£30 !budge you can ram it.

braveheart

Niemi’s gloves
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Get the benefactor to make up the shortfall then. Why make us punters pay for the clubs’ failings?

Or perhaps shake the magic money tree?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• ...a bit disco

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

If people are happy to pay it then the pricing is correct; the attendance will say whether it was right or wrong I guess.

As I mentioned before, the price for what's on offer in Scottish football is far too high. No competition in the league, dreadful standards and facilities doesn't represent value for money.

Some of the league prices we charge are eye watering when compared to other countries with a much better product.

Baldwigforjack
2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Good one.

Nothing wrong with local amateur football.

Amateur? There's NOTHING amateur about Leith Athletic or Edinburgh United. I think you'll find they're both in a SENIOR league.

Edited by Baldwigforjack

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

I didn't see anyone saying it wasn't affordable. More that it wasnt realistic given other ties and TV etc.  Unbelievable !! Your post smacks of arrogance.

Aye okay!

On 16/02/2020 at 11:33, Balernojambo said:

I think it should be part of season ticket.

It was in 1998 when we beat the Hun in the final. Daughter and I went to every home game on our season tickets only paid for semi and final tickets. 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Baldwigforjack said:

Amateur? There's NOTHING amateur about Leith Athletic or Edinburgh United. I think you'll find they're both in a SENIOR league.

Apologies!

Some on here still trotting out the, better players cost more money so if we want "success" we have to pay more- blind leading the blind.

23 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Some on here still trotting out the, better players cost more money so if we want "success" we have to pay more- blind leading the blind.

Then there is others who have no idea how much it costs to run a football club. 

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

I went to Man City V Shakter, it never cost £30, that was champions league.

Our turnover is £15 million per year. Every team in the EPL gets 10 times that from TV revenue alone never mind Champions League cash. We can only compare ourselves with other Scottish teams who like us except for the Old Firm are funded by match day income. £25 would have been better but im sure i paid £35 against the vermin in the cup when Berra scored late on.

2 hours ago, thewiseone said:

More money doesn’t guarantee success but it tends to help. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

If people are happy to pay it then the pricing is correct; the attendance will say whether it was right or wrong I guess.

As I mentioned before, the price for what's on offer in Scottish football is far too high. No competition in the league, dreadful standards and facilities doesn't represent value for money.

Some of the league prices we charge are eye watering when compared to other countries with a much better product.

Germany for instance have a much better product and relatively cheap tickets. Interesting to see the RB Leipzig fans with a banner about pricing tonight against Spurs, and throwing loo rolls on to bring the attention of the cameras. 

On 16/02/2020 at 11:27, Newton51 said:

25 would have been fair. Cup wise 30 is more like a semi final onwards price

This,  wont be there, its on TV.

Got my Motherwell ticket though, even on league games i go for bottom tier seats

as the price gap is huge from upper, very strange as we are poor just now.

Take the upper tier seats down 3 pounds and get extra fans, never happen.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Germany for instance have a much better product and relatively cheap tickets. Interesting to see the RB Leipzig fans with a banner about pricing tonight against Spurs, and throwing loo rolls on to bring the attention of the cameras. 

They do but how much money do Bundesliga teams get from TV compared to tickets? The 50+1 rule also helps. 

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

More money doesn’t guarantee success but it tends to help. 

Maybes aye, maybes naw.

Not something Hearts fans or club needs to be driving. 

Look at what's presently happening! 

The only thing it will achieve is further alienation of a section of support , we can I'll afford to lose and a potentially half empty stadium which should be like a bear Pitt on the day but will be more like a library probably.

Look at successful smaller, similar sized clubs who have had success- Leicester, Aberdeen a few years ago now, Dundee United, Nottingham Forrest, Burnley etc . Their relative successes didn't result from buying the best , or paying the most to my knowledge.

What is it that all these clubs harnessed to achieve their successes?

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Fxxx the SPFL
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I believe Germany have the highest average attendances in Europe so 50 thousand paying £15 is raking in more than 18 thousand paying £30. I feel sorry for those who can't afford it, earlier rounds were relatively cheap.

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I believe Germany have the highest average attendances in Europe so 50 thousand paying £15 is raking in more than 18 thousand paying £30. I feel sorry for those who can't afford it, earlier rounds were relatively cheap.

That’s the thing. Most of us actually can’t really afford it but we go anyway. No wonder people are raging. 

25 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Maybes aye, maybes naw.

Not something Hearts fans or club needs to be driving. 

Look at what's presently happening! 

The only thing it will achieve is further alienation of a section of support , we can I'll afford to lose and a potentially half empty stadium which should be like a bear Pitt on the day but will be more like a library probably.

Look at successful smaller, similar sized clubs who have had success- Leicester, Aberdeen a few years ago now, Dundee United, Nottingham Forrest, Burnley etc . Their relative successes didn't result from buying the best , or paying the most to my knowledge.

What is it that all these clubs harnessed to achieve their successes?

They got lucky in getting an exceptional manager which allowed them to compete,  albeit for a short period and in different times. However, the bigger and richer a club is generally equates with being the more consistent and more successful over the long term. 

been here before
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They got lucky in getting an exceptional manager which allowed them to compete,  albeit for a short period and in different times. However, the bigger and richer a club is generally equates with being the more consistent and more successful over the long term. 

Timing also plays a part for some. Leicester, Aberdeen, Utd all enjoying their success when the traditional 'big guns' were having poor seasons.

On 15/02/2020 at 23:55, Hearts_fan said:

£30 a head on top of season tickets, time, fuel and other expenses is too much. 

I have sympathy with the OP.

Others arguing that £30 is reasonable because it's cheaper than a league ticket completely dismisses the fact that the league ticket is a TOTAL rip-off itself.

We are charged stupid money for ball-breakingly bad football in Scotland. 

Folks doing 200 mile round trips should be rewarded with cheaper cup tickets. Just a thought!

Imagine if Man U done that, old trafford would be free to attend for 95% of their 'fans'

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They do but how much money do Bundesliga teams get from TV compared to tickets? The 50+1 rule also helps. 

Probably less than EPL teams do, I think the protests in English were aimed at Spurs.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Chicken and the Egg, would we get more fans in if it was cheaper, most definitely I think. 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Chicken and the Egg, would we get more fans in if it was cheaper, most definitely I think. 

We might be sold out every week if we let everyone in for a fiver. There is an optimum point for every match where you maximise income from the attending crowd. Finding that point is tricky though. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We might be sold out every week if we let everyone in for a fiver. There is an optimum point for every match where you maximise income from the attending crowd. Finding that point is tricky though. 

The cheap kids season ticket has worked wonders, lots of youngsters all over the ground. The maximum income will not be made from this live on TV game, although I realise the new team wanted high prices. One of mates is a Palace fan and had his sons up here for Xmas, it was going to cost nearly £80 I think for them to go to the Aberdeen game. We probably lost a couple of young future fans due to that, and the £80 plus food and scarves etc. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The cheap kids season ticket has worked wonders, lots of youngsters all over the ground. The maximum income will not be made from this live on TV game, although I realise the new team wanted high prices. One of mates is a Palace fan and had his sons up here for Xmas, it was going to cost nearly £80 I think for them to go to the Aberdeen game. We probably lost a couple of young future fans due to that, and the £80 plus food and scarves etc. 

There’s always going to be some that can't afford whatever the price. It is a balance that has to be found. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There’s always going to be some that can't afford whatever the price. It is a balance that has to be found. 

**** them then eh? What a bizarre thing to say. All Hearts fans should be encouraged to contribute however little. I’m sure we used to have concessions for the unemployed, in today’s world that would be good. I’m lucky to be able to contribute as much as I want, it doesn’t mean I look down on others who can’t.

Fxxx the SPFL
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I have three grandkids ages three, two and new born last week (all boys not that it matters) i'm looking forward to taking them to Hearts games hopefully costs will be kept lowish for kids. I had the eldest there for the Auchinleck  game last year probably a bit too young he fidgeted a lot and he also watched me (grandson three months old) playing on the hallowed turf representing kickback against the Hearts All Stars last game before the old stand was ripped down close game we only got beat 10-0

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray

Club wouldn’t want to introduce more concessions as people would take the piss, costing a fortune. Raith Rovers issued a statement a few years back saying they were losing thousands a year from people claiming to be disabled when they weren’t, Hearts would lose tens of thousands. 

The big clubs in Germany do have cheap standing tickets, but they still have seats costing hundreds at the same time. 

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

**** them then eh? What a bizarre thing to say. All Hearts fans should be encouraged to contribute however little. I’m sure we used to have concessions for the unemployed, in today’s world that would be good. I’m lucky to be able to contribute as much as I want, it doesn’t mean I look down on others who can’t.

Not bizarre mo. Unless we let folk in for nothing there will always be someone that can’t afford it. There are a range of prices and seats across the stadium and some games are cheaper than others. 

I think we last had concessions for the unemployed in the 80s where folk had to bring their ub40 ( do they still exist? ). I don’t have a problem with concessions  ( looking forward to finally being one in a couple of years time ) but, as I’ll say again, there is a balance to be had. 

25 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I have three grandkids ages three, two and new born last week (all boys not that it matters) i'm looking forward to taking them to Hearts games hopefully costs will be kept lowish for kids. I had the eldest there for the Auchinleck  game last year probably a bit too young he fidgeted a lot and he also watched me (grandson three months old) playing on the hallowed turf representing kickback against the Hearts All Stars last game before the old stand was ripped down close game we only got beat 10-0

Took both my daughters when they were kids from about 6 onwards. They enjoyed the sweets I bought them. 

Two ways of looking at it.

£30 is ok if you look at your price for that seat for a sevco league game. 
However, if you think the prices for the above game are high then it’s not really good at all.

As Dave says, everyone won’t be happy.

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said m8 that's true 👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Adults foaming at the mouth about Budge and a ticket price that has to he agreed between both clubs.

Be annoyed at the price all you want. The issue here isnt Budge.

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Adults foaming at the mouth about Budge and a ticket price that has to he agreed between both clubs.

For Cup games, you’re spot on.

Generally, I’m at a loss as to why we have 4 Cat A games at prices which are too high imo.

For walk ups at Cat B games, there are cheaper tickets to be had but we charge some of the highest prices in the top flight.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Plenty to criticise Budge for but this isn’t one of them, you can blame rangers for these prices. Hearts wanted £20. 

did queen Ann just roll over to our big cousins then if its ended up at £30

some foamer above is saying its nothing to do with queen budge and then contradicting themselves by saying the clubs needed to agree 

if we agreed why did we agree?

5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

some foamer above is saying its nothing to do with queen budge and then contradicting themselves by saying the clubs needed to agree 

Because Rangers wanted £35 and wouldn’t go below £30, and in that case it goes to the SFA to decide the price. What do you think they’d have done?

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Club wouldn’t want to introduce more concessions as people would take the piss, costing a fortune. Raith Rovers issued a statement a few years back saying they were losing thousands a year from people claiming to be disabled when they weren’t, Hearts would lose tens of thousands. 

The big clubs in Germany do have cheap standing tickets, but they still have seats costing hundreds at the same time. 

Interesting point.

There was a guy behind me in the catering queue on Saturday bragging to his mate that he had bought a kids ticket online. Said Hearts were better off with his little contribution than no contribution. 

Not quite sure what people were expecting, the earlier rounds have been cheap. This was always going to be a £28-£35 game. It's not like this is a new price point. I have a season ticket, averages out at £27ish a game, an extra £3 for a big cup game against Rangers is hardly a surprise. 

If we pump them like we did a few weeks ago it will be worth every penny. 

36 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

If we hadn't forced sevco down to £30 we would have been paying category A prices

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

If we hadn't forced sevco down to £30 we would have been paying category A prices

why didn't queen Ann not say £15 or something and take it to the dispute process and make a stand for the hearts fans - sounds like she's happy enough to accept the £30 similarly the impending roseburn sash bash

maroonlegions

Just bought my  usual season ticket seat for the cup game. Glad i got my own seat.

Saturday evening kick off, nae work the next day, bring it oan..

FTH.

14 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

why didn't queen Ann not say £15 or something and take it to the dispute process and make a stand for the hearts fans - sounds like she's happy enough to accept the £30 similarly the impending roseburn sash bash

Rangers had to be given the whole end. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not bizarre mo. Unless we let folk in for nothing there will always be someone that can’t afford it. There are a range of prices and seats across the stadium and some games are cheaper than others. 

I think we last had concessions for the unemployed in the 80s where folk had to bring their ub40 ( do they still exist? ). I don’t have a problem with concessions  ( looking forward to finally being one in a couple of years time ) but, as I’ll say again, there is a balance to be had. 

Yes I used to use it for my season ticket, alongside my 500 club vouchers bizarrely enough. I think it should be reintroduced, at midweek and big games you see so many different faces at games. I think we could lower some prices to encourage a full house, consequently sell less tickets to the uglies etc. A balance yes, more thought for our less fortunate fans wouldn’t go amiss.

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Do you think its overpriced ?, i certainly do and ftr have not mentioned Anne.

24 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

You obviously don't know the rules or are just ignoring them in your rush to have yet another boring go at our owner. If the clubs can't agree then the usual league prices apply