£30 !budge you can ram it.

braveheart

3 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Because Rangers wanted £35 and wouldn’t go below £30, and in that case it goes to the SFA to decide the price. What do you think they’d have done?

So she bottled it. 

Been quite the disappointment in standing up for our club, hasn’t she ☹️

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• ...a bit disco

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Guest ToqueJambo

Crazy thread. This is a football problem (not just Scotland) not a Budge or Hearts problem. Everyone would like it to be cheaper to watch games but all clubs need to cut prices not just one. Until then decide how important watching Hearts is to you compared to what else you do with your disposable income.

Anyhow, this is not price gouging to make Hearts fans pay more, which is what Mercer famously did for a particular home European game - Bologna I think, this price is agreed between teams.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Rangers had to be given the whole end. 

queen Ann has had several opportunities to address the OF fan issues including restricting allocation and hasn't done anything fundamental which suggests she is at least accepting of their behaviour - you generally come across as someone who would understand this concept so I'm not sure why youre referring to restricting allocations for a cup game and its obvious issues

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

queen Ann has had several opportunities to address the OF fan issues including restricting allocation and hasn't done anything fundamental which suggests she is at least accepting of their behaviour - you generally come across as someone who would understand this concept so I'm not sure why youre referring to restricting allocations for a cup game and its obvious issues

Budge has closed areas of the ground for Rangers and Celtic games as a direct result of their behaviour. She did it last season.

5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Scottish cup has different rules from league games for away ticket allocations. 

4 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Because Rangers wanted £35 and wouldn’t go below £30, and in that case it goes to the SFA to decide the price. What do you think they’d have done?

If this was true then why the silence?

I put up a post earlier on this thread after some research.

Did make (at least) one error but hey ho.

But v. quickly

Both teams need to agree pricing

Arbitration is recommended to default to league home team league pricing when in dispute rather than complain to governing body.

As  a PS with no evidence on the pricing for this game, Sevco has an evil PR augmented by a compliant pro Sevco press.

Edited by DETTY29

4 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Out of curiosity (seeing as its started a debate) how do you know this?

16 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Know someone that works in the ticket office. 

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Do you think its overpriced ?, i certainly do and ftr have not mentioned Anne.

No, I dont think it is overpriced.

I never said you had mentioned Ann.

On 16/02/2020 at 17:01, Smith's right boot said:

£20 or £30, is that a deal breaker? 

If we were playing well no one would care. 

£10 is just about  2 pints in most bars now. 

If you wanna go, go. If you don't, don't. 

But imo using the price as an excuse is shite. 

Will Folk avoid the final if it's over £20?

15,000@£30 or 19,000@£20. Which is the obvious one to go for? 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don't believe £10 is a deciding factor for that many. 

It's an excuse, if you want to go you'd go at £20, £25 or £30.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge has closed areas of the ground for Rangers and Celtic games as a direct result of their behaviour. She did it last season.

Didnt close  f.....g enough of them !

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

im assuming you are referring to the end sections next to the hearts fans to reduce the risk of trouble?

thats why I used the phrase including fundamental in that she has not drastically changed anything as in she is accepting of the situation without the need to make big changes like halving their allocation or the like

thats ok gbp makes up for the sash bash but it infers she’s accepting of it which was the original point :yawn:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Scottish cup has different rules from league games for away ticket allocations. 

that’s good allows queen Ann a free-pass on the acceptance of the sash bash

if only there were other examples to assess queen Ann’s acceptance of it

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

high-finance ticket negotiations being leaked now - sounds like a shambles (if you believe it)

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Spot on !!!! Those not going because ts either a fiver or tenner is too much should hang their heads in shame. To me they are not Hearts fans. The team needs all the support they can get just now. They do not need this stupid bickering. To many H1b5 on this thread!

Edited by Independence

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

that’s good allows queen Ann a free-pass on the acceptance of the sash bash

if only there were other examples to assess queen Ann’s acceptance of it

Sorry, I thought this was a thread about the Scottish Cup tie. 🙂

People pointing out that if we didn't agree to the price we'd have been paying more due to it being cat A pricing.

That doesn't make it okay, all that does is highlight that our cat A prices are too high.

I'm lucky enough that £30 isn't a big deal but it's certainly not value for money. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

You obviously don't know the rules or are just ignoring them in your rush to have yet another boring go at our owner. If the clubs can't agree then the usual league prices apply

as someone else raised do we know the details of the negotiations? looks like the words written by someone with 9 posts (often perceived as a bad thing) is taken as read unless there’s something a bit more robust - there could be - apologies if I missed it?

any indication from Queen Ann that she wanted to do an offer for the fans?

soon queen Ann will no longer be our owner thankfully :)

Just now, Independence said:

Spot on !!!! Those not going because ts either a fiver or tenner is too much should hang their heads in shame. To me they are not Hearts fans. The team needs all the support they can get just now. They do not need this stupid bickering. To many H1b5 on this thread!

If it’s Hibs bickering then they’re not Hearts.

What’ll it be ?

What if a supporter can’t afford it ?

Should he hang his head in shame ?

Think you should maybe try it after that disaster of a post !

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sorry, I thought this was a thread about the Scottish Cup tie. 🙂

you referred to a league game earlier in the thread so seems ur getting a bit confused

apology accepted tho

:)

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you referred to a league game earlier in the thread so seems ur getting a bit confused

apology accepted tho

Did I indeed.  Jings, you’ve got a good memory if I did?  😄

Hopefully the reference was in context, unlike yours, as clearly, unless Rangers asked for less tickets, the club had no choice but to give them the full end for this match. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did I indeed.  Jings, you’ve got a good memory if I did?  😄

Hopefully the reference was in context, unlike yours, as clearly, unless Rangers asked for less tickets, the club had no choice but to give them the full end for this match. 

didnt even know you had - took me about 10 seconds to find one tho

id say about equally relevant - I liked it

54 minutes ago, Independence said:

What an utter embarrassment of a post that is!🙈🙈🙈🙈

1 hour ago, Boab said:

If it’s Hibs bickering then they’re not Hearts.

What’ll it be ?

What if a supporter can’t afford it ?

Should he hang his head in shame ?

Think you should maybe try it after that disaster of a post !

Theres a few on here that compare themselves to uber fans ?   Or I've been to more ga

Edited by Hectormasson
Not finished texting

Mes than you ,sort of thing ? More loyal than you etc ,, were all hearts fans and all seek same thing ,   winning team !  So f....k all these wannabes that think they are summit else , and better than the rest on here"    cant stand so.e of these folks attitudes,,   

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

im assuming you are referring to the end sections next to the hearts fans to reduce the risk of trouble?

thats why I used the phrase including fundamental in that she has not drastically changed anything as in she is accepting of the situation without the need to make big changes like halving their allocation or the like

thats ok gbp makes up for the sash bash but it infers she’s accepting of it which was the original point :yawn:

It doesn't infer she's accepting of it at all. Are you saying Budge should ban travelling fans? Not saying I'm against banning Rangers and Celtic fans but where does it end? Have any other clubs ever done that as usually it's a punishment from football authorities? She's responsible for Hearts fans and has attempted to get our own house in order, which has caused a lot of grief for her. 

Has everyone been on the drink (gripe juice) tonight ? 

Some JKB posters are not happy unless they are moaning. 

The prize for the most unrealistic poster goes to MMM. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Has everyone been on the drink (gripe juice) tonight ? 

Some JKB posters are not happy unless they are moaning. 

The prize for the most unrealistic poster goes to MMM. 

thanks means a lot :lol:

5 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Hunners and hunners and hunners left ...........

A dot count will be easier/quicker to count seats sold rather than available! 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Cant get 20k in the stadium when uglies visit. Capacity is just over 19k 

Ok, just over 19k at 25 quid is my answer. 

Recent developments suggest the Govan lot are skint again. Wanting £35 for the cup tickets and forcing Livingston to play 24 hours after postponement which is virtually unheard of. Cash must be at a minimum at the moment. If they lose two cup ties next week their money could run out. 

19 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

2 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Ok, just over 19k at 25 quid is my answer. 

Not only is 15,000@£30 going to raise more, but in general football fans are not that price sensitive. There is a reason clubs charge what they do. They believe it will maximise revenue. Other clubs have tried to go down the route of slashing prices to bring in more fans and generally failed. It was a while back now, but Motherwell tried a very aggressive price strategy and had to go back as they didn't get anything like the increased attendances that would be required. The Airdrie cup game was reduced to £12 and £7, with 3 weeks of no football before it and still got a crowd of under 15k. If there were a whole lot of fans priced out of the game at league walk-up prices you might expect an influx of fans when the price dropped so significantly (£9-26 off depending on area of the ground). The way to maximise revenue seems to be to price gouge your most loyal fans rather than reduce prices and increase your audience. It is a real shame that is the case, but the idea that fans on a message board are able to come up with a more profitable price strategy on the back of a fag packet on their lunch break is overly optimistic.

Serge Pizzorno
19 hours ago, Independence said:

Was going to give an argument back to this until I seen your name.

Lose each time but insist that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Serge Pizzorno

People saying that if you don't like the prices don't pay it are part of the huge problem in Scottish football, and is incredibly narrow minded.

Just because we will pay it, doesn't mean it is right. 

So we get better players by charging more then why are we bottom of the League,more than half our League will pay a fraction of our salary's an we cannot even compete with them,miss management an somebody who Ken's nothing about football.

Just now, theflagman said:

So we get better players by charging more then why are we bottom of the League,more than half our League will pay a fraction of our salary's an we cannot even compete with them,miss management an somebody who Ken's nothing about football.

I think you may have discovered a flaw in the over-charging argument !

1 hour ago, theflagman said:

Hot take.

can't imagine the prices would be any cheaper if we were playing Hibs at this stage so not sure what the fuss is about especially after the cheap prices for the Airdrie (and Falkirk) game(s)

11 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

can't imagine the prices would be any cheaper if we were playing Hibs at this stage so not sure what the fuss is about especially after the cheap prices for the Airdrie (and Falkirk) game(s)

Can't remember but how much were the tickets for the last Scottish cup v Hibs?

15 hours ago, theflagman said:

Spot on. I think Hearts fans have contributed more than any other club in Scotland per head and its about time the club repaid that investment. 

3 hours ago, braveheart said:

Can't remember but how much were the tickets for the last Scottish cup v Hibs?

just checked my ticket and I paid £34 in the Main Stand. No idea if it was graded (Gold/silver etc) as opposed to one price this time.

Anyway, cheaper by £4 in the  Main Stand this time round.

If we are not selling tixs well for this game it's certainly changed days from when we got 44,000 (probably nearer to 50,000 with the gates being forced) against Rangers at the same stage in 1968.  I would imagine there were at least 20,000/25,000 jambos present at that one