• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Suso Santana

• pettigrewsstylist

Slightly off topic but on .net they're talking up a guy called Marvin Bartley who now plays for Rangers as a Hibs legend.  Legend.

I'm honestly only vaguely familiar with his name.  How did he become a legend at the Giro?  How long was he there?

Hope this particular legend does the business on Wednesday night if he plays.

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Slightly off topic but on .net they're talking up a guy called Marvin Bartley who now plays for Rangers as a Hibs legend.  Legend.

I'm honestly only vaguely familiar with his name.  How did he become a legend at the Giro?  How long was he there?

Are they, aye?

10 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

no way Irving is getting dropped. Henderson however could do with a game or 2 out. 

I think he's been one of our best players this year but had a shocker 2nd half last week. He's still very young so can see him being rotated this week. 

Don't get my confused here - I think Irving is, and will be, a massive player for us.

Night game, floodlights, a new team spirit, a cause to stay off the bottom and united home support. Should be a great buzz around the place at KO and atmosphere to follow. All positive vibes. Think I will be kicking every ball with the team till we score 1 or 2 or 3 more than them. Common the Jambo's. 

Inspector Villiers

Evens with William hill seems a good bet. I know they took us apart last time but we're a different side now and they've no been great.

been here before
22 minutes ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

I think it'll be 3-1. Kilmarnock are not very good just now.

The other side of that coin is that any team 'not very good just now', on a terrible run,  in freefall or is in need of a win, on a usually pics one up against Hearts.

Hopefully Dan der Man has that habit battered out them sooner rather than later.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

The singer? How is he connected to Hibs?

If you do mean the singer then it's Gaye. 

The irony being that Marvin Gaye, who was shot and killed in 1984 is still more likely to be at Tynecastle tonight than our homophobic friend.

Edited by been here before

letsalldothebeattie

2-0 to us. Sibbick & Boyce. Fancy us to keep this run going and bag another good home win. Keep the momentum going before the Falkirk cup tie on Saturday night 

Sievers on board. Tong on board. Stendel leading us. The team mentality and desire is all there. Fans backing the team again, and Stendel 

Stendel already identified the issues with the defence. We are just a bit lax at the back imo due to the fact that we are still learning the gegenpress. The players have only had 2 months at it. 4 new players have joined and they have to get up to speed 

We will go for the jugular tomorrow but I think we will be much tighter at the back and the players and coaches will have been working to rectify this through the week 

We are a threat going forward now. If we keep it tight we can win this no question 

3-1 Hearts ♥️ 

Langer to replace Sibbick possibly? He looked knackered after he took that knock on Saturday and was blowing out his arse in the second half.

I'll go 3-2 Hearts.

They will score.

We will score more.

4 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

I think he's been one of our best players this year but had a shocker 2nd half last week. He's still very young so can see him being rotated this week. 

Don't get my confused here - I think Irving is, and will be, a massive player for us.

I admit I'm a bit conflicted with this.

On the one hand I agree with what your saying but on the other I think he's the type of young lad who thrives on playing and will use the experience from Saturday to good effect.  Let's be honest, more experienced players than him had shockers in the 2nd half.  We were unrecognisable as the team that played the 1st 45 minutes!  Total Jekell and Hyde performance.

Edited by Heartsofgold

31 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Sievers on board. Tong on board. Stendel leading us. The team mentality and desire is all there. Fans backing the team again, and Stendel 

Stendel already identified the issues with the defence. We are just a bit lax at the back imo due to the fact that we are still learning the gegenpress. The players have only had 2 months at it. 4 new players have joined and they have to get up to speed 

We will go for the jugular tomorrow but I think we will be much tighter at the back and the players and coaches will have been working to rectify this through the week 

We are a threat going forward now. If we keep it tight we can win this no question 

3-1 Hearts ♥️ 

Step by step he’s addressing different aspects. 

In his interview about Clare he went onto talk about mentality and the ability to play well consistently. He talked of strong players, players who don’t switch off at half time and can give the same levels as they did in the first half. 

All the things plenty people on here talked about for months and months. All he’s doing though is asking questions of his squad and giving them a chance to see if they can transform themselves. 

If not, they’ll be out. Simple as. 

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We’re a hard team to predict. Whilst we have improved under DS we have some glaring weakness. i also think teams will have a answer to the high press we’re trying to play, mainly go long and look to expose the space at the back. 

I agree with those who say there will be goals at both ends, though I think we will edge a victory. 

These are the type of games we need to be winning.

It's not even just a simple long ball behind us.    The even more dangerous weakness is the ball into a centrally positioned player to hold it up with a runner ready to latch on to a pass in behind.     This is the counter that eliminates any cover from our so-called sweeper-keeper.     

We cannot afford to be too indulgent with this.    We can't afford to play ourselves out of games.    We can't afford to concede the lead on a regular basis.     I still reckon a tweaked version of the tactics to include an outfield player sweeper is better.    CHs pushed up but someone always lying deeper to cover the centre circle hold up and ball in behind.

Bazzas right boot

Be good to see what we can do if we score first. 

V Aberdeen we were in complete control up until the red card. 

Someone is going to get skelped I reckon. 

I really dislike Killie for some reason as well. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's not even just a simple long ball behind us.    The even more dangerous weakness is the ball into a centrally positioned player to hold it up with a runner ready to latch on to a pass in behind.     This is the counter that eliminates any cover from our so-called sweeper-keeper.     

We cannot afford to be too indulgent with this.    We can't afford to play ourselves out of games.    We can't afford to concede the lead on a regular basis.     I still reckon a tweaked version of the tactics to include an outfield player sweeper is better.    CHs pushed up but someone always lying deeper to cover the centre circle hold up and ball in behind.

I agree. 

Guys like Christie, eduard and forrest could rip us to shreds tbh. 

However if we get our defensive line sorted and our defensive midfielders cover we'll be ok. 

I think the biggest issue has been our midfielders running out of steam and then what you say becomes an issue. 

Once they are fitter(Sibbick) and wiser  they'll do thier job better for longer or ofc if we are 2/3 goals up then we can drop a little, conserve energy and counter. 

Midfield being overran as it's knackered is the biggest issue imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

It would be interesting to see how they go about things in the event of us going 2 or 3 up in a game with lots of time left.    Not suggesting for a minute that we 'manage the game' but if we get into clear winning positions,   do we still go banzai?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree. 

However if we get our defensive line sorted and our defensive midfielders cover we'll be ok. 

I think the biggest issue has been our midfielders running out of steam and then what you say becomes an issue. 

Once they are fitter(Sibbick) and wiser  they'll do thier job better for longer or ofc if we are 2/3 goals up then we can drop a little, conserve energy and counter. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It would be interesting to see how they go about things in the event of us going 2 or 3 up in a game with lots of time left.    Not suggesting for a minute that we 'manage the game' but if we get into clear winning positions,   do we still go banzai?

Great minds.... 

Or fools seldom differ.... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be good to see what we can do if we score first. 

V Aberdeen we were in complete control up until the red card. 

Someone is going to get skelped I reckon. 

I really dislike Killie for some reason as well. 

Be nice if we did skelp Killie.  

It’s been an enjoyable away day for killie coming to Tynecastle in recent years.  

A 1-0 would do but a goal fest would do wonders!

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree. 

Yes good additional point.     

At the end of the day,    any version of this style is going to have it's risks.     We can't eliminate all threats.      

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yes good additional point.     

At the end of the day,    any version of this style is going to have it's risks.     We can't eliminate all threats.      

So in summery after reading all the rest of your long winded guff, if we score more than them in a high scoring thriller, we'll win.

That about it ?

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, given the way we play. 2-1 or 3-1 Hearts.

My friend is the referee for tomorrow and he's really looking forward to doing it. He done the Hibs game on Saturday and this is his first match at Tynecastle!

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Smith did this fantastically well against Aberdeen, either he or Langer have to fill that role.

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well done Noah Bumhole for discovering that more goals than them = win.      

It's all down to you oh great one.

As others have alluded to, we will likely concede but I see us getting a few as well. Our home performances have improved and the players look a lot more confident with the fans behind them. Think Uche deserves a start after his last two performances off the bench. Henderson could probably do with a rest.

3-1

Pereira

Clare Souttar Halkett White

Sibbick Irving

Uche  Naismith  Moore

Boyce

Edited by Ted Hastings

Lord Beni of Gorgie

BTTS certainly a likelihood. 2-1 or 2-2, Saturday should really serve as a reality check as to why we find ourselves in this mess.

Even with some of our star performers back, there remains a lack of nous on the pitch. Back at home and the compact nature of Tynecastle, I believe we will be better, but the back door needs shutting, or at least guarded a bit better.

Gegenpress doesn't mean you give the opposition complete freedom in behind. Daniel will be over it like a rash I suspect

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Smith did this fantastically well against Aberdeen, either he or Langer have to fill that role.

Yep.   Smith can stiffen up this system.    As a natural defender,   I think he's best placed to drop in to that sweeper position and to be able to read the game ahead of him.    He's also reasonably rapid to be able to close down the space ahead of a runner.     

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yep.   Smith can stiffen up this system.    As a natural defender,   I think he's best placed to drop in to that sweeper position and to be able to read the game ahead of him.    He's also reasonably rapid to be able to close down the space ahead of a runner.     

I thought he was absolutely outstanding in there v Aberdeen, back in helping when needed. Hope he’s fit enough to play  tomorrow. I think Washington gives the RB more help too so he might start wide right.

Edited by Pasquale for King

fabienleclerq
13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Marvin Bartley is a Livingston player no? Or did you mean brendan barker? 

Anyway 3-2 Hearts Boyce hattrick. 

8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Biggest concern I have is Burke getting behind the high line defence. If we're not careful he'll have a field day.

I fear whoever is at LB will be given the run-around given Burke's current run of good form.  However Killie as a team are poor so hopefully Hearts will score more than they concede.

7 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I just pray the Hearts team that dismantled SEVCO turns up

It's not just about Hearts, Rangers were always going to be a good fit for Hearts to play against, a team that play out and attack. It's the teams that sit in and hit on the break that will be the problem. And that I'm afraid is the whole bottom 6 outwith Hearts. 

Be interesting to see of Stendel can adapt his system to beat these teams. I think he'll have to at some point.

I think it'll be a draw tomorrow night, and can see Hamilton and St Mirren drawing too. No change, all to play for.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

No quite a must-win but most assuredly a must-not-lose.

7 points from the last 3 league games would be incredible.

If Hamilton get a win at St Mirren then it very much is a must win.

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, given the way we play. 2-1 or 3-1 Hearts.

My friend is the referee for tomorrow and he's really looking forward to doing it. He done the Hibs game on Saturday and this is his first match at Tynecastle!

Which one of the cheeks does he support 😂

5 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Langer to replace Sibbick possibly? He looked knackered after he took that knock on Saturday and was blowing out his arse in the second half.

I'll go 3-2 Hearts.

They will score.

We will score more.

15/2 W Hill. 5 goals or more and Hearts to win. Got £5 on it.

23 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

We'll only see a couple of changes, Langer coming in for Irving and Avidjij coming in Meshino.

We still have a lot of improving to do but we are continuing to improve. 

3-1 Hearts, Boyce x 2 and Henderson.

11 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Meshino as an impact sub against a tiring defence would suit me. Ditto Uche.

Irving is our most creative midfielder and he can also score. I'd like to I him further forward.

On 03/02/2020 at 16:24, Smith's right boot said:

3-1 for us.

This game is crucial to win if our unbeaten run becomes a positive/ exciting one rather than just a "meh" one.

Time we put that lot back in their box, our home record v them has been very poor 

Our record against them lately has been pure hibs.

44 minutes ago, poultry said:

15/2 W Hill. 5 goals or more and Hearts to win. Got £5 on it.

Hearts to win 3-1  18/1, got £5 on

Edited by One five

Really looking forward to this.  Stendel is still sorting out his team and having to cope with a couple of key injuries.

We know what to expect from Hearts and I'm feeling very confident.