Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, seeing that more and more here as well, even seen people wearing masks when they are the only person on that side of the street and there is nobody within 20 metres of them and they have still got a mask on.

And wtf is it with people wearing a mask in a car, especially when they are the only person in that car, maybe they think covid comes out of the exhaust pipe of the cars in front.

This is what fear does to people.

The mental health of the nation is screwed and there is going to be a massive price to pay in years to come both in the health of the nation and the financial consequences of having to treat all the mental health issues which are already arising out of all of this.

Are Japanese folk and other countries folk all mentally ill, because they take time to think about others. This islands people need a right good look at themselves. Can't live without drink, Smokes, Drugs and the freedom to pass on disease. 

Wee souls mental illness is under threat because of face masks. :rofl: 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, cause it was wasn't possibly the staff who were infecting the inmates. Going from home to home, killing all the old folk. And as we see, the young and some middle aged are fine with this, as long as they can get themselves pished. 

The care home owners and their thick as Feck staff are to blame for the spread of covid in care homes. 

You my friend are a Grade A arsehole. 
People have no real idea the conditions and things care staff have to put up with. I will tell my wife she’s thick as feck for working all through this crap, and stupidly being diagnosed with Covid last week, as multiple residents have died recently. We are both self isolating because she is thick as feck.

Aye right- Dickhead

More than happy taking any ban coming my way  

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Isn't there a process where constituents can petition to have an MP removed ?

In other words sacked. 

This women has endangered the public, her work colleagues and fellow MPs plus her family. 

Grounds for dismissal in any other job. 

People have been jailed for passing on HIV when knowing themselves to be infected. 

Yes most likely but the constituency office is controlled by the Snp and we know they are as corrupt as the ones down in Westminster and would probably block or not disclose any 

motions to do so 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Isn't there a process where constituents can petition to have an MP removed ?

In other words sacked. 

This women has endangered the public, her work colleagues and fellow MPs plus her family. 

Grounds for dismissal in any other job. 

People have been jailed for passing on HIV when knowing themselves to be infected. 

I just said that in the post and previous posts.  

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Are Japanese folk and other countries folk all mentally ill, because they take time to think about others. This islands people need a right good look at themselves. Can't live without drink, Smokes, Drugs and the freedom to pass on disease. 

Wee souls mental illness is under threat because of face masks. :rofl: 

Pity you didn't think of others when you went to work with the flu, goodness knows how many people you could have passed it on to.

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps you missed the question mark in my post? No point of accusing me of mendacity as I didn't come up with the figures.  Any vitriol is well placed though. Perhaps you can't see the dodgy stats that Whitty, Johnson, Hancock and Sturgeon are feeding us, but times like this call for a bit of critical thinking..

Where are the figures that back up your claim? Where is your critical thinking?

4 minutes ago, samgolden said:

Yes most likely but the constituency office is controlled by the Snp and we know they are as corrupt as the ones down in Westminster and would probably block or not disclose any motions to do so 

She now holds her seat as an Independent MP. Why would the SNP block any move to have her ousted from that seat? They'll want an SNP party member to get the chance to replace her.

"First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said no party leader has the power to force an MP to resign from parliament.

But she said Ms Ferrier's "lapse of judgement" was "so significant and so unacceptable" that she should step down.

Speaking on Sky's Sophie Ridge on Sunday programme, Ms Sturgeon said: "We suspended her from the party and we now have a due process to go through. I can't unilaterally decide to expel somebody.

"But I couldn't be clearer - she should step down.

"I've read her comments in the media today but I still hope she will do the right thing.

Just now, coconut doug said:

Where are the figures that back up your claim? Where is your critical thinking?

The figures were quoted by a previous poster in relation to the daily stats. I haven't a clue if they are correct and don't care either. I was asking the question that, if they are, why are we effectively back in a partial lockdown based on those stats??

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The EEN reporting that visitors to the cancer ward at the Western where "several" people died do not routinely check visitors' temperature. FFS, I get checked when I go into Montpeliers!!.  Also policy to wear masks on the ward but it's up to the individual ward staff "whether it is enforced or not". WTF. You couldn't make this sh*t up.  Cancer patients are more vulnerable than anyone yet are being completely disregarded during this sh*t show.

According to yesterday's Telegraph almost a quarter of all patients with Coronavirus in hospitals caught the virus while in hospital.

Hospitals seem to be more dangerous than pubs.

As I  have posted the husband of a friend with advanced COPD developed severe breathing difficulties and was taken into hospital. His wife (a former nurse) took him out immediately

when she found he had been put in a ward with Covid19 patients.

I am sure many in the NHS deserve their hero status and their honours but the inquiry that will follow this needs to take a hard look at the NHS response. 

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

The figures were quoted by a previous poster in relation to the daily stats. I haven't a clue if they are correct and don't care either. I was asking the question that, if they are, why are we effectively back in a partial lockdown based on those stats??

We're back in partial lockdown because there are more people in hospital with Covid-19 right now than there were in March just before the first lockdown.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

What's with folk wearing face masks while walking down the street now? Have seen it more and more over the last few months, even living in a reasonably quiet residential area.

Gives me the heebie-jeebies, and wish people would refrain.

Have you encountered the paranoid ninjas yet?....

the ones who would jump into the flow of traffic on a road to maintain a 2m distance.  I mentioned a while back that a guy walking towards me on a normal width path with none of us wearing a mask.......he couldn’t go wide as the road was busy so, he decided to scale a wall about 4foot high until I walked past.....I mean ffs.

1 minute ago, daftie said:

People have no real idea the conditions and things care staff have to put up with. I will tell my wife she’s thick as feck for working all through this crap, and stupidly being diagnosed with Covid last week, as multiple residents have died recently. We are both self isolating because she is thick as feck.

Aye right- Dickhead

Daftie 

Thats Human nature some are beyond contempt you my friend a ban (NO)  the clown who posted that yes 

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Pity you didn't think of others when you went to work with the flu, goodness knows how many people you could have passed it on to.

I know. Just as well I didn't go near anyone and wore a dustmask. 👍

Now... On the other hand, there's you lot, who are actively committed to causing harm. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

11 minutes ago, daftie said:

Aye right- Dickhead

giphy.gif

I know. Just as well I didn't go near anyone and wore a dustmask. 👍

Now... On the other hand, there's you lot, who are actively committed to causing harm. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Explain please, how I am actively committed to causing harm?

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, cause it was wasn't possibly the staff who were infecting the inmates. Going from home to home, killing all the old folk. And as we see, the young and some middle aged are fine with this, as long as they can get themselves pished. 

The care home owners and their thick as Feck staff are to blame for the spread of covid in care homes. 

Another vile comment from you ! Care home staff are not “thick as feck “ they see mostly hard working , low paid and under appreciated members of society . There were some inspiring news items about them during the lockdown which evidenced their good care to residents. It’s not the blame game u know 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

According to yesterday's Telegraph almost a quarter of all patients with Coronavirus in hospitals caught the virus while in hospital.

Hospitals seem to be more dangerous than pubs.

Interesting stat FA and similar to the situation back in March/April iirc. So, when they know it spreads in clusters within institutional settings; hospitals, care homes, etc. - the so called "k" number effect where 20% of positive cases are responsible for most of the infections in clusters, with the majority not infecting anyone, why are the govt and their scientific "experts" still ploughing along on the same failed course using a broad brush to lock down well run businesses where any spread is negligible. At the same time, tax payers are paying,  and will be for years to come, for businesses and staff to lie idle.  It's sheer madness 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif

You are  getting a few bites lately. 

Least it is more entertaining than Jambo 4 Ever. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We're back in partial lockdown because there are more people in hospital with Covid-19 right now than there were in March just before the first lockdown.

Or were in anyway when they caught it? Perhaps you can explain the logic of closing down pubs that conduct temperature checks and enforce mask wearing , to protect vulnerable cancer patients within a hospital ward where no temp checks are undertaken and mask wearing enforcement is "discretionary"??  Lunacy.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You are  getting a few bites lately. 

Least it is more entertaining than Jambo 4 Ever. 

I'm not convinced he's playing it for bites tbh.

So basically the higher deaths rates this week could be due to the care home and cancer unit at the WGH ? 

giphy.gif

Show me where I have said that I can't breathe wearing a mask.

Show me where I have said that I haven't worn a mask as and when I'm required to.

No, doesn't matter, because you can't, because you've just made that up.

But you still haven't answered my original question, of 'how I am actively committed to causing harm'?

Governor Tarkin
Just now, JamesM48 said:

So basically the higher deaths rates this week could be due to the care home and cancer unit at the WGH ? 

Defo pubs, mate.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Or were in anyway when they caught it? Perhaps you can explain the logic of closing down pubs that conduct temperature checks and enforce mask wearing , to protect vulnerable cancer patients within a hospital ward where no temp checks are undertaken and mask wearing enforcement is "discretionary"??  Lunacy.

I'd imagine that the resources aren't available to closely monitor what every single pub in the country is doing on a daily basis to decide which ones get to stay open.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Here's your post 

So Lothian is at 18 cases per 100k? And that's the same criteria we use for quaranting holidaymakers from certain countries? And with Johnson's new traffic light system,  we would be "green". Yet we're back into a partial lockdown??  What an ill thought out sh*t show!!

The question mark is irrelevant. I'm not disputing the figures posted by someone else, they are correct. I'm questioning your use of the figures to initiate another untruth to further your agenda i.e that these levels of infection are the same criteria for enforcing quarantine. Where are your figures? Maybe you don't care if they are correct either.

The fact that you don't care about accuracy merely tells us that you do not respect facts and yet you are the guy who frequently tells us that we don't understand because we don't use facts.

You should apologise to people on here for yet another misrepresentation of reality.

Francis Albert

We should be grateful for Ferrier identifying an as yet not widely publicised symptom of Covid19. It can make you do things out of character.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'd imagine that the resources aren't available to closely monitor what every single pub in the country is doing on a daily basis to decide which ones get to stay open.

Track and trace in England was able to identify that only 5% of positive cases alerted had been in close contact with someone in a hospitality setting. The whole approach to this stinks. 

Perhaps Sturgeon will be able to explain tomorrow why a cancer ward does not conduct temp checks on visitors to that ward. That is where this weeks deaths have come from, care homes and hospital sourced infections. Disgraceful.  Closing pubs and restaurants will not have any impact on  the number of cases, hospital admissions or deaths.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

That's that then.   Not resigning under any circumstances.   Citing all her "hard work and dedication" being too important.   Let's just see how dedicated she is to attending parliament and doing constituency work going forward.   

Indeed. Nothing whatsoever to do with the £82k per year plus benefits. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Closing pubs and restaurants will not have any impact on  the number of cases, hospital admissions or deaths.

Another bold Enzo prediction based on imagination and little else. Much like your fizzing out theory.

6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Here's your post 

So Lothian is at 18 cases per 100k? And that's the same criteria we use for quaranting holidaymakers from certain countries? And with Johnson's new traffic light system,  we would be "green". Yet we're back into a partial lockdown??  What an ill thought out sh*t show!!

The question mark is irrelevant. I'm not disputing the figures posted by someone else, they are correct. I'm questioning your use of the figures to initiate another untruth to further your agenda i.e that these levels of infection are the same criteria for enforcing quarantine. Where are your figures? Maybe you don't care if they are correct either.

The fact that you don't care about accuracy merely tells us that you do not respect facts and yet you are the guy who frequently tells us that we don't understand because we don't use facts.

You should apologise to people on here for yet another misrepresentation of reality.

You need to check your facts before posting.  If, and you have confirmed they are, the figures are correct then they are lower than the bar that was set - 20 per 100k - to decide whether or not, people had to self-isolate on return from any country that exceeded that bar.

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Similarly, you can’t open businesses which everyone in the entire country knows (at least some of them) will flout the rules, without any plans for enforcement whatsoever. When they re-open it’ll be exactly the same. 

You need to check your facts before posting.  If, and you have confirmed they are, the figures are correct then they are lower than the bar that was set - 20 per 100k - to decide whether or not, people had to self-isolate on return from any country that exceeded that bar.

Are those figures per day or per 7 days?

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Another bold Enzo prediction based on imagination and little else. Much like your fizzing out theory.

It's not difficult, we know the stats regarding hospitality.  We know where it is spreading, unpalatable as that may be to politicians. You work it out.

Just now, Gulpener said:

Are those figures per day or per 7 days?

I don't know about the local ones. The foreign countries were over 14 days iirc, decided each Thursday

Are you sure that the 20 per 100,000 figures are for the same period? 

Have you checked your facts before posting?

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif

Duggie
Its time for walkies maybe your barks worse than your bite my apologies though my post refers to you as human how silly am I to assume that 

Edited by samgolden

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Indeed. Nothing whatsoever to do with the £82k per year plus benefits. 

She'd be quick enough to quit if her wages were stopped.

I've thought for a long time, that there needs to be a system whereby, when an MP is suspended by their party that a cross-party committee look at the case of why the MP has been suspended and have the power to suspend that MP's salary if the offence is deemed to warrant it or the MP refuses to resign.

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

Are you sure that the 20 per 100,000 figures are for the same period? 

Have you checked your facts before posting?

We're trying to split the atom here. No, I don't know the exact period of the local area stats....I was not aware of them. The point is 20/100k was used to decide on quaranting and a lower figure is deemed too high to allow pubs/restaurants to open. That is the issue.  For context, the figures in Manchester or Liverpool are about 25 (TWENTY FIVE) times higher than Lothians.

48 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

She now holds her seat as an Independent MP. Why would the SNP block any move to have her ousted from that seat? They'll want an SNP party member to get the chance to replace her.

"First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said no party leader has the power to force an MP to resign from parliament.

But she said Ms Ferrier's "lapse of judgement" was "so significant and so unacceptable" that she should step down.

Speaking on Sky's Sophie Ridge on Sunday programme, Ms Sturgeon said: "We suspended her from the party and we now have a due process to go through. I can't unilaterally decide to expel somebody.

"But I couldn't be clearer - she should step down.

"I've read her comments in the media today but I still hope she will do the right thing.

Now she is independent but was an Snp before she was suspended and you telling me that the constituency office has no contact with it’s previous incumbents party now would they want another election to represent the constituency In the present situation with the fallout from the handling of this crisis I think not but that is only my view and I will respect yours 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

We're trying to split the atom here. No, I don't know the exact period of the local area stats....I was not aware of them. The point is 20/100k was used to decide on quaranting and a lower figure is deemed too high to allow pubs/restaurants to open. That is the issue.  For context, the figures in Manchester or Liverpool are about 25 (TWENTY FIVE) times higher than Lothians.

Rubbish. They are two sets of figures one is for cases per 100k over 1day and the other relates to a seven day period. It is thus reasonable to assume that current figures in Lothian are 7 times higher than the quarantine standard. A factor of 7 is not trying to split the atom.

I'm sure if Manchester had a rate 25 times higher than the Lothians then this thread and you in particular would be posting gushing praise for our FM and her handling of it. It's not true though the rate is around twice as much. Governments produce figures every day but the best way to stay informed IMO is with Travelling Tabby.  https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic