We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

By questioning a manager who has won his one league game since May 2019 and has been sacked from both of his previous managerial positions? What makes people so insistent that he is going to be a success? Wednesday night will be very interesting. Let’s see what an all out attack achieves against a decent Europa League team who scoring for fun ...

We lost 3-2 and 2-3 to Aberdeen and Motherwell respectively this season under Levein. Was he applauded for having a go and leaving huge space for the opposition attacking players?

2 games out of how many?

Desperate stuff from you.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, jake said:

2 games out of how many?

Desperate stuff from you.

shoveling desperately and getting deeper into the hole is Mr P 😂

34 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Goal difference? confidence? If we lose 7-0 or something similar that’s not going to help anything is it?

Probably best you step away from the keyboard and have a beer. Take the rest of the night off. You’re having a nightmare.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Probably best you step away from the keyboard and have a beer. Take the rest of the night off. You’re having a nightmare.

We shall see soon enough!

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We shall see soon enough!

It’s just so strange. It’s like you were the most patient guy on the forum during a year of awful performances and results but can’t seem to muster any hope of Stendel turning things around. It’s actually confusing. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s just so strange. It’s like you were the most patient guy on the forum during a year of awful performances and results but can’t seem to muster any hope of Stendel turning things around. It’s actually confusing. 

We had the time under Levein. We were comfortable in mid table for most of his tenure and we had the cup runs and derby win to keep us ticking over. We are very quickly running out to of time under Stendel. We’ve got trips to Parkhead, Easter Road and Pitoddrie and also have a load of relegation six pointers with Hamilton, St Mirren and St Johnstone!

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Give up Elwood you’re having an absolute nightmare on this thread.

Keep getting dragged back in ...

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We had the time under Levein. We were comfortable in mid table for most of his tenure and we had the cup runs and derby win to keep us ticking over. We are very quickly running out to of time under Stendel. We’ve got trips to Parkhead, Easter Road and Pitoddrie and also have a load of relegation six pointers with Hamilton, St Mirren and St Johnstone!

Fair enough mate. All about opinions 👍

Absolute Scenes
7 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It's seriously insane 😀I know a lot of normal people that inhabit this forum. But I'm delighted I've never met a chunk of the twats that steam on here at the slightest opportunity to spew some more illogical bile. It must be so difficult to live life being that perpetually.....angry!

😂😂😂 you’re spot on!

Absolute Scenes
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

What does this mean? Is it a cry for help? I can’t remember you contributing anything of note. 

So a guy posts an unpopular opinion and you can’t handle it?

The thread would have died after 20 minutes had we not had 10 pages of faux outrage. 

I support Stendel but I’m concerned. That’s all. 

Come on Nookie

theres an unpopular opinion and then there’s just the ravings of a lunatic. I support Stendel too, and am also concerned....but not ready to compare him to Cathro - that’s just insane 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stendel already had a home game against Celtic? Didn’t lay a glove on them. Did brilliantly against Rangers though ... 

Not true didn't have Naismith available, managed to have 54% possession against them 13 shots 3 on target. 

Like Levein Stendel has never had a fully fit squad 😉, and in my opinion deserves at least 2 transfer windows and a pre season, like a few said about Craig on here. 

Folk were always critical of Levein for not having a go in Glasgow. It will be interesting to see what having a go actually achieves. 

Well ...we know what sending out the team to be scared of their own shadows achieved. Sea trout. Have a go and get beaten. Who cares? You do give the impression that you are not yet fully cognizant of the fact that Levein is history, much like those Japanese snipers still found lurking in the undergrowth in the 1970's not knowing WWII was over.

32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not true didn't have Naismith available, managed to have 54% possession against them 13 shots 3 on target. 

Like Levein Stendel has never had a fully fit squad 😉, and in my opinion deserves at least 2 transfer windows and a pre season, like a few said about Craig on here. 

Absolutely spot on Bongo.

He has had one transfer window and suddenly "he is running out of time"

You couldnt make these people up, it would be too far fetched.

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Absolutely spot on Bongo.

He has had one transfer window and suddenly "he is running out of time"

You couldnt make these people up, it would be too far fetched.

We as a club are running out of time, if we lose to Celtic and then lose to Hamilton we may have no way back! That’s surely easy to understand?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We as a club are running out of time, if we lose to Celtic and then lose to Hamilton we may have no way back! That’s surely easy to understand?

Who put us there?

Remind us please

Aahh the old comfort blanket approach. I, personally,, am not interested in the odd scrappy derby win and mid table mediocrity. The month of May in 98, 2006 and 2012...now those memories resonate and linger far longer than anything that Levein has achieved.

11 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Who put us there?

Remind us please

Technically Stendel has. We were never bottom under Levein, although we weren’t far off!

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aahh the old comfort blanket approach. I, personally,, am not interested in the odd scrappy derby win and mid table mediocrity. The month of May in 98, 2006 and 2012...now those memories resonate and linger far longer than anything that Levein has achieved.

No no you have it all wrong - sixth and a couple of good cup runs thats what its all about apparently :facepalm:

Technically Stendel has. We were never bottom under Levein, although we weren’t far off!

So its all DS,s doing. Thanks for clearing that up.

I must have dreamed of 2/3 seasons of utter garbage, millions wasted on rubbish signings,ridiculous contracts, a Director of football that was also the Manager etc etc etc, and the like's of you wanting him given more and more time.

Wow what a relief, its all that bl**dy Germans fault, new it couldn't have been oor Craig, he's a proper Hearts man .( For those suffering from Maroon blindness.)

Only a legend as a player .

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, merrymac said:

No no you have it all wrong - sixth and a couple of good cup runs thats what its all about apparently :facepalm:

6th and a couple of good cup runs sounds awesome! Would always take 6th and a cup final and semi over say 4th or 5th and no cup run.

42 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Yeah ...that Olly Lee goal..probably our only shot on target at ER...makes me forget all about the 5-1 demolition at Hampden.  It is no coincidence that, for someone who has been involved at the club off and on for 37 years, that our 3 SC wins have come when he has not been there. Not a coincidence...

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

6th and a couple of good cup runs sounds awesome! Would always take 6th and a cup final and semi over say 4th or 5th and no cup run.

I agree...if you are a Morton fan. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree...if you are a Morton fan. 

You'd take 4th over a Scottish cup final? Fair enough, each to their own. Remind me of the prize for finishing 4th

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You'd take 4th over a Scottish cup final? Fair enough, each to their own. Remind me of the prize for finishing 4th

Remind me of the prize for losing a SCF

55 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Not be any cup runs under Stendel based on that first half!

Nicholas Brody
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sadly we can't get Auchinleck Talbot like Mr Levein.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Did you actually wait for the half time whistle before you got right in there 😂

A perfect night for football on which to judge a performance.right enough

By the way did we win any cups on these runs, or did it just give CL more cash to p**h away.?

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Either a hibs supporter

Or just likes watching shite

We ran out of time ages ago and you advocated more.

You are another Italian town.

Wind up hibs troll ?

Or just a fud

1 minute ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Sadly we can't get Auchinleck Talbot like Mr Levein.

He knocked out Aberdeen and Motherwell from this years League Cup. Don’t let facts get in the way of an agenda though!

That's not true though, is it?  Not mathematically,  not logically,  just untrue.  

Just now, merrymac said:

Did you actually wait for the half time whistle before you got right in there 😂

A perfect night for football on which to judge a performance.right enough

By the way did we win any cups on these runs, or did it just give CL more cash to p**h away.?

Hes at it.

Kept by the worst manager we have endured for decades turns on the new guy immediately.

I'm calling a hibs troll.

Just now, jake said:

Either a hibs supporter

Wind up hibs troll ?

Or just a fud

Look at the match thread, plenty other posters can see how bad we are?

1 minute ago, jake said:

Either a hibs supporter

Wind up hibs troll ?

Or just a fud

Maybe all three?

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Remind me of the prize for losing a SCF

It's about 100k to get to the losing finalist stage, plus a chance of a European spot which comes with prize money. That'snot counting the extra gate and merchandise money a cup run brings. On balance, finishing 5th or 6th and reaching a cup final is better financially (and more fun for fans) than finishing 4th. 

Nothing beats a cup final day and chance of a trophy. Certainly not a 4th place in the league.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Look at the match thread, plenty other posters can see how bad we are?

Go away .

I'd be less suspicious if you hadn't posted utter shite all day long and supported a shite manager previously.

Fek off you hibs tramp

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He knocked out Aberdeen and Motherwell from this years League Cup. Don’t let facts get in the way of an agenda though!

Levein turned our cup form around, no doubt, and it kept him in a job. The league on the other hand...

Constant suggestion that someone is a Hibs fan, because they have an alternative opinion?

No.

Cause you are a hibs tramp

A lot of the players body language is poor and when we're getting chopped down, there isn't even a protest from fellow players. What is that about? It would at least encourage Beaton to take action the next time. 

4 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

That's not true though, is it?  Not mathematically,  not logically,  just untrue.  

Mathematically, no. Psychologically, yes. If we lose at Tynecastle to Hamilton I don’t think we come back from that.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein turned our cup form around, no doubt, and it kept him in a job. The league on the other hand...

6th is better than 12th though. 

Guest ToqueJambo

6th is better than 12th though. 

We were 9th, two points off bottom when Levein went. He'd won 6pts in 8 games with his team. Stendel has won 6pts in 10 games, with almost all of them coming after he brought in some players and let others go - ie his team. It's an obvious improvement.