Sportsound Monday

beaver

Willie Hamilton genius
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

The easy thing to do is not listen. Starve them of oxygen. Stewart said something worth listening to probably for the first time ever on the show and he’s silenced.

Pathetic. Yet there were people on the corruption thread suggestion it didn’t exist in Scottish football. Aye ok. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did he explain “why” they gave him a hard time?

That's my plan, never to listen to it again.

The fact that everyone on here contributes to Derek Ferguson's salary via the licence fee is mind blowing, so it is!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• Under the floodlight

• ...a bit disco

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It was quite a stark contrast to Dyer's appointment at Killie. He has even less experience than Stendel and is also not Scottish - two of the main criticisms of Stendel's appointment.

Very good point.

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

That's my plan, never to listen to it again.

The fact that everyone on here contributes to Derek Ferguson's salary via the licence fee is mind blowing, so it is!

I don't pay the licence fee, I just want to see good quality presenters and pundits who will enhance the Scottish game and affect change.

To be fair - and I know it's unfashionable! - that was OK tonight. Ferguson and McFadden basically talking about football and not all the nonsense that gets overly hyped and scrutinised by pundits who enjoy being the story rather than reporting on the story. And no high pitched rants and people talking over each other.

The bit about Hearts was pretty decent. They played clips from recent games and Stendel's interviews. They seemed reasonably well informed and complimentary about our players, old and new, and our new playing style. They said that the defending needs to improve but noted that both Souttar and Halkett are only just back from injury and Ferguson (I think) spoke about Halkett as a future Scotland player. Talked up Naismith's leadership and Boyce's quality and gave credit to both Sibbick and Irving. And admitted they were wrong to ask who? when Stendel was appointed.

It's more fun to stick the boot in but that was a pretty good listen.

5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

To be fair - and I know it's unfashionable! - that was OK tonight. Ferguson and McFadden basically talking about football and not all the nonsense that gets overly hyped and scrutinised by pundits who enjoy being the story rather than reporting on the story. And no high pitched rants and people talking over each other.

The bit about Hearts was pretty decent. They played clips from recent games and Stendel's interviews. They seemed reasonably well informed and complimentary about our players, old and new, and our new playing style. They said that the defending needs to improve but noted that both Souttar and Halkett are only just back from injury and Ferguson (I think) spoke about Halkett as a future Scotland player. Talked up Naismith's leadership and Boyce's quality and gave credit to both Sibbick and Irving. And admitted they were wrong to ask who? when Stendel was appointed.

Tuesdays with Kenny McIntyre are generally more sensible. 

He has something different. He doesn't look for controversy. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tuesdays with Kenny McIntyre are generally more sensible. 

He has something different. He doesn't look for controversy. 

He was on last night...

5 hours ago, SUTOL said:

An employee or freelancer doing work for all three? 

Pretty sure he was an employee of the DR and doing Freelance work for the other two. He later left the Record to go into the employ of Rangers.

Just look at Celtic's statement today - talking about racism as if bigotry is an entirely different topic...

17 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Nah, listening to that pair of thickos is torture. McFadden's monotone voice with no interesting insight into anything and Ferguson just thick as pigshit. They must have a 20 mins Scott Brown love in at least once a month.

Who's up next this week, McCall? Kenny Miller? Big Yogi? The only night worth listening to is Monday when Stewart and English are on. The rest of the week gets worse and worse

The decision by the BBC not to allow listeners to catch up with the programme on February 3rd on the BBC Sounds site sums up everything that is wrong with this country. The BBC have elected to go down the road of censorship which is everything that the BBC is supposed not to be. Whatever happened to free speech and freedom of expression.

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

The decision by the BBC not to allow listeners to catch up with the programme on February 3rd on the BBC Sounds site sums up everything that is wrong with this country. The BBC have elected to go down the road of censorship which is everything that the BBC is supposed not to be. Whatever happened to free speech and freedom of expression.

Their doing this in sport, what are they doing with the news?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Talking about Scott Brown and his immense influence on young players now.

Mind when Brown deliberately went out to crock 16 year old Cochrane for having the temerity to boss him in midfield, and who has never been the same player since that challenge.

I seem to recall that the media blamed Levein for that as he had picked a guy that was too young to handle the man’s game that is Scottish football.

7 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

It’s not great but maybe not sums up everything wrong with the country mate. 

Presume the breach in editorial guidelines was that it didn't give an equal 45% coverage to both Rangers and Celtic with 10% for the rest?

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It doesn't take a genius to work out why Dyer hasn't received the Stendel treatment. 

There have been many other more inexperienced managers hired in Scotland recently, who didn't receive that criticism, Dyer was just one that happened at the same time.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Presume the breach in editorial guidelines was that it didn't give an equal 45% coverage to both Rangers and Celtic with 10% for the rest?

I think a big red light flashes in the studio when an imbalance occurs. That's why what's his name hosting got so hot under the collar.

being 'treated' to the full exhoneration of the Griffiths stamp. Surprised the Hamilton player hasn't been cited for getting in his way. On top of that cheating ref its revolting whats happening, the game was a much better place when Rangers were punted down the leagues.

23 hours ago, Monsignor said:

They're still not keen on signing Catholic's.  Gerrard's wiki page used to describe him as a devout Catholic who married at some top notch Catholic venue, however, this was quickly removed when he was negotiating to become The Rangers manager.

Interestingly, Defoe's wiki page describes him as a practising Catholic.  He allegedly has a crucifix tattooed on one of his arms and that is why he always wears long sleeves at £brox to keep this covered up!

I wonder what the peepul think of that?

They know both are catholic .

I'm all for ripping into Rangers but this post is full of shite imo.

15 hours ago, The Brow said:

Can someone start a thread where all the folk who don't live with/see their kids can boast about how little they pay for their kids upkeep? 

Ta x 

Class

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

**** Griffiths, **** Brown, **** Jim pair of old Traynors, **** the BBC. 

Nice 👍🏽 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

That would be bizarre given how they've laid into McPhee, Levein and others recently.

And then went straight into some of them saying Leigh Griffiths should have had a red for a stamp  - surely by the logic they have applied there they can't make that alligation without Leigh being there to have a right to reply.

3 minutes ago, Biko said:

And then went straight into some of them saying Leigh Griffiths should have had a red for a stamp  - surely by the logic they have applied there they can't make that alligation without Leigh being there to have a right to reply.

I think this sounds right. You can’t have rangers out-celticking celtic so I’m sure the tims will have somethings to say. The world is against them after all. 

My name is Roy
23 hours ago, johnthomas said:

BBC boycotted Ibrox surely ?

Not as far as i know, it goes back to the 'harsh' treatment of sevco, could be wrong. But pretty sure its Rangers who took the huff. The bbc want to be there but are embargoed, hence why there is no video footage of SG after games. The Beeb still quote what he said on sportscene, but its always the presenter who voices the quote. 

19 minutes ago, My name is Roy said:

Not as far as i know, it goes back to the 'harsh' treatment of sevco, could be wrong. But pretty sure its Rangers who took the huff. The bbc want to be there but are embargoed, hence why there is no video footage of SG after games. The Beeb still quote what he said on sportscene, but its always the presenter who voices the quote. 

Pretty sure rangers banned a reporter and beeb staff boycotted them .

Gone on for a ridiculous length of time now . 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

JS69303298.jpg.2111ec206d26fa3a9cb7c37cc60e5542.jpg

21 minutes ago, My name is Roy said:

Iirc one BBC reporter had the audacity to mention there had been sectarian singing, and was subsequently banned from Ibrox. The Beeb said they wouldn't send anyone else to cover Ranger's home games until the ban was lifted. They've come to a truce which means the BBC still cover Ranger's home games but with no reporters in attendance, and they no longer mention sectarian singing in reports.

Thought Police
6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You just know as well that if Hearts banned them, they’d be forced to speak to them like Fergie eventually was.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not great but maybe not sums up everything wrong with the country mate. 

Oh yes it does!

9 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Sums Stewart up perfectly. Comes in, guns blazing, mouth running and without sorting any of his facts, in addition to not having done his journalistic due diligence to confirm his suspicions that the story about the brakes had been fed to the media by Traynor.

It's all well and good to say he's said what we're all thinking and what we all know is abundantly true. It's another thing entirely when you're dealing with an entrenched establishment to **** it up this royally.

The paper is at pains to mention several times that their version of the story doesn't mention brakes being tampered with...

Just how stupid are we meant to be?

image.thumb.png.ae2f7e45ffc4d6b09b0ea42aad0806f1.png

According to the Evening Times it was the racism story that Stewart was accusing Traynor of leaking, not the brakes one...

image.png.ec5334f02ed2fa7e8ae8c7dddda3624e.png

Edited by Spellczech

2 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

Nah, listening to that pair of thickos is torture. McFadden's monotone voice with no interesting insight into anything and Ferguson just thick as pigshit. They must have a 20 mins Scott Brown love in at least once a month.

Who's up next this week, McCall? Kenny Miller? Big Yogi? The only night worth listening to is Monday when Stewart and English are on. The rest of the week gets worse and worse

Yup. I missed the Hearts talk as I had to turn off before I spewed up listening to the Scott Brown ass kissing. 

3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

The easy thing to do is not listen. Starve them of oxygen. Stewart said something worth listening to probably for the first time ever on the show and he’s silenced.

Pathetic. Yet there were people on the corruption thread suggestion it didn’t exist in Scottish football. Aye ok. 

Pathetic is the word.  Blinkered, deluded, just two descriptions of those who deny the blatantly obvious.

Next thing we know, politicians will be picking and choosing the press THEY brief!  Oh, wait a minute!

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will let you know. Scott Brown just now.

No way in the world could I listen to that.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, jake said:

They know both are catholic .

I'm all for ripping into Rangers but this post is full of shite imo.

His entire post was exposed as total bullshit earlier in the thread.

My name is Roy
11 hours ago, johnthomas said:

I stand corrected. Not sure i care enough to be right, even though they are banned the beeb still want to focus on the ugly sisters

30 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Heard it on the news last night. They love that word.

They don't know the meaning of the word.

What they really want is an apology for anyone who has dared to criticise their club.

The continuous  rimming of both sides if the Old Firm is horrendous. The BBC were dreadful during Rangers administration then liquidation. Absolutely no real depth or investigative journalism at all. Their slaverings and beatifications of all things Celtic despite all the horror stories involving their Neanderthal support and their behaviour are obviously their efforts to polish a turd. Only TomEnglish is worth listening to, though very occasionally Michael Stewart has something to say that’s interesting, when he’s not massaging his own ego. I don’t listen to it often these days and I suspect that this latest effort at attempting to silence any criticism of Sevco will see many others not bothering with them. Really a microcosm for how poor, inept, gutless and thoroughly partisan so call sports journalists are here.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The continuous  rimming of both sides if the Old Firm is horrendous. The BBC were dreadful during Rangers administration then liquidation. Absolutely no real depth or investigative journalism at all. Their slaverings and beatifications of all things Celtic despite all the horror stories involving their Neanderthal support and their behaviour are obviously their efforts to polish a turd. Only TomEnglish is worth listening to, though very occasionally Michael Stewart has something to say that’s interesting, when he’s not massaging his own ego. I don’t listen to it often these days and I suspect that this latest effort at attempting to silence any criticism of Sevco will see many others not bothering with them. Really a microcosm for how poor, inept, gutless and thoroughly partisan so call sports journalists are here.

I’m glad I haven’t listened it for years as it would undoubtedly wind me up.

The posters who listen to the programme are more tolerant than me.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m glad I haven’t listened it for years as it would undoubtedly wind me up.

The posters who listen to the programme are more tolerant than me.

Quite a lot of the time it's all about other clubs.

There is Celtic and Rangers  content but mostly when there is something happening, around Old Firm games or they are playing in Europe. 

Often not about them at all. 

On 04/02/2020 at 07:59, CornhillHearts said:

Here you go

When has Michael Stewart ever been wrong on the big issues. He was right about Cathro and got grief from fans who always back the clubs owner no matter what, he was right about Levein and he got grief again, and he’s not frightened by the Weegie controlled media who suck up to the Old Firm. Keep up the good work Mikey you are the ordinary fan in the streets hero.

15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When has Michael Stewart ever been wrong on the big issues. He was right about Cathro and got grief from fans who always back the clubs owner no matter what, he was right about Levein and he got grief again, and he’s not frightened by the Weegie controlled media who suck up to the Old Firm. Keep up the good work Mikey you are the ordinary fan in the streets hero.

This 

27 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yer some boy Mitch.