We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’ve not forgotten, as I totally disagree with that statement!

Of course it’s Levein’s legacy. He signed all the players bar 4. How can it be anything else after such a short period of time since he was binned ?

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think we need to start screening people that are users of this forums. There are some seriously disturbed posters on here that need help

What does this mean? Is it a cry for help? I can’t remember you contributing anything of note. 

So a guy posts an unpopular opinion and you can’t handle it?

The thread would have died after 20 minutes had we not had 10 pages of faux outrage. 

I support Stendel but I’m concerned. That’s all. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course it’s Levein’s legacy. He signed all the players bar 4. How can it be anything else after such a short period of time since he was binned ?

I am sure our man MR EP will come up with some valid answers 😂

We once critiscised CL for giving the third choice goalkeeper  a contract extension, you know. :phface: 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’ve not forgotten, as I totally disagree with that statement!

Seriously, just think on what you are actually saying now. This has leaped way over the boundaries of any sort of logic. 

You don’t have any grounds to disagree with the statement made. It is indeed a statement of fact where opinions are of no relevance in this particular case.

You must be looking for a reaction, or attention or something else. For your sake, I really hope you are. 

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It's seriously insane 😀I know a lot of normal people that inhabit this forum. But I'm delighted I've never met a chunk of the twats that steam on here at the slightest opportunity to spew some more illogical bile. It must be so difficult to live life being that perpetually.....angry!

.....most will not be Hearts fans but fans of other teams wanting to stir things up!

18 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Seriously, just think on what you are actually saying now. This has leaped way over the boundaries of any sort of logic. 

You don’t have any grounds to disagree with the statement made. It is indeed a statement of fact where opinions are of no relevance in this particular case.

You must be looking for a reaction, or attention or something else. For your sake, I really hope you are. 

Can’t count to 3 and don’t understand the word ‘fact’, yet attempt to lecture on the use of logic? 

21 minutes ago, Independence said:

.....most will not be Hearts fans but fans of other teams wanting to stir things up!

As no genuine Hearts fan would be concerned by 1 league win in 9 under the new manager?

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’ve criticised Levein myself. Some situations such as giving Doyle a contract extension or losing 5-0 to Livingston could not be defended. I was quite often pointing out that 6th and three trips to Hampden was actually not too bad a season. Something this nightmare is highlighting week on week.

You are implying that had your favourite Levein still been in charge we'd be pushing for top six right now :laugh:

He's the ****ing reason we're in this mess and left us broken at the bottom!

1 minute ago, kila said:

You are implying that had your favourite Levein still been in charge we'd be pushing for top six right now :laugh:

He's the ****ing reason we're in this mess and left us broken at the bottom!

We don’t have the players to play Stendel’s system, especially against the bottom six teams. We do have the players to play Levein’s system. If Levein had been in charge with Naismith, Walker, Washington, Souttar and Halkett all fit, in my opinion we would have taken more points. If we can survive the season I think Stendel can be very successful with his own players brought it. Currently it’s a disaster.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We don’t have the players to play Stendel’s system, especially against the bottom six teams. We do have the players to play Levein’s system. If Levein had been in charge with Naismith, Walker, Washington, Souttar and Halkett all fit, in my opinion we would have taken more points. If we can survive the season I think Stendel can be very successful with his own players brought it. Currently it’s a disaster.

:rofl:

Big Slim Stylee

As no genuine Hearts fan would be concerned by 1 league win in 9 under the new manager?

I wasn’t including you in that! Will if you want though😀

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t count to 3 and don’t understand the word ‘fact’, yet attempt to lecture on the use of logic? 

@Mr Elwood P You've skipped over @GinRummy's question which is a good valid one wouldn't you say? 

:rofl::rofl:

25 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

@Mr Elwood P You've skipped over @GinRummy's question which is a good valid one wouldn't you say? 

He can lecture on counting and the understanding of words, but cant read a simple question, interesting contrast there.

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Which question?

The one below. 

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Indeed with those players fit , you can say its a coin toss if we would have taken more points , thats fair. However , one of the biggest problems we had with Levein was a lack of cohesion , responsibility , direction and organisation on the pitch it was be attritional and hope we score. Even Levein is very much behind Stendel and the direction he is going the general feeling of fans is positive even with the lack of points as we can all see a structure an idea and a purpose with how the players are set up. 

If you are saying Stendel's tenure has been a disaster I don’t agree at all. However I think you are at it....

Edited by sadj

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The one below. 

Stendel has released a bunch of players and brought in four new players. He’s playing Moore and Henderson ahead of players who can score more goals and create more chances. He’s also playing a goalkeeper who can’t save shots ahead of one who on occasion can.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed with those players fit , you can say its a coin toss if we would have taken more points , thats fair. However , one of the biggest problems we had with Levein was a lack of cohesion , responsibility , direction and organisation on the pitch it was be attritional and hope we score. Even Levein is very much behind Stendel and the direction he is going the general feeling of fans is positive even with the lack of points as we can all see a structure an idea and a purpose with how the players are set up. 

If you are saying Stendel's tenure has been a disaster I don’t agree at all. However I think you are at it....

Would even the most negative of posters have predicted one win in nine?  Not sure which part isn’t a disaster? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stendel has released a bunch of players and brought in four new players. He’s playing Moore and Henderson ahead of players who can score more goals and create more chances. He’s also playing a goalkeeper who can’t save shots ahead of one who on occasion can.

You are seriously having a laugh with that answer.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

You are seriously having a laugh with that answer.

You don’t think Zlamal, Walker and Meshino or Washington being on the park would improve us?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You don’t think Zlamal, Walker and Meshino or Washington being on the park would improve us?

You didnt answer the question though, but nice try at avoidance.

CL of course was faultless with ALL his selections that fitted his system perfectly.

Woud be interested to hear what CL's system (singular) was, it appeared to change week by week?

DS has brought in 4 players during a notoriously difficult window. CL brought in 30, 40 50??? lost count of the duds.

It is clearly his legacy and no amount of avoidance on your part will shift the blame to a man trying to sweep up his mess, with most of the broken tools he left.

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Have you shown one single bit of support toward the new manager? You’re also beginning to bore people to death with your stuck record routine.

5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

36 year old Chris Burke was only rampaging towards goal because of the high line though? Joel culpable for not making the save, Stendel culpable for tactics that create so many chances. If we go to Parkhead with the same tactics the scoreline could be into double figures!

Rampaging?

🤣 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Have you shown one single bit of support toward the new manager? You’re also beginning to bore people to death with your stuck record routine.

Think most of us who have eyes can see the improvement in

Attitude

Movement

Forward passing

Belief

Goal threat.

It's like night and day compared to what's been served up.

Not sure but didnt mr p back Levein to the bitter end.

14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You didnt answer the question though, but nice try at avoidance.

CL of course was faultless with ALL his selections that fitted his system perfectly.

Woud be interested to hear what CL's system (singular) was, it appeared to change week by week?

DS has brought in 4 players during a notoriously difficult window. CL brought in 30, 40 50??? lost count of the duds.

It is clearly his legacy and no amount of avoidance on your part will shift the blame to a man trying to sweep up his mess, with most of the broken tools he left.

Mr p loses credibility with every post.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Think most of us who have eyes can see the improvement in

Attitude

Movement

Forward passing

Belief

Goal threat.

It's like night and day compared to what's been served up.

Not sure but didnt mr p back Levein to the bitter end.

Improvement in everything apart from the only thing that actually matters, winning football matches.

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes, I bet Hearts to win 2-1 against Rangers ...

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Improvement in everything apart from the only thing that actually matters, winning football matches.

Making an absolute erse of yourself.

He inherited a team that had won 5 times in a year.

Couldnt score .

Riddled with a losing mentality.

Our game at Perth under Levein led us to comments that the players were scared to go forward.

Now see the difference.

Dont know why you felt inclined to back the previous shit and are down on what's obvious to everyone a massive improvement.

Betting on a match means nowt by the way.

3 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Making an absolute erse of yourself.

By questioning a manager who has won his one league game since May 2019 and has been sacked from both of his previous managerial positions? What makes people so insistent that he is going to be a success? Wednesday night will be very interesting. Let’s see what an all out attack achieves against a decent Europa League team who scoring for fun ...

4 minutes ago, jake said:

He inherited a team that had won 5 times in a year.

Couldnt score .

Riddled with a losing mentality.

Our game at Perth under Levein led us to comments that the players were scared to go forward.

Now see the difference.

Dont know why you felt inclined to back the previous shit and are down on what's obvious to everyone a massive improvement.

Betting on a match means nowt by the way.

We lost 3-2 and 2-3 to Aberdeen and Motherwell respectively this season under Levein. Was he applauded for having a go and leaving huge space for the opposition attacking players?

Psychedelicropcircle
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Some of those 9 games with your hero’s players. Small details in your mind I guess.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

By questioning a manager who has won his one league game since May 2019 and has been sacked from both of his previous managerial positions? What makes people so insistent that he is going to be a success? Wednesday night will be very interesting. Let’s see what an all out attack achieves against a decent Europa League team who scoring for fun ...

We lost 3-2 and 2-3 to Aberdeen and Motherwell respectively this season under Levein. Was he applauded for having a go and leaving huge space for the opposition attacking players?

Will Wednesday night not achieve exactly the same thing as every time levein went to Celtic park as manager? I’m hoping we might actually try to win rather than accept defeat before a ball is kicked. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Will Wednesday night not achieve exactly the same thing as every time levein went to Celtic park as manager? I’m hoping we might actually try to win rather than accept defeat before a ball is kicked. 

I think it’s more likely to end in an absolute pummelling. We can’t implement the system effectively against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, going to be a disaster at Parkhead. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein had obviously lost whatever management mojo he had in his earlier jobs, and crucially he'd completely lost the majority of the support. We should never have appointed him on such a long contract because he didn't really want to be a manager again, and the players and fans probably picked up on that. He should have been caretaker on a rolling contract while we looked for a long term guy.

During the injury crisis, he should have rallied the fans to get behind the fit players and trusted youngsters more to dig us out of the hole instead go hiring the likes of Damour and Whelan.

Whatever the results so far, Stendel has made a much better fist of motivating players, making tough decisions about the likes of Berra, putting faith in youngsters and getting fans to back the club again. It might not be enough but he at least sees that to get out of this spot we need to try to take the game to the opposition much more. 

I think it’s more likely to end in an absolute pummelling. We can’t implement the system effectively against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, going to be a disaster at Parkhead. 

Wasn’t what I was saying. We always get beat at Parkhead. You’ve not picked a very good fixture to use as an example. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wasn’t what I was saying. We always get beat at Parkhead. You’ve not picked a very good fixture to use as an example. 

Folk were always critical of Levein for not having a go in Glasgow. It will be interesting to see what having a go actually achieves. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

replied to wrong person

Edited by ToqueJambo

Folk were always critical of Levein for not having a go in Glasgow. It will be interesting to see what having a go actually achieves. 

Why will it be interesting. We’ll still lose. You think it’s better to sit back and get beat than have a go and get beat. What difference does it make?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

After promotion, Neilson probably made the best fist of Celtic games at Parkhead out of the last few managers. Got a draw in one game and took the game to them in the other when Oshaniwa got sent off. In the cup and at Tynecastle we did OK, without getting the wins Levein got. I can't remember what his overall approach was though. I think we tried wing backs with some success. Definitely taking the game to Celtic is the answer so I'm cautiously optimistic, and would be very optimistic if the game was at home. I backed Levein a lot but no-one can excuse his record in Glasgow. It frustrated me in his first spell as manager too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, GinRummy said:

Why will it be interesting. We’ll still lose. You think it’s better to sit back and get beat than have a go and get beat. What difference does it make?

Goal difference? confidence? If we lose 7-0 or something similar that’s not going to help anything is it?

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

After promotion, Neilson probably made the best fist of Celtic games at Parkhead out of the last few managers. Got a draw in one game and took the game to them in the other when Oshaniwa got sent off. In the cup and at Tynecastle we did OK, without getting the wins Levein got. I can't remember what his overall approach was though. I think we tried wing backs with some success. Definitely taking the game to Celtic is the answer so I'm cautiously optimistic, and would be very optimistic if the game was at home.

Stendel already had a home game against Celtic? Didn’t lay a glove on them. Did brilliantly against Rangers though ... 

Goal difference? confidence? If we lose 7-0 or something similar that’s not going to help anything is it?

We got emptied 5-0 there last season. You think we should sit back and just keep the score down to 2 or 3?

Guest ToqueJambo

As we saw against Rangers, Stendel's approach is actually better suited to playing teams willing to play football out from the back, like Celtic. Famous last words...

Guest ToqueJambo

Stendel already had a home game against Celtic? Didn’t lay a glove on them. Did brilliantly against Rangers though ... 

It was his second game FFS! No Naismith. McLean and Wighton were leading the line. Halkett was just back. We actually started well and played a good 30 min spell at least. That game also marked Clare's first game at RB under Stendel when he came on for Brandon.