Team v Kilmarnock

JamboPete

been here before
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

When you admit Uche is your favourite player its just further cementing the general feeling that you need special care and should only be allowed online under full supervision from a proper adult.

Or perhaps go to a game and see him play. Rules out i8.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

• One five

• Jambof3tornado

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

In the manager's press conference he seemed to suggest the defence made Pereira nervous in the second half and that they need to defend better as a team

Maybe the goalkeeper makes the defence nervous?

5 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Anybody else feel that the second half disappointment was due (in part at least) to Sibbick having been injured at the end of the first half.  He wasn't anywhere near as effective after half time, allowing St J more into the match.

I thought generally Sibbick was a bit disappointing but that was probably due to the fact he played so well in his debut.

The knock may have been a contributory factor however I think it was more down to the change of tactics from them and our inability to deal with it..  

They hit the ball over our wingbacks and used the pace they have and turned Halkett and Souttar.

I think this is our weakness with the style of play Stendel wants to play and we need more from our defensive mid and wingbacks to deal with it.

6 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

Daniel was not happy with the second half display, and will address it. He did comment we defended "so bad". We are pushing on but our defence was all over the place, mainly due to Souttar and Halkett having to continually sweep behind Clare and White, there is plenty of attacking options in front of the four, the WBs do not both need to be out of the defensive line at the same time. they need to be smarter. Every team will counter-attack us. There may be a case for a three, and either of Sibbick, Smith and now Langer could be used.  We have though four points from Gers and Perth,  difficult games, that is more than acceptable. We will not defend our way up the league under DS, the philosophy will not change, our players are still adapting and will improve. It may also be that it is more demanding playing the press on bigger playing dimensions away from Tynie. We move on and go again, Killie will be difficult and is massive ( especially with Hamilton playing St Mirren ) as is every game for the rest of the season. 3 pts.

A draw between Hamilton and St Mirren and a win for us would be good.

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I would put the young lad Stone in goals. Look at the options - Pereira doesn't save anything, palms the ball to forwards is basically a sweeper. Zlamal will make a mistake and cost at least goal, may save a shot or two however.

Massive game for us but could be the making of the lad, Stone wouldn't be the first young keeper to be thrown in and handling the occasion.

Has he not been put out on loan?

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

👍 correct

For example I bet for a fact Halkett felt exposed that high up the pitch before Naismith’s equaliser last week, but he did his job, stayed high and tackled the guy 25 yards from goal and we scored.

The players need to be committed to Plan A and that’s just it - if they aren’t we’d have lost against Rangers for example.

You are probably right however it takes a long time for players to get the negative stay back attitude out of thir minds that they have been used to for the last few years.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It makes absolutely no difference if Zibimal or Pereira play.  Both complete dog shit.

Although they are both slightly better than Doyle.

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This more like. 

He looked a complete bag on nerves all game tbh. 

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

donis. I think he was trying to shoot!

Get him dropped. 😋

Hate wasteful free kicks. Get it in the box when there's so many bodies in there and seconds left.

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I would put the young lad Stone in goals. Look at the options - Pereira doesn't save anything, palms the ball to forwards is basically a sweeper. Zlamal will make a mistake and cost at least goal, may save a shot or two however.

Massive game for us but could be the making of the lad, Stone wouldn't be the first young keeper to be thrown in and handling the occasion.

It worked with Jack Hamilton , at least , initially . Certainly worked with Gordon

I don't think it does any harm to have extra protection with a three at the back. It worked for Jim Jeffries in the mid-90s. Having a three means the fullbacks can get forward and either side of the central defence can cover at fullback if in trouble. Your defensive midfielder then comes back to help out in defence until others get back. Three at the back is effectively a five man midfield linking with two forwards. It's also a five man defence when the opposition attack.

Jeffries would play something like 

...............…...……..Rousset

Flogel.….McPherson, Weir, Ritchie .....Pointon or Naysmith

………….Cameron, Salvatori, Fulton

………….….Adam, Robertson.

You could lose a defender and change to a 4-4-2 as and when needed, McCann wide left and then Hamilton as an option up top.

I think with the players we have it could be done.

………….……………...Zlamal

Smith.… Souttar, Dikamona, Halkett…….White or Hickey

………….…..Clare, Irving or Langer, Sibbick

………….………….Naismith, Boyce.

Again you can lose a defender and change to a 4-4-2 as and when needed, Walker/Meshino/Avdijaj wide left and Ikpeazu as an option up top.

If we don't find another defender from somewhere we can bring in who is unattached to a club then we could find ourselves badly exposed at the back. What's Jimmy Dunne up to?

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Love all the folk dropping Irving to play Langer. Guaranteed not one person has seen the lad play football.

Exactly. Irving has been one of our best players since he came back into the team. Hardly deserves to be dropped.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

I don't think it does any harm to have extra protection with a three at the back. It worked for Jim Jeffries in the mid-90s. Having a three means the fullbacks can get forward and either side of the central defence can cover at fullback if in trouble. Your defensive midfielder then comes back to help out in defence until others get back. Three at the back is effectively a five man midfield linking with two forwards. It's also a five man defence when the opposition attack.

………….….Adam, Robertson.

You could lose a defender and change to a 4-4-2 as and when needed, McCann wide left and then Hamilton as an option up top.

………….……………...Zlamal

Again you can lose a defender and change to a 4-4-2 as and when needed, Walker/Meshino/Avdijaj wide left and Ikpeazu as an option up top.

If we don't find another defender from somewhere we can bring in who is unattached to a club then we could find ourselves badly exposed at the back. What's Jimmy Dunne up to?

Back at Burnley after being emptied from Fleetwood.

59 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I love big Uche - gives 110% and is a lovely guy. ❤️

Awful footballer though.

Thankfully DS identified this very quickly and he’ll be down the road in the summer.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Awful footballer though.

Thankfully DS identified this very quickly and he’ll be down the road in the summer.

He’s made a big impact the last couple of games, coming off the bench as a sub. Folk can have a laugh at his slip but he set up a great chance for Donis on Saturday and a great chance for Washington the previous Sunday. Great option to have ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s made a big impact the last couple of games, coming off the bench as a sub. Folk can have a laugh at his slip but he set up a great chance for Donis on Saturday and a great chance for Washington the previous Sunday. Great option to have ...

It’s not enough.

He’ll be down the road.

29 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Awful footballer though.

Awful in your expert opinion.....

27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly 👍

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I know it’s very early days but I have a bad feeling this guy ain’t going to cut it. Really hope I’m wrong.

I couldn't really say tbh. Started one game in Dingwall then subbed on in another.I don't see how he deserves a start as he hasn't played that well.

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

I couldn't really say tbh. Started one game in Dingwall then subbed on in another.I don't see how he deserves a start as he hasn't plated that well.

I won’t be writing him off this early obviously but my very early impression is he looks a bit lightweight.

23 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Usually arrive next day

Phoned the ticket office, they said they had been sent out... they are re-printing and I'll pick them up from the ticket office.. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I know it’s very early days but I have a bad feeling this guy ain’t going to cut it. Really hope I’m wrong.

At least its not a 3 year contract. So swings and roundabouts I guess.

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I won’t be writing him off this early obviously but my very early impression is he looks a bit lightweight.

I know what you mean but playing wide you can sometimes get away with that. See how he gets on but if he gets a start he must be showing up really well in training. 

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Who took the free kick at the very end of the game?

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Donis took it with clear instructions from Naismith what to do.

Lost in translation or 'no silly buggers' that a break could occur...i.e. have a go.

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

Phoned the ticket office, they said they had been sent out... they are re-printing and I'll pick them up from the ticket office.. 

👍

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

100%
some don’t want to see this though.

He was fantastic when he came on v Sevco, and again made a difference on Saturday there. He is a fantastic option to have in the bench. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I thought generally Sibbick was a bit disappointing but that was probably due to the fact he played so well in his debut.

The knock may have been a contributory factor however I think it was more down to the change of tactics from them and our inability to deal with it..  

They hit the ball over our wingbacks and used the pace they have and turned Halkett and Souttar.

I think this is our weakness with the style of play Stendel wants to play and we need more from our defensive mid and wingbacks to deal with it.

Tbh i feel like we are still trying to determine if current staff can do it.

Conceding 3 ( it could have been 6) will see you lose more than you win.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Bugger!

No thats good. Contract up in the summer. Should try and get him. 

Suspect Stendel will have his own targets though. 

Just watched Stendel and he seems raging with Sean Clare's performance on Saturday. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Smith comes back in at right back to steady things. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Just watched Stendel and he seems raging with Sean Clare's performance on Saturday. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Smith comes back in at right back to steady 

Plain that Smith is our best right back,  Stendel press conference,  what I read was incredibly supportive 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jambonian said:

………….….Adam, Robertson.

………….……………...Zlamal

All fair enough, Stendel doesn’t play a back three though. The players we have need to learn how to defend better, the two CHs included. We also need someone to do what Smith did in the Aberdeen game, mainly get back in between the CHs when we lose the ball if they go wide to cover the attacking fullbacks. I think defensive drills will be high on the agenda over the next few weeks.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Plain that Smith is our best right back,  Stendel press conference,  what I read was incredibly supportive 

Yep basically praised him for the goal but said his performance was nowhere near good enough . 

Wouldn't mind seeing Clare further up the park and Smith behind him . Especially away from home . 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We will lose an attacking threat if he plays there, he’s our best defensive RB but not great going forward. I prefer him at DM where he can cover for the fullbacks, we will see over the next two games though.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, One five said:

Hope Smith is fit .

He was at a ceremony at the weekend and said its touch and go for Wednesday but should be fine for Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was at a ceremony at the weekend and said its touch and go for Wednesday but should be fine for Saturday. 

Could do with him on Wednesday night but  maybe just a bit to soon.

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I'd love to know what Naismith said to him before he took the kick. I bet it wasn't "just put it out the park and we'll settle for a draw.

6 minutes ago, One five said:

Hope Smith is fit .

Me too, in midfield and with Irving further forward behind Naismith as a striker.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, One five said:

Could do with him on Wednesday night but  maybe just a bit to soon.

He misses a few games with a variety of injuries so better not to risk him maybe.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He makes me nervous!!

I played full back most of my days and when you knew the keeper was iffy you changed your game, sat in tried not to play offside too often and stop crosses. The centre halves dropped in a bit and would rather clear the lines than try play out. Invariably just left a big gap between midfield and defence which a half decent forward would run riot in. 

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He makes me nervous!!

I played full back most of my days and when you knew the keeper was iffy you changed your game, sat in tried not to play offside too often and stop crosses. The centre halves dropped in a bit and would rather clear the lines than try play out. Invariably just left a big gap between midfield and defence which a half decent forward would run riot in. 

Indeed, I played a holding midfield And covered CB or RB When needed, absolutely correct.

51 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Yep basically praised him for the goal but said his performance was nowhere near good enough . 

Wouldn't mind seeing Clare further up the park and Smith behind him . Especially away from home . 

Agreed on Clare further forward. He's scored two exceptional goals over the last month. Lets see if grab a few more.

Anyone 

Smith  Halkett Souttar White*

Irving Sibbick**

Clare      Naismith   Avdijaj***

Boyce 

* Could easily be Hickey if fit or even Garuccio 

** If Sibbick isn't fit it would be good to see what Langer is all about 

*** That attacking position could be any of Moore, Henderson, Walker, Washington, Meshino or Avdijaj; just like to see him get a start a build up some match sharpness. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He misses a few games with a variety of injuries so better not to risk him maybe.

Don’t think DS will play any player that’s not 100% fit from injury especially when he has options , he may play players that are not 100% match fit as they need game time .