• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shame for the guy, he’s been a good servant to the Club. 
He never recovered from that injury against Celtic

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Good news 

Just a tad harsh that comment

It may be the correct footballing decision but he deserves a little respect from the fans

SpruceBringsteen

I'll not hear a bad word said against him, but this is what is best for both parties - glad DS has seen it that way. 

Just now, The Merse said:

A shame for Berra that it’s come to this but can’t disagree that it’s the right thing to do.

Was just about to post the same. I doubt he'll be surprised at the decision.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Good news 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

It may be the correct footballing decision but he deserves a little respect from the fans

Indeed he does.

Hearts through and through but ultimately it's the correct decision. Never really recovered from the injury he picked up in my opinion. 

Good servant and always gave everything. Massive reason we won a few derbies at Easter Road. Always put his body on the line.

Sadly hasn’t come close to the form he had pre injury & will be a big earner, so it makes sense.

Wish him all the best. Cheers Christophe!

Edited by HMFC86

I think if he's not going to play it makes sense to let him move on. I think the body has given up on him a bit. The mind wants to do, the legs can't back it up.

Respect him as a Jambo. A great servant. But I guess there's no room for sentiment. He deserves respect never gave anything but his best for the jersey in both his spells. Club captain.

But can't argue with the decision from a football perspective really

Bazzas right boot

Good news if replaced with better. 

Bad news if replaced with journey men or shite. 

Hopefully gets a send off  either way. 

I still think he deserves a place at the club. He'd make a handy back up. 

Sad news but not unexpected given performances. 

I’m not surprised. Strangely enough, I actually thought Berra looked slightly better under Stendel than he had latterly under the previous regime. Still a liability,  though, which was said to see.

Suspect he might not be as easy to shift off the books as some may hope, mind. Not sure many clubs around who will be willing to pick up the remaining 18-month tab...

Edited by Peebo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'll not hear a bad word said against him, but this is what is best for both parties - glad DS has seen it that way. 

Correct x a million 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, communist said:

I still think he deserves a place at the club. He'd make a handy back up. 

Sad news but not unexpected given performances. 

Agree. 

Also, we need to replace him before saying it's a good thing. 

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's exactly what he has become though, so dont see your point.

I honestly have loved Christophe but this is 100% the correct decision.

...a bit disco
Just now, Barack said:

Won't get respect from that troll though, m8.

Obviously not.

Was his name not guid and Scottish enough for him?

Hope he finds a club. Even if we offload him on loan for half of what we paying him it would be worthwhile

Not sure it's necessary to make him train with the reserves, he's never been the sort to cause unrest or anything. Deserves a bit better than that imo, even if the decision to move him on may be the right one. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don’t think it will be hard to get better than Berra at the moment, unfortunately. 

Tennant's  6's

Bad way to bow out, but it's been clear for ages that he lost a lot after that injury at the start of last season. 

And he's shown no leadership  qualities at all. 

It's a shame for the guy, but it's good to see that bold, hard decisions are finally being made.

Dallas Green

I understand this frees up a wage and he has been really poor recently but I still feel bad for him.

Wanted to end his career here, his first season back he was outstanding but that injury against Celtic has ruined him.

Hopefully gets a decent send off.

Trying to think of any Hearts player that reached a certain age and just completely lost what made them great in such a short period of time. Maybe Jamie Walker.

His form for the last year has been horrific. 

He was a great player, a great captain and a great guy. This is very sad but this years Berra is nowhere near the player he once was. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Not sure it's necessary to make him train with the reserves, he's never been the sort to cause unrest or anything. Deserves a bit better than that imo, even if the decision to move him on may be the right one. 

Not unless there's been some sort of dissent 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, chester copperpot said:

That's exactly what he has become though, so dont see your point.

I honestly have loved Christophe but this is 100% the correct decision.

He wasn't shite Ffs. 

I'm glad you trust Stendel 100%.

I'll back him but results in the future will determine if him being here and decisions like this are 100% correct. 

I admire your blind faith, tho. 

I am optimistic, but aware that this could go horribly wrong. 

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I don't believe for one second that part is correct.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I don’t think it will be hard to get better than Berra at the moment, unfortunately. 

People say things like that all the time on here about players, managers, coaches ..... 

Just now, cosanostra said:

Trying to think of any Hearts player that reached a certain age and just completely lost what made them great in such a short period of time. Maybe Jamie Walker.

He was a great player, a great captain and a great guy. This is very sad but this years Berra is nowhere near the player he once was. 

Hmm interesting point. Only one I can remember was Neil McCann when he resigned. Picked up a bad injury against Killie and never recovered. 

Shame for him, but he's been really struggling for a year since that Celtic Hamstring pull. Was really odd how he went from dominant to a liability so suddenly and unremittingly... Wish him luck whereever he goes. Could still do a job for someone but Stendel's style is not for him...

Have to say also that the lack of apparent leadership skills in someone who was skipper at age 21 has been really weird...

Edited by Spellczech

Why fear the future? Stendel obviously doesn’t and we’ve moved on from good players in the past to find new heroes.  

Too much fear has been bred into Hearts over the last while. 

Stendal is exactly what we have  needed. Completely void of any history or sentiment to players of this club and that can only be a good thing. Levein became guilty of the old mates thing and was completely blinded by his loyalty to folk. 

I wish Berra well. Great servant and a really good player to boot

Captain Canada

It's the right decision as he's been a weak link for a while now and it's obvious the injury has hit him hard.

He's had a very good career and always tried his hardest. It's a shame for him how this has happened and I wish him all the best. 

Edited by Captain Canada

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Stevie frail, Peter Oliver come to mind

Locke as well.

Say What Again

Nothing bad to say against Berra, but also glad DS is happy to clear out what he feels he doesn’t need.  

Right decision and happens all the time 

coatbridgejambo
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

spot on

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

People say things like that all the time on here about players, managers, coaches ..... 

Come on, Dikamona looked head and shoulder above Berra when he played against Aberdeen. We will bring in better. 

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Hmm interesting point. Only one I can remember was Neil McCann when he resigned. Picked up a bad injury against Killie and never recovered. 

The difference between first spell McCann and second spell McCann was colossal too i guess.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Shame for him, but he's been really struggling for a year since that Celtic Hamstring pull. Was really odd how he went from dominant to a liability so suddenly and unremittingly... Wish him luck whereever he goes. Could still do a job for someone but Stendel's style is not for him...

Tbf, the whole team has went that way. 

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He wasn't shite Ffs. 

I'm glad you trust Stendel 100%.

I'll back him but results in the future will determine if him being here and decisions like this are 100% correct. 

I admire your blind faith, tho. 

I am optimistic, but aware that this could go horribly wrong. 

Theres no point debating with you as you just seem to think your opinion is always the right one.

Berra has been very poor for a fair while now.

If you cant see that them I'm afraid you don't see things objectively. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It sends a resounding message,  the lax days are over. 

Brutal sport requires brutal management sometimes 

3fingersreid

Bit harsh just cause he didn’t invite Herr Stendel to the wedding 😱

Seriously tho thanks for the service you gave the club Christophe , I do hope you decide to retire and give your body a chance to recover rather than dropping down the leagues .🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

If Berra goes as it stands we will have precisely zero players good in the air. 

MacPhee will provide the stats to show how many headed clearances are required each game.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Stevie frail, Peter Oliver come to mind

Locke as well.

Damn, you're right. Frail was not great after his long injury and Locke never recovered after his first massive injury.

I don't remember Peter Oliver.