£30 !budge you can ram it.

braveheart

Now I wouldn't say I was a fair weather supporter.the last 30 years I,ve travelled a round trip of 200 miles and missed around 20 home games in that time.used to goto every away game as well then when it got to £20 to get in I said fcuk it.now I content myself with getting to all the home games and cup matches.as a season ticket holder in all that time,a shareholder,a 500 club member,a player sponsor and foh contributer I would like to think I,ve paid my dues.but the time has come to say enough is enough.i know many fans pay far more than me for stkts and foh contributions but to put a blanket £30 on every seat is wrong.if this was forced upon us by sevco then come out with one of your famous statements and tell us.by staying silent Mrs b you either have no objection to these prices or you were maybe the main reason for these prices.imo a giant kick in the teeth to every fan who has had to watch that garbage week in week out all season and more.of the 4 of us who regularly travel none are going.no doubt I,ll get told to "not come back" or "spitting the dummy" or whatever if there's only 12-13k at the game I won,t have been the only one to say "Mrs budge you can ram yer £30 tickets"

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• ...a bit disco

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Cup prices are decided by both clubs. I'll probably pay the £30, but there has to be consistency across the board. It should be agreed at the start of the season that all cups games, regardless of opposition are £20 and £10, or thereabouts. 

As everyon e knows ticket prices have to be agreed between the clubs and, has been proven in the past, it has been the other team who have forced the prices higher. So have a go at the club who are skint and not us

15 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Now I wouldn't say I was a fair weather supporter.the last 30 years I,ve travelled a round trip of 200 miles and missed around 20 home games in that time.used to goto every away game as well then when it got to £20 to get in I said fcuk it.now I content myself with getting to all the home games and cup matches.as a season ticket holder in all that time,a shareholder,a 500 club member,a player sponsor and foh contributer I would like to think I,ve paid my dues.but the time has come to say enough is enough.i know many fans pay far more than me for stkts and foh contributions but to put a blanket £30 on every seat is wrong.if this was forced upon us by sevco then come out with one of your famous statements and tell us.by staying silent Mrs b you either have no objection to these prices or you were maybe the main reason for these prices.imo a giant kick in the teeth to every fan who has had to watch that garbage week in week out all season and more.of the 4 of us who regularly travel none are going.no doubt I,ll get told to "not come back" or "spitting the dummy" or whatever if there's only 12-13k at the game I won,t have been the only one to say "Mrs budge you can ram yer £30 tickets"

4 minutes ago, braveheart said:

That's your choice.there was cheaper tickets available.

You do realise £30 is cheaper than any tickets for our games against Rangers. It's a quarter final and it's still cheaper than a run of the mill league game against the same opposition. There has been lots to complain about at Hearts this season. I don't think our pricing policy for cup games is on the list.

£30 a head on top of season tickets, time, fuel and other expenses is too much. 

I have sympathy with the OP.

Others arguing that £30 is reasonable because it's cheaper than a league ticket completely dismisses the fact that the league ticket is a TOTAL rip-off itself.

We are charged stupid money for ball-breakingly bad football in Scotland. 

Folks doing 200 mile round trips should be rewarded with cheaper cup tickets. Just a thought!

Just move closer to Tynecastle mate and that solves a few problems. £30 is extremely fair. Some of my mates paid £29 for today. There is 6 of us that go weekly and are all season ticket holders and we’ll all be there supporting no worried about the prices. If it was £26 would that make you go? If you are going to go you are going to go. Not worry about 4 quid! You enjoy it on the tele and and I’ll enjoy it at Tynecastle!

7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

**** off. No one is asking you to pay the money. They have done their calculations based I. The current situation and planning for the worst. 

You are likely the type of ***** who will greet when they don’t have enough points for a cup semi/final ticket.

again... **** off

I'm with you on that Sexton. It seems an unnecessary gripe today of all days that we're all disappointed at both the performance and result. 

Sorry but £30 is too high...there should be a max price of £25 and £19 for adult tickets for other parts of the stadium

The cup prices are determined between the two clubs and Hearts should be standing up for the fans...the fans remember all but own our club

Season ticket holders at least should get a £10 discount if a £30 price is to be applied but even that is not enough in my opinion

If Rangers are forcing a higher price then tell us all..if not then we have to assume we have colluded in these prices

£30 for any game in Scotland is ridiculous.

For a club that apparently wants to pride itself on being progressive and seen to be doing the right thing by hard up, working class families, the overpricing of matches at Tynecastle flies in the face of that.

The prices are disgusting, tbh.

12 hours ago, braveheart said:

At least you avoided looking like an angry ranter though.   

£30 is probably a bit too high. I’d of said £25.

the derby tickets no doubt on sale soon as well means an expensive double whammy.

I’ll be going and paying the £30 but I know a couple of mates that have said they’re not.

It’ll not sell out but that’s more because of the form

5 minutes ago, The Roller said:

£30 for any game in Scotland is ridiculous.

For a club that apparently wants to pride itself on being progressive and seen to be doing the right thing by hard up, working class families, the overpricing of matches at Tynecastle flies in the face of that.

The prices are disgusting, tbh.

Tbh I get that ‘argument’ but it falls apart when people them complain about the over all standard.
Given the tv deal and sponsorship is virtually worthless If you reduce ticket prices then you also need to reduce wages, it’s a vicious cycle.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Cup game rounds should be price graded with all clubs charging the same across the board for the same round of the competition 

Maybe a maximum of £20 up to the semis with kids going free

£30 for final 

Every club just seems to be able to charge whatever they want 

Club's get  TV money which should subsidise the price at the turnstiles, this money is never passed on to the punters 

Edited by Still Tynie

GorgieRules22

Stadium will be half empty and yesterday wouldn’t have helped.

I feel the current players are ripping the heart out of the club, shitebags to a man.

From a business point of view then it’s more than fair. Given that we are a bottom 6 team this year, then we will miss out on 3 home games to Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen. This will cause us two guaranteed full houses in the Roseburn at £90k each and about 1500 Aberdeen fans at approx £35-40k. Painfully this will cost us £220k. 

I’d happily pay £35 each for  me and the bairn to go. We need as much revenue as possible to rebuild for next year. Going down to the championship, then the financial ramifications are unthinkable 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

From a business point of view then it’s more than fair. Given that we are a bottom 6 team this year, then we will miss out on 3 home games to Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen. This will cause us two guaranteed full houses in the Roseburn at £90k each and about 1500 Aberdeen fans at approx £35-40k. Painfully this will cost us £220k. 

I’d happily pay £35 each for  me and the bairn to go. We need as much revenue as possible to rebuild for next year. Going down to the championship, then the financial ramifications are unthinkable 

This. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Paying £30 to watch a team that can’t even get the basics of football right. I’ll give it a miss. Paying for a season ticket to get tortured every second week is daft enough.

been here before
12 hours ago, braveheart said:

Bless.

21 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Stadium will be half empty and yesterday wouldn’t have helped.

I feel the current players are ripping the heart out of the club, shitebags to a man.

Totally agree" maybe not all  but a fair few of them are , for sure 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍

Captain Lithuania

I can’t wait to see how people react when Ann generously announces that following our relegation to the Championship that our season ticket prices will be frozen for the next three years. At current prices of course. 

Our ticket prices are a joke. Not much actually working well at the moment but the happy clappers will tell you we are a fantastically run business.

12 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Dry yer eyes op 

If you opened yours instead of blindly defending the club at every turn you might realise how much shit we are in.

Last time I checked then chocolate buttons wasn’t a currency. Nor is Monopoly money. If we want to be 3rd team in Scotland every year then we need quality players in and they don’t come cheaply.

We now have a manager with an ethos and a style that he wants to play. Imo the players aren’t good enough to play yet he is stuck with them and is trying to make the best of a bad bunch. At least he is at training every day ‘coaching’ these players.  A total rebuild is required.  Jurgen Klopp was given time and resources to transform Liverpool from the Brenda Rogers, to world champions.  Now we have idiots calling for the managers head already. Does anyone realise what this would cost to get rid of him and his team after 4 months? Are people really so stupid? The same people calling for his head are the same ones who refuse to pay a small hike in ticket revenue. Probably take sandwiches to Tynecastle to save paying into the kiosk revenue. Budge has done amazing to bring everything back under one house and to maximise catering and hospitality. She is not a stupid woman.  

If I were her I’d be selling tickets in block release to all parts of the ground. Like a cup final scenario. Any unsold tickets would be given to the opposition like the league cup semi final, and a line of stewards and police could form a segregated area. Why should the club miss out on much needed revenue to cater for the minority of pant wetters? If you don’t like it then don’t go. Watch it on tv and sell the unsold tickets to the Hun. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

28 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Pricing fans out of attending is not acceptable.

3 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

"From a business point of view" is everything that's wrong with the club.

In case you haven’t noticed then football is a business. And without one you don’t have the other unless you play Sunday league amateur. Top players require top salaries. 

I’m interested in how we move forward without taking two steps back at every turn! 

12 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

£30 a head on top of season tickets, time, fuel and other expenses is too much. 

I have sympathy with the OP.

Others arguing that £30 is reasonable because it's cheaper than a league ticket completely dismisses the fact that the league ticket is a TOTAL rip-off itself.

We are charged stupid money for ball-breakingly bad football in Scotland. 

Folks doing 200 mile round trips should be rewarded with cheaper cup tickets. Just a thought!

Wonder if Liverpool would sell me a cheap ticket seeing as I have a long round trip.

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Probably not long before we start announcing a hike in next season's season ticket. Another season of failure.

Won't affect you though.

5 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

"From a business point of view" is everything that's wrong with football

Fixed. Its far from a club issue. You can go watch a far higher standard of football down south for cheaper than a Scottish match but English teams don't rely on ticket money. 

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Last time I checked then chocolate buttons wasn’t a currency. North is Monopoly money. If we want to be 3rd team in Scotland every year then we need quality players in and they don’t come cheaply.

We now have a manager with an ethos and a style that he wants to play. Imo the players aren’t good enough to play yet he is stuck with them and is trying to make the beat of a bad bunch. At least he is at training every day ‘coaching’ these players.  A total rebuild is required.  Jurgen Klopp was given time and resources to transform Liverpool from the Brenda Rogers, to world champions.  Now we have idiots calling for the managers head already. Does anyone realise what this would cost to get rid of him and his team after 4 months? Are people really so stupid? The same people calling for his head are the same ones who refuse to pay a small hike in ticket revenue. Probably take sandwiches to Tynecastle to save paying into the kiosk revenue. Budge has done amazing to bring everything back under one house and to maximise catering and hospitality. She is not a stupid woman.  

If I were her I’d be selling tickets in block release to all parts of the ground. Like a cup final scenario. Any unsold tickets would be given to the opposition like the league cup semi final, and a line of stewards and police could form a segregated area. Why should the club miss out on much needed revenue to cater for the minority of pant wetters? If you don’t like it then don’t go. Watch it on tv and sell the unsold tickets to the Hun. 

Not too far off with this.

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Pricing fans out of attending is not acceptable.

Pricing fans out that can’t afford it is unacceptable. I agree that there should be concessions for all people on benefits, under 16’s and over 65’s.  I also agree that unsold tickets or at least 500-1000 tickets should be given to the schools to fill up spaces. This will help ensnare a few jambos when they’re old enough to choose which team to follow. 

54 minutes ago, Balernojambo said:

I think it should be part of season ticket.

Then we would need to give sevco half the value of the seats taken up by season ticket holders.

You've not really thought about this have you?

Just now, graygo said:

Then we would need to give sevco half the value of the seats taken up by season ticket holders.

You've not really thought about this have you?

How did it work in the past when cup games were in the book ?