• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

• One five

• Jambof3tornado

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

A bit harsh for Stendel to openly critical of Clare given right back isn’t his natural position

Clare himself said he and the team need to defend better than they did in the 2nd half, no filter with DS it would seem.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, One five said:

Don’t think DS will play any player that’s not 100% fit from injury especially when he has options , he may play players that are not 100% match fit as they need game time .

Looks that way, big difference it would seem.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clare himself said he and the team need to defend better than they did in the 2nd half, no filter with DS it would seem.

Fair enough. We’ve seen that Stendel can be a bit brutal - but I agree, Clare is in a different place now.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Fair enough. We’ve seen that Stendel can be a bit brutal - but I agree, Clare is in a different place now.

Definitely, I think Stendel will be drilling the team on how to defend properly in his system. Actually coaching and praising the players, showing them where they need to improve and how to do it. He praised him for his goal before saying he needs to defend better. I think everyone is a bit in between with Clare playing RB, good going forward but not great defensively. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will lose an attacking threat if he plays there, he’s our best defensive RB but not great going forward. I prefer him at DM where he can cover for the fullbacks, we will see over the next two games though.

I think Smith is fine going forward, provided more than 1 assist in our highest scoring performance. Similar goal to Clare for NI against Germany, arguably a better one.

Clares improvement is becoming the latest fallacy Smith cant attack

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think Smith is fine going forward, provided more than 1 assist in our highest scoring performance. Similar goal to Clare for NI against Germany, arguably a better one.

Clares improvement is becoming the latest fallacy Smith cant attack

It’s not a fallacy at all, hardly any assists and 2 goals with his left peg. He can’t pass or cross I’m afraid, his backing off approach has cost us goals at Kilmarnock and Hamilton so for me he should be in midfield helping out the defence and keeping it simple. It would seem Stendel sees it that way too as he’s hardly played  Smith at RB.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not a fallacy at all, hardly any assists and 2 goals with his left peg. He can’t pass or cross I’m afraid, his backing off approach has cost us goals at Kilmarnock and Hamilton so for me he should be in midfield helping out the defence and keeping it simple. It would seem Stendel sees it that way too as he’s hardly played  Smith at RB.

He was moved from right back to plug a hole,  chances are he may move back to his natural position. 

He's also rarely caught out of position has tactical discipline and knows how to play different styles hence the confidence in his versatility to play in the middle too or as a central defender previously. 

One thing is for sure the lack of tactical discipline,  with particular attention to our right side,  2nd half Saturday will almost certainly relegate us. Stendel has noted it in his comments on Monday. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he made an adjustment. 

Or is he as slavish to his method as the last manager was to his? I don't think so myself. Saturday 2nd half was as bad as anything this season,  they could have scored 5 easy 

19 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

A bit harsh for Stendel to openly critical of Clare given right back isn’t his natural position

Good management is all about man management. I remember Eric Black all pleased with himself after scoring a hat-trick in the first half against Celtic. Sitting in the away dressing room Fergie burst in and verbally slaughtered him about the chances he’d missed and what he had done wrong. That said Black was a lesson for just not him but his teammates that you always have to do better because that is what is expected from the boss. Stendel has made Clare to play a hell of a lot better and if he is criticising him he obviously thinks Clare has a lot more to give which will improve Hearts and Clare himself.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He was moved from right back to plug a hole,  chances are he may move back to his natural position. 

He's also rarely caught out of position has tactical discipline and knows how to play different styles hence the confidence in his versatility to play in the middle too or as a central defender previously. 

One thing is for sure the lack of tactical discipline,  with particular attention to our right side,  2nd half Saturday will almost certainly relegate us. Stendel has noted it in his comments on Monday. 

Or is he as slavish to his method as the last manager was to his? I don't think so myself. Saturday 2nd half was as bad as anything this season,  they could have scored 5 easy 

Definitely, he was moved but h could’ve been moved back but hasn’t yet. Clare was wandering inside a lot but wasn’t at fault at the goals, there was multiple mistakes by quite a few. Having watched the game now I get where people are coming from, the defence was all at sea no doubt.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Badly need a real holding midfielder to sit just in front of back four and protect when the full backs go charging forward. Could be Smith, Sibbick or Langer. Hopefully one of them is up to the job. 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Badly need a real holding midfielder to sit just in front of back four and protect when the full backs go charging forward. Could be Smith, Sibbick or Langer. Hopefully one of them is up to the job. 

Smith is deffo capable, also when Sibbick is fully fit will do the job ,we will find out soon what Langer is like hopefully 👍

22 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s because he has the most potential in the squad..... if he improves he will play in the premiership one day 

Needs to work on positioning gets that right he is the real deal has everything in his locker. 

Alan Hutton played in  the premiership for a good few years  this guy is better 

54 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Pereira

Clare Halkett Souttar white

Irving Sibbick

Washington Naismith Avdijaj

Boyce

Think this will be the team but maybe Henderson instead of Avdijaj 

Was impressed with white against rangers 

1 hour ago, One five said:

Smith is deffo capable, also when Sibbick is fully fit will do the job ,we will find out soon what Langer is like hopefully 👍

Sibbick is the best by miles for that role he is the predator 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely agree. Sibbick has been great in first half,  had the excuse of being carted to left back and first game against a top side, but not that excuse this time. 

We do need that force to cover the weaker full backs 

Zlamal

Clare                                             Halkett                                Souttar                              White/Hickey(unlikely)

Smith     <………………………..>       Hibbick                                        Henderson  

Irving                     

Boyce                                                             Naismith

Uche, Meshino, Bozanic, Washington, Avidjaj, New guy from Germany, Pereira.

Edited by upgotheheads

On 02/02/2020 at 16:19, RudiHMFC said:

Walker will do well to make the squad never mind start games.

I had hoped Walker would start tonight. On his performance tonight he deserves a place in the starting line up. A front 4 of Walker, Naismith, Washington and Boyce is the way forward.