Christophe Berra

mscjambo

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He's way past his sell by date - that's why he's at Hearts. 

Jesus suffering ****

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jamboscanbevicius

Could see him joining Robbie at Dundee Utd. Not itk. Could just imagine it being a move that might work for both.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Surely not trg with reserves? Wrong on so many levels.

What's the point in him training with the ''1st team'' if he isn't in consideration for selection? ''Made'' to train with the reserves is something that has grown legs on this thread. I think it's more he is welcome to train with them to maintain his fitness, (such as it is) should another club fancy him. I see no disrespect shown to him, just very direct honesty and being the man he is he probably appreciates that.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Too many player's have been going through the motions and getting away with slack standards 

If Berra is going then it doesn't look good for quite a few other's however he just hasn't performed or led from the front as a captain should and is responsible for our league position 

It's a pity that Christophe couldn't bow out at the end of the season as he has been a good servant to the club but it's a tough businesses and Stendel isn't messing around 

Who's next? 

If this true, I'd be very sad for Berra, been brilliant for us, but since the injury he got against smeltic, he hasn't been the same, lost at least a yard, but he does win the majority of headers, gonna be a big miss imo

If this true, I'd be very sad for Berra, been brilliant for us, but since the injury he got against smeltic, he hasn't been the same, lost at least a yard, but he does win the majority of headers, gonna be a big miss imo

pettigrewsstylist
57 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

When Tommy McLean made Mo Johnston train with reserves, or lower, I thought he was being a dick but unfortunately this time it is stand behind Stendel.  For Berra we will be playing a completely different game and he would be getting in the way.

Mo Johnston...Christophe Berra. Enough said.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

What's the point in him training with the ''1st team'' if he isn't in consideration for selection? ''Made'' to train with the reserves is something that has grown legs on this thread. I think it's more he is welcome to train with them to maintain his fitness, (such as it is) should another club fancy him. I see no disrespect shown to him, just very direct honesty and being the man he is he probably appreciates that.

Not worth explaining, i suspect.

47 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Show the guy a little respect. 

Think he has done extremely in his 2 stints with us. 

There's no disrespect. It's the truth. Do you disagree? Do you believe he's still got something to offer?

I appreciate Berra's service to the club. Unfortunately, he's been doing the club a disservice for the past year. I've lost count the amount of goals we've conceded where he's been directly or indirectly involved.

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He's way past his sell by date - that's why he's at Hearts. 

He was in the PFA Scotland team of the year in his first season back. The idea that he was finished when he arrived at Hearts is nonsense. He was injured and came back a significantly less mobile player but that wasn't why he signed.

6 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Could see him joining Robbie at Dundee Utd. Not itk. Could just imagine it being a move that might work for both.

A few people have made thus suggestion. Don't really understand why United would be keen. They are strolling the league, averaging 0.75 goals conceded per game.

Edited by Saint Jambo

I think three things.  Firstly, I hope he leaves us on good terms and is welcome back and wants to come back.  Secondly, I think it's a good decision.  Berra does not represent the future for us.  Finally, I suspect Stendel already has a replacement lined up.

I wish him every success in the future and if he wants to keep playing, I'm sure he would be an asset to a championship club.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not worth explaining, i suspect.

Not being funny but that's a pretty nonsensical answer. 

If true this is sad news. A hearts man through and through. I’ll never forget seeing him on crutches on the touchline willing the team on minutes after having his hamstring torn off the bone of his leg in the Celtic game.

i hope Stendel has someone better lined up to replace him.

Jamboscanbevicius
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

A few people have made thus suggestion. Don't really understand why United would be keen. They are strolling the league, averaging 0.75 goals conceded per game.

They might not be. But connections count for a lot and also some will see him as very experienced leader to bolster a team coming up.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

He was in the PFA Scotland team of the year in his first season back. The idea that he was finished when he arrived at Hearts is nonsense. He was injured and came back a significantly less mobile player but that wasn't why he signed.

He came to Hearts ostensibly because of his daughter - so I was reliably told. And that source was la famille Berra. Now we know otherwise. 

A car crash of a player who looks exactly like the Berra that left Hearts. 

I feel sorry for him ; and then I don't. 

Naismith will now know what awaits him  if he doesn't measure up. The knives are  out and not before time.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Perhaps. Whatever it is there is something underlying in how many injuries we get and secondly how we handle them.

Certainly CL has been a part of that.

I was told a story that at one of the AGM CLs name was captioned on the power point as coach/director of football/medical

He claimed to have study a video of JS op and also attended a briefing from a medical professional regarding this.

Not sure if bollocks or not but he shouldve been leaving that to the actual experts?

I think he should’ve left most of the work he did to experts.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

I believe he won’t be the only experienced player told they are free to find a new club. Obviously Whelan has already been told but there’s more to come. Trying to free up wages and space in the physio’s room.

I really hope you mean who I hope you mean. 😊

fabienleclerq
33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think with the nick of what's been going on round him in an unsettled team it's hard to judge properly. He's been paired with Berra who's lost faith in his pace so his positioning has started to err as he compensates, and Clevid who really lacks positional discipline. In combination with a very young full back still learning his position it's no surprise they aren't playing like a unit and impressing.

But Craig was good for livi and showed an understanding of the position that gives me a bit of hope for him in a team that functions better in general. 

I think the two other CH at livi had pace and helped him out a bit. Tbh last 5/6 games he's been worse than Berra, plays everyone onside and stands with his hand up. He cost us against Aberdeen switching off aswell. 

Like I said seems good 1v1 and is aggressive but needs to be much better. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

I’ve no idea who he was training with when that photo was taken. Could still be in his honeymoon as far as I know.

But even if he was training with another group of players, my other point still stands - the Oriam ain’t that big! He will still be “around”...

I agreed with that last bit 😃

Adam_the_legend
34 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Looks like the start of a comprehensive clear out....

The new line up at the end of the month will have to gel pretty quickly to get back to gaining points.

As opposed to the point gaining machine we have currently. Change is good. 

Adam_the_legend
17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He came to Hearts ostensibly because of his daughter - so I was reliably told. And that source was la famille Berra. Now we know otherwise. 

A car crash of a player who looks exactly like the Berra that left Hearts. 

I feel sorry for him ; and then I don't. 

Naismith will now know what awaits him  if he doesn't measure up. The knives are  out and not before time.

Have you been drinking? Berra was fantastic for us before his injury. 

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Have you been drinking? Berra was fantastic for us before his injury. 

Fantastic. Aye. 

He should never have been re-signed but if you're happy then fair dos. 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, The Merse said:

A shame for Berra that it’s come to this but can’t disagree that it’s the right thing to do.

This

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I have serious love for Stendel just now

he is not messing about 🤩🤩

This :2thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hmm. This only feels like a positive if we can actually find a way for him to leave in this window with a significant saving to the club (i.e. not paying a huge portion of his remaining contract or paying his wages while he is loaned out). If we fail to find a way for him to leave we are left with a highly respected senior player in the squad who is unhappy with the management. That doesn't feel like it would be great man management and has the potential to be really counter productive in the middle of a relegation dogfight.

It was a mistake to offer Berra an extra year on his contract so soon after coming back from injury last year. The worry I have is that this is a compounding mistake. I feel he could have been managed through to the summer, keeping him happy and inside the tent while still limiting his time on the pitch. If we can get him off the wage bill this window and bring someone in of better quality for less money then great, but we are a long way from that at the moment and it seems to me pretty unlikely. Far too early to be heaping praise on Stendel for this 'decisiveness' at the moment.

Christophe won’t sit about taking a wage, absolutely no chance. 

As I said in another thread I watched Hearts training yesterday and it was fast one touch football so not exactly suited to Christophe so that's why he wasn't training with the rest of the first team. Sadly he is not comfortable with the ball at his feet and struggles against fast forwards who can make his lack of pace obvious for all to see. Hearts are easy to play against as so predictable and teams were happy for Christophe to have the ball as he gave it straight back to them. A really great professional but we were crying out for change and have now got it. No pain, no gain sadly.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

What’s with the disrespect re training with reserves baloney.

He can’t play the way Stendel wants so what’s the point him training with the first team?

He’s not being punished - he doesn’t fit in with what what Stendel needs in the first team squad - in training or on the pitch.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

You could hear a lot of discord from the stands aimed at Christophe at times and I for one would not like to see the kind of hatred shown towards the last manager relocate itself on his shoulders, you could see he was hurting as well, so in that regard I'm glad he has been told to step away and think about his future.

many thanks big man and all the best to you & yours. 

It's very sad that it has happened, but is it possible that Christophe is feeling relieved at this decision? He didn't look happy while playing the last wee while, and this may take a huge weight of his shoulders. He is just married and this could be a good time for a fresh start for him. 

Again, I might be talking bollocks.

56 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fantastic. Aye. 

He should never have been re-signed but if you're happy then fair dos. 

In his first season back we had the 3rd tightest defence in the league and he was named in the team of the year. It's not the fault of him or anyone else that injury has finished him prematurely. He played consistently in the English Championship the season before that. I've no idea why you think he was finished when we signed him but you're clearly wrong. 

Not convinced having him train with the reserves is a good idea, if true. There's no guarantee he'll get a move and alienates a squad member who could be important in the run in. 

The more I think about this the more I hope it has been handled well.  We don't have a great track record with the way some of our best players have left with Bauld being the prime example.

Rather than being leaked by the Sun, I would much have preferred it to be announced by AB, thanking him for his great service to the club.

Coburg Hearts
47 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The more I think about this the more I hope it has been handled well.  We don't have a great track record with the way some of our best players have left with Bauld being the prime example.

Rather than being leaked by the Sun, I would much have preferred it to be announced by AB, thanking him for his great service to the club.

Relax, Doug, I don't think we'll be charging Christophe for a ball. haha

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

What would she have said?

He is still here.

A great player for us in the past, but hasn't been the same. 

He was dropped before, this season, on field injury meant that lasted about 15 mins.

Training with the reserves is natural too, if he is out of the plans, keeps him fit, and if he's not being considered for more games, makes sense,

Whatever is next for Christophe I wish him the best, but 100% the right thing for the manager to do.

5 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Was his name not guid and Scottish enough for him?

Probably attended the wrong school for some on here.

Strange how Leveins head on a spike planted on the Plaza would have been roundly applauded on here when probably his worst decision in playing a captain who was the epitome of his most recent managerial style and in my opinion  cost him is job is due some sort of respect. 

Good job Daniel Stendal isn't a frothing mess sitting in the corner bashing away on his keyboard blaming everything on the previous managers. 

Sorry, I won't be sorry to see Berra go and it's not take Stendal long to realise where our problems lie. 

grumpy rebus

Sorry to see the man go, but glad to see the player he has become go, if that makes sense. A brave decision from DS and one I’m not sure I (or many of us in here) could have made. 

If only the great, tough nosed, hard, successful business woman was this ruthless we would not be in this ****ing mess.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

If only the great, tough nosed, hard, successful business woman was this ruthless we would not be in this ****ing mess.

Jesus **** , AB really lives rent free in your head. Is there ever a post about anything where you dont bring up your hared of AB.