Sportsound Monday

beaver

Thought Police
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep... we can't have anyone standing up to the old firm now can we? Simply won't be tolerated.

There’s standing up to them, and there’s accusing people with no evidence to back it up. He could have said he didn’t believe that Morelos gets worse treatment, or is treated harshly, but he went in two footed in a personal attack (which is his forté) with nothing to protect him if legal action is taken.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• Under the floodlight

• ...a bit disco

40 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The two faces of James Traynor

See that succulent lamb? By the looks of the state of this nasty piece of work. he had a whole one and not just a cutlet...

8 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

There’s standing up to them, and there’s accusing people with no evidence to back it up. He could have said he didn’t believe that Morelos gets worse treatment, or is treated harshly, but he went in two footed in a personal attack (which is his forté) with nothing to protect him if legal action is taken.

Spot on. Or he could have dug into his hunch. He could've gotten an actual, journalistic scoop by doing what's supposedly his job--being a journalist--and doing some investigative work. Then backed up his two footed personal attack with facts he'd armed himself with by actually working instead of being a lazy, reactionary pundit with the credibility of a phone-in caller.

58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The two faces of James Traynor

I watched an episode of a show called Religion of Sport that was on Netflix a couple year ago. He stated in that, the new club thing was ridiculous too. Welt of a man.

Jim Traynor hasn't always been very diligent when it comes to declaring his earnings for the purpose of paying the correct amount of tax.     Other people have assisted him in discovering some omissions.    Aaaaaallegedly.

16 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

You are, of course, correct 👍... and I'm no fan of MS. I do , however, feel that the OF should be challenged more or 'stood up to' in the media in general. The bias towards the OF is embarrassing.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

You are, of course, correct 👍... and I'm no fan of MS. I do , however, feel that the OF should be challenged more or 'stood up to' in the media in general. The bias towards the OF is embarrassing.

I think (hope) we all agree that should happen, because the bias is an absolute joke. But it's gotta be done in the right way, when chipping away at something that entrenched and far-reaching.

Under the floodlight

Just looked at BBC website regarding this story can't see any mention of it. Seems strange as they usually have some related story from the previous night. Has anybody else seen anything on the bbc?

53 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Traynor was in the employ of Sevco while still employed by the bbc and DR. Fact.

An employee or freelancer doing work for all three? 

27 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Spot on. Or he could have dug into his hunch. He could've gotten an actual, journalistic scoop by doing what's supposedly his job--being a journalist--and doing some investigative work. Then backed up his two footed personal attack with facts he'd armed himself with by actually working instead of being a lazy, reactionary pundit with the credibility of a phone-in caller.

But that's what he is - a lazy, reactionary pundit. He's not a journalist.

16 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Just looked at BBC website regarding this story can't see any mention of it. Seems strange as they usually have some related story from the previous night. Has anybody else seen anything on the bbc?

Story on the DR online hitting back at Stewart's accusations.  Media machine well and truly up and running on this one.

Under the floodlight
4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Story on the DR online hitting back at Stewart's accusations.  Media machine well and truly up and running on this one.

Many times discussing our problems on sportsound their pundits or presenters asked a question about Hearts, the next day Bbc Scotland website had it reported as news.

Funny that one of their pundits actually became news and they haven't reported it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-stewarts-bbc-sportsound-rant-21426802

Daily Ranger calling Bull on the Brake story claimed by MS. 

So who did publish a story about Brake tampering?

It seems every publication made mention of it one way or another. The Daily Record certainly did. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Update

Sorry if this has been covered,  but I noticed the podcast of last nights sport sound isn't up on bbc sounds as it normally is... any reason for that??

Tonight’s Sportsound  will be well worth a listen, unless it’s pulled too!!!

Edited by Dannie Boy

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Michael Stewart is about to find out, he doesnt have as many friends in the Scottish media as he thought.

He may we’ll be hung out to dry but it’s about time the Scottish Media had their cages rattled. They are so Glasgow centric and have tasted the now badly over cooked lamb for too long. 

Under the floodlight
11 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Here’s a Daily Ranger edition referencing the Brakes being tampered with!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-alfredo-morelos-claims-my-21423944

“According to VBar de Caracol Radio the striker thinks the person was trying to sabotage his car by tampering with the brakes.”

Thanks for that, the link you provided has put their claim they didn't print the story in dispute. They seem to have got the story from a spanish language radio station,but they have never the less printed it.

...a bit disco

The Daily Record are looking for an apology?

From their original article (which, seemingly, has been 'corrected' since)...

IMG_20200204_144343.jpg.1cacca77b6221a94f84d3423ea3c9be9.jpg

Edited by ...a bit disco

10 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Thanks for that, the link you provided has put their claim they didn't print the story in dispute. They seem to have got the story from a spanish language radio station,but they have never the less printed it.

Hope MS is taking screenshots.

As much as I dislike the guy I couldn’t help but smile all through last nights show. Excellent that someone has been brave enough to say what we all already know. Sad that he’ll be hung drawn and quartered for it. Then again, it’s only Michael Stewart...

Edited by Squirt

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Hope MS is taking screenshots.

As much as I dislike the guy I couldn’t help but smile all through last nights show. Excellent that someone has been brave enough to say what we all already know. Sad that he’ll be hung drawn and quartered for it. Then again, it’s only Michael Stewart...

For anyone who still hasn’t managed to have a listen here’s a twitter thread that includes everything;

That's exactly what he needs to do, I am not a fan of his either but I think it's important these organizations are called out and people save/document what they have said before they alter it.

39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Michael Stewart is about to find out, he doesnt have as many friends in the Scottish media as he thought.

He will become the Stephen Ward of Scottish Football 

( one for the history books, or if you watched the recent BBC drama on the Profumo affair)

I fear MS will be hung out to dry, the old firm biased media will drop him as they did with Jim Spence when he also spoke out against Rangers, make no mistake the Glasgow based media will circle the wagons, Stewart’s name will be toxic

Edited by jbee647

10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

watched the recent BBC drama on the Profumo affair

Off topic, but that was a cracking drama. 

If you listen to that pod cast link posted above you can see and hear why MS is angry. He has had messages about being complicit in attempted murder. That’s some serious accusations going on right there. 
The Daily Record if not being fed that line certainly went out for a takeaway meal and regurgitated the tit bits in the link I posted above. Obfuscation and denial after the fact I’d say.

Edited by Dannie Boy

58 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

The Daily Record are looking for an apology?

From their original article (which, seemingly, has been 'corrected' since)...

IMG_20200204_144343.jpg.1cacca77b6221a94f84d3423ea3c9be9.jpg

Absolute scumbags!!

Traynor set his attack dogs to work and they're being exposed for the liars they are!

Stewart spot on, BBC pet hun McIntyre desperate to play the victim card for Rangers and Morelos and SFA guy trying to say they are fair to both Rangers and Celtic by referencing Leigh Griffiths. To be fair the SFA are even handed with the old firm at the expense of all other sides. 

Mikey Stewart not playing ball more power to his elbow.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

SectionDJambo

For all that I think Michael Stewart maybe allowed himself to lose the thread of his argument, probably due to McInytre panicking about offending Rangers and Traynor, this episode will show why the media are afraid to criticise the way both the old firm operate.  They go on about alleged racism, but say nothing about the sectarianism, which is rife in both clubs. 

The media organisations employ previous players from these bigoted clubs, who then sweep every incidence of sectarianism, that spews from their supporters, under a big carpet. They actually revel in the unique atmosphere that bigotry creates.

Sectarianism is a far bigger problem, in Scottish football, than racism, yet nothing looks like ever being done about the main 2 sources of it. This, despite UEFA having recognised it a few times recently.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

For all that I think Michael Stewart maybe allowed himself to lose the thread of his argument, probably due to McInytre panicking about offending Rangers and Traynor, this episode will show why the media are afraid to criticise the way both the old firm operate.  They go on about alleged racism, but say nothing about the sectarianism, which is rife in both clubs. 

The media organisations employ previous players from these bigoted clubs, who then sweep every incidence of sectarianism, that spews from their supporters, under a big carpet. They actually revel in the unique atmosphere that bigotry creates.

Sectarianism is a far bigger problem, in Scottish football, than racism, yet nothing looks like ever being done about the main 2 sources of it. This, despite UEFA having recognised it a few times recently.

:spoton:

Bridge of Djoum
21 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Darrell what’s his name is come across as a grade A Rangers dick.

The biggest “Rangers” and SFA apologist out there. A true waste of oxygen, 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ll miss Michael trying to sound intelligent on the radio. 

I got very confused listening to it as he tripped over yet another garbled sentence.

Apology issued to James Traynor.

"Did not follow editorial guidlines" and everyone on show reminded. Referred to him not being on show.

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

"Did not follow editorial guidlines" and everyone on show reminded. Referred to him not being on show.

Was it done louder than the MacPhee apology? 

Guest ToqueJambo

Interesting that personal attacks on the likes of McPhee and Levein (months of them in Levein's case) - totally fine, eventually an apology for one of them days later. Levein's never had one. Podcast available to all.

Attack on one of their own - instant apology and podcast not available.

What a horrible media we have.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Doubt that will be the end of the matter somehow!

Editorial imbalance and no right of reply... the question that should be asked is will they invite Jim Traynor on to give his side of the story.

Under the floodlight

Sounds like MS got his knuckles rapped

Although moved on even quicker than they did after the Austin MacPhee apology..

Pathetic but predictable from BBC. apology issued to Traynor as not there to defend himself. That's rich when a rake off others never get chance to defend themselves, especially HMRC. Vlad was correct all along.