• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicholas Brody
30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He knocked out Aberdeen and Motherwell from this years League Cup. Don’t let facts get in the way of an agenda though!

Aye we absolutely pumped them eh?

Scraping last a poor Motherwell and beating Aberdeen on Pens. 

Have a day off.

4 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Aye we absolutely pumped them eh?

Scraping last a poor Motherwell and beating Aberdeen on Pens. 

Have a day off.

Motherwell are currently 3rd? Not enough fact checking going on here ...

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Tragic patter ...

Tragic life for you.

Even if you are not hibs.

You defended shite football for several months.

Then start moaning like a wee shareen after a few games .

No point in trying to put you wide.

Just always at it like the italian town fud.

Great to see us playing football, in terrible conditions, with at least a bit of pace, drive and off the ball movement.  Not easy to do when we were stuck with the likes of Berra and Whelan in our team..

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Nicholas Brody
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Motherwell are currently 3rd? Not enough fact checking going on here ...

And we just beat Rangers who are currently second. What's your point?

Just now, Nicholas Brody said:

And we just beat Rangers who are currently second. What's your point?

You said ‘a poor Motherwell’ ?

Nicholas Brody
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well they were below us in the league, not third as you previously mentioned.

Are you wanting me to fact check anything else?

52 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's about 100k to get to the losing finalist stage, plus a chance of a European spot which comes with prize money. That'snot counting the extra gate and merchandise money a cup run brings. On balance, finishing 5th or 6th and reaching a cup final is better financially (and more fun for fans) than finishing 4th. 

Nothing beats a cup final day and chance of a trophy. Certainly not a 4th place in the league.

why only a chance at a European spot?

Don’t answer it’s rhetorical as we know why. 

You’re also conveniently forgetting how much extra revenue is accrued when we play well in the league and are challenging for 3rd (through avenues such as the club shop and hospitality).

I love a cup final as much as anyone but the question was based on real “results” from our past season and so your “chance of a “trophy” comments are deceitful as we lost the final! 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

why only a chance at a European spot?

Don’t answer it’s rhetorical as we know why. 

You’re also conveniently forgetting how much extra revenue is accrued when we play well in the league and are challenging for 3rd (through avenues such as the club shop and hospitality).

I love a cup final as much as anyone but the question was based on real “results” from our past season and so your “chance of a “trophy” comments are deceitful as we lost the final! 

I'm just saying I personally prefer a cup final and 5th or 6th to a 4th place. If you gave me a choice at the start of a season. Cup finals are what you live for as a fan, not 4th places. Put it this way if we finish 10th this season but win the cup, no-one will remember the 10th.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Absolute Scenes
24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Great to see us playing football, in terrible conditions, with at least a bit of pace, drive and off the ball movement.  Not easy to do when we were stuck with the likes of Berra and Whelan in our team..

Bang on. What a difference in Sean Clare 😍 Stendels genuinely turned him into one of our best players

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Awwwwww poor wee hobo gutted are you.

If you are a Hearts supporter shame on you.

Absolute Scenes
26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Correct. They were rank at the start of the season. We scraped passed them 

Nicholas Brody
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Arse!

You've gone a bit quiet mate after I pulled you up about your Levein taking us to the bottom and Motherwell comments. Nothing more to add no? 

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Where is the OP?

We won so back into hiding.

We won - yes. 

We’re utterly awful - yes

after two months in the job and a transfer window are we really any further forward - no not really, not yet.   

Slightly worried about the performance tonight. Falkirk so unlucky. Play like that at Parkhead and it’s 10 zip. 
Slight dilemma for Stendel as we looked better defensively with the 3 at the back but poor offensively (first half) whereas it was the opposite in the second half when we switched to 4 at the back 

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We won - yes. 

We’re utterly awful - yes

after two months in the job and a transfer window are we really any further forward - no not really, not yet.   

wins don't help, do they?

I take it you based your idea on cathro being a failure and that was the comparison. No 'further forward - not yet'. Isn't it a done deal?

15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Resounding yes

11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Slightly worried about the performance tonight. Falkirk so unlucky. Play like that at Parkhead and it’s 10 zip. 
Slight dilemma for Stendel as we looked better defensively with the 3 at the back but poor offensively (first half) whereas it was the opposite in the second half when we switched to 4 at the back 

You been outside tonight?

6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Energy and intensity have been reintroduced. Absolutely and utterly devoid in the last embers of Craig'e tenure. These are basic functions reintroduced. I think he is still tinkering with the right shape, still discovering who can do what and what not. The players at least look interested even if that interest comes through as anything other than passive

44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Arse!

Aye probably.

But not a fraud like you are.

Anyway through to the last 8

Trying to play football

Scoring goals

And still loving the Hearts.

4 minutes ago, jake said:

Aye probably.

But not a fraud like you are.

Anyway through to the last 8

Trying to play football

Scoring goals

And still loving the Hearts.

We were absolutely abysmal. The only thing that counts is getting to the next round though, which has been achieved.

I called you out on the ‘fraud’ chat. £10k donation to FOH says I can prove I support hearts. Take the bet; pay up or shut up!

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We were absolutely abysmal. The only thing that counts is getting to the next round though, which has been achieved.

I called you out on the ‘fraud’ chat. £10k donation to FOH says I can prove I support hearts. Take the bet; pay up or shut up!

Even worse then the shite you have posted.

But I apologise for the hibs stuff.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Tragic life for you.

Even if you are not hibs.

You defended shite football for several months.

Then start moaning like a wee shareen after a few games .

No point in trying to put you wide.

Just always at it like the italian town fud.

About time someone said it 

Well said 👍

Just now, jake said:

No.

Did a nash to the corner shop at HT for some more cans though😄

Needed a lot of cans to get through that eh 

Will also need more cans when we win the cup 

27 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He spoke about tactics after the match buddy .

He knows what hes doing.

Liked you ripping back into me .

Well said mate.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s just apologised and retracted the Hibs chat!

Yes I did.

But your analysis of where we are at and the progress made under Stendal is chronic.

14 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Energy and intensity have been reintroduced. Absolutely and utterly devoid in the last embers of Craig'e tenure. These are basic functions reintroduced. I think he is still tinkering with the right shape, still discovering who can do what and what not. The players at least look interested even if that interest comes through as anything other than passive

So true. When Levein was launched and we were in free fall fast forward and since then, we are learning a brand new tactic and midway through the season. That’s a significant anchor in itself.

Ideally, this would have been implemented in pre season but we are having to do it midpoint in the year and whilst we are in the midst of a dog fight 

Of course Stendel will be tinkering currently. At least he isn’t afraid to change it about if it isn’t working. Just need a bit of realism as it stands 👍

HardcoreJambo
29 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

My thoughts too. I actually thought we were poor tonight. It took a penalty to get the goal and Falkirk were unfortunate not to score.

I'm just not convinced by the Stendel tactics. We look so vulnerable in defence that even Falkirk looked like scoring. Clare appears to be the only one who is successfully being integrated into our new system. I think its more a case the players just aren't good enough to operate under Stendels new footballing philosophy.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Yes I did.

But your analysis of where we are at and the progress made under Stendal is chronic.

Jake, we haven’t made any progress (yet). I like the attacking philosophy of Stendel, I am a big fan of Dutch, German, Swiss and Belgian football. However, we currently need to win games. Tonight we go through but it could easily have gone the other way. We can hopefully have a good run in the Scottish Cup and win enough games to survive. That will allow Stendel a pre seasons, summer window and League Cup group stage to get his footballing philosophy off the ground. Currently it could go either way.

Just now, Morgan said:

Zico!  ZIco!

Met the man on more than one occasion and he wouldn’t come out with the pish this username comes out with !

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

So true. When Levein was launched and we were in free fall fast forward and since then, we are learning a brand new tactic and midway through the season. That’s a significant anchor in itself.

Ideally, this would have been implemented in pre season but we are having to do it midpoint in the year and whilst we are in the midst of a dog fight 

Of course Stendel will be tinkering currently. At least he isn’t afraid to change it about if it isn’t working. Just need a bit of realism as it stands 👍

I was raging at the box at some of the play, players playing passes you wouldn't play on a good day.

But there are posters who are simply agitators for whatever reason be they Hearts or H1b5. They ignore all mitigating circumstances why things might not be working and comparing Stendel to Cathro as the main reason is ludicrous

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s just apologised and retracted the Hibs chat!

I wasn’t suggesting the hubs chat. If you actually read his post that I quoted he said a whole lot more than that. That was his previous post that I didn’t quote 

I am not going to accuse you of hibs chat as I don’t even know you so that’s unfair

However mate, and I’m sorry but some of your recent posts are absolutely dillusional .your last comment (6th is better than 12th) is not even hubs chat, it’s shit chat to be honest 😐

Have a go at Stendel - fine. Voice your opinions on thinking it’s a bad move - fine 

But don’t come on putting it all at Stendels doorstep and conveniently forgetting that the man you supported all along has put us in a precarious position in the league. That’s the delusional part you are missing.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Even worse then the shite you have posted.

But I apologise for the hibs stuff.

£10k donation to FOH says you are an arse though, jake. Take the bet; pay up or shut up!

🙃👍

Just now, Boab said:

Met the man on more than one occasion and he wouldn’t come out with the pish this username comes out with !

Bloody bet he wouldn’t have..

Troll for more than 16 years imo.

Just now, Morgan said:

Bloody bet he wouldn’t have..

Troll for more than 16 years imo.

A great hospitality host.

That’s the real one....no this pie !

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I was raging at the box at some of the play, players playing passes you wouldn't play on a good day.

But there are posters who are simply agitators for whatever reason be they Hearts or H1b5. They ignore all mitigating circumstances why things might not be working and comparing Stendel to Cathro as the main reason is ludicrous

Exactly mate. So true. Of course we are making mistakes and the final ball is dreadful at times but we look like, and I say look like, we are trying to at least create and score.

When it comes good and we tighten up the errors at the back and loose ball from the midfield then we are due to give someone a hiding 

Folk spitting the toys out the pram at the moment. Would it be better to rewind a few months and remember the good old days of being camped in our own box with the players shit scared to move forward because it was drummed into them not to. We could have played another 100 games like that and would Still not be able to hit a barn door 

At least we are now trying something different 

26 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I wasn’t suggesting the hubs chat. If you actually read his post that I quoted he said a whole lot more than that. That was his previous post that I didn’t quote 

I am not going to accuse you of hibs chat as I don’t even know you so that’s unfair

However mate, and I’m sorry but some of your recent posts are absolutely dillusional .your last comment (6th is better than 12th) is not even hubs chat, it’s shit chat to be honest 😐

Have a go at Stendel - fine. Voice your opinions on thinking it’s a bad move - fine 

But don’t come on putting it all at Stendels doorstep and conveniently forgetting that the man you supported all along has put us in a precarious position in the league. That’s the delusional part you are missing.

Which part of 6th is better than 12th do you find delusional? Seems pretty sound logic to me. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Which part of 6th is better than 12th do you find delusional? Seems pretty sound logic to me. 

I know it’s not the point you are arguing but we wouldn’t have finished 6th this season. We have been in persistent relegation form for over a year. Since the league cup final last year we’ve been horrific. Quite what you expect, by the way of a turnaround, after a couple of months escapes me. Your reasoning is frankly bizarre, and the more reasonable arguments you face the more ridiculous your opinion gets.