""IF"" we go down don't blame Stendel.....

Section Q

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Tbf, for about the last two years we have pretty much always given up after going behind. I'm hoping after last night, folk might start staying.

I was very close to leaving after the third went in but decided to stay and don't regret it.

Whilst we got beat, it was a decent game. Very close to snatching a draw after going three down is mental.

Good on you, I know its difficult if the teams not playing great, but as you say we were pretty decent and if we can get a strong spine in the team we can kick on.

As highlighted on many threads a goalkeeper is essential.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• McCrae

• Vlad Magic

5 hours ago, AndyNic said:

If we go down then Stendel will have been a complete failure.

He will have had roughly 20 games in charge by the end of the season.      Few managers in the modern game get this long, with really bad/indifferent results.

So we were not bottom when he joined, he has been able to sign players in the recent window and we are now bottom

I don't see that as a success or an improvement and too many posters jumped on the bandwagon telling us he was great, he'll make all the difference, we'll stay up no bother etc etc

If we go down he is equally to blame with his failure to improve the side enough when he had the means and time to do so..no one else to blame for that.

He also has to recognise his tactical failures as well and make changes

Having said that it should be recognised that we are playing better football, we are more dangerous up front and there does not seem to be a lack of effort from the players

It should also be mentioned that we are talking just 2 months since his arrival and one thing I would like a new manager to get is some time but it's not like the old days and people are more critical far more quickly

I want to see more than signs of improvement, I want to see points on the board, top league status achieved and cup progress.

Give me that this season and I will be satisfied but none of this don't blame him nonsense.

I think we will survive but no rose tinted glasses please..if he gets it wrong then he gets it wrong.

Nicholas Brody
17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So we were not bottom when he joined, he has been able to sign players in the recent window and we are now bottom

I don't see that as a success or an improvement and too many posters jumped on the bandwagon telling us he was great, he'll make all the difference, we'll stay up no bother etc etc

We were joint bottom when he joined ffs :rofl:

Edited by Nicholas Brody

5 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

We were joint bottom when he joined ffs :rofl:

I shall remind you of this if we are 'joint bottom' at the seasons end but are actually bottom and go down

You it seems consider them the same when in the real world we'd go down

Still that's okay and you can put another silly smiley up to make you feel better

He Who Cannot Be Named

The continues selection of Periera, Moore and Henderson will see us relegated for sure. Why he does this I just cant get my head around, Donis Avdijaj must be absolutely livid.  

Rangers at home, Saints away, Killie at home. I’d have settled for 4 points if offered before the Rangers game. Not too perturbed at this time 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot

Nah. 

If we go down I won't completely blame him but he will shoulder a good part of the blame. 

He's got a relatively fit squad, as In no long term Injuries. 

Brought in 4 players. 

We weren't bottom when he taken over. 

Also, if we win the sc and/or stay up he'll get most of the credit. 

If folks hatred of cl stops them from turning like they did on Robbie, cathro and CL and buys Stendel more time tho, that's a good thing. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

HardcoreJambo
5 hours ago, LeylandJambo said:

I honestly believe we're getting relegated this season. 

This sadly. This is one of the worst Hearts side I've ever seen.

In 2013/2014 Hearts were relegated with the following record after 38 games:

W 10

D 8

L 20

F 45

A 65

Currently after 25 games, it is:

W 3

D 9

L 13

F 25

A 42

Hearts are going down, unless other teams trip up.

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Our squad is poor but I don’t believe it is worse than that  St. Mirren/Hamilton/Ross C and arguably a few others. We go down, he like the previous incumbent, will have massively underachieved.

Yip, I still think Stendel will turn things around and we will avoid relegation.  

If we don't, he has to accept what is written above as true and he has failed. 

Need to get above Accies at any cost.  I am confident that Hearts will win the play-offs whoever against. 

Nothing has been as good as it should have been.  Pitch, website, communications, team, coaching.  So bitterly disappointing.

Heartbreaking to hear Stendel saying he inherited a shambles in terms of training and coaching.  Astounding that the head coach who created that shambles is still with us.

The buck stops with the chair/CEO.

Astonishing that our sole objective for the remainder of the season is to avoid the drop.  Livingston were clearly better than us when they beat us 5-0. They're still miles better than us.

Livingston.

Of course he takes a share of the blame. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. He's got 2 games to go against both Hamilton & St Mirren and we're sat only 4 points behind 10th. He's been backed in the window with cash, he's brought in several players and inherited a squad with multiple internationals in it, and almost all of them are fit. No one is exempt from the blame if we suffer the ultimate humiliation.

5 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

This sadly. This is one of the worst Hearts side I've ever seen.

I think we'll escape JUST. But i'm sure on the match thread last night someone said words to the effect of ' i think Top 6 is maybe out of reach'! Delusional stuff that any of our fans think it didn't disappear weeks ago.

When i read that i thought that the Govt must have finally legalised cannabis 

Nicholas Brody
18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I shall remind you of this if we are 'joint bottom' at the seasons end but are actually bottom and go down

You it seems consider them the same when in the real world we'd go down

Still that's okay and you can put another silly smiley up to make you feel better

We're talking about when Stendel joined not season's end. Quite a big difference.

The whole, we weren't bottom when he joined and we are now is so disingenuous. We were bottom before Stendel joined and only moved off the bottom on goal difference. You happen to be making it out as if Stendel has dragged us down, but you know that.

He will be partly to blame if we go down. I know it was a mess he inherited but if we continue to ship goals in his style of play then it has had an effect. 

Need continuity. DS inherited a broken football club and needs time to fix it, regardless of what league we are in.

He has my full backing.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Need continuity. DS inherited a broken football club and needs time to fix it, regardless of what league we are in.

He has my full backing.

Do note that giving Daniel one's full backing and stating that he will share the blame if we get relegated are not mutually exclusive.

17 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Of course he takes a share of the blame. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. He's got 2 games to go against both Hamilton & St Mirren and we're sat only 4 points behind 10th. He's been backed in the window with cash, he's brought in several players and inherited a squad with multiple internationals in it, and almost all of them are fit. No one is exempt from the blame if we suffer the ultimate humiliation.

The task is not insurmountable.  Beat Hamilton, Midden and County and then beat them again.  I assume Saints and Killie are out of our league.  What a state. 

Edited by Tasavallan

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Do note that giving Daniel one's full backing and stating that he will share the blame if we get relegated are not mutually exclusive.

Very true. He certainly won't be blameless.

If we go down I'll be raging.

Stendal has inherited a team struggling but he has only won one game against Rangers.

He has time to turn it round and save us the embarrassment of going down but we need to stop being so week at the back.

Send Perrera back.

Could care less if he is good with his feet he is pish with his hands.

Moore couldn't get a game with Falkirk but we think he is good enough for a relegation fight 😞

So pissed off after last nights game but hopefully beat Falkirk and then put Celtic to the sword.

Never a dull moment being a Jambo 👍🤗

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

IF we were to be relegated a lot of people will have played a part in it. DS will be one of those. 

You can’t be manager for 6 months of season and get a free pass on what happens on that season. We get relegated, I struggle to see a scenario where I would want him to remain. If he couldn’t keep us up I doubt he would be able to bring us up. 

Our squad is poor but I don’t believe it is worse than that  St. Mirren/Hamilton/Ross C and arguably a few others. We go down, he like the previous incumbent, will have massively underachieved.

A poster on other thread mentioned we have cultivated a culture of failure by becoming so accepting of it. I agree very much with this. From the top we have not demanded the best and  continually accepted and even praise  underperformance. To be successful you can’t take that approach. 

AB will have ultimate responsibility in reality. She’s ultimately responsible for everything at the club.  It will be a direct consequence of her decision making.

Thats not a dog at AB just an observation 

Absolutely spot on. 

Anyone who says Stendel is not in some way responsible for us getting relegated if it happens is continuing the problem of us accepting failure. 

If we get relegated, and I am 40:60 we will now, he will be an utter failure and an unqualified disaster, irrespective of the sheer craziness and ineptitude that went before. 

For me the honeymoon period ended last night. He’s been here almost two months. Had a transfer window. 

I couldn’t care less what happened before he came in. I couldn’t care less about the injuries. Stendel’s had a window, he’s had two months to work with the players. It is time to deliver and show us we were right to be optimistic and get behind him when he came in. 

He’s got his ultra experienced assistant in from Germany,  who, and this is really quite funny, you’ll like this one, was a very good goalkeeper and has been a goal keeping coach for years. Pick Pareira again and these guys have not got a clue. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

In 2013/2014 Hearts were relegated with the following record after 38 games:

W 10

D 8

L 20

F 45

A 65

Currently after 25 games, it is:

W 3

D 9

L 13

F 25

A 42

Hearts are going down, unless other teams trip up.

We went down because we had a 15 point penalty from the 38 points earned on the park. Hibs finished on 35. Moreover there was only one team (Celtic) winning lots of points off other teams that year, not two as this season. That year ended with six teams very tightly bunched on 35 to 40 points (disregarding our points penalty). I think the survival threshold will be a bit lower this year. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
6 hours ago, Martin_T said:

As much as I was an advocate for appointing Stendel. Any manager who has 20 games with the squad we have and ends up getting relegated should be deservedly sacked.

This IS ALL YOUR FAULT YA BASSA.

Jokes-stendels appointment had absolutely nothing to do with the random opinion of some punter on JKb. Therefore you’ve got nothing to be guilty about if we do get relegated and nothing to showboat  about if we are a success understand him.

The jury is out on him though for sure. He plays entertaining football but he’s a madman and doesn’t care about defence or doesn’t even seem to think about the GK that much otherwise we would have signed one that isn’t shite already.

highlandjambo3
18 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

For me the honeymoon period ended last night. He’s been here almost two months. Had a transfer window. 

I couldn’t care less what happened before he came in. I couldn’t care less about the injuries. Stendel’s had a window, he’s had two months to work with the players. It is time to deliver and show us we were right to be optimistic and get behind him when he came in. 

He’s got his ultra experienced assistant in from Germany,  who, and this is really quite funny, you’ll like this one, was a very good goalkeeper and has been a goal keeping coach for years. Pick Pareira again and these guys have not got a clue. 

I don’t think we will see Pariera again, DS did not want to single him out, we win & loose as a team and all that but, I think his gloves are out to dry.

MarkDevriesScores4

Giving a manager 2 and a half months and one winter window is nowhere near enough time to judge his capabilities. 

xmas will be the time to see where he has us and judgement can be FAIRLY passed. He inherited a crocked squad of unfit losers with zero drive and less confidence. He’s not a magician ffs. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, AndyNic said:

If we go down then Stendel will have been a complete failure.

He wont survive relegation i imagine. Seen nothing to suggest so far that we are going to massivley improve our pts per game average and the 

table continues to accurately reflect our performances.

Another game/opportunity to get out of it passes us by and 

We were fortunate to leave Perth with anything.

He needs to decide if he can do as he wants AND convert current playing staff.  Im starting to wonder if we need to grind and go again in summer window.

The bairns last night in midfield failed miserably, and i dont blame them fir that.

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

IF we were to be relegated a lot of people will have played a part in it. DS will be one of those. 

You can’t be manager for 6 months of season and get a free pass on what happens on that season. We get relegated, I struggle to see a scenario where I would want him to remain. If he couldn’t keep us up I doubt he would be able to bring us up. 

A poster on other thread mentioned we have cultivated a culture of failure by becoming so accepting of it. I agree very much with this. From the top we have not demanded the best and  continually accepted and even praise  underperformance. To be successful you can’t take that approach. 

AB will have ultimate responsibility in reality. She’s ultimately responsible for everything at the club.  It will be a direct consequence of her decision making.

Thats not a dog at AB just an observation 

Agreed. Some of the averagely average performances recently have received plaudits way above what was deserved. I have found myself thinking along same lines. Then i checked myself, looked at what had actually been done by those individuals, during any given match, and realised, meh!

I have been dumbed down to thinking anything better than mediocrity is excellence.

Thats why we are bottom and getting pumped dry by all. 

We are out of time for any more pretence.

Boyce will be  a great signing. Naismith still has it. Sibbick looks useful. Might not be enough.

No more excuses, Levein used them all up...

We have the 4th highest wage bill and allegedly a squad that’s too good to be relegated. 
Stendal signed a goal scorer - 2 if the Albanian lad is anything as good as his talk. 
So far, other than against Rangers, no other results that are good enough. 
He needs to deliver and no more excuses or apologies please. 
We/he doesn’t have any more time to get it right !

Just now, jambomjm74 said:

No more excuses, Levein used them all up...

We have the 4th highest wage bill and allegedly a squad that’s too good to be relegated. 
Stendal signed a goal scorer - 2 if the Albanian lad is anything as good as his talk. 
So far, other than against Rangers, no other results that are good enough. 
He needs to deliver and no more excuses or apologies please. 
We/he doesn’t have any more time to get it right !

A draw with ten men against Aberdeen was good enough as was the 5-0 win against airdrie. 

I honestly was hit very very hard with a dose of reality after last night's performance. 

We are very piss poor in midfield. You cannot play laddies that are inexperienced in a relegation dogfight. 

Next Saturday is our biggest game in years. 

Just now, Restonbabe said:

I honestly was hit very very hard with a dose of reality after last night's performance. 

We are very piss poor in midfield. You cannot play laddies that are inexperienced in a relegation dogfight. 

Next Saturday is our biggest game in years. 

I’d keep Irving in for his quality, of which we have very little of in that area. As soon as he’s fit, get Smith in beside him. Get Washington and Walker in for more experience and see if they can bring what we need. 

That gives Irving more older heads around him. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d keep Irving in for his quality, of which we have very little of in that area. As soon as he’s fit, get Smith in beside him. Get Washington and Walker in for more experience and see if they can bring what we need. 

That gives Irving more older heads around him. 

That's not a bad shout. Sibbick and langer should bolster competition along with the laddies. 

However we badly lack movement and positioning throughout the whole squad

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Giving a manager 2 and a half months and one winter window is nowhere near enough time to judge his capabilities. 

xmas will be the time to see where he has us and judgement can be FAIRLY passed. He inherited a crocked squad of unfit losers with zero drive and less confidence. He’s not a magician ffs. 

It’s a very difficult situation really.  We are all sitting, waiting on the turnaround. 

We are all shouting now for the defence to be sorted but I don’t see him swaying from what he’s setting us up with.  He’ll now be wracking his brains wondering if he should rein it in a bit but then in the same thoughts he’ll be thinking if he changes now it may get even worse. 

It’s all out Hearts, I think, until the end.  

Of course he will take some of the blame, he HAS to get us away from relegation, anything else would be an embarrassment.

I wonder how budge will be remembered if we were relegated?  Back down where she picked us up from after spunking millions and millions on shite. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re right. His job is to keep us up. He knew that when he took the job on. 

I’m not even sure how this is up for debate.  With that squad, including the return of our injured players and his signings it would be a huge failing on his part if we got relegated. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

A draw with ten men against Aberdeen was good enough as was the 5-0 win against airdrie. 

His gig, his team. 
Is he a winner or a looser - over for to him prove that. 
The fans are backing the team, but last nights watch wasn’t acceptable, neither was the 2nd half vs Saint Johnstone. 
The give him time stuff is just garbage, you don’t get time in football, so far his record hasn’t been good enough.

Just now, jambomjm74 said:

His gig, his team. 
The fans are backing the team, but last nights watch wasn’t acceptable, neither was the 2nd half vs Saint Johnstone. 
The give him time stuff is just garbage, you don’t get time in football, so far his record hasn’t been good enough.

All I said was 3 results were acceptable not 1 as you suggested. 

Toxteth O'Grady
8 hours ago, Martin_T said:

As much as I was an advocate for appointing Stendel. Any manager who has 20 games with the squad we have and ends up getting relegated should be deservedly sacked.

I’ll blame you. None of us had heard of him until your thread 😂

3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

His gig, his team. 

Yes but Davy implies we should give our managers 3 years because CL got 3 years.

He'll have to shoulder a fair amount of the blame if we go down.

I don't think we will though, I think he'll turn it around. It's a huge job on his hands given what he walked into.

He has made a rod for his own back a bit by not getting a keeper and defenders in the transfer window.