*** Heart Of Midlothian fc v Kilmarnock fc Official Matchday thread ***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

3-1 for us.

This game is crucial to win if our unbeaten run becomes a positive/ exciting one rather than just a "meh" one.

Time we put that lot back in their box, our home record v them has been very poor 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Suso Santana

• pettigrewsstylist

Pretty sure we will concede but we'll score a few to win it.

Still can't make up my mind over Bobby or Pereira. But maybe without Berra, Bobby will be a bit more sane.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

3-1 for us.

This game is crucial to win if our unbeaten run becomes a positive/ exciting one rather than just a "meh" one.

Time we put that lot back in their box, our home record v them has been very poor 

Yep 3-1 would do us nicely Boyce (2) and  Naismith looking forward to the game 👍

More confident about this one than I was on Saturday.  The tighter pitch at Tynecastle helps our pressing game, and we’ll have learned some lessons from the weekend.

Two major things for me -

Someone needs to take responsibility at the back, there’s no one coordinating the back four and being vocal enough.  Our defensive line was all over the place on Saturday.  With Berra no longer there, either Halkett or Souttar needs to step up and organise the defensive line.

The midfield need to start getting on the scoresheet.  Boyce and Naismith are getting goals right now, but they won’t score every game.  The midfield and subs like Washington and Uche need to start hitting the net.

Improve these two areas and we’ll continue climbing the table.

We'll only see a couple of changes, Langer coming in for Irving and Avidjij coming in Meshino.

We still have a lot of improving to do but we are continuing to improve. 

3-1 Hearts, Boyce x 2 and Henderson.

been here before

Couple of goals and 3 points staying in Gorgie.

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No team will have zero after theit name come full time.

1 - 1

So the only zero will be your non existant attendance?

How is your pathetic one man boycott of everything Hearts coming along.

Been a bit quiet on the old "fxxk Budge" front from you recently.

Edited by been here before

N Lincs Jambo

3-2 or 4-3 Hearts for me. We now have goals in us in Boyce and Naisy but defensively will 3 days give Stendel enough time to work on Saturday's 2nd half horror show? Hope so :)

39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No team will have zero after theit name come full time.

1 - 1

You will be so wrong 

we will win 

Killie aren't an easy fixture.

2-1 Hearts. 

I'm really hoping Joel gets a kick up the arse and a personal goal of keeping a clean sheet on Wednesday. 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Killie aren't an easy fixture.

2-1 Hearts. 

I'm really hoping Joel gets a kick up the arse and a personal goal of keeping a clean sheet on Wednesday. 

I’m just not sure how he’ll recover from that. Hopefully he’s got the confidence to overcome it. 

2-1 to us, I reckon. This will be tough but we can get the three points and give us a great platform to climb the table. 

Souttar and Naismith to score

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

More confident about this one than I was on Saturday.  The tighter pitch at Tynecastle helps our pressing game, and we’ll have learned some lessons from the weekend.

Two major things for me -

Someone needs to take responsibility at the back, there’s no one coordinating the back four and being vocal enough.  Our defensive line was all over the place on Saturday.  With Berra no longer there, either Halkett or Souttar needs to step up and organise the defensive line.

The midfield need to start getting on the scoresheet.  Boyce and Naismith are getting goals right now, but they won’t score every game.  The midfield and subs like Washington and Uche need to start hitting the net.

Improve these two areas and we’ll continue climbing the table.

If Souttar is vice captain it should be him to taking control 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m just not sure how he’ll recover from that. Hopefully he’s got the confidence to overcome it. 

Hopefully Sievers takes time out from assistant managing, to dedicate his time to Pereira's (shot stopping) training

Just now, Ruud Krol said:

Hopefully Sievers takes time out from assistant managing, to dedicate his time to Pereira's (shot stopping) training

Hope so as well. The options are just so rubbish I see barely any point in changing him. 

1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

We'll only see a couple of changes, Langer coming in for Irving and Avidjij coming in Meshino.

We still have a lot of improving to do but we are continuing to improve. 

3-1 Hearts, Boyce x 2 and Henderson.

no way Irving is getting dropped. Henderson however could do with a game or 2 out. 

Hearts will need to compete hard in midfield against Power and Dicker and restrict the supply to Brophy, Burke, and Kabamba( if they play 2 up.) Maybe they'll go 1 up and have an extra midfielder, come winger.  This is a tough match. Could be any score.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Need to win the home games. 

Need to create a hostile environment to get out of this. 

Saturday was a bit of a wake up call 2nd half,  much work to be done 

Every match we play is tough because we still lack that quality in the middle of the park to dominate a football match for 90 minutes. 

Hard fought 2-1 victory.

Boyce with a brace.

Geoff Kilpatrick

With Pereira in goals, we are going to concede. Good job we can now score.

Heart of Midlothian 4-2 Kilmarnock

Boyce 2, Washington and Naismith

At the moment,  it seems unlikely we wont score and wont concede in games,   especially at home.    Remarkably,   bet365 go 10/11 on BTTS.   Behind the curve a bit?    

This kind of game could be anything.    We might even see a silly looking score happen at some point.    7, 8, 9 goals.

More odds.

Over 3.5 goals 3/1

Over 4.5 goals 7/1

Over 5.5 goals 16/1

There's a potential killing to be made.

We're at home..big plus and smaller pitch helps the pressing game

We're on a small unbeaten run and confidence has certainly taken a turn for the better

We've improved and changed the style but lets not go overboard especially when we look at Ross County away and St Johnstone away where we could easily have lost both matches

We've got a striker and striking partner who are in scoring form

However we have a poor goalkeeper who hardly spreads confidence in the defence

We have a real weakness at left back whilst Hickey is out injured

The defence as a whole is still taking time to adjust to the high press

We don't seem to have a wide player to get behind defences (and with pace)

We're missing our best midfielder with a long term injury and perhaps our best defender this season in Smith

So whilst I recognise things look better they are not so good we can be sure we will get away from the bottom two easily.

The midfield mix is just not right and I'd like to hope the midfield signing of Langer will help us.

Special game for us. Three generations going for the first time. My auld man plus the wee guys second game.

Can't wait. Hopefully a good result to remember it by.

If we are to escape relegation we really must win against the teams around us starting with Killie. Accies, St M or both will drop points so we must take advantage. 3-1 to us.

Edited by 1953

Really tough game and the defense worries me.

That said, if Hearts play to even 50% of our capabilities, we will win.

3-1 Hearts, Boyce (2) and Clare

We will 3 pts behind Kilmarnock, currently in 7th place and 9 points behind the cabbages.

Don't look back you cabbages.  We're coming.

Could be any score line if we defend like Saturday, be over 4 goals I’d say. 4-2 I’ll go for. 

bobby deserves another go in goals .