• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• ...a bit disco

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We won't be selling this out.

I will be there but £30 is steep for all areas of stadium.

Definitely not. Be lucky if there is over 15,000 at this. Poor pricing. I suppose the lack of ticket sales in the Hearts support will be offset by the Huns bringing 3,500 orcs.

12 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

You do realise £30 is cheaper than any tickets for our games against Rangers. It's a quarter final and it's still cheaper than a run of the mill league game against the same opposition. There has been lots to complain about at Hearts this season. I don't think our pricing policy for cup games is on the list.

totally agree.  Cup pricing in recent years has been very acceptable.  Gone are the days when cup games were included in your Season Book but excellent pricing for league cup group matches, home cup ties against lower league opposition yet people are complaining (which is their right) about a major cup quarter final against one of the bigger Premiership teams even although it is still priced lower than an equivalent league game.  Oh well, I'll still go, might even go to Easter Road the following Tuesday despite most probably being charged at least £2 or £4 more for the pleasure of standing at the back of their breeze block, meccano set Frankenstein stand!

12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but £30 is too high...there should be a max price of £25 and £19 for adult tickets for other parts of the stadium

The cup prices are determined between the two clubs and Hearts should be standing up for the fans...the fans remember all but own our club

Season ticket holders at least should get a £10 discount if a £30 price is to be applied but even that is not enough in my opinion

If Rangers are forcing a higher price then tell us all..if not then we have to assume we have colluded in these prices

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Cheers. 
Wasn’t aware of that.

I remember it being in the book however.

They were included. All cup and reserve games. I think it then dropped to only the first cup game before being done away with altogether 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

They were included. All cup and reserve games. I think it then dropped to only the first cup game before being done away with altogether 

no doubt people complained about paying it if we never got a home draw in the cup

£30 isn’t that bad if the team were worth a watch. £30 for watching the dross that we serve up is where the problem is especially when it’s on TV.

13 hours ago, braveheart said:

Now I wouldn't say I was a fair weather supporter.the last 30 years I,ve travelled a round trip of 200 miles and missed around 20 home games in that time.used to goto every away game as well then when it got to £20 to get in I said fcuk it.now I content myself with getting to all the home games and cup matches.as a season ticket holder in all that time,a shareholder,a 500 club member,a player sponsor and foh contributer I would like to think I,ve paid my dues.but the time has come to say enough is enough.i know many fans pay far more than me for stkts and foh contributions but to put a blanket £30 on every seat is wrong.if this was forced upon us by sevco then come out with one of your famous statements and tell us.by staying silent Mrs b you either have no objection to these prices or you were maybe the main reason for these prices.imo a giant kick in the teeth to every fan who has had to watch that garbage week in week out all season and more.of the 4 of us who regularly travel none are going.no doubt I,ll get told to "not come back" or "spitting the dummy" or whatever if there's only 12-13k at the game I won,t have been the only one to say "Mrs budge you can ram yer £30 tickets"

Agree, not a chance I am paying £30 for this game. 

Baldwigforjack
13 hours ago, braveheart said:

Now I wouldn't say I was a fair weather supporter.the last 30 years I,ve travelled a round trip of 200 miles and missed around 20 home games in that time.used to goto every away game as well then when it got to £20 to get in I said fcuk it.now I content myself with getting to all the home games and cup matches.as a season ticket holder in all that time,a shareholder,a 500 club member,a player sponsor and foh contributer I would like to think I,ve paid my dues.but the time has come to say enough is enough.i know many fans pay far more than me for stkts and foh contributions but to put a blanket £30 on every seat is wrong.if this was forced upon us by sevco then come out with one of your famous statements and tell us.by staying silent Mrs b you either have no objection to these prices or you were maybe the main reason for these prices.imo a giant kick in the teeth to every fan who has had to watch that garbage week in week out all season and more.of the 4 of us who regularly travel none are going.no doubt I,ll get told to "not come back" or "spitting the dummy" or whatever if there's only 12-13k at the game I won,t have been the only one to say "Mrs budge you can ram yer £30 tickets"

The game I saw yesterday cost a fiver and there was nine goals.Much better value for money in non-league football.

...a bit disco
Just now, Baldwigforjack said:

The game I saw yesterday cost a fiver and there was nine goals.Much better value for money in non-league football.

What game, out of interest?

29 minutes ago, graygo said:

Gates weren't shared 

Are you sure? As far as I am aware and as long as I remember, Scottish cup receipts have been shared.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Are you sure? As far as I am aware and as long as I remember, Scottish cup receipts have been shared.

Shoosh, I had that debate won. ☹️

Either way it would be crazy to include cup games. At today's prices it would cripple the club.

Edited by graygo

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

You could be right, graygo. I just thought that the opposite was the case, with a value calculated for any season ticket admissions.

That's why the smaller clubs have always looked forwards to the bonanza of an away tie at a big club - they get a share of that club's supporters' receipts too. After the home club has subtracted operating expenses of course. I hope that someone comes along to put us right one way or another.

Edited by redjambo

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You could be right, graygo. I just thought that the opposite was the case, with a value calculated for any season ticket admissions.

That's why the smaller clubs have always looked forwards to the bonanza of an away tie at a big club - they get a share of that club's supporters' receipts too. After the home club has extracted operating expenses of course. I hope that someone comes along to put us right one way or another.

No, I'm quite prepared to accept you're right but like I edited above, it would be crazy to include them and with today's prices and number of season tickets it would be financial suicide.

21 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Gorgie £96

Heritage £72

Strongbw £60

with ticket included for the hospitality packages.

Any idea re skyline and executive european lounge prices mate? 

It should have been ten
52 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

If you opened yours instead of blindly defending the club at every turn you might realise how much shit we are in.

Shut it you, unless you have more than one account you’re not the OP 🖕🏼

Just now, It should have been ten said:

Shut it you, unless you have more than one account you’re not the OP 🖕🏼

Ooooo touchy.

It should have been ten
Just now, Hot since 86 said:

Ooooo touchy.

Far from it. Don’t want to pay the price BOTH clubs have to agree on then don’t - simple.

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Far from it. Don’t want to pay the price BOTH clubs have to agree on then don’t - simple.

I will be there. Quite a poor and dismissive attitude towards some of your fellow fans though.

It should have been ten
Just now, Hot since 86 said:

I will be there. Quite a poor and dismissive attitude towards some of your fellow fans though.

Me too. Some fellow fans just like looking for things to moan about. 

It should have been ten
47 minutes ago, Nikoliunas said:

We've had 2 bargains in the 2 previous rounds. I'm happy enough paying £57 all in to see my team in 3 cup ties 

This

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

No, I'm quite prepared to accept you're right but like I edited above, it would be crazy to include them and with today's prices and number of season tickets it would be financial suicide.

It's also a gamble. The club has no idea how many home Scottish Cup and League Cup games they will have. However, they will still have operating expenses for those games. Also, if they end up playing teams like Gala Fairydean (no disrespect to them, for some reason they were the first to spring to mind) then there's no way that they will meet those operating expenses and the payment to the SFA from the money obtained from the opposition supporters and their own non season-ticket supporters attending the match. It's very difficult to run a club on such uncertainty, especially when trying to balance the budget. In saying that however, the actual cost that the clubs decide the tickets will be is a different kettle of fish.

Just now, graygo said:

Either way it would be crazy to include cup games. At today's prices it would cripple the club.

Ah..haa !

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

If you opened yours instead of blindly defending the club at every turn you might realise how much shit we are in.

Which will not be helped by fans turning their backs on the club. 

Dreading the ST sales next season especially if we go down. 

At least the rest of us will get the chance of a better seat. 

The club have been very fair with Cup prices outside the big games an extra tenner is not too bad imo. 

I think a lot of people will use this as an excuse for their lack of loyalty. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Which will not be helped by fans turning their backs on the club. 

Dreading the ST sales next season especially if we go down. 

At least the rest of us will get the chance of a better seat. 

The club have been very fair with Cup prices outside the big games an extra tenner is not too bad imo. 

I think a lot of people will use this as an excuse for their lack of loyalty. 

Are you saying I,m unloyal for not going.it,ll will probably be the only home game I miss this season.

EasternRossco
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The price of Scottish football is embarrassing.

Agreed. I'm glad I'm a student. Even then it's still too expensive. 

5 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Are you saying I,m unloyal for not going.it,ll will probably be the only home game I miss this season.

Yes ! 

The goings getting tough we are beginning to see who our friends are. 

Searching for things to bitch about helps no one imo. 

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yes ! 

The goings getting tough we are beginning to see who our friends are. 

Searching for things to bitch about helps no one imo. 

Hear hear.

Anyone with half a brain will know this has been driven by Rangers. They are always charged £30 + to sit in the Roseburn. Why would they agree to have cheap tickets in the Gorgie stand for Hearts fans?

Rangers charging £44 for their Braga game next week. Could probably sell it out twice!

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You expecting ticket prices to drop then?

In short, no. My comment re budge was more to do with the sanitised atmosphere at Tynecastle, the blind faith in Craig Levein etc.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Anyone with half a brain will know this has been driven by Rangers. They are always charged £30 + to sit in the Roseburn. Why would they agree to have cheap tickets in the Gorgie stand for Hearts fans?

Rangers charging £44 for their Braga game next week. Could probably sell it out twice!

Both clubs have to agree.

I thought it would be up from previous rounds but not £30.

Hey ho, etc !

Considering what we charge for walk ups it’s actually down a good bit for dearer seats so don’t understand the seethe.

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Last time I checked then chocolate buttons wasn’t a currency. Nor is Monopoly money. If we want to be 3rd team in Scotland every year then we need quality players in and they don’t come cheaply.

We now have a manager with an ethos and a style that he wants to play. Imo the players aren’t good enough to play yet he is stuck with them and is trying to make the best of a bad bunch. At least he is at training every day ‘coaching’ these players.  A total rebuild is required.  Jurgen Klopp was given time and resources to transform Liverpool from the Brenda Rogers, to world champions.  Now we have idiots calling for the managers head already. Does anyone realise what this would cost to get rid of him and his team after 4 months? Are people really so stupid? The same people calling for his head are the same ones who refuse to pay a small hike in ticket revenue. Probably take sandwiches to Tynecastle to save paying into the kiosk revenue. Budge has done amazing to bring everything back under one house and to maximise catering and hospitality. She is not a stupid woman.  

If I were her I’d be selling tickets in block release to all parts of the ground. Like a cup final scenario. Any unsold tickets would be given to the opposition like the league cup semi final, and a line of stewards and police could form a segregated area. Why should the club miss out on much needed revenue to cater for the minority of pant wetters? If you don’t like it then don’t go. Watch it on tv and sell the unsold tickets to the Hun. 

So you are happy  to  have even more Rangers fans at the game just so we can get extra money?

Hope you were not being serious 

Just now, willie wallace said:

So you are happy  to  have even more Rangers fans at the game just so we can get extra money?

Hope you were not being serious 

There will be more sevco at this than your average league game. Think that’s a reasonable prediction. I think he was being serious, with good reason.

5 minutes ago, stotty said:

Usual prices then, take it the other lounges mentioned are the only ones reduced. 

The Gorgie appears to have about half an hour taken off the start, complimentary drinks only pre-match, two courses instead of three, so it is a reduced pckage too.

No mention of a departure time after the game.  Heritage and Strongbow mention usual 1 hour after game departure.

willie wallace
Just now, Boab said:

There will be more sevco at this than your average league game. Think that’s a reasonable prediction. I think he was being serious, with good reason.

So season ticket holders could be forced to give up their regular seat to accommodate Rangers fans.

It can't always be about the money.

£30 is a bit ott but we are at home, if we were away would have cost a lot more.

Some may stay away but hopefully slack is taken up by the fair weather/ big game/ Saturday football fans.

Just now, willie wallace said:

So season ticket holders could be forced to give up their regular seat to accommodate Rangers fans.

It can't always be about the money.

With respect to AB, I think that is always the bottom line. Money.

That’s not what I was alluding to though.

They will get the Roseburn but will have many more in the stadium.

Saughton is only offering an alternative.

11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Gorgie appears to have about half an hour taken off the start, complimentary drinks only pre-match, two courses instead of three, so it is a reduced pckage too.

No mention of a departure time after the game.  Heritage and Strongbow mention usual 1 hour after game departure.

Thanks mate... Where are you getting this info? 

willie wallace
13 minutes ago, Boab said:

With respect to AB, I think that is always the bottom line. Money.

That’s not what I was alluding to though.

They will get the Roseburn but will have many more in the stadium.

Saughton is only offering an alternative.

Fair enough.I know there will be Rangers fans in the rest of the ground as there were in the league game and I understand that.

I just don't want give them a helping hand.