Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I can't understand why the governments aren't taking action to deal with those who ignore the rules and are the problem.  I've said before, but a zero tolerance approach on public transport and shops would be a starting point.

I thought Tesco were supposed to be introducing a policy where anyone not wearing a mask could buy one at the door or be refused entry?  That was in England, but Tesco have stopped all checks for social distancing.

Because they could be refusing someone who is genuinely exempt from wearing a face mask and be liable for discrimination (as defined by the equality act 2010) they aren’t even allowed to ask someone to explain they they can’t wear a mask. 

So many hidden disabilities, physical and mental and folk just want to make a zero tolerance approach. I thought we were all trying to be more tolerant of each other? 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

The grass line . You’ll have that on speed dial pal 🤣

Anyone not sticking to the rules deserve any punishment 

The UK has never gotten fully to grips with lockdown.

Went into a half-ersed lockdown far too late then more or less just gave up on it after 100 days.

And here we are at the start of the 2nd wave.

Proper lockdown won't happen. The UK public simply won't have it.

The rules are so confused and illogical and contradictory now that everybody simply ignores them.

We're goosed. 

AlphonseCapone
27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, too many not wearing them.

Is that accurate? My experiences in and around Dalry is that almost everyone is wearing a mask in shops. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Any? What about decapitation? 

7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Smashing, big fan of the Pistols are we?

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

At the very least they should have TWIT tattooed on their forehead 

22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What are people on about a national lockdown for ? For what ? Minimal deaths , 7 in 2 and a half months ! England has a few deaths on average per day . There won’t be another national lockdown unless the lunatics have taken over the asylum 

Locking down a nation because of an outbreak of a virus that , in the main, leaves people with minor or no symptoms??   Policy needs to start being informed by logic and common sense rather than obsession about cases.  Even if they wanted to lock down, legal challenges and non-conformity would scupper it so it won"t happen.  Just another respiratory virus that hangs about in winter and we all just need to accept that and carry on.

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Don't judge a book just by the cover
Unless you cover just another
And blind acceptance is a sign
A stupid fools who stand in line

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Is that accurate? My experiences in and around Dalry is that almost everyone is wearing a mask in shops. 

image.jpeg.a74708f2cd6e4848381d62cb941eaeac.jpeg

I deal with people face to face and I can tell you a large percentage wear these stupid ****ers. It is due to ignorance rather than malevolence. They do not work. They do not prevent virus particles escaping.

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Like you would get an honest answer, right?

A country of a billion people, where it broke out, yet have as many cases as the Isle of Skye

Why the lies, why the deceit and why was the RotW not informed prior to Xmas 2019? Initially, the West was fighting this with two hands tied, one of which, we managed ourselves. Maybe the West was informed but collectively our Governments took a gamble and lost.

Could China be sitting on a vaccine? The gigantic Wuhan pool party could've been a monumental GIRFUY's.

17 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

A couple of weeks ago I'd have said it was fair, but school kids are going onto buses in groups of seven without a mask.  On Saturday I got a bus into town and a third of fairly busy bus were people without masks, most notably those getting on in pairs.

There must be an awful lot of people with lung issues.

23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Because they could be refusing someone who is genuinely exempt from wearing a face mask and be liable for discrimination (as defined by the equality act 2010) they aren’t even allowed to ask someone to explain they they can’t wear a mask. 

So many hidden disabilities, physical and mental and folk just want to make a zero tolerance approach. I thought we were all trying to be more tolerant of each other? 

I take your point but there are too many taking the piss because they know no one is enforcing the rules.

What is the solution? Present a certificate from a GP?  I don't know, but something has to be done for those that are at it.

3 hours ago, OBE said:

Spain had a proper total lockdown, we didn't.

Our lockdown was pretty effective, until folk started going on holiday and bringing the virus back with them, and otherwise being dicks when it came to following common sense rules.

25 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Very true but that’s what happened when the mob mentality / pitch forks at the ready take over . Ask questions later ! 

Just now, redjambo said:

Our lockdown was pretty effective, until folk started going on holiday and bringing the virus back with them, and otherwise being dicks when it came to following common sense rules.

Or taking it to & fro...:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A couple of weeks ago I'd have said it was fair, but school kids are going onto buses in groups of seven without a mask.  On Saturday I got a bus into town and a third of fairly busy bus were people without masks, most notably those getting on in pairs.

If someone tries to get on the bus without paying, the driver would throw them off. The same should be true of those without masks. No mask and you don't get on. Like everything, if there is no deterrent or enforcement then folk will try to get away with it. 

AlphonseCapone
13 minutes ago, westbow said:

image.jpeg.a74708f2cd6e4848381d62cb941eaeac.jpeg

I deal with people face to face and I can tell you a large percentage wear these stupid ****ers. It is due to ignorance rather than malevolence. They do not work. They do not prevent virus particles escaping.

Fair enough but as you say that's at least a lack of knowledge or more accurately, poor messaging. Those folk are trying to follow the rules at least. 

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Fair enough, I've not used public transport since before lockdown. One thing I have noticed is that social distancing is poorly followed now in places like supermarkets. Wouldn't be surprised if some folk wearing masks think it's not as necessary to social distance. 

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Fair enough but as you say that's at least a lack of knowledge or more accurately, poor messaging. Those folk are trying to follow the rules at least. 

Fair enough, I've not used public transport since before lockdown. One thing I have noticed is that social distancing is poorly followed now in places like supermarkets. Wouldn't be surprised if some folk wearing masks think it's not as necessary to social distance. 

Had three wide boys in the supermarket come past me last night without face masks and one of them burst into song as they passed. Not the smartest guys in the universe.

Edited by redjambo

jack D and coke
39 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This is ripping my jimmys as well. Pretty much everyone is complying with the rules. It’s still spreading as obviously mask wearing etc just isn’t enough to stop it. 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Very true, some guy yesterday in my shop reached across another customer, nudging them out of the way,  to get at the hand sanitizer. And he was wearing a stupid ****ing gaiter thing. I reckon people will get pissed off and not wear masks when they are told the one they just bought is banned. Same argument as cyclists not wearing helmets, if it was illegal a lot less would cycle.

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I take your point but there are too many taking the piss because they know no one is enforcing the rules.

What is the solution? Present a certificate from a GP?  I don't know, but something has to be done for those that are at it.

There in lies the problem. Have you went up to folk and asked them why they aren’t wearing face masks/socially distancing etc? How do you know people are taking the piss?

This has always been my issue with enforcing these types of rules or making them mandatory. It makes folk with genuine reasons who are trying their best feel uncomfortable an excluded. This should have always been about choice and if it had been I might have made more of an effort to get over my own issues with face masks. 

but alas, they went with the whole “you must wear a mask or risk being fined” then there was a whole mask shaming/folk are selfish ***** campaign to go along with it. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This is ripping my jimmys as well. Pretty much everyone is complying with the rules. It’s still spreading as obviously mask wearing etc just isn’t enough to stop it. 

Surely you didn't really believe just wearing a mask would prevent transmission?

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Not in my experience. A fair whack are, but not enough.

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There in lies the problem. Have you went up to folk and asked them why they aren’t wearing face masks/socially distancing etc? How do you know people are taking the piss?

This has always been my issue with enforcing these types of rules or making them mandatory. It makes folk with genuine reasons who are trying their best feel uncomfortable an excluded. This should have always been about choice and if it had been I might have made more of an effort to get over my own issues with face masks. 

but alas, they went with the whole “you must wear a mask or risk being fined” then there was a whole mask shaming/folk are selfish ***** campaign to go along with it. 

Bowling in and out of shops, unmasked and not social distancing is taking the piss.

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely you didn't really believe just wearing a mask would prevent transmission?

I didn’t really tbh but people are throwing blame around for cases rising again when of course they are. It wasn’t just going to go away. 
More lockdown tho? Surely not the way to go imo. 

28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

More than 900,000 folk have downloaded the Scottish Covid app, which is good news.

I know it's probably unworkable and folk would accuse the SG (and WM) of nanny stating but there may be merit in a percentage of population downloading it to allow more restrictions being relaxed.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Too late, the knumbskull deniers have passed it on to too many folk. The snowball is now Unstoppable. Cheers, dafties! 

You really are a spangle ain't you!

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I didn’t really tbh but people are throwing blame around for cases rising again when of course they are. It wasn’t just going to go away. 
More lockdown tho? Surely not the way to go imo. 

It isn't just about wearing masks on public transport - it is a lack of awareness among people when in other spaces such as congested bus stops and pavements on Princes Street.  Mask on to get on a bus (unless you don't give a ****), then straight off as soon as you exit.  Never mind that you are standing in a queue sandwiched between two people for 10 mins waiting on the bus.

I find it staggering how utterly thick the vast majority of the population are.

Edited by frankblack

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Once you hit a certain threshold of local lockdowns the next step is a national lockdown.

Country cant afford another lockdown. It's almost like you and the spangle are desperate for a lockdown.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

It isn't just about wearing masks on public transport - it is a lack of awareness among people when in other spaces such as congested bus stops and pavements on Princes Street.

I find it staggering how utterly thick the vast majority of the population are.

Thick v. selfish v. nobody tells me what I can and can't do.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Country cant afford another lockdown. It's almost like you and the spangle are desperate for a lockdown.

It doesn't matter what you think.  If the numbers keep rising, lockdown it will be.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Thick v. selfish v. nobody tells me what I can and can't do.

This proves exactly why infection rates are rising.  People like you just don't give a ****.

Just now, frankblack said:

It doesn't matter what you think.  If the numbers keep rising, lockdown it will be.

As long as the deaths and hospital admissions remain low no we wont.

Sturgeons pus tripping her on the daily briefing as only 70 new " cases".  However apparently there is a problem with testing down south ( where the tests go) and she expects the case numbers to be " Much higher."  Like i said shes at it.  On another matter why dont those so called journalists really challenge her on the lack of deaths and its correlation with any new lockdown?  They are pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are gagging on another lockdown.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This proves exactly why infection rates are rising.  People like you just don't give a ****.

Haha,

I was saying these are the reasons why rates are rising not that I don't.

4 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Sturgeons pus tripping her on the daily briefing as only 70 new " cases".  However apparently there is a problem with testing down south ( where the tests go) and she expects the case numbers to be " Much higher."  Like i said shes at it.  On another matter why dont those so called journalists really challenge her on the lack of deaths and its correlation with any new lockdown?  They are pathetic. 

Away and have a lie doon.

18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I know it's probably unworkable and folk would accuse the SG (and WM) of nanny stating but there may be merit in a percentage of population downloading it to allow more restrictions being relaxed.

There's no "may" about it. If anyone wants more relaxed restrictions then we need as many people as possible using the app.

Thought lockdown was necessary to prevent the hospitals being over run?  

We won’t get anywhere near the lockdown we had until the hospital admissions get much much higher than they currently are. Lockdown isn’t about the ‘cases’, especially when the vast majority of them are hardly effecting folk. 

4 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

You haven't been watching or listening to other news outlets.

It's well recognised there is a backlog, samples are needing sent abroad, being contaminated in transit and so on.

6 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

How nippy would you say she was on a scale of 1 to 10?

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Thought lockdown was necessary to prevent the hospitals being over run?  

We won’t get anywhere near the lockdown we had until the hospital admissions get much much higher than they currently are. Lockdown isn’t about the ‘cases’, especially when the vast majority of them are hardly effecting folk. 

Yep exactly that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic