Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, graygo said:

I agree with that but it's none of those things can influence the number in hospital who have tested positive or the number in ICU. The numbers are definitely climbing but not sure how those statistics can be twisted.

ps. JIH - please don't claim that this is because we are not all wearing masks.

The folk that are in hospital now might previously have been the folk being sent back to the care homes to infect the staff and their bedfellows and die there.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, jonesy said:

It's 2020. Taste is no longer even an option for most, Nucky :( 

Strange bedfellows they may be, but Trump and the Virtue Signallers (which could be the worst motown group ever assembled) have pretty much made Twitter and the likes a complete no-man's land of unrepentantly lowest common denominator 'nah, your ma' type arguments.

I don't have twitter, but any time I've followed links posted elsewhere it looks like a bunch of agitators and pseudo intellectualls chomping at the bit to be outraged and get stuck right in to each other - and all this while providing the propagandists with the sort of main-line directly into folks brains that nefarious types the world over could previously only have ever dreamed of.

The odd spot of genius comedy aside it's an absolute shitshow. 

I suppose social media has become a sort of surrogate social life for many, though, so it's understandable that it could be someones firat point if call when they have a grievance to air.

15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't have twitter, but any time I've followed links posted elsewhere it looks like a bunch of agitators and pseudo intellectualls chomping at the bit to be outraged and get stuck right in to each other - and all this while providing the propagandists with the sort of main-line directly into folks brains that nefarious types the world over could previously only have ever dreamed of.

The odd spot of genius comedy aside it's an absolute shitshow. 

I suppose social media has become a sort of surrogate social life for many, though, so it's understandable that it could be someones firat point if call when they have a grievance to air.

So apart from the genius comedy you've summed up this thread perfectly then ☺

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Margaret Ferrier who is currently suspended by the SNP and is still an MP until she resigns or is ousted in some way is now saying that Covid made her do it and it was "blip".   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54496759

"Ms Ferrier is also believed to have attended Mass at a church in Glasgow after showing Covid symptoms."

This is the bit all PHM should be concerned about. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

So apart from the genius comedy you've summed up this thread perfectly then ☺

Quite. 🙃

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

"Ms Ferrier is also believed to have attended Mass at a church in Glasgow after showing Covid symptoms."

No it was ok because there was plenty of ventilation in the church, they had all the sash and case windows opened.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The folk that are in hospital now might previously have been the folk being sent back to the care homes to infect the staff and their bedfellows and die there.

Aye, cause it was wasn't possibly the staff who were infecting the inmates. Going from home to home, killing all the old folk. And as we see, the young and some middle aged are fine with this, as long as they can get themselves pished. 

The care home owners and their thick as Feck staff are to blame for the spread of covid in care homes. 

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, cause it was wasn't possibly the staff who were infecting the inmates. Going from home to home, killing all the old folk. And as we see, the young and some middle aged are fine with this, as long as they can get themselves pished. 

The care home owners and their thick as Feck staff are to blame for the spread of covid in care homes. 

If you had a relative who was in a care home and another resident was taken to hospital and tested positive for Covid, would you be happy for the Covid positive person to be returned to the care home? If the staff and care home owners are so dumb, surely moving between the returned resident and your relative is extremely dangerous. 

Edited by GinRummy

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I see the wee cockroach Margaret Ferrier is refusing to quit. Peak hypocrisy. Hopefully Sturgeon bullets her from the party and the press keeps the pressure on her. 

In other news, Britain’s most incompetent person (close run contest these days) Matt Hancock is rumoured to have broken his own rules by drinking beyond 10pm in the parliamentary smoking room. How that twat hasn’t been sacked 10x over is beyond me. 

Handcock has been the most prominent incompetent of the last 7 months but Williamson, Shapps, Raab, Johnson, Truss... they're all as bad as each other. The only vaguely competent Tory MPs are on the back benches where they'll remain 'cos they don't see eye to eye with CumDog. 

That's that then.   Not resigning under any circumstances.   Citing all her "hard work and dedication" being too important.   Let's just see how dedicated she is to attending parliament and doing constituency work going forward.   

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Being care staff in a nursing home is the worst job in the world.

Dont blame low wage people doing crappy thankless work for anything.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The BCG (TB) vaccine to be trialled as a treatment for covid.   That's a bit leftfield.

Ooft. That’ll leave a sore arm. :D

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Agreed. The management on the other hand... especially the private care homes.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The BCG (TB) vaccine to be trialled as a treatment for covid.   That's a bit leftfield.

Following on.   Not a treatment as such but a non specific vaccination.   They think it might enhance the innate immune system to prevent infections becoming severe beyond the upper respiratory tract.   

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Ooft. That’ll leave a sore arm. :D

Good.   It will be the 'young team' getting it because it's most effective in younger age groups.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

To be fair it is very celticky behaviour always the victim .

Nicky was at pains to stress what a good friend of Ms Ferrier she was - she may regret that  in view of her refusals to resign and blaming the regulations or maybe Nicky will forget ever meeting her now.

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's that then.   Not resigning under any circumstances.   Citing all her "hard work and dedication" being too important.   Let's just see how dedicated she is to attending parliament and doing constituency work going forward.   

If she’s so confident that her constituents would be convinced by her explanation, or her history of hard work and determination, she should resign and campaign as an independent at the subsequent by-election.

That said, how do the political parties intend running by-election campaigns that occur before the virus has gone? Can’t be any door to door canvassing or public meetings, and sticking stuff through people’s doors might not be too safe either.

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nicky was at pains to stress what a good friend of Ms Ferrier she was - she may regret that  in view of her refusals to resign and blaming the regulations or maybe Nicky will forget ever meeting her now.

What else should Sturgeon do? Beat her up? It’s up to Ferrier’s constituents to make a move - no one else can do a thing. 

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

"Nicky" has taken every action at her disposal against Ms Ferrier. Unlike Bo Jo with his good friend, Dominic Cummings.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If she’s so confident that her constituents would be convinced by her explanation, or her history of hard work and determination, she should resign and campaign as an independent at the subsequent by-election.

That said, how do the political parties intend running by-election campaigns that occur before the virus has gone? Can’t be any door to door canvassing or public meetings, and sticking stuff through people’s doors might not be too safe either.

She'll have thought about that.   She can only face a recall petition if she gets a 10 day suspension from parliament.   Then there's the matter of the mechanics of bringing about a by-election.   She'll be banking on it not happening due to the pandemic.

Blame the virus for her actions.   Use the virus to her advantage to avoid the consequences.

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

"Nicky" has taken every action at her disposal against Ms Ferrier. Unlike Bo Jo with his good friend, Dominic Cummings.

:cornette:

21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Extremely Sellicky behaviour...but will she forget meeting her as a friend, FM or party leader?? And has Penfold been on Whats App to lean on the Police yet or was that not what he really meant?? The reek of corruption from that party...

23 minutes ago, kila said:

What else should Sturgeon do? Beat her up? It’s up to Ferrier’s constituents to make a move - no one else can do a thing. 

Your Dog like devotion to your National Deity will be admired in some quarters.

Edited by SE16 3LN

6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Your Dog like devotion to your National Deity will be admired in some quarters.

You were asked what else can any party do that hasn't been done.   Here's the answer... nothing.    

Edited by Victorian

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Through my job I meet a lot of care and support workers.

They are, mostly, dedicated, hard working people who were doing everything they could to reduce the risk of transmission to their colleagues, clients and terrified families.

Calling them thick as feck is a low, and untruthful blow.

And somewhat ironic, if we are honest. 

From the same Aussieh who was bragging in Feb/March about ‘manning up’ and going to a crowded worksite with the flu because he could handle it. 

‘Thick as feck’ if you like. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Through my job I meet a lot of care and support workers.

They are, mostly, dedicated, hard working people who were doing everything they could to reduce the risk of transmission to their colleagues, clients and terrified families.

Calling them thick as feck is a low, and untruthful blow.

My experience too. There commitment and dedication astounds me and would put most people to shame.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

What's with folk wearing face masks while walking down the street now? Have seen it more and more over the last few months, even living in a reasonably quiet residential area.

Gives me the heebie-jeebies, and wish people would refrain.

Encountering the same experience.

Weird.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

That my friend is a horrific post. 

Shame on you. 

Good hard working and under appreciated people were putting themselves at risk to look after our elderly folk. 

You might have a point about some of the home owners and the whole care sector needs brought into the NHS but deary me, blaming te staff is a new

low 👇 

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Encountering the same experience.

Weird.

It'll be normal by next year. And so it should. The one's that don't will be the weirdo's and dealt with by force. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b5a0cadd3950c3b64f

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

It'll be normal by next year. And so it should. The one's that don't will be the weirdo's and dealt with by force. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b5a0cadd3950c3b64f

:lol:

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You were asked what else can any party do that hasn't been done.   Here's the answer... nothing.    

the only other thing they should do is make her suspension from the SNP permanent

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll be sure to let my wee sister know that when she was washing down the bodies of those she'd cared for, was zipping them up in body bags with nothing more than a pair of gloves for PPE, that she's as thick as **** and it was all her fault.

The Paisley roofer has spoken.

Hopefully you'll end up in her care at some point, ausseh. I'm sure she'd be delighted to give you the full Shipman-Allitt.

Captain Sausage
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I would humbly suggest that anyone 'offended' or 'outraged' at Hancock, Ferrier, Cummings, Corbyn or indeed any of the politicians are bigger twits (to use the common parlance) than the miscreants themselves.

Who on earth would have thought that politicians would impose and support laws that they themselves didn't fancy following. I, for one, am far from flabbergasted.

(not a dig at you, Cap, just the general hands in the air, OMG!, there are no words... generation of twisting illiterates that ought to have seen through the political class by now)

Fair comment. But given Hancock literally makes the rules, it’s a reasonable expectation he’d follow them. 

And given Ferrier’s outspoken views on Cummings, again I think it’s only fair to then call her out for even worse behaviour. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Correct a hundred times over.

Low paid, caring people working extraordinary hard to look after people who have been shuffled off to a care home by their family are not to blame.

Blame the owners, the government for having so many private care home or blame their families who were happy to make them someone else's 'problem' but those working on care homes (in the main) are not to blame.

14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the only other thing they should do is make her suspension from the SNP permanent

Irrelevant though.   There is no party mechanism to remove an MP from parliament.   Effectively all MPs are independent MPs but cooperate together under party umbrellas.   Only parliamentary process + constituents can remove an MP.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Correct a hundred times over.

Low paid, caring people working extraordinary hard to look after people who have been shuffled off to a care home by their family are not to blame.

Blame the owners, the government for having so many private care home or blame their families who were happy to make them someone else's 'problem' but those working on care homes (in the main) are not to blame.

Yes, given the thankless dedication and patience that care workers display day after day, putting themselves at risk of infection too, it's an absolute disgrace that they are so poorly paid. It is ironic that the key workers during this year, supermarket workers, couriers too, are having to work long days just to make ends meet while the political class feather their own nests and treat the public like idiots.

19 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So Lothian is at 18 cases per 100k? And that's the same criteria we use for quaranting holidaymakers from certain countries? And with Johnson's new traffic light system,  we would be "green". Yet we're back into a partial lockdown??  What an ill thought out sh*t show!!

Another stunning example of your lack of erudition. No letting up in the vitriol either. 

28 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What's with folk wearing face masks while walking down the street now? Have seen it more and more over the last few months, even living in a reasonably quiet residential area.

Gives me the heebie-jeebies, and wish people would refrain.

Yip, seeing that more and more here as well, even seen people wearing masks when they are the only person on that side of the street and there is nobody within 20 metres of them and they have still got a mask on.

And wtf is it with people wearing a mask in a car, especially when they are the only person in that car, maybe they think covid comes out of the exhaust pipe of the cars in front.

This is what fear does to people.

The mental health of the nation is screwed and there is going to be a massive price to pay in years to come both in the health of the nation and the financial consequences of having to treat all the mental health issues which are already arising out of all of this.

6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Another stunning example of your lack of erudition. No letting up in the vitriol either. 

Perhaps you missed the question mark in my post? No point of accusing me of mendacity as I didn't come up with the figures.  Any vitriol is well placed though. Perhaps you can't see the dodgy stats that Whitty, Johnson, Hancock and Sturgeon are feeding us, but times like this call for a bit of critical thinking..

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Irrelevant though.   There is no party mechanism to remove an MP from parliament.   Effectively all MPs are independent MPs but cooperate together under party umbrellas.   Only parliamentary process + constituents can remove an MP.

Isn't there a process where constituents can petition to have an MP removed ?

In other words sacked. 

This women has endangered the public, her work colleagues and fellow MPs plus her family. 

Grounds for dismissal in any other job. 

People have been jailed for passing on HIV when knowing themselves to be infected. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, seeing that more and more here as well, even seen people wearing masks when they are the only person on that side of the street and there is nobody within 20 metres of them and they have still got a mask on.

And wtf is it with people wearing a mask in a car, especially when they are the only person in that car, maybe they think covid comes out of the exhaust pipe of the cars in front.

This is what fear does to people.

The mental health of the nation is screwed and there is going to be a massive price to pay in years to come both in the health of the nation and the financial consequences of having to treat all the mental health issues which are already arising out of all of this.

Good post Jimbo.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic