£30 !budge you can ram it.

braveheart

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Wouldn't be much point.  If we make the semi then every Hearts supporter that wants a ticket will get one.  Regardless of who we play.

Yeah I’ve know, was just trying to come up with some idea. Semi & final then? Same thing, we didn’t sell out last year.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• ...a bit disco

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

1 hour ago, been here before said:

And you've done it by regurgitating with mind numbing tedium what others have said.

Don’t read a thread on ticket prices then 

image.png

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Just went on etickets and was actually shocked by how many available seats there are.  I knew ticket sales were slow but didn't think they were this bad.  At this rate we might be looking at a crowd of 8000.

Yep,quite shocking.Just checked section T...........

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The club seems totally out of touch with the fans just now. They've got the pricing on this one totally wrong. 

It wasn’t necessarily the clubs choice. 

57 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct but where they have made a mistake is not explaining the pricing structure

I want to know if we agreed to it or if we were forced into the prices as both clubs need to agree them and if not then the footballing authorities decide...so who did decide ?

Discounts for season ticket holders should have been given as some clubs gave fans in the the Betfred Cup

I'm going despite the prices and would encourage all to do so (even though I feel they are too high)  but an explanation would have been nice.

PS Rangers fans were unhappy at £27 for the cup replay last season and that was the price for the original tie against Kilmarnock

Both clubs agreed those prices at the time

Edited by CJGJ

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Based on how much we charge for season tickets and walk up prices, I'm pretty sure Budge & co will have been quite happy to charge 30 quid a ticket! If not, they would have came out and said so. 

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Based on how much we charge for season tickets and walk up prices, I'm pretty sure Budge & co will have been quite happy to charge 30 quid a ticket! If not, they would have came out and said so. 

That's certainly your opinion. I imagine it was a compromise. 

I don't think the prices are that unreasonable, for example if you want a seat in an upper section of the wheatfield for the Motherwell game its £34 (which is an actual piss take)

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Some of the folk bumping their gums will have no intention of going to the game no matter the prices.

Just another excuse to whinge.

:spoton:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 hours ago, Taffin said:

£25 and £15 imo

Based on an average of those 2 prices a full attendance would generate just short of 400k

A crowd of 16k would generate the same cash and take away some of our support. 

Rangers have won a battle here by driving costs up and supporters away.

Are Hearts fans going to take this lieing down or pay up and get tore into these?

On 15/02/2020 at 23:26, braveheart said:

Now I wouldn't say I was a fair weather supporter.the last 30 years I,ve travelled a round trip of 200 miles and missed around 20 home games in that time.used to goto every away game as well then when it got to £20 to get in I said fcuk it.now I content myself with getting to all the home games and cup matches.as a season ticket holder in all that time,a shareholder,a 500 club member,a player sponsor and foh contributer I would like to think I,ve paid my dues.but the time has come to say enough is enough.i know many fans pay far more than me for stkts and foh contributions but to put a blanket £30 on every seat is wrong.if this was forced upon us by sevco then come out with one of your famous statements and tell us.by staying silent Mrs b you either have no objection to these prices or you were maybe the main reason for these prices.imo a giant kick in the teeth to every fan who has had to watch that garbage week in week out all season and more.of the 4 of us who regularly travel none are going.no doubt I,ll get told to "not come back" or "spitting the dummy" or whatever if there's only 12-13k at the game I won,t have been the only one to say "Mrs budge you can ram yer £30 tickets"

Still of the same opinion?

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Still of the same opinion?

Hurt like hell not to go but no I don't regret not going.if it sent any sort of message out to the board or even Scottish football is don,t take fans for granted.upwards and onwards and back  next week.ended up at whickham v penrith instead!

For those in any doubt that Rangers were behind the pricing of Saturdays game then just have a look at the prices they are charging for the Europa League game against Leverkusen!!

Leverkusen fans = £39 (due to UEFA price cap)

Season ticket holders at Ibrox = £43 

Non season ticket holders = £49 !!!!!

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

For those in any doubt that Rangers were behind the pricing of Saturdays game then just have a look at the prices they are charging for the Europa League game against Leverkusen!!

Leverkusen fans = £39 (due to UEFA price cap)

Season ticket holders at Ibrox = £43 

Non season ticket holders = £49 !!!!!

Shame the home leg is first. Their fans getting sanctioned by UEFA meaning closed sections at Ibrox would've been nice :D

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts wanted it to be 25 it was mentioned by a journalist post match on Twitter. Might have added another 1000, too many folk were shiting it, price was not the whole story

Romanov Stole My Pension
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Hearts wanted it to be 25 it was mentioned by a journalist post match on Twitter. Might have added another 1000, too many folk were shiting it, price was not the whole story

But Rangers were allowed to force the price at £30? There needs to be more clarity. I think the club is probably quite happy that it's muddy and can rely on us blaming the other team.

I think Saturday was the lowest attendance of the season. A QF Vs Rangers. That proves the pricing model is wrong.

10 minutes ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

But Rangers were allowed to force the price at £30? There needs to be more clarity. I think the club is probably quite happy that it's muddy and can rely on us blaming the other team.

I think Saturday was the lowest attendance of the season. A QF Vs Rangers. That proves the pricing model is wrong.

It will probably take to the AGM later on in the year to find out, if someone asks the question and AB, Jacqui Duncan or whoever the Ticketing team report into are still at the club.

It was overpriced as football is generally over priced in Scotland due a number of historic factors.

That said, of we had been sitting in even top 6, there may have been some grumbling but we wouldn't have been that far off a sell out home end.

Challenging for Europe and Id say close to sell out even  at league walk up pricing.

Edited by DETTY29

9 minutes ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

If the clubs can’t agree the pricing would be the league game pricing which is £32 Bronze, £33 Silver, £34 Gold, £38 Platinum. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, JCR said:

If the clubs can’t agree the pricing would be the league game pricing which is £32 Bronze, £33 Silver, £34 Gold, £38 Platinum. 

Pesky facts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

League attendances suggest otherwise though. Problem with these cup games now, they are the same price for a great seat or an average one, even then some top seats were still available for the game.

Cheaper football I wont argue with, nobody would from their own pocket. 

Problem is competition, we spend a lot of money on wages, they have not provided a return this season, but doesn't mean we should reduce the budget. Getting the balance right, cup ties seem to be serious anomaly in how they are priced, but in Scotland its almost impossible to reach agreement on anything.

The Future's Maroon

Sure I read Hearts wanted the price £25, Sevco wanted £35...£30 was the compromise.

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Pesky facts.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Rules arent clear if specific category game or standard game pricing.

But yep.

£30 was fair and equally unfair.

If you get what I mean.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If folk are shifting it then Saturday game against Motherwell will be about 8000 according to you !

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Sure I read Hearts wanted the price £25, Sevco wanted £35...£30 was the compromise.

Said the same to my father prior to the game, remember when we closed a stand for ST. Johnstone being greedy sods.

Both clubs need to agree the price.

Glad they filled their stand and made their fans pay for the humiliation.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, theflagman said:

If folk are shifting it then Saturday game against Motherwell will be about 8000 according to you !

Nah they have paid their money and last time I checked Motherwell have not changed their name from Rangers. 

An inconvenient truth Hearts fans,  just like every other set of fans in Scotland are in awe of the Old Firm. 

2 hours ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

Both clubs have to agree the prices..in this case Rangers did not want to agree to £25..the default position that the footballing authorities would take is the normal league price so Hearts had to agree £30 which is less than the standard league ticket price..Rangers accepted the £30 figure

This is not rocket science it's just the rules..some need to do research

Frankly Rangers are to blame if anyone wants to moan and whilst we can argue the toss about £25 it would have been a more realistic figure for the tie....I'd have given season ticket holders a £5 discount as well

FarmerTweedy
22 minutes ago, theflagman said:

You're not aware we've got around 13k people who have already long ago bought their tickets for the Motherwell game?

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nah they have paid their money and last time I checked Motherwell have not changed their name from Rangers. 

An inconvenient truth Hearts fans,  just like every other set of fans in Scotland are in awe of the Old Firm. 

You reckon more would've turned out against Motherwell at £30 a pop?

FarmerTweedy
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Both clubs have to agree the prices..in this case Rangers did not want to agree to £25..the default position that the footballing authorities would take is the normal league price so Hearts had to agree £30 which is less than the standard league ticket price..Rangers accepted the £30 figure

Frankly Rangers are to blame if anyone wants to moan and whilst we can argue the toss about £25 it would have been a more realistic figure for the tie....I'd have given season ticket holders a £5 discount as well

That would get in the way of slating the club at every opportunity! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, kila said:

You reckon more would've turned out against Motherwell at £30 a pop?

Splitting hairs

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A have followed hearts for 35 years through thick an thin but the only reason was the 30 quid on sat nothing else 8000 other probably did the same weres it going end in England premiership  clubs capped away supporters to £30 when they took a stance.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, theflagman said:

A have followed hearts for 35 years through thick an thin but the only reason was the 30 quid on sat nothing else 8000 other probably did the same weres it going end in England premiership  clubs capped away supporters to £30 when they took a stance.

Following Hearts for 43 years,  20 quid 30 quid, makes no difference for weeks like this,  not going to say price is irrelevant but following my team is worth more than a protest over a couple of beers or a packet of fags

Romanov Stole My Pension
23 hours ago, CJGJ said:

On 03/03/2020 at 16:11, JCR said:

Good information, thanks.

My point still stands that there has to be more transparency. I've never seen the rule of charging league prices for the cup game on the Hearts site. If Rangers are forcing Hearts to charge ridiculous prices then the club should be shaming Rangers about it. Their supporters won't exactly be happy either if they knew Hearts wanted to charge them far less.

Romanov Stole My Pension
23 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That would get in the way of slating the club at every opportunity! 

I definitely can't be lumped into the group who slate the club at every opportunity. 

The attendance proved that the pricing was wrong. I paid my £30, enjoyed the game immensely, but felt let down by Hearts. If it wasn't down to Hearts then I just ask that they give us an explanation (I.e. it was Rangers fault).

1 hour ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

I definitely can't be lumped into the group who slate the club at every opportunity. 

The attendance proved that the pricing was wrong. I paid my £30, enjoyed the game immensely, but felt let down by Hearts. If it wasn't down to Hearts then I just ask that they give us an explanation (I.e. it was Rangers fault).

That's a big assumption!

The timing of the match was stupid.  Not every Hearts supporter lives within easy travelling distance of Tynie and trains, particularly to the south, hardly fit in with a possible 7.3ish finish.  That could necessitate an overnight stay which pushes up the match day venture well beyond a measly £30.

Also many people have Saturday evening commitments arranged well in advance of the game schedule.