Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Oh well that's fine then, who cares if a record number of people have an infectious disease?

Yes as not surprisingly dying is worse than having a possibly mild infection which you may not know you have had. 

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Yes as not surprisingly dying is worse than having a possibly mild infection which you may not know you have had. 

And the folk who do experience symptoms that last for months?

BTW last week had the day with the 3rd highest global daily deaths on record. 

Edited by Ray Gin

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Someone will be along in a second to remind you of the HORRORS of ‘long’ Covid and that your heart will die. 

- Too slow :lol:

Edited by Shanks

Just now, Ray Gin said:

And the folk who do experience symptoms that last for months?

You mean the most common symptom, THE COUGH. How will people survive having a cough.

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That's The Tories encouraging people to grass their neighbours if they have more than 6 people over. I for one won't be doing that.

Nobody has anything to worry about if they're not selfish enough to break the rules.

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How common is that? 

There's loads of viruses that can **** you up. 

How common is HIV? Pretty low, so don't wear a condom. 

How common is salmonella? not that common, so don't bother cooking your chicken.

There is indeed lots of viruses that **** you up, to use your choice of words. That doesn't mean we shouldn't take preventative action, especially when it is a novel virus.

Around 50% of people testing for Covid-19 currently are asymptomatic.

50% get symptoms. In the UK that currently equates to around 1500 people a day. Research suggests that 10-15% of these people will not quickly recover within a few weeks. That's around 150 at best, per day, or almost 55k people per year if the rate stays the same. If, as some people are proposing, we just open everything up and deal with the consequences, that number would rocket upwards. Potentially hundreds of thousands of people with health problems that last for months and we don't know if some of them will ever fully recover.

That is not a gamble you take lightly.

Edited by Ray Gin

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How common is that? 

There's loads of viruses that can **** you up. 

About as common as that Covid Kawasaki disease in kids that everyone was freaking themselves out over a few months ago. 

AlphonseCapone
35 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Sturgeons pus tripping her on the daily briefing as only 70 new " cases".  However apparently there is a problem with testing down south ( where the tests go) and she expects the case numbers to be " Much higher."  Like i said shes at it.  On another matter why dont those so called journalists really challenge her on the lack of deaths and its correlation with any new lockdown?  They are pathetic. 

Overall I'd say I'm quite reasonable but I need to say, anyone that thinks NS or Boris etc actively want there to be more cases for some agenda is a ****ing spangle. 

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

About as common as that Covid Kawasaki disease in kids that everyone was freaking themselves out over a few months ago. 

I forgot about that, where has that gone?

5 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

How common is HIV? Pretty low, so don't wear a condom. 

How common is salmonella? not that common, so don't bother cooking your chicken.

There is indeed lots of viruses that **** you up, to use your choice of words. That doesn't mean we shouldn't take preventative action, especially when it is a novel virus.

See your just being irresponsible and silly. You cant prevent the spread unless you put us all in a bubble and dont let us near each other.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Not too sure really, seems like we decided **** it and sent all the kids back to school anyway :lol:.  

Don’t think it was enough doom and gloom so we have had to move onto long Covid now.  

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Around 50% of people testing for Covid-19 currently are asymptomatic.

50% get symptoms. In the UK that currently equates to around 1500 people a day. Research suggests that 10-15% of these people will not quickly recover. That's around 150 at best, per day, or almost 55k people per year if the rate stays the same. If, as some people are proposing, we just open everything up and deal with the consequences, that number would rocket upwards. Potentially hundreds of thousands of people with health problems that last for months and we don't know if some of them will ever fully recover.

That is not a gamble you take lightly.

How is the Swedish health service doing? Surely that would be a good gauge? 

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

See your just being irresponsible and silly. You cant prevent the spread unless you put us all in a bubble and dont let us near each other.

I'm being silly and irresponsible? This coming from the guy who thinks it's okay to allow Covid spread throughout the country because loads of other diseases cause problems. 

What kind of logic is that?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If someone tries to get on the bus without paying, the driver would throw them off. The same should be true of those without masks. No mask and you don't get on. Like everything, if there is no deterrent or enforcement then folk will try to get away with it. 

Sorry but I don't agree. There are plenty people with legitimate reasons. Why should they be challenged for going about their day to day business.

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Not too sure really, seems like we decided **** it and sent all the kids back to school anyway :lol:.  

Don’t think it was enough doom and gloom so we have had to move onto long Covid now.  

It will be back next year when the teachers want more time off.

If people are so ill that they can;t wear a piece of fabric for 20 minutes, then maybe they shouldn't be 'going about there business' during a pandemic.

3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I'm being silly and irresponsible? This coming from the guy who thinks it's okay to allow Covid spread throughout the country because loads of other diseases cause problems. 

It's the logic we've lived by since the dawn of time.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

More than 900,000 folk have downloaded the Scottish Covid app, which is good news.

It is as it means that over 4 min have not. Just another tool to upset our daily lives. 

So if someone with a positive test walks along princes street does everyone they pass get an alert? Or is it more sophisticated than that? 

24 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Someone will be along in a second to remind you of the HORRORS of ‘long’ Covid and that your heart will die. 

- Too slow :lol:

Yes they cant use deaths to scare the s*** out of us so now its the dreaded " long covid".

6 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

If people are so ill that they can;t wear a piece of fabric for 20 minutes, then maybe they shouldn't be 'going about there business' during a pandemic.

Do you wear it because you think it works or because you are scared of what people would think if you didn't? 

It's the logic we've lived by since the dawn of time.

No it's not and if it was, we wouldn't be here discussing it over a message board. 

Just now, jambo89 said:

There is no real containing Covid- honestly that is the truth of the matter.

There is no cure around the corner

there is no vaccine around the corner.

I think we are looking at ANOTHER 12 months or so at least of this, so we need a pragmatic approach that accepts there will be this virus in circulation , so what do we do?

Use the evidence, come up with a viable long term approach

11 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The plan to scare parents even further didnt really work with this " threat" so it got binned.  

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It is as it means that over 4 min have not. Just another tool to upset our daily lives. 

So if someone with a positive test walks along princes street does everyone they pass get an alert? Or is it more sophisticated than that? 

You counting babies in that number aye?? 😄

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Do you wear it because you think it works or because you are scared of what people would think if you didn't? 

I have to wear it or I don't get to go to work. I also know that my snood kills the virus upon contact. Why do you not wear it?

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

There is no real containing Covid- honestly that is the truth of the matter.

There is no cure around the corner

there is no vaccine around the corner.

I think we are looking at ANOTHER 12 months or so at least of this, so we need a pragmatic approach that accepts there will be this virus in circulation , so what do we do?

Use the evidence, come up with a viable long term approach

There may not be any 'containing it', whatever that means, but are you, a doctor no less, trying to say that this virus spread would not be reduced by a reduction in peer-to-peer interaction?

5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sorry but I don't agree. There are plenty people with legitimate reasons. Why should they be challenged for going about their day to day business.

see, I disagree with this.

There are hardly anyone with legitimate reasons.

How many people have a genuine phobia of wearing a mask?

As for the respiratory argument its a bit weak- those with severe respiratory issues tend to be the elderly, yet its young people stotting around without masks on.

I agree with those others in the thread who have pointed out that those without masks on are , frankly, total assholes.

If you can walk around silverburn on a saturday, your lung condition aint that bad, unless you have the worlds tiniest oxygen tank secreted inside a nostril

2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

No it's not and if it was, we wouldn't be here discussing it over a message board. 

😂😂😂

So when 50-100MILLION died of spanish flu we had a lock down? When all the other viruses hit us like SARS etc came we went into lockdown? Did we ****. Your not worth arguing with now. I would get a better response from the dog.

4 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I have to wear it or I don't get to go to work. I also know that my snood kills the virus upon contact. Why do you not wear it?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Is made of detol wipes or something?

The journalists are not tackling Sturgeon about why deaths haven't risen in line with the recent infections because... wait for it... drum roll... they're not total ****ing idiots.

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

😂😂😂

So when 50-100MILLION died of spanish flu we had a lock down? When all the other viruses hit us like SARS etc came we went into lockdown? Did we ****. Your not worth arguing with now. I would get a better response from the dog.

Are you serious? 

hahahahahaha

There absolutely was a lock-down during the Spanish flu!!! What a moron! 

If SARS had escaped HK then we would have also had lock-down too if it was transmitted as easily as COVID

https://www.virustaticshield.com/

posted on here before

Edited by jambo89

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

5 million people don't have a smartphone. And that's not even close to how it works. 

😂😂😂

:cornette_dog:

You are still banging on comparing today to the world in 1918.  Complete nonsense!

Just now, jambo89 said:

IIRC he said they trap bad air and make you sick. 

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

see, I disagree with this.

There are hardly anyone with legitimate reasons.

How many people have a genuine phobia of wearing a mask?

As for the respiratory argument its a bit weak- those with severe respiratory issues tend to be the elderly, yet its young people stotting around without masks on.

I agree with those others in the thread who have pointed out that those without masks on are , frankly, total assholes.

If you can walk around silverburn on a saturday, your lung condition aint that bad, unless you have the worlds tiniest oxygen tank secreted inside a nostril

A GP friend of the family told my mum a while ago that if your breathing is affected that seriously by wearing a mask you need to get to the hospital immediately, you have very serious health issues.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

The journalists are not tackling Sturgeon about why deaths haven't risen in line with the recent infections because... wait for it... drum roll... they're not total ****ing idiots.

Yea we need to always wait 4/5/6/7/8 (delete as appropriate) weeks until we are allowed to mention deaths, we get it. 

1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

There may not be any 'containing it', whatever that means, but are you, a doctor no less, trying to say that this virus spread would not be reduced by a reduction in peer-to-peer interaction?

It is being reduced, but at what cost?

Lock down the vulnerable, everyone else carry on with thier social distancing and hand washing and face masks./

Would seem a balanced approach.

Christmas this year- we are a family of 5, youngest 12.

So we can have one person round on christmas day, when none of them are in a vulnerable category- so the kids cannot see their cousins/uncles/aunts?

Pffft

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are still banging on comparing today to the world in 1918.  Complete nonsense!

He also completely ignoring the fact that Lock-downs did happen for the Spanish flu.

Absolutely mental man! you can't have a serious discussion with people who barely know how to read!

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

tbh you would think the world would be hit worse due to increased travel and population density and things than in 1918. Though I suppose the argument to that would be better sanitation, medical care and understanding of viruses. 

The way this virus was being told though was hospitals being overwhelmed and mass graves. Hasn’t happened. 

7 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Are you serious? 

hahahahahaha

There absolutely was a lock-down during the Spanish flu!!! What a moron! 

If SARS had escaped HK then we would have also had lock-down too if it was transmitted as easily as COVID

https://www.virustaticshield.com/

posted on here before

Miss read what you said.

The government advised social distancing and to stay away from mass gatherings but nothing was enforced and there wernt lockdowns, if there were why did millions of soldiers come back from France.

SARS did make it here.

Edited by Herbert

21 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

How is the Swedish health service doing? Surely that would be a good gauge? 

The 10-15% figure included data from Sweden if you bothered to read the article.

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Yea we need to always wait 4/5/6/7/8 (delete as appropriate) weeks until we are allowed to mention deaths, we get it. 

Mention away.   There's no ban.    But proof IS a while off yet.   Trying to prove this argument now is not possible.

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It is being reduced, but at what cost?

Lock down the vulnerable, everyone else carry on with thier social distancing and hand washing and face masks./

Would seem a balanced approach.

Christmas this year- we are a family of 5, youngest 12.

So we can have one person round on christmas day, when none of them are in a vulnerable category- so the kids cannot see their cousins/uncles/aunts?

Pffft

At what cost to allow the spread of the virus to go completely unmitigated? 

I agree there is a happy balance to be struck, but that isn't what was being discussed. I believed it was along the lines of, there are loads of diseases that kill people so lets get on with it.

10 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I know we never had a lockdown that's my point.

SARS did make it here.

I note you've changed the wording now. But there absolutely were lock downs and social distancing measures were put in place during the Spanish flu outbreak. 

However way you want to paint it you are wrong (again)

To quote someone ' I would get better responses from my dog'. 

Edited by jambo89

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic