""IF"" we go down don't blame Stendel.....

Section Q

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

If we go down then Stendel will have been a complete failure.

Indeed he will, our squad is not the worst in the league, no chance. He'll have had more than half a season and a transfer window to turn things around.

I don't think we'll go down though.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• McCrae

• Vlad Magic

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sadly, this.

This is a difficult thing for me to write, because (i) I don't want to come over as saying "I told you so", and (ii) I'm still hoping that Daniel will save the day, but I was one of the ones who thinks/thought that appointing Daniel mid-season and bottom of the table was not the right action to take. I wanted Stephen Robinson in. Daniel is, similarly to Cathro in a way, a "conceptual" manager, not the gritty SFPL-experienced workhorse we needed to get ourselves out of the mire. He's a risky appointment because he organises his football in a way that, if it works, can produce excellent rewards, but which needs (i) the correct players to implement his plans, (ii) enough time to train the players in his techniques so that they are living and breathing them. We had neither.

Daniel would have been a great pre-season and pre-summer transfer period appointment for a team which already had a good enough playing staff to implement his vision and, importantly, talented enough to revert to Plan B if that vision was taking a while to take hold. Daniel should have known under which circumstances his vision would work and should have only taken the gig if he was sure that he had a good chance of success, including having carried out a solid analysis of the players who would be at his disposal and being exactly aware of who he was going to buy in the winter transfer season to plug any gaps.

So, if we go down, everyone is to blame.

But, here's hoping we won't, so that I can eat a huge piece of humble pie at the end of it. I'll happily have my knife and fork ready.

We are remarkably aligned. 

Survive get the results,  concept can then be implemented. 

Hari kari stuff is going to get us relegated,  confidence shattered last night again. Arguments all over the place,  simply because people don't know what they are being asked to do and worse still actually being capable of it.

Rangers a false dawn 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Deary me? So if we're relegated then he'll have been a success then? 

Won 1 League game in 9.

But we've got a nice wee song and we score goals again 

38 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Of course Levein has to take the bulk of the blame but I find all this talk of a free pass for Stendel weird. If we go down he will have had half a season and a transfer window to score a couple more points than Hamilton and St Mirren and not done so. He can't possibly be absolved of all responsibility. 

There is no doubt CL must accept a fair degree of culpability but DS should not be exempt either.  We can however cut him a bit of slack as it's early days.

That said he is playing a system for which it is clear he doesn't have the players.  Souttar and Halkett are too slow to guard the back door when our moves break down and despite what many say Clare will never be any use in defence with the heart of a mouse.  In fact I'm not sure he is really all that valuable in any position.  Also I did not manage to see what Langer did that suggested he was any better than we already have, even if it was just his first game.  These are words I would love to eat.

The 2 CDs need to be covered from behind by a sweeper or protected in front by a strong defensive MF.  My preference would be to play Dikamona and Souttar at the heart of the defence with Halkett in front as DM.  Maybe then our keepers would be a little more relaxed and less prone to errors while Halkett's lack of pace is less likely to be exposed.  It may not be perfect but must be better than at present.

Watching last night I shuddered to think what might happen next Wednesday against Griffiths and Edouard if we continue with these defensive failings.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sadly, this.

This is a difficult thing for me to write, because (i) I don't want to come over as saying "I told you so", and (ii) I'm still hoping that Daniel will save the day, but I was one of the ones who thinks/thought that appointing Daniel mid-season and bottom of the table was not the right action to take. I wanted Stephen Robinson in. Daniel is, similarly to Cathro in a way, a "conceptual" manager, not the gritty SFPL-experienced workhorse we needed to get ourselves out of the mire. He's a risky appointment because he organises his football in a way that, if it works, can produce excellent rewards, but which needs (i) the correct players to implement his plans, (ii) enough time to train the players in his techniques so that they are living and breathing them. We had neither.

Daniel would have been a great pre-season and pre-summer transfer period appointment for a team which already had a good enough playing staff to implement his vision and, importantly, talented enough to revert to Plan B if that vision was taking a while to take hold. Daniel should have known under which circumstances his vision would work and should have only taken the gig if he was sure that he had a good chance of success, including having carried out a solid analysis of the players who would be at his disposal and being exactly aware of who he was going to buy in the winter transfer season to plug any gaps.

But, here's hoping we won't, so that I can eat a huge piece of humble pie at the end of it. I'll happily have my knife and fork ready.

With a heavy heart I agree.  I’m still at a loss to understand what outstanding attributes he has that qualified him for the job (vs others with more experience who have delivered results).

So far he has not demonstrated that he possesses the necessary football acumen or experience to manage a club the size of Hearts in a competitive National league top division.
Let’s hope everything ‘clicks’ and success prevails. If / when it does he will rightly be deemed a miracle worker and achieve legendary status!

As much as I was an advocate for appointing Stendel. Any manager who has 20 games with the squad we have and ends up getting relegated should be deservedly sacked.

What if we win the cup, who gets credit for that? 

I'm being facetious, but the point stands.

If we go down, he has to shoulder some of the blame. However, the bulk of the blame lies firmly at the door of Levein and Budge for not changing after last season's cup final. DS has had a transfer window, but prep for that starts well before December or January, he didnt have that time. If we stay up and he has the summer window and pre season then we start off horrendously, questions will be asked. 

Fully back him. Tweaks need to be made, but I do think we will get out of this! 

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

As much as I was an advocate for appointing Stendel. Any manager who has 20 games with the squad we have and ends up getting relegated should be deservedly sacked.

Absolutely.  Anyone who wants to retain him isn’t thinking straight as relegation would prove without any doubt he isn’t any more capable than Levein. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Won 1 League game in 9.

But we've got a nice wee song and we score goals

Aye. Feels a bit like we've locked ourselves in the bar on the Titanic and we're trying to persuade each other that there's still plenty of room in the lifeboats...

45 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one knows how we will perform between now and May so Stendel will have some level of cupability. It's just an undetermined scale.

It all depends on where Hearts sit when the league is split.  Trouble is that currently we are having difficulties getting points from the teams around us in the relegation pit.  Personally, I can see Hearts moving off the bottom and going above Hamilton BUT staying in the play-off zone.   ICT, Ayr or Pars?  Would hate it if relegated by Robbo.

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Won 1 League game in 9.

I agree with this. Even as an advocate for appointing Stendel, it's true to say that any manager is ultimately judged on results. Results so far have been a long way short of good enough, even if there are some mitigating circumstances.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Martin_T said:

I agree with this. Even as an advocate for appointing Stendel, it's true to say that any manager is ultimately judged on results. Results so far have been a long way short of good enough, even if there are some mitigating circumstances.

I pray he is not as stubborn as his predecessor. 

Would love to see his style next season in the Premier 

The OP is just a dig at Levein and Budge every time we lose folk come up with more creative ways to do so.

However, the veiled point on Stendel, he will have some responsibility. His main objective is to keep us in the league, if he doesn’t then he’s failed.

Is following Hearts better since he arrived, massively, would I keep him definitely. However a manager has to work with what he’s got, he had plenty time to asses the team/squad before he took the job so perhaps he has to modify his style until we get the right bodies in. 

Last night Walker and Washington must have played themselves into the starting 11. They have the experience and the skill to play in a relegation battle, the two young lads don’t. Bring them on against tired legs and they’d show in a better light. Leave the first 75 mins to the older heads who know the game.

And please get rid of that goalkeeper, I use that term loosely, the guy with the goalie strip on is probably more apt!

Nicholas Brody
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Won 1 League game in 9.

People keep going on about this.

We've won three league games all season. He's got 33% of our wins the season yet has only been in the door two months which included a winter break. In those nine games, four have been against Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Wtf were people expecting? Seriously.

Weakened Offender

I think we are going down. Last night was huge. Any momentum we had, and there wasn't much, was crushed. Celtic will slaughter us and we will be cut adrift. Our next two matches will be against the two sides we are in this mess with and they're both far more street-wise than us. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

We've won three league games all season. He's got 33% of our wins the season yet has only been in the door two months which included a winter break. In those nine games, four have been against Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Kilmarnock have won as many games at Tynecastle than Hearts. 

The other 5 were Ross County,  St Johnstone x2 Hamilton,  Kilmarnock 

You don't expect 2 wins out of those,  fair enough. 

I think it is also balanced to suggest he has a greater choice of players 

Halkett and Souttar are a bombscare together, surely everyone can see tha? Add Pereira to the mix and we are just a complete defensive disaster. 

Stendel has made his choices and has had the advantage of players coming back from injury as well as adding his own players. IF we are relegated he clearly has to take responsibility.

Edited by Spoleto
added info

10 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Very much agree with this. I said the day he arrived the target is 10th place and it still is. There's been improvement since the winter break and hopefully that'll continue but we were never going to solve all the problems in one window and over a short period of time.

Regarding the OP,  Daniel took the job on knowing success meant avoiding relegation. If we go down he's failed and takes the blame for that. 

It’s a 3 horse race for the bottom 2 places. We play St Mirren and Hamilton twice each, simply have to get 12/12 points against them. 

Hearts remaining fixtures before split:

Celtic (A) - 0

Hamilton (H) - 3

St Mirren (A) - 3

Hibs (A) - 1 

Motherwell (H) - 1 

Livi (A) - 0

Ross County (H) - 3

Aberdeen (A) - 0

Split games, (against the current bottom 6 teams and probably in a different order)

Hamilton (A) - 3

St Mirren (H) - 3

Ross County (A) - 1

St Johnstone (H)- 3

Killie (A) - 1

Rule out Celtic away next Wednesday and concentrate on keeping the score line respectable. Apart from that the other games are all cup finals. Simply have to get 15/15 points in our remaining home games (although I don’t think we will) along with wins away at St Mirren + Hamilton. Should also be aiming to pickup points at Hibs, Livi, Ross County and Kilmarnock.

Prediction is - we’ll pick up 22 points and therefore finish on 40

Hamilton will finish on 36 points and St Mirren will finish on 33

For some reason, assuming the current bottom 6 are the final bottom 6, Hamilton are ‘due’ home games against us, St Mirren, County and St Johnstone, so will have to play one of those away from home, which could impact their points total. 

Like us, St Mirren will host 2 and travel to 3. 

It’s going to be tight af but think we’ll just stay up. * provided we raise our game, change the goalie and stop with this Moore and Henderson experiment* 

6 months to fix years of rot that is embedded from the top to the bottom of the team.....

IF we get relegated i will be disappointed that he couldn’t turn it around in time, but i do believe we are on the right path with him. 

shocking how opinions have changed so much in a matter of days. Even when he was appointed in December the general consensus seemed to be that if he saved us it would be nothing short of a miracle.

I do believe he will keep us up. Maybe not by a massive margin, but he will do enough. I am 100% behind him. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Aye Ann Budge has been strangely silent, well apart from the in depth interview she did yesterday. 

News to me...........was she holding hands with the janitor....?

Just now, Section Q said:

News to me...........was she holding hands with the janitor....?

Interview with Brian McLaughlin on BBC radio Scotland last night.

Sorry it's news to you, maybe they should give you call and let you know first next time.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Sorry it's news to you, maybe they should give you call and let you know first next time.

Hey, that's over the top! I'm sure Section Q will be ok with second or third.

47 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

With a heavy heart I agree.  I’m still at a loss to understand what outstanding attributes he has that qualified him for the job (vs others with more experience who have delivered results).

So far he has not demonstrated that he possesses the necessary football acumen or experience to manage a club the size of Hearts in a competitive National league top division.
Let’s hope everything ‘clicks’ and success prevails. If / when it does he will rightly be deemed a miracle worker and achieve legendary status!

With Pereira in goals,,  stendel would become

a legend if he keeps hearts up ! And a miracle worker........

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

What did she say......?

1 hour ago, jambo-rocker said:

Since the winter break, we've scored 4 of our 6 goals in the last 11 minutes(straw clutching thanks to Clare's pen in the 79" last night). I really do think we're finding a grit to us, even if it isn't coming off all the time, we're showing a reaction at the end of games regardless of how shite we've been to chasing games now which is almost unthinkable from the Levein regime. Give me this over what's come before. It's been four games. Apparently we were going to get top 6 again from some fans after we beat Rangers.

That tells me that the formation/system we are trying for the first 75 mins isn't working. And more direct football is.

It is naive to exclude DS from any of the blame "if" we are relegated.

We should have pushed the boat out to get a new goalkeeper in the transfer window. I would suggest we need to look at "out of contract" goalies, but immediately need to remove JP as his confidence is shot.

Daniel needs to swallow some of his pride in his style of play to focus on the defensive side of the game. We cannot continue to expose Souttar & Halkett to the ball over the top into the vacant channels out wide resulting in the loss of "easy" goals as witnessed at Perth & last night. Extra protection is a must. Not being a football coach, I'm not in a position to offer the best solution, however a sweeper, defensive midfielder or straightforward back 4 could assist.

Not looking for DS to reinvent the wheel, but subtle changes to defensive matters will aid our cause. 

The change of style has been refreshing to watch, but is a 3 - 3 draw & 2 - 3 defeat any better than a 0 - 0 draw & 0 - 1 defeat?

I have previously posted of a free hit vs Celtic on other threads , but withdraw those comments forthwith!! My only defense is being a supporter since 1964, I still believe we can get results like the win vs The Rangers at Tynecastle last week. Unfortunately the reality is that Celtic are a better side than The Rangers, especially up front.

The games vs Hamilton & St Mirren have now fallen into the "must win" category IMO, let's forget about "avoiding defeat" We need to win football matches as draws are fast becoming less than required in our time of need.

Scottie Wanshot.

the problem with the team is we leave yourself exposed at the back with to many players going forward. The biggest problem is our goalkeeper, who Cant save a shot, he most be one of the worst keepers we've ever had. How on earth does he get a game.

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Apart from the OF, only 2 teams have picked up more points than us over the last 5 games (Livi and St Johnstone). If we can get 6 points (4 minimum) from Hamilton and St Mirren then I think we will be okay. 

Aye, if we win 2 in 2 after winning 1 in 9 we’ll be okay. Glad that’s sorted ...

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Sadly, this.

Fear this is spot on. 

Henrysmithstaxi

DS won’t shoulder all the blame but it’s not like he hasn’t had (or been given) a chance. We weren’t cut adrift when he took over and he’s had backing, but on balance he also inherited a mess and the people who caused it still around.

Its a work in progress that I’m unsure if we’ve got time for.

The keeper situation should have been addressed. We haven’t got a decent enough alternative but you could see when the first goal went in that players heads went down. They know that, no matter what they do, if the opposition have a shot or header or deflection off someone’s backside or whatever on target, it’s going in. That’s demoralising.

We seem easy for opponents to set up against and they’re guaranteed goals. St J and Killie have proved that.

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

I really like the way Stendel is trying to play, I think it would be really successful once he gets players in who can implement it. However, in a relegation battle with these players I think this tactic is not going to work and it’s going to be an almighty struggle. 

Good point. Was saying the other day to a mate how much i like this style of football but was worried that we were completely changing from one philosophy to the polar opposite mid season, whilst in a relegation battle.

I understand why some people would want to blame Stendel but i do feel the mess he has inhertited warrants some sympathy and understanding from the fans.

One of my kids is involved in the hearts Academy and there really is a great positive vibe within the club now.  I am going to back him because he is going to need time and hopefully a bit of luck to turn this around.

Anyone want to blame the players at all?

Individual errors have cost us in nearly every game. I know managers sign em but **** me they seem to be getting a free pass a lot of the time.

To the OP Stendel will have to accept some blame but majority lies with previous regime

DS won't escape blame if we are relegated but he at least has mitigating circumstances on his side in terms of what he inherited.

FWIW, I think we'll stay up.........just.

DS has clearly diagnosed major issues in the quality and mentality of the squad and in his words, he struggled to attract the right players during the transfer window as joining a club staring relegation us not that appealing to most players of any real quality.  He will continue to work and use his philosophy and rightly so.  A few tweaks such as playing our most experienced team right now is needed.  Having an international striker on the bench while two promising but essentially inexperienced lads on the pitch is not helping matters.  The GK situation is like Sophie's choice.

DS will have learned a little more about the players last night and he looked gobsmacked by what he was watching.  He clearly has the ability to get this group of players to fight though and that will be vital as we enter a now critical period.

Interesting that no one has yet apportioned any blame to the players because for me, they are just as culpable as anyone.

Edited by Finlay James

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Anyone want to blame the players at all?

Individual errors have cost us in nearly every game. I know managers sign em but **** me they seem to be getting a free pass a lot of the time.

To the OP Stendel will have to accept some blame but majority lies with previous regime

Of course, but if JP is between the sticks on Saturday, people will have a right to have a go at him. If he drops him, he will be praised for it.

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

It has nothing to do with Stendel.

Can't agree with that at all. Stendel accepted the responsibility. If you are in charge for 58% of matches in a relegation season and have overseen a transfer window then you simply cannot be absolved of all blame.

If we are to be relegated he will certainly be far from the only cause but he will be significant factor in the final assessment.

Selkirkhmfc1874

If we go down stendel will be partly to blame because he's had enough time to turn things around but I still don't think we will go down.

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Apart from the OF, only 2 teams have picked up more points than us over the last 5 games (Livi and St Johnstone). If we can get 6 points (4 minimum) from Hamilton and St Mirren then I think we will be okay. 

Hamilton and St.Mirren? Two teams that are in a relegation battle year after year. As much as it hurts to say but there's every chance they'll take points off us.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It will certainly be down to Levein in a big way but Stendel would also have to take responsibility.  He has been allowed to sign several players and has done well in shifting on some of the dross. However, he is still hamstrung by Levein's signings, including 3 goalies, none of whom are reliable. An incredible piece of mismanagement. 

Fwiw, there is no chance of us getting relegated, none at all. The "gegenpress" philosophy must continue as it will help to enhance our younger players, to attract better players and, hopefully, to challenge the OF in future. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to continue along the well worn path playing the style of football Hamilton and St Mirren rely on, set pieces, long throws, pack the team with height and strength. This is very much Cathro MK II but with a manager who can inspire the fans and the players while bringing the feel good factor back to our Castle. We will defend better and continue to score goals and will be well clear of trouble come May.

Loving your positivity but its, at times, hard to stay with the plan. Hope you're proven correct Enzo 

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

If we are relegated it will surpass other demotions as the most painful.

We have no money worries like before and our attendances could hardly be higher. We have no restrictions on signing players, and we are an attractive club when it comes to recruitment.

Financially the club is a success story, and fan ownership is such an achievement that we have a film production company at every game recording what should/is something for us to proud of.

The buck solely stops with Budge and Levein. Absolute mismanagement on a grand scale. Ok so they did some things right, and I'm sure there will be those on here who are quick, (again), to remind us, but we can't deny it's down to them. It'll be interesting how the final cut of the documentary is edited but hopefully it's warts and all. 

It has nothing to do with Stendel. He arrived, (after much persuasion), on his own, and without his preferred coaching team, only to find his predecessor still around and breathing down his neck. 

Budge has been strangely silent since the new coach arrived. It's like she's waiting for the big moment to arrive, (April by all accounts), when she can preside over the climax of the last five years and fan ownership concludes. 

Our league status will be clearer by then, but if it's Championship football next season, it will be down to her and Levein, and definitely not Stendel.

If we go down, Stendel has been the manager for 22 games, Levein for 11. Stendel has a fit Steven Naismith and a brilliant new signing in Boyce. Two of Stendel’s other signings didn’t even make the match day squad last night. He’s launched Berra and not replaced him. He’s launched Whelan and brought in two in experienced centre mids. He launched Mulraney and brought in Avdijaj. If we go down, which is looking increasingly likely, Stendel is in part responsible.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Sadly, this.

Was there anyone out there who could save the day. It is a mammoth task to turn things around. We all hated Leivens tactics Stendel offers something different. We could have appointed a manager who set up camp on the 18 yard line and we could still go down. 
Any manager is a gamble it’s even worse when you are dealt a hand that Leiven left us with. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Stendel

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

If we go down Stendel will have a share of the responsibility.

Of course he should. 

It was him that picked that team last night after Perth. 

Kept the same idiot in goals, kept the woeful back 4 from Saturday and played Moore and Henderson as starters along with a guy in midfield making a debut. 

It was a must win game and as soon as I saw the team I knew 3 points were not achievable. 

Stendel was at fault last night 100 per cent. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

He joins in the blame. 

No free cards here. Plenty of time to rectify the situation,  and he has the luxury of almost a fully fit squad. 

Failed miserably last night to sort Saturday's problems. 

He may have inherited difficulties but has more than enough assets to get us up the League. 

If he chooses to play Henderson and Moore ahead of Meshino Walker and Washington then he is glaringly culpable as well as effectively playing 2 at the back. 

Dyer and Wright both delighted at the easy pickings on offer 

100% spot on

We are not in any position to be cute and cuddly and play young players to get them 'experience' - these games that we are chucking away are must win games and these boys (yes they are boys, not men) cannot cut it when its glaring we're in a relegation battle. We needed experience, strength and a bit of Uche's power to bring the game to Killie.

Its all well and good creating chances and getting into Killie's box, but pissing about with the ball passing back and forth rather than pulling the trigger is not how you win games or score.

To have a front 3 of Moore Henderson and Boyce against the giant parked bus of killie's defence was really stupid. Washington and Uche both should have started to match the physicality of killie's defence.

And to the walloper who isn't a season ticket holder but 'football guru' nonetheless, who sat in front of a group of us to argue at every point we made about how poor we were,  defending Pereira and blaming others, laughing at suggesting Washington should have started and is 'towing a caravan' (but managed to win a penalty from using his pace ahead of defenders) get it right up ye ya fat Paul Hollywood looking *****

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

IF we were to be relegated a lot of people will have played a part in it. DS will be one of those. 

You can’t be manager for 6 months of season and get a free pass on what happens on that season. We get relegated, I struggle to see a scenario where I would want him to remain. If he couldn’t keep us up I doubt he would be able to bring us up. 

Our squad is poor but I don’t believe it is worse than that  St. Mirren/Hamilton/Ross C and arguably a few others. We go down, he like the previous incumbent, will have massively underachieved.

A poster on other thread mentioned we have cultivated a culture of failure by becoming so accepting of it. I agree very much with this. From the top we have not demanded the best and  continually accepted and even praise  underperformance. To be successful you can’t take that approach. 

AB will have ultimate responsibility in reality. She’s ultimately responsible for everything at the club.  It will be a direct consequence of her decision making.

Thats not a dog at AB just an observation 

So it's ok to keep Levein around for three years to attempt to get things right but Stendel is to get the bullet after half a season. Get agrip for god's sake man.

Under the floodlight

One thing I have noticed about our Daniels team that was missing under the previous regime. FIGHT I think this team will continue to make mistakes but as long as they continue to fight we have hope.

It really annoys me to see supporters leaving in droves if they think the game is lost, then moan that the team has given up, if you see supporters leave it sends a negative message to the players on the field.

We used to stay to the very end, even midweek and we had a 40 mile trip back home, either by train or car.

Nicholas Brody
1 minute ago, Under the floodlight said:

One thing I have noticed about our Daniels team that was missing under the previous regime. FIGHT I think this team will continue to make mistakes but as long as they continue to fight we have hope.

It really annoys me to see supporters leaving in droves if they think the game is lost, then moan that the team has given up, if you see supporters leave it sends a negative message to the players on the field.

We used to stay to the very end, even midweek and we had a 40 mile trip back home, either by train or car.

Tbf, for about the last two years we have pretty much always given up after going behind. I'm hoping after last night, folk might start staying.

I was very close to leaving after the third went in but decided to stay and don't regret it.

Whilst we got beat, it was a decent game. Very close to snatching a draw after going three down is mental.