""IF"" we go down don't blame Stendel.....

Section Q

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• McCrae

• Vlad Magic

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Haken said:

Unfortunately this is where I am.  He doesn't have the personnel to do what he wants to.  So adjust.  Nope.  Square pegs in round holes. 

Still, good fighting draw against 10 man Hamilton.  Whoop de do.

Aye - thats a big part of the problem. 

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I don’t blame DS. It’s all Budge’s and CL’s fault. He inherited an awful squad.

We have a much, much, much better squad than Hamilton who had many players missing today he also added to the squad with four players in January.  Boy is looking like he’s not got a clue or the players haven’t got a clue what he’s asking them to do.  It was like a jumble sale before the sending off today.  Stendel has shown absolutely nothing to suggest hes the right guy for the gig.  

If we go down he gets punted and Budge should walk.  Try get Robinson in with the Motherwell CEO. 

Edited by Last Laff

JennytheJambo

Levein should have gone long before the season started and I mean gone this allowing for a new manager to work with the players. Stendel has been given a huge task, one transfer window to make things right. In saying that I do question some of his tactics when it would be simple to go back to basics especially the back four and the goalkeeper.  

Just now, Last Laff said:

We have a much, much, much better squad than Hamilton who had many players missing today he also added to the squad with four players in January.  Boy is looking like he’s not got a clue or the players haven’t got a clue what he’s asking them to do.  It was like a jumble sale before the sending off today.  Stendel has shown absolutely nothing to suggest hes the right guy for the gig.  

I don’t agree, I think we have some awful players. The table doesn’t lie. They were rotten under CL and are rotten now.

Stendel carries no blame,  aye?    

Think again.    The honeymoon is over.    He has every chance to analyse and adapt.    If he can't then he's neglected the job at hand.    

We have no central midfield and other than Bozanic have nobody else to play there. Team is so unbalanced and disjointed as a result. Yet we do have Olly Lee on the payroll who we could have had back in January. Hardly a world beater but infinitely better than our current options.

Cant see us finishing any higher than 11th, and even that is optimistic. 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I don’t agree, I think we have some awful players. The table doesn’t lie. They were rotten under CL and are rotten now.

Given the choice if swappujg their squads for ours, would you swap with either Hamilton or St Mirren? Either of their managers would bite your hand off for our squad.

I'd be happy to see him go before Friday. An expensive risk that's not worked.

Shame as he could have been a success in different circumstances.

8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Not one of they Hamilton players would get in our squad let alone first eleven, the difference they play as a team, with a game plan that they knew how to execute.  We have good players, internationalists who are not comfortable with what they are being asked to do or what position they are being asked to play. That’s the managers fault.    

He's been brought in to keep us up, if we go down he has failed and will  have to take his share of the blame. 

Ultimately, most of the blame lies with Ann Budge who freely admitted that she know's nothing about football. 

She sat and crossed her fingers for over a year while Levein was wasting more money and causing even more damage. 

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Given the choice if swappujg their squads for ours, would you swap with either Hamilton or St Mirren? Either of their managers would bite your hand off for our squad.

Again I don’t agree. We have 3 big problem areas. Starting with GK, we have really limited options at right and left back and we have no steel in midfield.

Out of our squad I would only want to keep, Smith, Hickey, Halkett, Irving, Naismith, Walker and Boyce.

Just now, Space Pirate said:

He's been brought in to keep us up, if we go down he has failed and will  have to take his share of the blame. 

Ultimately, most of the blame lies with Ann Budge who freely admitted that she know's nothing about football. 

She sat and crossed her fingers for over a year while Levein was wasting more money and causing even more damage. 

I don’t think DS would have taken the job if he really knew how bad we are.

pettigrewsstylist
31 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Just heard him on radios Scotland - I know English isn't his first language but he sounds a right slaverer.  He doesn't even sound convinced by his own tactics right now.

Total waffle every time. 

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Not one of they Hamilton players would get in our squad let alone first eleven, the difference they play as a team, with a game plan that they knew how to execute.  We have good players, internationalists who are not comfortable with what they are being asked to do or what position they are being asked to play. That’s the managers fault.    

We have a handful of decent players surrounded by dross.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Again I don’t agree. We have 3 big problem areas. Starting with GK, we have really limited options at right and left back and we have no steel in midfield.

Out of our squad I would only want to keep, Smith, Hickey, Halkett, Irving, Naismith, Walker and Boyce.

Smith Garuccio and Hickey no good then?

Yet Hamilton have just dross as do St Mirren. 

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Smith Garuccio and Hickey no good then?

Garuccio is one of the worst players I have seen at Hearts. As stated in my post I would keep Smith and Hickey....

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Well he’s well and truly ****ed then.  He won’t get another decent managerial role in the UK if he takes hearts down regardless of how his Barnsley fan club try to big him up. 

When the going got tough down there he couldn’t turn it around and the going was already tough up here and find the club bottom of the table with 11 games left and it’s only through a bit of fortune it’s not stranded at the bottom.  If St Mirren win on Friday that’s the playoffs out the question as they will only realistically need one other victory to be too hard to catch.  

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Garuccio is one of the worst players I have seen at Hearts. As stated in my post I would keep Smith and Hickey....

Are they the limited options at RB and LB you mention?

7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I'm not sure he really wanted the job in the first place, but we've obviously flung more money at the problem. 

Manager starting to look like Cathro clone . Football is nor played on white boards and note books,he simply cannot adjust tactics to suit the circumstances. Huge clear out needed starting at the top for next season whatever league were in. Surely the FOH when they take over can drive forward the changes required 

HHGH

Plan A - Overload the team with attacking players and push both fullbacks high up the pitch. 

If it doesn’t work and we go a goal or two down?

Plan B - Throw on another attacker. 

The high press doesn’t work if the other team doesn’t want the ball.

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Well he’s well and truly ****ed then.  He won’t get another decent managerial role in the UK if he takes hearts down regardless of how his Barnsley fan club try to big him up. 

When the going got tough down there he couldn’t turn it around and the going was already tough up here and find the club bottom of the table with 11 games left and it’s only through a bit of fortune it’s not stranded at the bottom.  If St Mirren win on Friday that’s the playoffs out the question as they will only realistically need one other victory to be too hard to catch.  

I have thought for a while that it was touch if we would stay up. I would like to see DS given the chance to rebuild our team. I like what he is trying to do, but we have so many poor players. Going down we will be able to cut the dross without any payoffs.

He’s got one way of playing and he’s sticking to it regardless of results. Very poor management if you ask me. His job is to get the best out of what he has to work with and he clearly isn’t doing this. 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Plan A - Overload the team with attacking players and push both fullbacks high up the pitch. 

If it doesn’t work and we go a goal or two down?

Plan B - Throw on another attacker. 

The high press doesn’t work if the other team doesn’t want the ball.

Or if you can’t defend 

Just now, Russ1977 said:

He’s got one way of playing and he’s sticking to it regardless of results. Very poor management if you ask me. His job is to get the best out of what he has to work with and he clearly isn’t doing this. 

I don’t think some of that dross can do any better. Just look at where the players moved on in January went to. All piss poor lower division clubs.

Just now, McCrae said:

I have thought for a while that it was touch if we would stay up. I would like to see DS given the chance to rebuild our team. I like what he is trying to do, but we have so many poor players. Going down we will be able to cut the dross without any payoffs.

I would also like him to stay around if the club stay up.  He really needs to get back to basics though at this moment in time and stop trying to be clever.  It’s clearly not working. 

I would also like him to stay around if the club stay up.  He really needs to get back to basics though at this moment in time and stop trying to be clever.  It’s clearly not working. 

I think either Smith or Dikamona must play RB. Hopefully Hickey isn’t out for long, if he is we are done. Keeping it tight at the back gives us a chance.

Just now, McCrae said:

I don’t think some of that dross can do any better. Just look at where the players moved on in January went to. All piss poor lower division clubs.

Since stendel came in our results have got worse. We are more entertaining to watch but his job is to pick up points and move us up the table and he’s failing miserably just now. I’d love it to workout for him but it’s not looking great just now. 

husref musemic
52 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Just heard him on radios Scotland - I know English isn't his first language but he sounds a right slaverer.  He doesn't even sound convinced by his own tactics right now.

i thought his interview was pretty bad. if he communicates the same way to the players there must be issues.

cardboardcutout
22 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Total waffle every time. 

His right hand man can speak English fluently but I suspect he doesn’t have a clue what’s going on in German either! Vorsprung Durk technik. We have no clue in English 

2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Since stendel came in our results have got worse. We are more entertaining to watch but his job is to pick up points and move us up the table and he’s failing miserably just now. I’d love it to workout for him but it’s not looking great just now. 

I agree with your main point, the injuries in our defence have been a big issue. The back up players we have are just not good enough. Even if we go down I don’t him fired. 

It's getting harder and harder to defend him . 

Hes making the same  mistakes game after game . 

Dont think in all my years as a Hearrs fan I've seen such a shambolic defensive plan . 

We are getting picked of every game  by utter shite . 

Much as I love the guy and I want him to succeed I think he's relegating us unless something changes urgently. 

A more astute manager would not have waited until the interval to substitute Ikpeazu. Two down and a man up we needed the ball moved quicker to the flanks. Instead we persisted with balls into the middle following a plan that had been drawn up beforehand but which already lay in tatters. 

He’s at it 

listen to any manager like Allardyce Pulis etc and they turn teams around by getting basics right defending properly and playing formations that players understand. That was all  that was needed for the remainder of this season.what have we got a shambles in defence with our best defender playing in midfield and nobody to win headers.

I would be 100% certain a decent  manager would have had us on a similar points total to Hibs by now.

he needs replaced before its to late 

Blind optimism or apportioning blame to previous managers won’t Keep us up.

58 minutes ago, JennytheJambo said:

Levein should have gone long before the season started and I mean gone this allowing for a new manager to work with the players. Stendel has been given a huge task, one transfer window to make things right. In saying that I do question some of his tactics when it would be simple to go back to basics especially the back four and the goalkeeper.  

He doesn't need to get it right with one transfer window.  He needs to do just enough to stay up.  The chances of that are disappearing with each poor result.

He has made some glaring errors. 

This season we only had 4 centre half’s. Only one of them was an out and out defender and Stendels first port of call was to get rid of him. Now we have no option but to play Souttar and Halkett as Dikamona can’t be trusted. 

Not addressing the goalkeeping situation in January.

Persisting with Pereria for so long which ultimately cost us games.

Zonal marking. 

Langer and Avdijaj look utter mince.

No plan B.

SomethingAboutObua

He's come into this not realising only Celtic and Rangers attack us, Hibs come in for a derby so both sides tense up and Aberdeen only attack at Pittodrie.  Everyone else that plays us sits back or counters, the two things that the pressing tactic doesn't work well against.  It worked in a 24 team league where half the sides are looking to win the games. Here 2 teams try and beat us home and away, 2 try and beat us a their home grounds and 7 just try to avoid losing against us/score on the counter. 

I would have loved to see the pressing work, but we only get to use it against 2 teams.

Also zonal marking at corners needs to gtf.

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Gogic would be captain for a start.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

We had a capable captain.  Unfortunately Stendel sent him to Dundee. 

Rubbish. Berra was done at this level. Gogic is an excellent player, would walk into that Hearts team.

1 minute ago, TheTrumpet said:

Rubbish. Berra was done at this level. Gogic is an excellent player, would walk into that Hearts team.

He sure was. Wasn’t that long ago that folk were screaming for him to be removed from the team because of the errors and constant hoof ball he played. Felt bad for him as I like him but that was a career ending injury he had and if ever I saw one 

Now some folk think it would be better if he was back. No disrespect intended to these said posters but I find it a bit Mental personally 🤷‍♂️

Scottie Wanshot.
On 06/02/2020 at 09:55, Section Q said:

If we are relegated it will surpass other demotions as the most painful.

We have no money worries like before and our attendances could hardly be higher. We have no restrictions on signing players, and we are an attractive club when it comes to recruitment.

Financially the club is a success story, and fan ownership is such an achievement that we have a film production company at every game recording what should/is something for us to proud of.

The buck solely stops with Budge and Levein. Absolute mismanagement on a grand scale. Ok so they did some things right, and I'm sure there will be those on here who are quick, (again), to remind us, but we can't deny it's down to them. It'll be interesting how the final cut of the documentary is edited but hopefully it's warts and all. 

It has nothing to do with Stendel. He arrived, (after much persuasion), on his own, and without his preferred coaching team, only to find his predecessor still around and breathing down his neck. 

Budge has been strangely silent since the new coach arrived. It's like she's waiting for the big moment to arrive, (April by all accounts), when she can preside over the climax of the last five years and fan ownership concludes. 

Our league status will be clearer by then, but if it's Championship football next season, it will be down to her and Levein, and definitely not Stendel.

he played Pereira for far to long, losing so many goals, the players he's signed, 2 of them are rubbish, the other one never been seen for weeks. Boyce played today injured, so done nothing. Sten keeps pushing full backs forward, when we lose the ball, were getting hammered with only two defenders back. if he cant see this, he shouldn't be here.