Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

T-cells do help with immunity that is a fact. However the virus effects people in different ways. Some have and don’t know they have it others have and have mild symptoms. Others have it and end up dead or left with damaged body organs and other debilitating effects. As has been reported for some time now it’s the bodies immune response via an over reaction that does the most damage and cause death. 
T-cells via plasma from previously infected are now being used as a treatment in a lot of cases. 

Thanks for link that study report. There is certainly a lot we don’t know about this  virus yet or how to deal with it. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Shirley you can see the risks - commercial, personal and criminal - apparent in the situation where every transaction everyone makes can be tracked through a card/phone?

I can see the risks. There are lots of other more immediate risks the response to Covid gives rise to. Personally handling bank notes and coins that might have been handled dozens of times in the last few hours by others is something I would rather avoid. Even though I am about the least paranoid person about Covid I know.

Edited by Francis Albert

40 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Mayor of Middlesbrough telling Bojo to bolt. Could get interesting. 

Hope more follow his lead. 

jack D and coke
53 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Mayor of Middlesbrough telling Bojo to bolt. Could get interesting. 

At last👍🏼

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Had enough of arguing, I hope everyone doing is OK. 

Nobody wants anyone to not be ok man👍🏼

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Given a chance the virus will run amok. 

The problem in a nutshell, BD.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Everyone is having the time of their life.

:P

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A couple of Ciders after work type post :D

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

poland and turkey on quarantine list from 4 am saturday

FFs I thought Turkey was doing fine. Friends were there a couple weeks back and had a great time. I honestly think the SG are just throwing country names into a top hat and pulling a couple  out each week. That'll no please our sizeable Polish community. Just checked Turkey they have been at around 1500 infections daily since August 25th so why the change? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

FFs I thought Turkey was doing fine. Friends were there a couple weeks back and had a great time. I honestly think the SG are just throwing country names into a top hat and pulling a couple  out each week. That'll no please our sizeable Polish community. Just checked Turkey they have been at around 1500 infections daily since August 25th so why the change? 

i think that is the english list not the SG one yet

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Yes a lot don’t have symptoms but they could well pass it on to the vulnerable in our society. Your are speaking about herd immunity which will wipe out loads of frail and vulnerable people.
Have you any proof that swathes of the population may have natural immunity from a previous coronavirus that is not SARS-CoV-2. Have you any proof the immunity can be obtained from another Coronavirus? 

No, I'm talking about natural immunity. Not less vulnetable people fighting the disease. Positive asymptomatic cases are not really cases at all and won't have a viral load to pass on. Do you have any evidence at all to indicate that vulnerable people will be "wiped out"? What if tha virus is, as it appears it is, is weaker than before??

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think that is the english list not the SG one yet

Scotland has added them too

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

6914 new positive results in the UK out of 255,915 processed tests

59 deaths in all settings

2276 in hospital with 332 of those in ICU

Covid 59 Others 1641. 

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Agree with that, I didn't post for a few days and felt better for it although still kept up to date with it. Leapt back in yesterday and upset a fair few posters with what was a pretty crass post in hindsight. 

12 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Where is the evidence for this?

You might ask... and you might wait.   I predict a quantity of shaky,  speculative guesswork,  masquerading as evidence.

While we're asking questions,  will we be treated to some evidence to support the other beaut about how asymptomatics "wont have the viral load to pass it on".

Edited by Victorian

19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, I'm talking about natural immunity. Not less vulnetable people fighting the disease. Positive asymptomatic cases are not really cases at all and won't have a viral load to pass on. Do you have any evidence at all to indicate that vulnerable people will be "wiped out"? What if tha virus is, as it appears it is, is weaker than before??

On the contrary, a study showed that "Around 30% of patients who tested positive for the new coronavirus were asymptomatic, but they still carried just as much of the virus as symptomatic patients—and for nearly as long".

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/08/10/asymptomatic

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm not sure that's true, I reckon the infected population is stronger.

Edit: I should I mean those confirmed infected. Before we probably just didn't know they had it.

Edited by Taffin

Had a meal outside with another couple on Saturday. Both have since tested positive, my girlfriend got her result back today and it was negative.

Tried to call the local health centre 11 times this morning to arrange a test, no answer. Walked down there and it was empty ... expecting a call tomorrow morning. One observation - it should be much much easier to arrange a test. 

Only symptom so far is a stuffy nose that I’ve had since Sunday morning. Let’s see how this progresses.. 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Had a meal outside with another couple on Saturday. Both have since tested positive, my girlfriend got her result back today and it was negative.

Tried to call the local health centre 11 times this morning to arrange a test, no answer. Walked down there and it was empty ... expecting a call tomorrow morning. One observation - it should be much much easier to arrange a test. 

Only symptom so far is a stuffy nose that I’ve had since Sunday morning. Let’s see how this progresses.. 

Are you still in Madrid?

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Are you still in Madrid?

Yes. 200m from the closest restricted neighbourhood so I’ve been lucky so far. 

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The Member of Parliament (MP) for Rutherglen and Hamilton West

Ironic Memes | Know Your Meme

:lol: 

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So an SNP MP breaks the rules whilst actively having covid yet we are all to follow their rules. Laughable if if wasn't so serious.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

So an SNP MP breaks the rules whilst actively having covid yet we are all to follow their rules. Laughable if if wasn't so serious.

Party is irrelevant but yes,  this is most unhelpful.   What a ****ing moron she is.

The Internet

Test positive and then travel by train the next morning :lol: ****ing politicians. Utterly inept and shite. 

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

really a city of ten million and no local lockdowns or am i missing something, obviously all Londoners are behaving themselves.

That's your evidence. Mind you, as long as there are tossers like Margaret Ferrier the rates won't stay down for long.

2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Could you provide an unbiased proven source which supports this rather fantastical accusation?

Arthur Donaldson 

If I'm reading this correctly,  she knew she was positive on Monday, got the train back up and then visited a police station (not wearing a mask).

Crikey.

And she previously called on Cummings to resign after his in car eye test!

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

:facepalm: 

Surley she's got to go, sacked or resign but go one way or another. 

The Internet

Obviously a lot of her previous comments about Cummings are emerging now. Really should just resign for her own sanity as this will probably be quite ugly. 

She should be forced by the party to not accept any resettlement grant after resigning as an MP.    The grant can be £30k upwards.   

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Arthur Donaldson 

Yep, the pacifist and member of the Scottish Neutrality League...translated by MI5 as  him being a subversive...that's the who, not the supporting evidence (not the Express or Daily Mail) that he was a supporter, key word, of the Nazi Party. 

Nucky Thompson

She might have been forgiven for traveling down while awaiting the result and then had tested negative, but to then travel back after getting the positive result, knowing she could infect other people on the train, is just stupid and irresponsible

Konrad von Carstein

Mrs KvC is gutted with the news that Poland is on the quarantine list, as for a number of reasons she has not seen her parents since July last year.

We were in the position for her to go over in the next few weeks for a week or so, today's news has flattened her...to be fair though the case rates over there were pretty bad...

5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yep, the pacifist and member of the Scottish Neutrality League...translated by MI5 as  him being a subversive...that's the who, not the supporting evidence (not the Express or Daily Mail) that he was a supporter, key word, of the Nazi Party. 

Yep, you need to make up your own mind about whether the pictures of him with the Hitler youth were true or not. Most Nationalists I know accept it but say it was a long time ago. I suppose people change, but that's the risk you run when you have a broad church from the far left and the far right in your party. 

Oh no been a good week for Nicky.  :) That glaikit MP has to go surely.  Im sure Nicky wll be livid and sort it out pronto. 

What an embarrassment.

felt ill, had the test, decided **** it and still travelled down to London :vrface:

gets the positive result, stands up in commons and says thank you to the NHS :vrface:

Then jumps on a train home whilst knowing she is covid positive :vrface:

That is the definition of someone that thinks they are above the rules, absolute zero care or responsibility for the health of any of the people she’s came into contact.

Disgrace and she should be sacked instantly. 

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

What an embarrassment.

felt ill, had the test, decided **** it and still travelled down to London :vrface:

gets the positive result, stands up in commons and says thank you to the NHS :vrface:

Then jumps on a train home whilst knowing she is covid positive :vrface:

That is the definition of someone that thinks they are above the rules, absolute zero care or responsibility for the health of any of the people she’s came into contact.

Disgrace and she should be sacked instantly. 

She may as well went the full hogg and just coughed like crazy in the commons.  Its shocking really. 

10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Mrs KvC is gutted with the news that Poland is on the quarantine list, as for a number of reasons she has not seen her parents since July last year.

We were in the position for her to go over in the next few weeks for a week or so, today's news has flattened her...to be fair though the case rates over there were pretty bad...

What are the case rates? 

I was there 3 weeks ago and cases were low 

I bet they are still a quarter of what they are in Glasgow 

Margaret Ferrier has absolutely taken the piss. She should either resign or be sacked. What she's done is worse than Cummings, as he didn't have a positive test and didn't mix with others.

She's singlehandedly made enforcement of the rules a lot harder.

Plus due to contact tracing other MPs will now have to self isolate.

I'd quite like to have been a fly on the wall at Bute House when the news came through though. I reckon the reaction would have given Krakatoa a run for it's money.😂

The Internet
3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Margaret Ferrier has absolutely taken the piss. She should either resign or be sacked. What she's done is worse than Cummings, as he didn't have a positive test and didn't mix with others.

She's singlehandedly made enforcement of the rules a lot harder.

Plus due to contact tracing other MPs will now have to self isolate.

I'd quite like to have been a fly on the wall at Bute House when the news came through though. I reckon the reaction would have given Krakatoa a run for it's money.😂

:lol: I really hope there's a malcolm tucker type in there just ****ing annihilating everyone and everything at moments like these. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic