Sportsound Monday

beaver

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Every celtic fan I know couldn't give a shit about ireland or their songs. Near enough every rangers fan I know spout their crap about the UDA the queen and FTP.

Yeah only a tiny majority of Celtic fans sing pish about the IRA, it's just that the ones that do have very loud voices !! 

I'll repeat, they are as equally loathsome as each other.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• Under the floodlight

• ...a bit disco

8 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Yeah only a tiny majority of Celtic fans sing pish about the IRA, it's just that the ones that do have very loud voices !! 

I'm sure we can all remember times where the whole of the Celtic end were singing oo ah up the 'ra. 

To say they couldn't give a shit about 'all that' is just nonsense. They properly buzz on it. Pieces of shit to a man and if they really hated all the IRA shite they'd support another side.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I'm sure we can all remember times where the whole of the Celtic end were singing oo ah up the 'ra. 

To say they couldn't give a shit about 'all that' is just nonsense. They properly buzz on it. Pieces of shit to a man and if they really hated all the IRA shite they'd support another side.

About five seconds before Forrest's goal at Murrayfield--I was sat in the opposite corner from that goal, and it was clear as day.

It is a significant--not a small--minority. Spot on.

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Every celtic fan I know couldn't give a shit about ireland or their songs. Near enough every rangers fan I know spout their crap about the UDA the queen and FTP.

Another one fallen for their PR ☹️

58 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

I'm not saying it's only a tiny minority who sing they songs I can only speak for the ones I know, and between the OF fans I know it's the rangers that are the worst. But I do know a hell of a lot more gers fans compared to Celtic here in Ayrshire.

3 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I'm not saying it's only a tiny minority who sing they songs I can only speak for the ones I know, and between the OF fans I know it's the rangers that are the worst. But I do know a hell of a lot more gers fans compared to Celtic here in Ayrshire.

You are a lucky man with the Celtic fans you know! Having gone through Catholic School the vast majority of my mates are Celtic fans. I would say only 1 or 2 of them don't spout the IRA stuff. Bloody torture in the WhatsApp group when we play them

Spiers on twitter mentions it without mentioning it. Sports journos have no bottle up here do they.

Edited by hawaii

Glamorgan Jambo

Stewart thrives on being controversial and a bit of a motormouth.

However when the story about Morelos's brake tampering appeared all over the press last week it struck me as the most obvious squirrel (distraction) ever from something. Very clearly something happened and it was the subject of a police investigation. Why Traynor and Rangers felt they had to get ahead of the narrative escapes me. They've ended up looking stupid.

It likely suits both Traynor (in terms of billable hours) and King (to avoid more detailed scrutiny of some of his actions) for there to be this semi permanent war between Sevco and everyone else for the time being. Whether it will suit the apparently imminent new figurehead at Ibrox remains to be seen. Traynor has got what he wanted out of der Hun, close to 10 years of regular fee income for mostly barely literate rants, and access to the directors box so I suspect he'll quietly drift off the scene shortly.

The reaction of the others in the Sportsound studio was a combination of fear of the BBC/Rangers relationship and a large element of sycophancy from the studio Huns.

Just now, RobboM said:

The Herald now reporting that BBC Scotland is not releasing the podcast version of the programme. Have Rangers got to them?

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18209058.bbc-sportsounds-michael-stewart-rants-rangers-jim-traynor/

If it is Rangers then its a massive PR disaster, more people will want to listen to banned content rather than just putting it out their and passing it off as Michael Stewart's opinion.

11 minutes ago, Miko said:

You are a lucky man with the Celtic fans you know! Having gone through Catholic School the vast majority of my mates are Celtic fans. I would say only 1 or 2 of them don't spout the IRA stuff. Bloody torture in the WhatsApp group when we play them

I was in the Army with two of my celtic mates and they would never sing that stuff but I still get called a mini hun when we play them. Rangers mates call me a "plastic proddy" because I'm not "Staunch" 

Brick Tamland

Michael Stewart saying what most people think about Sevco and Jim Traynor. 

Disgraceful, but not a surprise, if BBC don't release it. It shows just how poor the main stream Scottish media is and why it can't be trusted.

It seems to be bringing out some folks true colours on here....

For the record I despise Celtic and Sevco equally and wouldn't even think about sticking up for either of them.

**** them both. 

Thought Stewart played it pretty well.

He didn't say Traynor fed the story but then a little later what doesn't help is Traynor and his tactics.

For Traynor to take it further journalists would have to 'testify*' that he doesn't feed them er, pish.

Not that it would go to court.

Edited by DETTY29

Michael Stewart might not have bothered. But bear in mind he got abuse on social media with people accusing him of endangering Morelos. 

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Traynor won't take this lying down. I can see Stewart being suspended from the BBC for this regardless of whether it's true. Credit to him for saying what he believes to be true but he is probably unwise in how he's done it. Unfortunately for him, Traynor and Rangers have far more clout than Levein when he started slating him.

Traynor is nothing but a bully , a paid bully at that. Last year when the bollocks about the mega transfer deal to China

(Morelos again ?) was proven to be just that - one journo contacted the Chinese club who adamantly denied the whole story.

Traynor was told this to his face and exploded with rage, forbid any journo to raise the matter in any interview. There are photos of it all over the internet. IIRC , the BBC made an apology for this - even tho their guy was right & Traynor was proven to be lying about the whole thing. 

Now we have a situation where a club employee has allegedly had his car tampered with and according to Sky , it was Rangers who made the complaint to the police (although Sky didn't have the nouse to ask why Rangers made the complaint ) . Now,  who at Rangers would do such a thing - Traynor ?  And if Rangers did not contact the police to make a complaint, who leaked the bullshitstory  to Sky - Traynor ? 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

OOOhhhhhhhhhhhh............

He is simply jumping in and kicking Traynor when he is down. Where has his and the rest of the complicit medias outrage been prior to this? Called him on it 

What we could do with media that don't pander to said blowhards while towing the party line. There has been plenty of opportunity to shine a light on this or do some actual investigative journalism before @mstewart_23 dropped thie truth, you are simply hopping on the  bandwagon

I think it's likely that Rangers are looking to maximise the negative personal stories around Morelos, so as to create a more sympathetic narrative when the club sells him to China.

7 minutes ago, Darren said:

Sums Stewart up perfectly. Comes in, guns blazing, mouth running and without sorting any of his facts, in addition to not having done his journalistic due diligence to confirm his suspicions that the story about the brakes had been fed to the media by Traynor.

It's all well and good to say he's said what we're all thinking and what we all know is abundantly true. It's another thing entirely when you're dealing with an entrenched establishment to **** it up this royally.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Michael Stewart might not have bothered. But bear in mind he got abuse on social media with people accusing him of endangering Morelos. 

The problem with Morelos is Morelos himself and the LENIENCY shown towards him by match officials and because of it he doesn't learn.

Game last year when Morelos scores against us and gesticulates with fans, to an extent not that bothered.

But turning round again and giving it the 'up yours' is a clear yellow, verging on red.

But because of the way he has been jumping into Berra without looking at the ball, Madden knew he would eventually have to book him so as a pro Rangers ref decides not to at the 'up yours'.  Morelos eventually gets booked leading to Levein's 'silly laddie' claim.

4 days later, Morelos sent off against Aberdeen for what was 2 yellows but really should have been yellow then red.

Annoys crap out of me.

6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I think it's likely that Rangers are looking to maximise the negative personal stories around Morelos, so as to create a more sympathetic narrative when the club sells him to China.

The Daily Record are reporting that the Coronavirus was started by the Green Brigade in an attempt to scupper a £60M transfer.

The crux of it:

The BBC refused to publish the podcast of Monday night’s Sportsound programme after pundit Michael Stewart made false claims about The Daily Record .

The former Hearts and Hibs player inaccurately claimed during the edition that this newspaper had published a story reporting the brakes of Alfredo Morelos’ car had been tampered with.

Those claims were published by another newspaper, not The Daily Record .

Captain Sausage

Ive not followed this too closely, but if my understanding of the situation is correct then it’s pretty monumental. 

Rangers are potentially silencing are national broadcaster over bad PR. Our national broadcaster is complicit in its silence. 

Before I dive in with the above being fact, would be good if someone could tell my how I’m misunderstanding the situation. 

Brick Tamland
1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Ive not followed this too closely, but if my understanding of the situation is correct then it’s pretty monumental. 

Rangers are potentially silencing are national broadcaster over bad PR. Our national broadcaster is complicit in its silence. 

Before I dive in with the above being fact, would be good if someone could tell my how I’m misunderstanding the situation. 

I don't think you are misunderstanding it, the impartial national broadcaster the BBC appear to have shat it from Sevco 

Samuel Camazzola

Very good stuff from Stewart. He's a lot more listenable when he's measured and not getting flustered and tied up with his agenda with CL. 

MacIntyre was a disgace as a host and his comments about JT not being there to defend himself. None of their other usual subjects are there to provide defence when pot shots are fired. 

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

The crux of it:

The BBC refused to publish the podcast of Monday night’s Sportsound programme after pundit Michael Stewart made false claims about The Daily Record .

The former Hearts and Hibs player inaccurately claimed during the edition that this newspaper had published a story reporting the brakes of Alfredo Morelos’ car had been tampered with.

Those claims were published by another newspaper, not The Daily Record .

Hmmm... actually sounds as if the beeb are trying to protect(?) the daily ranker? At least, that's how it reads to me. How do they know the beeb are refusing to post it?... have they told the daily ranker? 

Not the type of behavior you would expect from impartial, national media outlets. Cough cough.

SectionDJambo

I’m all for a Michael Stewart having a go at Rangers, and Celtic for that matter, but, having listened to the “discussion”, he has allowed himself to let his personal feelings kind of distort his point again, I think. 
He seems to have reacted to being mentioned, somewhat sinisterly,  in social media, by Rangers fans, by allowing himself to go off on tangents, which kind of muddled his justified argument that Traynor is, probably, feeding the press snippets to feed the worst elements of those fans. This has caused him to make a factual error, it seems, which has now given the BBC the opportunity to refuse to podcast the show, and Traynor to be able to say that these inaccuracies are consistent with how Rangers are perceived in the press.

Traynor and whoever represents Celtic, seem to regard good PR as being hostile to any suggestion of criticism and hoping that the spectre of mob rule will silence such criticism. It usually works.

Brick Tamland
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20200204_120702.jpg

The clearance on that car is 135mm I'm assuming the guy who was hiding under it must be built like Hen Broon

Edited by Brick Tamland

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

I’m all for a Michael Stewart having a go at Rangers, and Celtic for that matter, but, having listened to the “discussion”, he has allowed himself to let his personal feelings kind of distort his point again, I think. 
He seems to have reacted to being mentioned, somewhat sinisterly,  in social media, by Rangers fans, by allowing himself to go off on tangents, which kind of muddled his justified argument that Traynor is, probably, feeding the press snippets to feed the worst elements of those fans. This has caused him to make a factual error, it seems, which has now given the BBC the opportunity to refuse to podcast the show, and Traynor to be able to say that these inaccuracies are consistent with how Rangers are perceived in the press.

Traynor and whoever represents Celtic, seem to regard good PR as being hostile to any suggestion of criticism and hoping that the spectre of mob rule will silence such criticism. It usually works.

Exactly. Rather than do his ****ing job, do some investigative journalism, in response to those sinster remarks on social media, he does nothing but rant. He gets his facts wrong, giving the establishment and BBC plausible deniability in not publishing the podcast--that they're defending themselves against legal action. And then yes, as you say all of this can be used by Traynor to continue to paint the "Rangers are victims" cult narrative.

He's shit the bed, as only Michael Stewart could.

7 hours ago, The Brow said:

Can someone start a thread where all the folk who don't live with/see their kids can boast about how little they pay for their kids upkeep? 

Ta x 

Pretty sure none of us said we pay very little for our kids upkeep just greedy ex’s tried to get more and found out they’d been getting a far better deal than they were entitled too.

Brighton Jambo
27 minutes ago, Bozi said:

He is simply jumping in and kicking Traynor when he is down. Where has his and the rest of the complicit medias outrage been prior to this? Called him on it 

What we could do with media that don't pander to said blowhards while towing the party line. There has been plenty of opportunity to shine a light on this or do some actual investigative journalism before @mstewart_23 dropped thie truth, you are simply hopping on the  bandwagon

That’s better than sitting back and letting Stewart become a lone voice that gets destroyed.  Good on graham Spiers for wading in and sticking the boot in I say. 

Does anyone else feel as if there is something else going on here? I mean, something big.... all this spin and lies around Morelos (and the Kamberi loan to a degree). To me, it all seems 'intentional' as if trying to mask the bigger story? Call it a hunch. Early on in this thread someone alluded to major financial problems about to come out. Trying to sell Morelos with the imminent first installment of Kents fee etc. etc.... maybe something in it?

Under the floodlight

Why in the Daily Record piece about Michael Stewarts inaccurate comment about the Daily Record  reporting the brake tampering story, did the DR not name the paper who did print that story.I thought journalists would inform their readers as a matter of course.

15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Hmmm... actually sounds as if the beeb are trying to protect(?) the daily ranker? At least, that's how it reads to me. How do they know the beeb are refusing to post it?... have they told the daily ranker? 

Not the type of behavior you would expect from impartial, national media outlets. Cough cough.

They're protecting themselves because Michael Stewart has ran his mouth and accused the Daily Record of doing a load of stuff it hasn't.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

They're protecting themselves because Michael Stewart has ran his mouth and accused the Daily Record of doing a load of stuff it hasn't.

Traynor was in the employ of Sevco while still employed by the bbc and DR. Fact.

Luscious Laryea
48 minutes ago, Darren said:

Worth noting the article only mentions the part about the brakes being tampered with as inaccurate - completely irrelevant in the scheme of things. The simple fact is the Daily Record reported the story originally which, as it's turning out, is total fabrication.

Also the BBC predictably have ignored both the car incident and last night's Sportsound comments and have posted a story about Morelos being the target of racist abuse. Nice and handy in terms of timing that this issue is around to divert attention from the lies of last week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51368596

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

I realise that, my point was how the paragraph 'read'. The DR have stated the bbc 'refused to air...... after false claims against DR'. I should perhaps of also implied the Traynor connections to all media outlets concerned ie. working for DR, BBC and now Rangers. There's a common theme here that is Rangers 'centric'... but we all knew that!

Not really explained myself well here, apologies , it just seems all parties have each others backs... but this appears to be gathering momentum and none of them are coming out of it looking good.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ll miss Michael trying to sound intelligent on the radio. 

Yep... we can't have anyone standing up to the old firm now can we? Simply won't be tolerated.