Christophe Berra

mscjambo

The_razors_edge
Just now, Sir Gio said:

It sends a resounding message,  the lax days are over. 

Brutal sport requires brutal management sometimes 

Indeed. I, for one, fully endorse this ruthless approach from the new manager. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this is true I think it's a disgusting way for Berra to be treated and does Stendel absolutely no credit.

The man has given his all for the club and deserves to be treated with respect.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Stendal is exactly what we have  needed. Completely void of any history or sentiment to players of this club and that can only be a good thing. Levein became guilty of the old mates thing and was completely blinded by his loyalty to folk. 

I wish Berra well. Great servant and a really good player to boot

:greatpost:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Come on, Dikamona looked head and shoulder above Berra when he played against Aberdeen. We will bring in better. 

Well both had brain farts at Pittodrie. Dikamona is shite as a long term option 

In addition, Halkett has been a far greater bombscare defensively this season than Berra.  After MacLean and Whelan he should have been next out the door.

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Spoleto said:

If this is true I think it's a disgusting way for Berra to be treated and does Stendel absolutely no credit.

Who says he has been disrespected? There is no room for sentiment, especially when facing relegation.

7 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Not sure it's necessary to make him train with the reserves, he's never been the sort to cause unrest or anything. Deserves a bit better than that imo, even if the decision to move him on may be the right one. 

Poetic licence there, I suspect. Do we even have a distinct training group for the “reserves”? 

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

What would respect be given current circumstances? Keeping him in the squad for old times sake while we battle relegation or try and replace him?

Hopefully if he does go there is some warm words from the club etc.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Theres no point debating with you as you just seem to think your opinion is always the right one.

Berra has been very poor for a fair while now.

If you cant see that them I'm afraid you don't see things objectively. 

Ok, don't then

That is why I said if he's replaced with better--good. 

If not, bad. 

That is being objective, but also pragmatic. 

If Berra has been told to go, we have Halkett and Dikamona as our fit centre halves at this moment in time. 

Imo Berra is better than Dikamona and his form has been on par with Halketts. 

Forgive me for not going 100% in until I've seen the whole picture. 

You crack on tho. 

SectionDJambo

He deserves the respect of Hearts’ fans, but he has not been the same player, or leader, since that injury.

If the being told to train with the reserves is true, then perhaps that is a step too far. He has still 18 months left, so he doesn’t have to go anywhere, unless he gets a pay off. Is there a chance that the hope is that he maybe able to positively influence the younger boys while he’s still here?

Ultimately, Daniel Stendel seems to have plans to quickly change the style and attitude of our team. What will be more of interest will be who he brings in to replace the players being told their first team days are gone.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

How about in pure footballing terms? It must be the correct decision though right?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well both had brain farts at Pittodrie. Dikamona is shite as a long term option 

To be fair. CL gave him next to no minutes in preseason, trained the team for 4-4-2, then through him cold into a back 3 who were about to defend a corner.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Disgusting in what way? Telling a player he is free to leave if he can find another club, as he’s no longer in the managers plans? Perfectly respectful. 

Made to “train with the reserves”? Struggling to believe that. Agree that would be disrespectful, if true. 

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Poetic licence there, I suspect. Do we even have a distinct training group for the “reserves”? 

You cannot axe a club captain and still have him around -  Fergie & Roy Keane as an example...

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Stendal is exactly what we have  needed. Completely void of any history or sentiment to players of this club and that can only be a good thing. Levein became guilty of the old mates thing and was completely blinded by his loyalty to folk. 

I wish Berra well. Great servant and a really good player to boot

👍  exciting times

Pasquale for King

It’s a shame but it’s the right decision, he should never have been given the extra year. Dundee United could do worse than taking him on for the rest of the season, if they can afford him.

19 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Good news 

You truely are a horrible individual 😑

Wether it is the right decision or not he has given a lot to the club and deserves a bit of respect

Just now, Spellczech said:

You cannot axe a club captain and still have him around -  Fergie & Roy Keane as an example...

I agree.

Not sure how “training with the reserves” will impact that, though. The Oriam ain’t that big (and neither is our playing staff)!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Bunny Munro said:

To be fair. CL gave him next to no minutes in preseason, trained the team for 4-4-2, then through him cold into a back 3 who were about to defend a corner.

To be fair all he had to achieve was standing up straight 

Ricardo Shillyshally

What's the problem with training with the reserves??? That's the team we have for players who are not in the first team. Its not hard labour in Siberia for FFS

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

respect yes but its clearly the right decision for the club moving forward

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, sadj said:

Wether it is the right decision or not he has given a lot to the club and deserves a bit of respect

You could say the same about Levein 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Come on, Dikamona looked head and shoulder above Berra when he played against Aberdeen. We will bring in better. 

Ffs, one game. 

Dikamona has also had a few horrendous games. 

Halkett has been poor too. 

Berra no better or worse imo. 

Anyway, as I said if we get better in- great. 

If not, not so much. 

As with CL, getting rid of personal is the start, the replacements are the important part. 

Jury is out on that atm. 

I'm hopeful tho. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

What captain of the sinking ship. **** him

::troll::

It’s a shame but that injury has ****ed him. It was obvious from the St Johnstone game that he wouldn’t be able to play under Herr Stendel. Best of luck to him. 

Feel sorry for him but football games are not won by feeling sorry.  Its ruthless but the correct decision, berra lost a yard or two of pace after that Celtic injury.

Just now, cosanostra said:

How about in pure footballing terms? It must be the correct decision though right?

In pure footballing terms yes - he clearly doesn't have a long term future at the club. But to be stripped of the Captaincy and sent to train with the reserves?

17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I have serious love for Stendel just now

he is not messing about 🤩🤩

This. Lets just hope there is someone who can replace him fairly quick.

Just now, Peebo said:

I agree.

Not sure how “training with the reserves” will impact that, though. The Oriam ain’t that big (and neither is our playing staff)!

Or every single ex-International Captain there has every been in the history of football!!!  (even better example! haha)

Just now, Spoleto said:

In pure footballing terms yes - he clearly doesn't have a long term future at the club. But to be stripped of the Captaincy and sent to train with the reserves?

If he is not gonna play for the 1st team again then why not train with the reserves?

Just now, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

What's the problem with training with the reserves??? That's the team we have for players who are not in the first team. Its not hard labour in Siberia for FFS

Exactly.

Reports he is on 6,000 a week. 

Since his injury he is done. 

Yet refuses to admit it. And a die hard jaambo. 

He is hurting over it. 

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Disgusting in what way? Telling a player he is free to leave if he can find another club, as he’s no longer in the managers plans? Perfectly respectful. 

Made to “train with the reserves”? Struggling to believe that. Agree that would be disrespectful, if true. 

Well that's what the report said. I can only base my comments on that Peebo.

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This. Lets just hope there is someone who can replace him fairly quick.

By "fairly quick" I hope you mean immediately.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, busby1985 said:

Hopefully we get to give him a clap or something at the Airdrie game. 

Got enough bad news already without giving him the clap

Ricardo Shillyshally

I think it was Dylan McGowan who said Berra would heeder a missile back to North Korea. Christophe will be fondly remembered for both spells, but we must move on

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well that's what the report said. I can only base my comments on that Peebo.

Which bit do you think is disgusting? 

Another who was given a stupidly long contract considering his age.

A shame that it looks like ending this way, but the right decision all the same.

A fantastic servant to the club and if he goes then it is with my best wishes.

4 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

He is hurting over it. 

If that is true we will struggle to offload him anytime soon.  The correct decision though.  Hopefully Jamie Walker is next out the door.

4 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

He is hurting over it. 

He will be on very good money. As I said above, we will struggle to find any club willing to pay anything like what we are now, and will probably have to eat much of the remainder of the 18-month deal. 

Is that worth it to save some money and have a clean slate (ie hard to see him hanging around)? Probably. 

Something's not been right with him for a while. A real shame it's ended like this, I hoped he would retire here.

Sadly he's just not good enough anymore.

The Apprentice
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He wasn't shite Ffs. 

I'm glad you trust Stendel 100%.

I'll back him but results in the future will determine if him being here and decisions like this are 100% correct. 

I admire your blind faith, tho. 

I am optimistic, but aware that this could go horribly wrong. 

It can’t go much more horribly wrong than it has done so far this season though. Big changes are needed. 

Not purely out of sentiment but I’d be happy to keep Berra as backup as he’d still do a job when needed, but he can’t be relied on every week now.