• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• OldGorgie

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Geoff Kilpatrick

The OP would be better directing their seethe towards FoH rather than mashing their keyboard on here. Why FoH want her to continue as CEO post takeover is bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The OP would be better directing their seethe towards FoH rather than mashing their keyboard on here. Why FoH want her to continue as CEO post takeover is bizarre.

Agreed.

John Gentleman
4 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Now is not the time (after all she has her ego boost, sorry, BBC documentary to finish), but she has to step down totally when the season finishes and the transfer of shares is complete. The board needs to go as well. Fresh start regardless if we stay up or not, the football side of things is utterly shambolic.

I think you're on to something there. Levein once said, "What Ann wants, she gets". That tells us a lot. A supine board full of accountant-types is exactly what she wanted and she got it. That's why we are, where we are.

Sadly, I'm becoming resigned to the notion that nothing will improve until this whole shitshow of top-line management is gone, along with all the hingers-oan.

The Peter Principle has truly kicked in with Budge. She's way, way out of her depth but still making all the critical decisions and there's nobody around to challenge her.

The club's an autocracy in all but name. What a glorious opportunity, squandered.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Same look at me Shite you always spout tbh.

Nowt original. 

Just    well      Shite really. 

I despise her. Many fans are waking up to her too.

Edited by i8hibsh

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Albert Kidd is more popular at Tynie than Budge.

Albert Kidd is more popular than you.

Kudos. 

Years of dedication in the face of adversity and humiliation yet you've pulled it off.

Well done Sir. 

I despair of the mentality of some of our fans, or at least the jkb ones. The only thing Budge can be criticised for is being too loyal to Levein. She eventually got rid of him and, after a long hard fight, got  the manager the vast majority of fans wanted. She backed him by getting his coaches in and backed him by getting the funds to get the goalscorer we wanted. Can someone explain what more she could have done??

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I despise her. Many fans are waking up to her too.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😃😃😃

Irrespective of the great things she has done or not done we must remember she was crucial in helping save the club. We shod not forget this. 

However if we get relegated then she really has to go. No chairman or CEO of any company, business or sports team, can surely survive a calamitous failure on this scale. 

6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You would love that wouldn't you.

Everybody who are real Hearts fans and attend games have been hurting for years,Budge has attacked her own more than any other Chairperson.

Her dinner is out.Its time to go.There is a time for everything in life and she,Levein,Macphee should realise when the time is.

I'll still be at tynecastle next year.Will she be?

Doubt it.

jesus ****!!! How old are you , that second paragraph sums you up id say

Sexton Hardcastle
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Albert Kidd is more popular at Tynie than Budge.

It’s amusing knowing who you are these days.

Utter waster of a man. Quite sad really considering your circumstances.

She has backed the team and brought in a manager most people wanted also saved the club and transformed it beyond recognition, if your looking for a scapegoat job on !

8 hours ago, sadj said:

jesus ****!!! How old are you , that second paragraph sums you up id say

As I said in an earlier post the vast majority of those who say our footballing position is down to AB are incapable of understanding the difference between a football coach and a a managing director. Either that or they are deranged. It’s easy to stand shouting beer inspired drivel criticising everything, it’s a million times harder to save a club from sequestration, revamp the infrastructure and build a brand new stand. I suspect most of her detractors would be incapable of laying two bricks in line, never mind understand how finance works.

I’m not fussed if she stays or goes if I’m honest. I can understand why people want her to stay but equally I can understand why people want her to go.

Do I think that if we go down she will stay on, no. I do believe that she will recognise that the job of Running the club is not for her and that we need to appoint a bloody good CEO. 

She is culpable for the position the club are in at the moment. At any other club CL would have been removed at the end of last season. The cup final clouded a lot of people’s judgement but the truth is that if we’d had an average start to last season we would have been in the bottom 6 and potentially fighting relegation. If you look at the QF draw thread, there are a lot of people going on about the draw Hibs have had this season yet 12 months ago the same people were not complaining at us getting the lowest ranked team in the draw. It’s the only reason we got to Hampden but even then we struggled to get past Patrick. At any other club removing a manager would have meant he was out of the building and on gardening leave to the end of his contract or paid off and out the door, instead CL is still in the building. I do believe the story about when we interviewed Jack Ross and him walking out when found out CL was still in the building. By her own admission she is not a football person and she made a huge error giving CL so much power at the club and not having someone to question his reasons for extending contracts or for some of the deals we gave out. 

We can question the new stand, it’s style, structure and it’s cost. The fact that it’s not finished is quite frankly unacceptable. 

Let’s be honest here, we need someone like Dempster overseeing what is going on and acting as the person who questions what the manager wants.

Has she tried to fix it, yes. DS was one of the 2 candidates I was very keen on having watched Barnsley under him. The other one was Nathan Jones. Has she backed him enough, well there’s a question that we will only know the answer to at the end of the season. January is not a good time to recruit and we have brought in some players, but was he wanting more, should we have pushed to boat out to back him and pay for another couple of players that would have helped. 

All I will say is that if we go down, she is going to have to be prepared to take some serious flak for what has happened. At the end of the day as chairwoman she is accountable for appointing the footballing side of the business. She has allowed it to waste huge amounts of money. For a club our size we have a good turnover and are keeping costs under control but there has been no questioning by her over what has gone on there. That’s where her biggest error has come and it’s where people do have the right to question her and hold her accountable. That’s where it should stop. The personal stuff is out of order

Brauhauser2012
16 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Sensible post but the hard of thinking posters will struggle with concepts such as loyalty, fairness and reality.

The reality is without money we're ****ed. Just as well some on here don't make the financial decisions. What ever happens we are going to be using those new revenue streams to dig our way out of this hole.

Central Belt 1874
11 hours ago, XB52 said:

I despair of the mentality of some of our fans, or at least the jkb ones. The only thing Budge can be criticised for is being too loyal to Levein. She eventually got rid of him and, after a long hard fight, got  the manager the vast majority of fans wanted. She backed him by getting his coaches in and backed him by getting the funds to get the goalscorer we wanted. Can someone explain what more she could have done??

She could/should have done all this in the immediate aftermath of Robbie Neilson leaving us for MK Don's. 

But she didn't.

And every single footballing decision from her has been a car crash since. 

I despair at the mentality of fans who accept failure. 

We are bottom. In February, and cant beat the 2nd worst team at home. Wake up FFS. 

16 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We're in a relegation dogfight FFS. Who cares who's running the club. It won't make a blind bit of difference until we know where we are next year. Although, I hope Budge stays either way. There's not exactly a huge pool of football club CEOs and owners just hanging around waiting for us to call them.

Your 2nd sentence is just ludicrous. The person currently running the club commissioned a capital project that has been a financial disaster and is still unfinished. Compounded by a blind refusal to see what was happening for most of last season and  further by appointing the person responsible for the mess because she couldn't atract a new manager.  Now I don't know how many suitable CEOs are kicking about but if the fans don't want more than is curently being delivered then there won't be much improvement any time soon. The last 3 years have been a farce.

18 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

She could/should have done all this in the immediate aftermath of Robbie Neilson leaving us for MK Don's. 

But she didn't.

And every single footballing decision from her has been a car crash since. 

I despair at the mentality of fans who accept failure. 

We are bottom. In February, and cant beat the 2nd worst team at home. Wake up FFS. 

All is well in the land of the deluded happy clappers.

They suffer from the same disease as Budge , a ludicrous belief that with a lot of patience everything will magically fall into place because we are a well funded big club , and they talk about entitlement !. Oh the irony.

Make effective and decisive decisions quickly ?

No need when we can repeat same mistakes as nauseam.

She believes all the Queen Anne hype and it would appear is surrounded by brown noses at all levels.

11 hours ago, XB52 said:

I’ll be honest and say I didn’t know who DS was and had never heard of him prior to him coming to us.

My personal choice was Ross but that, sadly, was not happening for us.

AB’s involvement in this would have involved a great deal of advice as there is no way she done it alone. I think we can all say that without sounding too disparaging !

To be fair, she done all that was asked. Only problem is, it was 6 months too late.

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

As I said in an earlier post the vast majority of those who say our footballing position is down to AB are incapable of understanding the difference between a football coach and a a managing director. Either that or they are deranged. It’s easy to stand shouting beer inspired drivel criticising everything, it’s a million times harder to save a club from sequestration, revamp the infrastructure and build a brand new stand. I suspect most of her detractors would be incapable of laying two bricks in line, never mind understand how finance works.

I would say the majority of fans who want her out are our loyalist fans. They can't forgive her for stopping them singing their mini hun crap

Edited by XB52

She helped saved us and turned us back into a credible business. Its annoying she put all of her trust into one man which has cost us dearly and probably is what she will be remembered by. 

I wouldnt say i'll be glad to see the back of her but she certainly needs to go. 

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I would say the majority of fans who want her out are our loyalist fans. They can't forgive her for stopping them singing their mini hun crap

You're mad.

28 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

All is well in the land of the deluded happy clappers.

They suffer from the same disease as Budge , a ludicrous belief that with a lot of patience everything will magically fall into place because we are a well funded big club , and they talk about entitlement !. Oh the irony.

Make effective and decisive decisions quickly ?

No need when we can repeat same mistakes as nauseam.

She believes all the Queen Anne hype and it would appear is surrounded by brown noses at all levels.

Don’t worry mate, it’s just our money getting pissed up the wall

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What a bizarre opinion. 

...a bit disco

The levels of impotence on this thread are really quite staggering.

The Mercer Takeover

On balance, I think the end of the season has to be the end of her tenure, no matter what league we are in. To be honest, her staying in position after any relegation is simply unthinkable and I'm sure she knows this. I wouldn't like to rock the board too much though, as some of our benefactors have been nothing short of brilliant.

She clearly saved this club and the new stand is there for all to see. Her legacy off the pitch is secure. I would also say that funding has always been available for managers to bring players in.

What she has fundamentally missed however, is that she is responsible for our entire club, including the football side, no matter who she delegates work to.

This shambles has been coming on since she let Levein have a free-hand with his vanity projects, Cathro simply should not have happened. This demise has been coming since then, so it is nothing new.

As a manager, Levein should have been sacked in the spot after the 5-0 defeat at Livi least season. At that point mediocrity became acceptable and she essentially stuck two fingers up the the support by accepting excuses.

Too many supporters now complain about overpriced tickets, bearing in mind how much supporters also help contribute and we are being pushed in a direction which doesn't always feel like a football club sometimes.

Stendel clearly wanted to bring players in during the window but the budget was probably blown by Boyce, who was an excellent capture. The rest were just punts.

As someone who has two daughters, I am fully supportive of women's football. Where I draw the line however, is that it must be sustainable and live off its own earnings. If our football club gets relegated and we have siphoned off some 6 figure sum from the men's team to support political correctness (during this crisis), it will become a target a along with Budge. That kind of money is the difference between a real quality player and some of the dross that has been brought in. Imagine we get relegated and then fail to come up again, while subsiding our women's team. That could get really ugly.

Hopefully we can still survive this season but we need to stay supportive of Stendel during this crisis.

I think it’s clear that she should both be away at the end of the season if not before. 

You would hope Levein will be away as well following the end of his contract but I wouldn’t be surprised if they concocted a way to keep him on the payroll. The fact he’s still taking a wage at the moment demonstrates how little he cares for Hearts. 

Her inability to get rid of him when it was abundantly clear it wasn’t working had put us here. To get relegated with the best platform in our history is a disgrace and she’s culpable. 

She’s shown continually a complete contempt for the fans by allowing our money to be spunked up the wall on her and Levein’s vanity project. Not to mention lining her brothers pockets via the new stand (structured tender process anyone...). 

It’s a shame that her reign will be remembered as a shambles and in some ways I sympathise as she is someone that has admitted she knows nothing about football. That being said, I think her lack of action re CL goes way beyond lack of football knowledge and into being stubborn/deluded.

She could have fronted the money and got it back in full while appointing a competent CEO to run things. Ultimately it leaves a very bad taste for the 8,000 of us that chuck in money every month for her and the board to blow it through sheer incompetence. 

Let’s hope we somehow manage to survive this season and we can rebuild from there with new people in charge at the top. 

46 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

On balance, I think the end of the season has to be the end of her tenure, no matter what league we are in. To be honest, her staying in position after any relegation is simply unthinkable and I'm sure she knows this. I wouldn't like to rock the board too much though, as some of our benefactors have been nothing short of brilliant.

She clearly saved this club and the new stand is there for all to see. Her legacy off the pitch is secure. I would also say that funding has always been available for managers to bring players in.

What she has fundamentally missed however, is that she is responsible for our entire club, including the football side, no matter who she delegates work to.

This shambles has been coming on since she let Levein have a free-hand with his vanity projects, Cathro simply should not have happened. This demise has been coming since then, so it is nothing new.

As a manager, Levein should have been sacked in the spot after the 5-0 defeat at Livi least season. At that point mediocrity became acceptable and she essentially stuck two fingers up the the support by accepting excuses.

Too many supporters now complain about overpriced tickets, bearing in mind how much supporters also help contribute and we are being pushed in a direction which doesn't always feel like a football club sometimes.

Stendel clearly wanted to bring players in during the window but the budget was probably blown by Boyce, who was an excellent capture. The rest were just punts.

As someone who has two daughters, I am fully supportive of women's football. Where I draw the line however, is that it must be sustainable and live off its own earnings. If our football club gets relegated and we have siphoned off some 6 figure sum from the men's team to support political correctness (during this crisis), it will become a target a along with Budge. That kind of money is the difference between a real quality player and some of the dross that has been brought in. Imagine we get relegated and then fail to come up again, while subsiding our women's team. That could get really ugly.

Hopefully we can still survive this season but we need to stay supportive of Stendel during this crisis.

Good post overall, but I would contend that CL should have been fired after the first 6th place finish.

6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

On balance, I think the majority of AB otters are either from “ the up to their knees lot” or deranged, or probably both. 

That’s absolute nonsense.

We’re bottom of the league and likely to get relegated while 8,000 of us give money to the club each month on top of ST’s, etc. If that’s not grounds for being unhappy with the leadership of the club I don’t know what is. 

3 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

We’re bottom of the league and likely to get relegated while 8,000 of us give money to the club each month on top of ST’s, etc. If that’s not grounds for being unhappy with the leadership of the club I don’t know what is. 

AB doesn’t coach or manage the team. Without her input there would be no FOH to put money into. I have contributed to the club since FOH began but I don’t claim that gives me the right to sack the person who saved the club. Maybe I would if I switched to drinking cheap cider.

Brauhauser2012
26 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I think it’s clear that she should both be away at the end of the season if not before. 

You would hope Levein will be away as well following the end of his contract but I wouldn’t be surprised if they concocted a way to keep him on the payroll. The fact he’s still taking a wage at the moment demonstrates how little he cares for Hearts. 

Her inability to get rid of him when it was abundantly clear it wasn’t working had put us here. To get relegated with the best platform in our history is a disgrace and she’s culpable. 

She’s shown continually a complete contempt for the fans by allowing our money to be spunked up the wall on her and Levein’s vanity project. Not to mention lining her brothers pockets via the new stand (structured tender process anyone...). 

It’s a shame that her reign will be remembered as a shambles and in some ways I sympathise as she is someone that has admitted she knows nothing about football. That being said, I think her lack of action re CL goes way beyond lack of football knowledge and into being stubborn/deluded.

She could have fronted the money and got it back in full while appointing a competent CEO to run things. Ultimately it leaves a very bad taste for the 8,000 of us that chuck in money every month for her and the board to blow it through sheer incompetence. 

Let’s hope we somehow manage to survive this season and we can rebuild from there with new people in charge at the top. 

Before we start undermining Women's football in a quest for more cash,  surely our first act would be to focus on sponsorship? 

While I like the Save The Children campaign on a moral and ethical basis I think it stands out financially as an area where we can easily generate more income. I mean what other club has a shirt other than us? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32143790 there has to be an economic case. If we are earning more this way fair enough.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

AB doesn’t coach or manage the team. Without her input there would be no FOH to put money into. I have contributed to the club since FOH began but I don’t claim that gives me the right to sack the person who saved the club. Maybe I would if I switched to drinking cheap cider.

She doesn’t pick the team or coach the players but she is the head of the organisation to whom the Director of Football/Manager report into. Her failure to correctly manage “the football department” and Craig Levein is the reason we’re in this mess. 

I don’t claim that my modest contribution gives me the right to sack the manager, but there needs to be an accountability there. Levein should have been away long before he was and everyone could see it. It’s our money and they’ve blown it on a squad that will see us in the championship. 

I feel for Budge as it’s clear that she’s out of her depth and I in no way condone some of the abuse she’s had but the buck stops with her. 

18 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

On balance, I think the majority of AB otters are either from “ the up to their knees lot” or deranged, or probably both. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Wow what sweeping generalisations.

What I am is a realist and recognise that she has made mistakes which could potentially cost us our place in the SPL. Her misplaced loyalty to CL when it was clear last season that he wasn’t the person to take its forward was blindingly obvious. His ability to get us to a cup final against the weakest team in the draw (Talbot, Patrick, ICT) clouded a lot of people’s judgement. 

I have no opinion on whether she stays or goes. She has made mistakes which she dealt with far too late, blinded by her loyalty and faith in one man who had shown nothing to show he deserved it and if we don’t stay up, she has no automatic entitlement to stay as chairperson. She will have had her capital returned. Maybe staying as a figurehead but appointment of a CEO is an option. Football is not about sentiment and as AB will no longer be the majority shareholder, questions would need to be asked about her ability to run the footballing side of the club

14 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Irrespective of the great things she has done or not done we must remember she was crucial in helping save the club. We shod not forget this. 

However if we get relegated then she really has to go. No chairman or CEO of any company, business or sports team, can surely survive a calamitous failure on this scale. 

Humour me, can you tell me any other relegated Scottish premier team that has got rid of their chairman or CEO?

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Humour me, can you tell me any other relegated Scottish premier team that has got rid of their chairman or CEO?

Humour me, How many other Chairman are not also owners of the club????

Edited by merseyjambo

Twenty four years of posting on kickback and this is without doubt the worse thread I've read in that time. To think some posters are claiming to be fellow Hearts supporters. Thank someone I was educated at a time when you had to pay attention at school.

49 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

:spoton: 

39 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Another one who hasn't got a clue where the FoH contributions have been going.

The 2013 relegation had a reason.  Vlad, No money, Admin and points deduction.

2019 has no excuse.  Just poor chairmanship and even worse management.

Getting players in during January is difficult.  It should have been sorted immediately after the cup final.

Hey-ho, there you go.

49 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Absolute rubbish. You are deluded

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Humour me, How many other Chairman are not also owners of the club????

I've no interest or idea.

Still waiting for an answer to my question 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

I would say the majority of fans who want her out are our loyalist fans. They can't forgive her for stopping them singing their mini hun crap.

Spot on.

1 minute ago, Disco Dave said:

Spot on.

Nothing to do with staring relegation in the face then no?  Just because of the party songs being stopped? Ridiculous generalisation. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Another one who hasn't got a clue where the FoH contributions have been going.

You have quoted me so I assume you can read that I posted “give money to the club” not sure what was incorrect about that? 

We’re bottom of the league with the 4th biggest budget. If folk think that’s acceptable and the people running the club aren’t accountable for that then good luck to them. 

3 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

We’re bottom of the league with the 4th biggest budget. If folk think that’s acceptable and the people running the club aren’t accountable for that then good luck to them. 

Its not about that mate. Anyone who isn’t happy is a mini hun ken likes. 

6 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

You have quoted me so I assume you can read that I posted “give money to the club” not sure what was incorrect about that? 

You said 8,000 giving money to the club. Now you can claim you weren't talking about FoH donations if you like, we all know that is shite though.