Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• Under the floodlight

• ...a bit disco

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Couldn't lace either MacKay or Brenner's

Boots. Scott Brown. A poor man's Graeme Souness.

Brown should never be mentioned in footballing terms in the same sentence as Souness. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Brown should never be mentioned in footballing terms in the same sentence as Souness. 

With the exception being that they were both equals as far as thuggery and cowardice on the football pitch.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Coolio said:

With the exception being that they were both equals as far as thuggery and cowardice on the football pitch.

Whilst Souness didn't exactly cover himself in glory when at ibrox he was without question a magnificent football player. 

54 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Whilst Souness didn't exactly cover himself in glory when at ibrox he was without question a magnificent football player. 

He was. Added to that he was a great leader and other players were desperate to play along side him.

Sadly the days of country before club appear to be a distant memory with numerous players picking and choosing when they are available thereby making the National team manager's job very difficult. A quality player/leader captaining the team can make others want to play also.

11 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A very insignificant little man who was fortunate enough to sign for celtic"    and be pretty well liked by the managers hes played under " unlikeable as he is !

jack D and coke
On 07/02/2020 at 10:00, Coolio said:

I find it impossible to feel anything positive towards Celtic.

They have "called this out' not for the greater good of football but to further their personal gain as the 'Offended" club. The fact that they are right re the Morelos interview should not detract from the fact that they, as a club and their fans,  actively trawl the media/social media in search of reasons to be offended.

All day, every day their fan sites contain examples of such instances of, so called, injustice towards them, from bad refereeing decisions to claims of abuse of one type or another.

These same type of injustices 'we' (Hearts supporters) sadly accept as the norm, time after time after time, along the lines of "well, what can you do/expect", etc.

It is this acceptance, in the absolute knowledge that it is actually pointless complaining as such noise falls on deaf ears, that ensures the status quo remains the same with the Scottish game being about 2 teams and nothing else.

I wish nothing more than for Hearts to climb out of the current position we find ourselves in regarding our league position but make no mistake about it, in a very perverse way I am happy to have this distraction as it has gone a long way to distract me, in the main, from the constant OF coverage/media w@nkfest re The Rangers being back and therefore a Championship race being on again.

Applauding the actions of Celtic (or The Rangers) though, no, not for me. There's always an agenda which benefits them and them alone.

Correct. 
Celtic from terrace to boardroom are utter, utter filth.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Being cosseted by referees helped.

Also true, unfortunately 

I noticed that, even when he scored a tap in against Clyde, his first reaction is to get in the face of the defender who was marking him. 

He needs sorting. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Correct. 
Celtic from terrace to boardroom are utter, utter filth.

My best mate is a Celtic season ticket holder.  He's a great guy, supported his team through thick and thin and has no regard for an element of the Celtic support.  Is he utter filth?

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, EH11 said:

My best mate is a Celtic season ticket holder.  He's a great guy, supported his team through thick and thin and has no regard for an element of the Celtic support.  Is he utter filth?

Like everything in life not all bad. 
My point stands though that club is riddled. 
Utterly despise us too. 

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Not having a go but the thin bit is laughable. 

51 minutes ago, EH11 said:

yeah. 

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

An OF fans subjective experience, I guess when they are used to 'winning' x titles in a row, not winning for a short period is seen as a calamity.   Not unlike Sevco, they also weren't that far from going out of business. 

I don't like the duopoly and there is plenty to dislike about their spoiled nature but I don't subscribe to the 'utter filth' chat.  If anything, I've found the Rangers support to be worse, spat on, coins thrown and threatened in and around Ibrox. 

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Perhaps he supported Celtic when defunct Rangers were dominant in the Murray Fraud era?

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Perhaps he supported Celtic when defunct Rangers were dominant in the Murray Fraud era?

Probably and would that be time Fergus McCann came in?

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

This. Fantastic footballer who went south age 15 and played at the top in England and Italy before retiring to Scotland to kick people.

6 hours ago, EH11 said:

An OF fans subjective experience, I guess when they are used to 'winning' x titles in a row, not winning for a short period is seen as a calamity.   Not unlike Sevco, they also weren't that far from going out of business. 

I don't like the duopoly and there is plenty to dislike about their spoiled nature but I don't subscribe to the 'utter filth' chat.  If anything, I've found the Rangers support to be worse, spat on, coins thrown and threatened in and around Ibrox. 

Indeed , never been spat on by Celtic fans when going to take a corner have numerous times by Rangers fans. Had stuff thrown at me by both tbf😑

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

He is the PR guru

Just saying🤔

Indeed.

"Sources."

• 3 weeks later...
Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

43 minutes of Rangers Chat, 3 minutes of Hearts chat. 

GTF

Surely it wasn't a surprise to you? 

49 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

43 minutes of Rangers Chat, 3 minutes of Hearts chat. 

GTF

What was the chat? about their game in hand  and likely opponents in the europa cup final?

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

What was the chat? about their game in hand  and likely opponents in the europa cup final?

It was all about Gerrard and Morelos. 

1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

It was all about Gerrard and Morelos. 

Fantastic. I could enjoy an hour of that. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Was meant in a mocking way 

Yeah, I read it that way.

WhoTF would want to be in Cumbernauld?

😀

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

was mickey stewart on?

He was told he wasn't appearing tonight.

Given the subject matter, you can understand Traynors reasoning.

:whistling:

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Diplomatically put Michael Stewart.

Indeed.

Fat Jim can't argue with that.

...a bit disco
Just now, Hearts007 said:

That video underneath his tweet 😆

You're just Sevco in disguise.

:lol:

25 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

You mean the fictitious, made up suggestion Gerrard might resign. Which allowed them to spaff.

Doubt there was much tactical analysis though. 

SectionDJambo

If Rangers had a foreign manager, with the same level of profile and experience as Gerrard, he would have been hounded out by the Scottish/Glasgow football media before now.

What we are getting is poor Steven, how can he be expected to succeed with a multi million pounds squad. He never gets asked how he can’t get more out of his team against clubs with nothing like the financial clout of Rangers.
Long may the press fear of upsetting Rangers continue to mean he gets an easy ride.

Independence
On 11/02/2020 at 13:26, EH11 said:

..thin........my sides are sore!

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If Rangers had a foreign manager, with the same level of profile and experience as Gerrard, he would have been hounded out by the Scottish/Glasgow football media before now.

What we are getting is poor Steven, how can he be expected to succeed with a multi million pounds squad. He never gets asked how he can’t get more out of his team against clubs with nothing like the financial clout of Rangers.
Long may the press fear of upsetting Rangers continue to mean he gets an easy ride.

He's certainly living off the credibility earned in his playing career, no two ways about that. 

Long may it continue. 

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

100%

He would be getting hammered for tactical naivety, the signings, his lack of involvement in the signings. 

They would say that Gary McAllister is in charge and Gerrard is a puppet. That he can't handle Morelos and it's his fault the disciplinary issues. And so on. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

100%

He would be getting hammered for tactical naivety, the signings, his lack of involvement in the signings. 

They would say that Gary McAllister is in charge and Gerrard is a puppet. That he can't handle Morelos and it's his fault the disciplinary issues. And so on. 

His signings have been weird. I assumed a big reason they gave Gerrard the job was his name could attract players who would otherwise not consider Rangers. I'm sure some players were drawn to that, but maybe only Defoe falls into the category of someone who could have had his pick of a few clubs. His European run is also mostly down to Morales' goals.

Edited by ToqueJambo