Team v Kilmarnock

JamboPete

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Nae sibbick??

Wasn’t great yesterday and took a knock. I’d rest him and see how Langar gets on given it’s his natural position.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

• One five

• Jambof3tornado

Zlamal

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Langar 

Smith

Washington

Naismith

Walker

Boyce

should add that id hoped never to see Bobby play for us again, but what else can we do? Pereira doesn’t save anything.

Edited by amadjambo

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Zlamal

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Langar 

Smith

Washington

Naismith

Walker

Boyce

should add that id hoped never to see Bobby play for us again, but what else can we do? Pereira doesn’t save anything.

I’d play Henderson. Other than that I’d go for this. 

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Can't believe so many people are excluding Irving from their suggested line-ups.

What has he done to deserve to be dropped and yet they include Henderson!!!!!!

Class pass for goal but game passed him by a lot yesterday notably on the physical and pace side of things.

He is in the engine room and to date the only guy who can pick a pass from the pre window squad.

I'm not for resting him yet but we are not that far from being that game too far for him and a break needed irrespective of that lack of passing ability elsewhere which hopefully Langer has too.

Henderson energy levels seem to be picking up but wont be too far off resting too if Donis, Washington and from yesterday, Meshino get game heads on.

7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Zlamal

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Langar 

Smith

Washington

Naismith

Walker

Boyce

Walker will do well to make the squad never mind start games.

We know it will be an attacking side.  I just hope Smith is back and we replicate Saturday by scoring a couple in the first half.

Hearts 0 at half time was a recurring nightmare.  The 2nd half collapse in Perth was a blip and the players will have learned from it.

Good win.  Don't care about the other results although Hibs losing would be good.  We just have to win consistently.  Everything else takes care of itself.

Love to see Washington get a goal or two.

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

Ordered my tickets on the 26th for the killie game, still not arrived... I normally collect from the ticket office... anyone know when they get sent out?

Usually arrive next day

If Smith and hickey make it I’d go 

GK - Pereria 

RB - Smith 

CB - Halkett 

CB - Souttar 

LB - Hickey 

RM - Clare 

CM - Sibbick or Langer if he’s not fit 

CM - Irvine 
LM - Henderson 

FW - Naismith 

FW - Boyce 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 2205ian said:

He needs sent back to MU for De Gea to teach him how to save shots with his legs as he is hopeless using his hands!!

I agree as indicated on another thread, in that we have missed a trick by not recruiting a new No 1 in the transfer window.

I too would be inclined to scout "free agent" market, utilising our Asst Mgr to aid the process.

Absolutely, not sure if the 6th choice gk will ever train with De Gea though 😜.

41 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Class pass for goal but game passed him by a lot yesterday notably on the physical and pace side of things.

He is in the engine room and to date the only guy who can pick a pass from the pre window squad.

I'm not for resting him yet but we are not that far from being that game too far for him and a break needed irrespective of that lack of passing ability elsewhere which hopefully Langer has too.

Henderson energy levels seem to be picking up but wont be too far off resting too if Donis, Washington and from yesterday, Meshino get game heads on.

I just don't see this at all. He gave the ball away too often and is not physical enough and easily taken off the ball in my book.

Like Irving he is still young and may improve.

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Usually arrive next day

I had my tickets for St Johnstone sent and got them two days after booking them online.

Might be worth a phone call tomorrow.

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I honestly think we’ll be fine against a killie team in absolute free fall at home, will be a lot easier than this weekend I think 

Killie is always a hard game there is usually only a goal either way in it. They also will have got a wee lift after the game yesterday.

16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I just don't see this at all. He gave the ball away too often and is not physical enough and easily taken off the ball in my book.

Like Irving he is still young and may improve.

Thought Henderson was completely out in his feet after about an hour against Aberdeen but has got to the near end of games recently although not always great.

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would Irving benefit from a rest yet? Possibly coming off the bench if required.

I think we need to keep playing him til he has a real stinker of a match. Its tough knowing whats best with youngstere.

LarrysRightFoot
GK - Periera 

RB - Clare

CB - Halkett 

CB - Souttar 

LB - White 

CM - Sibbick 

CM - Irving 

CM - Langer

FW - Washington 

FW - Naismith 

ST - Boyce 

I think DS said Hickey and Smith will still be out? If not I’d maybe start them - Smith instead of Langer possibly. 

I think a 4-3-3 will help us out defensively with 2 holding midfielders helping to support the centre halves if the full backs are pushed on. It should also allow Irving to push on and have more freedom.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, HMFC86 said:

Wasn’t great yesterday and took a knock. I’d rest him and see how Langar gets on given it’s his natural position.

Maybe, cup game next weekend too so fair to let others stake a claim.

3 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Henderson was poor yesterday and I can see him being dropped on Wednesday.

I thought he had some good moments in the first half. He rarely loses the ball when he's got it and was involved in a lot of our positive play.

Completely faded in the second half but who didn't?

3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Irving and Henderson will almost certainly start and so they should.

Agree, why anyone would drop Irving right now is beyond me. Henderson has done well but was poor yesterday 

4 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Henderson was poor yesterday and I can see him being dropped on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, flem said:

Agree, didn't have a good game at all. 

Does a player deserve to be dropped due to one poor game?

I think we should aim for a bit of continuity in the team.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Does a player deserve to be dropped due to one poor game?

I think we should aim for a bit of continuity in the team.

Personally I would drop him and I think Stendel will drop him. Not overly impressed by him and there is better players on the bench. 

Had my FOH plot ceremony today.  Smith was presenting the certificates and when he was interviewed he said he was touch and go for Wed but defo back for Falkirk.

Haring was there as well.  You can tell the poor guy was in a bad place with his injury, think he knows his career is likely to be cut short.  That said, highlight of the day was big Pete walking past the telly when Hamilton v Celtic was on (was 1-1 at the time) and turning round to the table next to him to say “Even I scored twice there” 😁.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Changing goalkeepers like underwear will not help us at all. 
Build up some confidence and don’t ruin it. Bobby is hardly the answer

Agreed. They’re both pretty poor bit doesn’t help the keepers and doesn’t help the defence

Pereira

Smith

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey/Garruchio

Clare

Sibbick

Irving

Naismith

Washington

Boyce

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Had my FOH plot ceremony today.  Smith was presenting the certificates and when he was interviewed he said he was touch and go for Wed but defo back for Falkirk.

Haring was there as well.  You can tell the poor guy was in a bad place with his injury, think he knows his career is likely to be cut short.  That said, highlight of the day was big Pete walking past the telly when Hamilton v Celtic was on (was 1-1 at the time) and turning round to the table next to him to say “Even I scored twice there” 😁.

Hope, for him more than Hearts, he recovers and continues his career. 

This injury curse has obviously eased up but it's still there and it's extremely frustrating for everyone.

I wouldn't be risking Langer against Killie.  Maybe on the bench at Falkirk.  I'm very optimistic for a really good performance.

Got a feeling Naismith will be rested for this one, Stendel acknowledged in a previous interview that we can’t over play him with his injury history, and I think Stendel will get the importance of the cup to us. That would be 6 games in 17 days for him assuming he plays Wednesday then against Falkirk. Would bring on for last half hour if needed.

Pereira

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

Gaurrico/White (keep Hickey for sat if fit)

Sibbick

Langer (Smith for sat if fit)

Moore

Henderson

Uche

Boyce

Walker and Washington to feature

37 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Got a feeling Naismith will be rested for this one, Stendel acknowledged in a previous interview that we can’t over play him with his injury history, and I think Stendel will get the importance of the cup to us. That would be 6 games in 17 days for him assuming he plays Wednesday then against Falkirk. Would bring on for last half hour if needed.

Pereira

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

Sibbick

Moore

Henderson

Uche

Boyce

I'd be more inclined to play Naismith in the league game. it is far more important. This will be a very hard match that could easily be another draw.

Orange Cone

Clare Halkett Souttar White

Smith Irving

Washington Naismith Henderson

Boyce

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Agreed. They’re both pretty poor bit doesn’t help the keepers and doesn’t help the defence

Pereira

Smith

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey/Garruchio

Clare

Sibbick

Irving

Naismith

Washington

Boyce

Probably where I am on team selection for this one. Uche needs rested and is more of an impact sub player anyhow. 

Boyce needs someone to work alongside and will get even more goals with a strike partner to feed off.

4 changes for me...

Garrucio for White - all our LBs need carefully managed for game time

Langer for Sibbick - Toby has struggled later on in the last 2 matches. Let’s see what the new boy can do

Moore for Henderson - Lewis had a rest on Saturday, now it’s Euan’s turn

Washington for Meshino - Killie will be hard work to break down and quick to break. We need defensive work from the front and Washington gives that more than Ryo.

48 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Pereira

Clare

Souttar

Halkett

Sibbick

Moore

Henderson

Uche

Boyce

You may well be right.  The last thing we want to do is lose Naismith again.

Having thought about your post I'd be inclined to have him on the bench for each of the next two games and see how we fare without him.

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

White

Sibbick

Irving

Henderson

Naismith

Donis

Boyce

subs: Zlamal, Bozanic, Dikamona, Moore, Meshino, Uche, Washington 

Just the one change I think.  

Expect Smith, Langer and Garrucio to play some part at Falkirk.  Think Walker and Damour are finished to be honest, unless we have an injury crisis anytime soon.

gorgie rd eh11
6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Hickey for White.  Washington for Meshino.  Otherwise, the same team. 

Never been into unforced changes but you need to put your best options back in if fit. Most of the team are starting to get an understanding so keep it largely similar to last couple of games. 

This plus Moore for Henderson.

We most certainly shouldn’t rest Naismith unless he is injured. This game is massive given we go to Parkhead In the league next.

He is our best player , and we are not in the luxurious position of being able to rest our best player.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think yesterday shows why we will likely play with two DMs when Langer is ready and/or Smith is fit

We need that extra cover when everyone else is going tonto piling forward.....

Midfielders that have also played full back is a bonus. Each of our 3 DMs have done so.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

7 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

If Perreira is dropped god help us.

Nah, he needs dropped. A wee while out of the team makes you a good keeper again. The only explanation I can come up with for why folk are clamouring for Zlamal to be put back in.

4-2-3-1

Pereira

Smith,Souttar,Sibbick,White(or hickey if fit)

Marcel,Irving

Clare,Naismith,Denzel

Boyce

3-1 hearts hopefully! (Would take any kind of win)

I thought Henderson had a good first half on Saturday and think he should keep his place. If Hickey and Smith don’t make it, my only change would be Washington for Meshino.

16 hours ago, Martin_T said:

This. We have to allow players to have one bad game without dropping them and chopping and changing!

Pereira

Clare

Souttar 

Halkett

Smith (can keep Burke quiet)

Sibbick

Irving

Washington

Naismith

Henderson/Meshino/Donis

Boyce

17 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Edward Scissorhands 

Smith Souttar Halkett LB

Sibbick Irving 

Moore Naismith Henderson

Boyce 

Lol

Captain Sausage

I get the reluctance to see Bobby back in goals, but Pereira is just dreadful. 

He doesn’t save anything, and the whole ‘sweeper keeper’ defence of him is pish, as witnessed on Saturday where he nearly conceded another two goals due to fannying about and half committing to leaving his box. 

17 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Agreed, I was a bit disappointed with Irving as I left the ground on Saturday, but seeing the highlights I didn't realise that it was his cute pass that started the move for Boyce's goal. Henderson is energetic and has a good touch and pace. From Saturday I would only change White for Hickey if he is fit. From what I've seen of Avidjaj I see no reason to start with him ahead of Henderson.