• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• E6 Inc

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Perth Fermers 2 - The Hearts 3

As one of the world's top showmen states...

That's not a prediction. That's a spoiler!!

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Frankfurter said:

There was something about trying to offload him to Dundee United last night, wasn't there?

No, robbie wasnt interested. Might have been walkers agent trying to drum up a loan. 

Walker will need several key players to get injured before he gets a chance.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye Stendel said during the week he was unlikely to make it. Expect him in the squad for Killie I'd guess. 

Cheers, must've missed that, too busy looking at the transfer thread!

1 minute ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Aye we do.

He's consistently played 4231.

Sometimes with 5 strikers 😀

Edited by HoGwash

Just now, HoGwash said:

Sometimes you can't put a number on it. Formations change minute by minute.

I agree it's most consistently 4231, but at times against Rangers, we looked 442 and we've been 424 and 4141 and other stuff too! It ain't the rigid, don't leave your spot type shit the lads have had forced on them for the previous year or two

17 minutes ago, kila said:

Pereira

Clare         Halkett         Souttar         White

Sibbick         Irving

Meshino       Naismith         Henderson

Boyce

Thanks . Why do we show team in wrong order . Does my short attention span nut in 

PaulHartley10
4 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Sometimes with 5 strikers 😀

Could have sworn we've been lining up with Henderson and Moore playing RM and LM in a 4-4-2! 

Don't fancy Meshino tracking back so hope it is a 4-2-3-1. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Sometimes you can't put a number on it. Formations change minute by minute.

I agree it's most consistently 4231, but at times against Rangers, we looked 442 and we've been 424 and 4141 and other stuff too! It ain't the rigid, don't leave your spot type shit the lads have had forced on them for the previous year or two

Agree that we're now impressively fluid but my point was in response to a comment about Meshino playing wide as part of a 442, which is not generally how we line up. 

Just now, HoGwash said:

Agree that we're now impressively fluid but my point was in response to a comment about Meshino playing wide as part of a 442, which is not generally how we line up. 

Na, agreed. He won't have the defensive duties you'd expect of a wide guy in a 442.

1 minute ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Could have sworn we've been lining up with Henderson and Moore playing RM and LM in a 4-4-2! 

Don't fancy Meshino tracking back so hope it is a 4-2-3-1. 

As long as we pump St Johnstone I guess none of us will mind how we line up 👍

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Thanks . Why do we show team in wrong order . Does my short attention span nut in 

At least with Stendel you know what system he plays so you can figure it out, under Levein the system and players changed every week so I'd never know how we'd line up! 

PaulHartley10
1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

As long as we pump St Johnstone I guess none of us will mind how we line up 👍

I'm going 2-1...fancy Boyce again! 👍

6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I think it's to do with squad number?? - annoys me too for some reason

1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

At least with Stendel you know what system he plays so you can figure it out, under Levein the system and players changed every week so I'd never know how we'd line up! 

Keep thinking this nonsense will dry up but you've managed to prove me wrong 

12 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Trying to confuse the opposition manager? Might actually work with some of them.

Just now, Frankfurter said:

Trying to confuse the opposition manager? Might actually work with some of them.

Our opposition manager today being prime candidate for that

5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Keep thinking this nonsense will dry up but you've managed to prove me wrong 

So we are never allowed to poke fun at our not so recent past? Lighten up.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Good team. Would have maybe played Washington over Meshino but I'd defo have started Henderson. 

Agreed. Washington is a decent player, just not a natural goal scorer. Similar to Clare if we can find the right position for Washington reckon he will be an asset to the team. 

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Any mention of what's up with Langer? Expected him to be in the squad.

Only joined yesterday. Would expect him to be on the bench for Wednesday night. 

58 minutes ago, Taffin said:

On on the bench or in the stand would be my guess. Irving offers something, no doubt about it, but if those two start then there is no place for him in the 11.

Irving should be a priority in terms of development. Will be disappointed if he becomes a benchwarmer in favour of guys who will likely only be here a few months. 

Edited by TheOak88

Only 1 player over 30 in the starting 11. Average age of 23 yrs 8 months. Drops to 22yrs 9 months if Hickey comes back in for White!!

Diadora Van Basten

We’ve had a couple of decent results this season and the fans have turned out in numbers only to be let down.

I really like the look of the team today and hopefully we can throw off the shackles and put in a performance today. If so then I think 3-0 is possible.

13 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

You're allowed to do what you want, others are allowed to get sick of it.

Gimme an H...

Looked at my usual places but can't seem to see any streams... There must be a stream somewhere? 

4 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Looked at my usual places but can't seem to see any streams... There must be a stream somewhere? 

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Hate to be that guy (again) but does anyone have a stream link? Or IPTV link

If you can hold off game is on ALBA tonight.

I do feel some folk are getting carried away with their predictions considering the team has been awful for 18 months and has not won a game outside of Edinburgh for a year. 

On the basis, I’m going 5-1 to us. 😀

Massive game for Meshino today.  His away form (Easter Rd aside) has been shocking and we’ve kicked on a bit since he last played.  Would have preferred him on the bench today and starting at home midweek.  

Needs to work a lot harder to get involved or I suspect he’ll be hooked and replaced by Washington or Moore quite early.  

19 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Agreed. Washington is a decent player, just not a natural goal scorer. Similar to Clare if we can find the right position for Washington reckon he will be an asset to the team. 

Yep. He's either a second forward alongside Boyce or plays on the wing. No danger is he going to lead the line with Boyce here. 

16 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Irving should be a priority in terms of development. Will be disappointed if he becomes a benchwarmer in favour of guys who will likely only be here a few months. 

Agreed. His vision, passing ability to break lines and set pieces are an ability that players at this level don't have. He's becoming a critical player. I certainly wouldn't want to see him dropped for a ball winner who plays simple 5 yard passes. 

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

I do feel some folk are getting carried away with their predictions considering the team has been awful for 18 months and has not won a game outside of Edinburgh for a year. 

On the basis, I’m going 5-1 to us. 😀

:D

I think this game will be a truer test of where we currently are and how much we have improved. Going for a 2-0 win. Boyce double. 

55 minutes ago, kila said:

EPscl9nWAAEeW5x?format=jpg&name=medium

The bench 😮

I remember speaking to Gary Caldwell, he was at Wigan at the time. They’d just been beaten at Man City, Aguero bagged a hatrick, that wasn’t his worse memory however, he said the back 4 had chased Aguero and Tevez all over the park and been bossed by Yaya in midfield, the sub board went up and those 3 left the pitch much to their relief only for Balotelli, Dzeko and Nasri to come on, he said the back 4 just looked each other and wanted to wave the white flag! Not saying we have that quality but imagine chasing Naismith Boyle and Meshino all day only for Uche Washington and Avdiaj to come on, you’d be knackered!

29 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I'm light as feck . When it's just occasional fair enough . Ad nauseaum its all a bit tedious 

Edited by johnthomas

I think people need to keep themselves in check. This is going to be a very hard game where we haven't won in a longtime and our away form is pish.

3 points would be ideal and 1 not a disaster.