*** Heart Of Midlothian fc v Kilmarnock fc Official Matchday thread ***

Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, jack D and coke said:

How many are we going to win though? We’re beating nobody barring what looks a bit of a flukey win against Rangers. 

Good question and who knows?  We look far too easy to play against at the moment and even the game against Rangers, where we did a lot of good things, Soutar and Halkett were exposed time and time again.  We must be a dream for opposition managers, who know exactly how we’re going to play and where to hurt us.  

Maybe some easy money to be made on Hearts to lose (or win) BTTS between now and end of season (Killie were 8/1 tonight!).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Suso Santana

• pettigrewsstylist

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view fron the train - 

Couldnt quite believe Stendel-ball when seeing it from the stand - when you see that defensive line from the view behind the goals it's insane how risky it is. 

Killie manager spoke about knowing how much space there would be in his post match interview. Could see a big shift in our attacking from Saturday t hit quick balls and exploit that. Made it very easy to set that team up. 

Think it might have gone under the radar of "Hearts are back" that this game was also "Killie are back" - meant a huge amount to the team so the game almost had a cup tie feel at times. 

Have either of our clubs ever had so many atrocious goalkeepers at the same time? All of them rotten. 

Always interested watching Souttar. Always talk up so highly and everytime I see him he's disappointing. Thought Kabamba caused him bother all game. 

I do hope it works for Stendel at Hearts - because that style of football would be brilliant fun to watch - but he absolutely does not have the squad for it from what I saw tonight. 

Good post. I thought your team played how they needed to, Brophy found lots of space. As someone who has seen Souttar many more times than you have I can tell you that you’re spot on. The most over rated player I’ve ever seen play for us, weak, can’t head the ball, makes the wrong decisions, ball watches and is easily beaten with the ball in behind. Add more n an injury absence every season, I think maybe two assists and one goal in 4 years. Levein and Berra’s pal, I can see Stendel replacing him soon if his form keeps up.

Pasquale for King

We really need Smith back, problem is he can’t play RB/CH and DM all at once. I think DM where he can protect the defence as he did against Aberdeen will be best. If the two CHs don’t pick up Sibbick will go in there, or at RB. The three youngsters need a break, Washington needs to play to stretch teams with Walker and Naismith supporting him and Boyce. Donis and Meshino at home maybe. Hickey will help too. He needs to find the right blend of players in the attacking sense.

The free agent GK market night be worth looking at too. I still don’t think the players fitness is up to pressing for 90 minutes either.

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Good question and who knows?  We look far too easy to play against at the moment and even the game against Rangers, where we did a lot of good things, Soutar and Halkett were exposed time and time again.  We must be a dream for opposition managers, who know exactly how we’re going to play and where to hurt us.  

Maybe some easy money to be made on Hearts to lose (or win) BTTS between now and end of season (Killie were 8/1 tonight!).

Naw .Killie were 16/5 tonight. 

Is Gegenpress German for Kamikaze ? If it does not work in this league, or it does not work with these players ( not good enough/not fit enough ) whatever, it does not work. We are too easy to play against, just contain us and you win. Halkett and Souttar have no protection, either in front, either side and behind. Those two do not look good when it falls apart, but they have no chance. I watched a re-run of StJ second half and the problems were all there to see,  not picking on Clare but he continually ambled back in his own time when attacks broke down resulting in his centre backs pulled into his position to cover. This in reality is the "new Clare". A wing back has two roles to play, the best ones can do them both, and know when and where to be. DS picked up on it, he said we defend so bad, and also indicated that  SC despite the hype, needs to do better. Warnings were not heeded though and nothing changed. Bobby needs recalled in goal, Moore, Henderson, Irving should not be playing in front Meshino, Uche, Washington. It is obvious who opposing defenders would prefer to face. The honeymoon period is well and truly over, we need to do the best we can with the players we have. It is change or be changed time already.

6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

This is what worries me....his comments after we were 3 down...Sorry but it is exactly how we should have played

"It was a crazy game after this and maybe for the supporters it was intensive. For me, it was not how we want to play'

Then for the second game in a row he comments about the defence and not being sure of exactly what has gone wrong...

'It is hard for me to explain what happened. To concede three goals against Kilmarnock is not what we expected.' 

You are being paid for solutions...adapt or die (in a footballing sense)

There you go, twittering on again 

His English isn’t that great.

I’m sure he knows fine well what’s wrong 

I heard Levein doing this stuff for 3 years and came to the conclusion that he didn’t have a clue and was in denial for that amount of time 

Stendels been with us 2 months. Ok it’s not been great results wise but I genuinely think that Stendel at least knows what’s wrong. He just needs to fix it 

Incidentally, I didn’t hear you harping on and posting about Levein 3 years down the line when he was churning out the same pish week on week 

Funny how it has took you around 2 months to jump right on Stendels back or is that just me 

or is it another crazed Craig Levein supporter just willing the next man to f... up because Levein did 

I sometimes wonder 

8 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

For the first time after tonight’s result I’m afraid to say it looks like we’re getting relegated. 

Losing 3 goals at home to a poor Kilmarnock side? 6 in two games? 

This is is very frustrating as we’re playing some decent football & we have two top strikers but the lack of defence is absolute insanity in our league position. I think this was an off night but we can Ill afford any more off nights or we’re going down. It’s as simple as that.

Not a chance imo

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve been here for a while now. I’ve thought it might’ve been too late and even said I’d probably accept the play off when people were suggesting we were about to go on some crazy run that propel us up the league. 
If nothing else it’s brought a cold reality to some sections of the support. 
We can’t afford to lose many more games that’s for sure. 
I reckon we lose another couple and it likely curtains. 

This is where I am, sadly.  We are in the cliched relegation dogfight.

Rangers-St J-Killie = 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

Edited by Haken

50 minutes ago, Haken said:

This is where I am, sadly.  We are in the cliched relegation dogfight.

Rangers-St J-Killie = 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

We have been, and are, in the relegation dogfight and we need to beat our relegation rivals at home and, at a minimum, not lose away. The Rangers win was a bonus three points which we have now quickly used up unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

There you go, twittering on again 

His English isn’t that great.

I’m sure he knows fine well what’s wrong 

I heard Levein doing this stuff for 3 years and came to the conclusion that he didn’t have a clue and was in denial for that amount of time 

Stendels been with us 2 months. Ok it’s not been great results wise but I genuinely think that Stendel at least knows what’s wrong. He just needs to fix it 

Incidentally, I didn’t hear you harping on and posting about Levein 3 years down the line when he was churning out the same pish week on week 

Funny how it has took you around 2 months to jump right on Stendels back or is that just me 

or is it another crazed Craig Levein supporter just willing the next man to f... up because Levein did 

I sometimes wonder 

Yup. Some folks on here swallowed any old shit from CL for years on end and were loyal to the point of incredulity but wont give Stendl  their same support. 

Shocker last night along with a really bad second half on Saturday. Having said that most people would have been happy with 5 points from the last 4 games. The rangers win may be paper over the cracks but it’s still 3 points. Smith returning should shore up the defence a bit. 1 behind with bottom 6 opposition to play in the next few weeks, it’s still in out hands. Hamilton/ St mirren games both looking like must wins now, lose them and there’s likely no way back. It’s absolutely imperative that the crowd stick with the team during the Hamilton game. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Another Injury to one of our players

Ayers do get injured, especially if they haven’t played a lot or in a while. I don’t think there is anything systemic, as was claimed under CL, as we mow have different coached and coaching. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yup. Some folks on here swallowed any old shit from CL for years on end and were loyal to the point of incredulity but wont give Stendl  their same support. 

Aye cos he's no a guid Hearts legend like :whistling:

Can someone please explain to me why when chasing the game at 2-3 down we persistently chose to cross the ball into the box from midfield rather than getting down the flanks and crossing it from near the bye-line? We just played into Killie's hands with either their centre backs able to head clear the way they were facing, their keeper collecting it or Uche flicking it over the line for a bye-kick. It infuriated me.

14 hours ago, CJGJ said:

This is what worries me....his comments after we were 3 down...Sorry but it is exactly how we should have played

"It was a crazy game after this and maybe for the supporters it was intensive. For me, it was not how we want to play'

Then for the second game in a row he comments about the defence and not being sure of exactly what has gone wrong...

'It is hard for me to explain what happened. To concede three goals against Kilmarnock is not what we expected.' 

You are being paid for solutions...adapt or die (in a footballing sense)

He is never ever going to come out and say: 

"3 goals at home to Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock.  Nothing is good enough and that's why this shower are bottom of the league.  Everything we work on in training goes out the window when the referee blows his whistle, and I would expect better from them. 

Pereira had a ****ing howler, and despite having working limbs, seems to be unable to actually extend any of them when the ball comes his way.  In fact, he can't catch anything...!  At least he'll be safe from the coronavirus.

All of my goalies are total donkeys and I'm tearing my hair out trying to decide which one of the 3 is the least shite to play when we go to Parkhead to get ****ing mauled. 

The result wasn't helped by the fact that Souttar and Halkett decided that they had never seen a football before tonight, as treated it as if it was some unknown foreign object."

He has to be as positive about it as he can, or the media will absolutely rip him to pieces. Bear in mind his English isn't superb, and the media  can't wait for him to slip up and say something incorrectly so they can splash it all over the back pages. 

Edited by tian447

6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sad in all honesty but very very true 

Last Nights game has been "done to death" not only on this thread but others too.

We need to focus on Saturdays cup tie against Falkirk. A good result and then we move on to Celtic.

Bazzas right boot

Killies first away victory since October.. 

Since they last played us. 

😭😭😭😭😭

Current system worked against rangers because the tried to play football through midfield, St Johnstone changed at halftime to playing longer balls behind defenders , Souttar is lost in this system and the goalkeeper is clueless .

doubt he will change the system will probably work better against Celtic than it will against st mirren or Hamilton.

does not look promising but maybe another couple of games will help Souttar get use to it, if we are going to win games we will need to score a few goals as the defence is dreadful.

at least it’s exciting to watch