Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

joondalupjambo
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Certain activities, like playing sport, are exempt. Little evidence to suggest that anyone is catching Covid while playing golf. Easy to stay 2m apart on a golf course compared to a party in someone's garden/house. 

Coastal walk could be hard too depending on the route and width of walkways. Also guaranteed they'd be walking side by side to have a good natter. 

Spot on path ways are close and woman natter by default.  Can I say that😃

You should see our four balls nobody at our age knows what two metres are as we all still use yards, feet and inches😃

If we get to three or four feet apart that is good😃 Anything further and we cannot hear each other!!

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Of course I typed the word frisbee😃😃

Yeah you are right in what you say but I see this rule is going to be a tough one for folk.

My wife of course said after walking 8 miles they would want a coffee and three of them cannot go into a cafe.  I said take a flask😃😃

:) I did wonder whether fridge chucking was a new leisure activity I hadn't heard of. You never know these days...

A flask is actually a great idea (one each if they're that bothered about transmission), mostly because the café might say "You can't come in here". But then, how they are they to know whether or not three woman all come from different households (two could be sisters, for example). When my Mum meets up with friends (or met, before the current restrictions) outside for a blether, they usually all take their own flasks and grub - makes sense to me and it's easily done.

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Spot on path ways are close and woman natter by default.  Can I say that😃

You should see our four balls nobody at our age knows what two metres are as we all still use yards, feet and inches😃

If we get to three or four feet apart that is good😃 Anything further and we cannot hear each other!!

Perhaps you could all get miked up and wear headphones. ;)

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where did I suggest it was exclusive to the Covid measures? But it is top of the anti Covid measures.

You didn't, you implied it with your previous posts. 

Washing your hands is top of a lot of lists for preventing things. whats your point?

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

You do realise that those figures are utterly trivial?

like beyond trivial,

miniscule

paracetamol puts more people in ITU over a weekend than COVID,

Hopefully someone's family doesn't suffer these trivial numbers. This only insert number dead, is the height of ignorance and only makes me think of the reaction if only 3 died in their own families. 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Washing your hands is top of a lot of lists for preventing things. whats your point?

It wasn't implied. It was stated clearly. And it remains a fact that it is the top of any list of preventative measures we can take against covid19? 

What is your point?

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Like a normal coronavirus/ flu season then? 

There is a yearly vaccine for the flu and there are treatments for the flu. And it doesn't spread as easily a CV19.

The issue with CV19 is there is no vaccine and no proven treatments, but we're clearly well along the way to making significant progress there, at least with the treatments. That may be helping keep ICU numbers down as there's been plenty trials and knowledge gained.

I don't an issue with treading lightly as we enter autumn/winter given how much we still don't know about the virus and immunity (how long it lasts). It'd be reckless of the government to just go 'ah **** it back to normal everyone'.

A second lockdown is not wanted. So having other things in place to help slow the spread will allow us to keep going, earning money. Such as face masks in congested areas, more limited/spread out seating in bars/restaurants etc.

I'm an optimist though and think that we'll have a reliable treatment soon and this would coincide with the those in the vulnerable category getting tested regularly. Giving them early treatment is key and eventually they should be the only ones getting tested.

Edited by kila

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think his point is your being argumentative. 

So we agree that nobody wants no measures as everyone wants hand washing, there are others on here who want the measures stopped at that. 

Being argumentative? Maybe that should be banned as well. Who on here has ever argued washing hands should be the limit of anti Covid measures? Name any two.

7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

So we agree that nobody wants no measures as everyone wants hand washing, there are others on here who want the measures stopped at that. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Being argumentative? Maybe that should be banned as well. Who on here has ever argued washing hands should be the limit of anti Covid measures? Name any two.

Read what he wrote again, then ask yourself why you wrote the part in bold?

Francis Albert
Just now, jambo89 said:

Because he said others on here said hand washing should be the limit of anti Covid action. 

Ask yourself why you.posted your question to  me

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

Pneumonia isn't getting put down as the cause of death though covid is.

Call it what you want then but it's Covid related.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

You for one. You think we shouldn’t have locked down first time either. 

Others can come and out themselves if they want to. 

Ok

When and where did I ever argue washing hands should be the limit of our response to Covid19?

Looking forward to the answer.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Can we all just agree we just want this thing to **** right off.

We can all agree on that

It wouldn't need a 690.page thread though.

Francis Albert
Just now, Brian Dundas said:

Sweden!

Im bored arguing now, you win. Well played. 

Sweden never assumed washing hands was the only response to Covid19. 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We can all agree on that

It wouldn't need a 690.page thread though.

Just feels like a differing highlight reel of news articles now with one side going with one article and the other with differing article with neither side of the argument willing to budge now.And that's before the politics of it all come in.

I have no idea when I post if it's right or wrong but for some it just seems they only have the one thought.

Edited by vegas-voss

18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Agree

Pffft we all come here to argue with each other. It passes the time and keeps the mind active.

38 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So you don’t care enough about your health?

I do care about my health I'm just not concerned about covid. Theres loads of things that can kill you so why worry about this one?

You, ironically, initially said this

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

A sense of proportion  is foreign to this thread or indeed the whole response to Covid 19.

Then jumped straight to a "nobody said you shouldn't wash your hands" type post (slightly disproportionate response) 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Pleanty opposing all  measures? I have not seen anyone suggesting  we should not wash our hands. But many don't ,  yet there is little condemnation  of breach of the most basic and most highly  recommended  precaution. 

Then you argued that it is top of every list like below (conveniently leaving out that it was, and always will be, a way to stop the spread of any virus)  

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It is top of pretty much every list of anti-Covid measures I have seen.

Funny, that you use something so basic as washing your hands to make a point, but anyway lets leave that there.

At this point I would like to point out / re-iterate that it is not really a measure / method introduced to stop covid-19 spread. We should've been doing this anyway.

I pointed this out below

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

It is top of every list regarding virus' / bacteria transmission, and is in no way exclusive to the Covid measure's introduced by governments, as you are inferring. 

You then said below

51 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where did I suggest it was exclusive to the Covid measures? But it is top of the anti Covid measures.

Again, does 'washing your hands' really need to be put on to a list? Just in case, I'd like to tell you that if you ever handle raw chicken., make sure and wash your hands after. That is a control measure introduced by jambo89 to stop salmonella.

Below was my response.

39 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

This is where you lost me, it was stated clearly that it IS exclusive of to Covid? or isn't? The arguments here start to get slight mixed and you, like a petulant man-baby, repeated back to me my 'whats your point' line. 

24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It wasn't implied. It was stated clearly. And it remains a fact that it is the top of any list of preventative measures we can take against covid19? 

What is your point?

Here you get called out by another.

21 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I quoted below as I would like to highlight that there is a difference between argumentative and having an opposing onion and discussing it. 

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Below is a quote from myself RE: your argumentativeness.  

14 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Then we get to below. .

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Because he said others on here said hand washing should be the limit of anti Covid action. 

Ask yourself why you.posted your question to  me

I posted my question to you for the reasons / thread trail above. Hope that helps. 

34 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

One statement that surely no one could disagree with.

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Deaths are rising in France, mate. About a month ago they were averaging about 10-15 deaths a day from CV. They now seem to be averaging about 25-35 a day. 

27 yesterday 

Good to see crowds back in Holland this week. Probably about a third full but it's a start. Probably get to this level around 2025 in Scotland.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

You, ironically, initially said this

Then jumped straight to a "nobody said you shouldn't wash your hands" type post (slightly disproportionate response) 

Then you argued that it is top of every list like below (conveniently leaving out that it was, and always will be, a way to stop the spread of any virus)  

Funny, that you use something so basic as washing your hands to make a point, but anyway lets leave that there.

At this point I would like to point out / re-iterate that it is not really a measure / method introduced to stop covid-19 spread. We should've been doing this anyway.

I pointed this out below

You then said below

Again, does 'washing your hands' really need to be put on to a list? Just in case, I'd like to tell you that if you ever handle raw chicken., make sure and wash your hands after. That is a control measure introduced by jambo89 to stop salmonella.

Below was my response.

This is where you lost me, it was stated clearly that it IS exclusive of to Covid? or isn't? The arguments here start to get slight mixed and you, like a petulant man-baby, repeated back to me my 'whats your point' line. 

Here you get called out by another.

I quoted below as I would like to highlight that there is a difference between argumentative and having an opposing onion and discussing it. 

Below is a quote from myself RE: your argumentativeness.  

Then we get to below. .

I posted my question to you for the reasons / thread trail above. Hope that helps. 

You seem a tad obsessed with me. Without being able to counter remotely comvincingly anything I have posted.

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Good to see crowds back in Holland this week. Probably about a third full but it's a start. Probably get to this level around 2025 in Scotland.

These countries taking reckless gambles will be back in full lockdown by November.  Its like trying to put a fire out with petrol, because despite the economic consequences you are giving the virus a bigger target.

What we need is for the Scottish and UK governments to take a zero tolerance approach to those disregarding the rules - the alternative is an inevitable return to lockdown.  This means penalties for public transport who don't enforce mask wearing, and that means removing loopholes that the roasters are exploiting.  There also needs to be an evaluation to see if the rise in cases is linked to schools going back a month ago.

9 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Terrorist nation No sympathy here . 

Given your postings on this thread, you outing yourself as an ignorant arsehole should come as little surprise to anyone.

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You seem a tad obsessed with me. Without being able to counter remotely comvincingly anything I have posted.

Nice one! Can’t think of a response so, come out with the old “oh your so obsessed with me” patter. 

fwiw, you aren’t interesting enough for anyone to become obsessed. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Nice one! Can’t think of a response so, come out with the old “oh your so obsessed with me” patter. 

fwiw, you aren’t interesting enough for anyone to become obsessed. 

So still unable to counter anything I posted?

40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

These countries taking reckless gambles will be back in full lockdown by November.  Its like trying to put a fire out with petrol, because despite the economic consequences you are giving the virus a bigger target.

What we need is for the Scottish and UK governments to take a zero tolerance approach to those disregarding the rules - the alternative is an inevitable return to lockdown.  This means penalties for public transport who don't enforce mask wearing, and that means removing loopholes that the roasters are exploiting.  There also needs to be an evaluation to see if the rise in cases is linked to schools going back a month ago.

Is there any evidence lockdown works? Or masks come to that? 

We could always just stay in our houses till we die. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

You haven’t posted anything other than argumentative point scoring pish. 

post what you think of the current measures or response rather than cry show me where I said that. 

I wasn't replying to you in the post you quoted. Perhaps you could be more specific about what point scoring pish you are referring to.

And "show me where I said that?" seems to me a reasonable response to someone saying I said something I never said. Unless of course if you can show me where I said that. 

Edited by Francis Albert

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Is there any evidence lockdown works? Or masks come to that? 

Yes.  Perhaps you could compare the infection rates dropping from March to August?

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

We could always just stay in our houses till we die. 

If the irresponsible selfish halfwits who disregard safety of others did that we would be well on our way to containing the virus.

Since they won't then returning lockdown is inevitable.  If you are looking at people to blame you should start with these clowns.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes.  Perhaps you could compare the infection rates dropping from March to August?

If the irresponsible selfish halfwits who disregard safety of others did that we would be well on our way to containing the virus.

Since they won't then returning lockdown is inevitable.  If you are looking at people to blame you should start with these clowns.

They dropped in Sweden as well without the destruction of lockdown.

AlphonseCapone

One thing I've learned from all of this, I'm not anywhere near as ready for a zombie apocalypse as I thought I was. Still, only a dry run, there's time to get myself up to scratch. 

Extinction: The Facts on BBC 1 just now is a horrible watch in so many ways.

Every pandemic is the fault of humans and will continue to be so.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Whatever happened to the antibody tests we were told would be vital in getting out of this?

Expensive to organise and the Gov't are skint. I'd be willing to chuck a few quid at one if they were available.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

One thing I've learned from all of this, I'm not anywhere near as ready for a zombie apocalypse as I thought I was. Still, only a dry run, there's time to get myself up to scratch. 

Cometh the hour cometh the man, Alphonse. I've no doubt you will rise to the challenge. See you on the barricades, comrade.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic