Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

15 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sinister as its completely unnecessary and out of proportion.  The last figures I saw 1 in 110k people had this virus. 

We are being taken for fools. 

You should have said it's 0 in every 1,000,000.    Just as bullshit but sounds better.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

It's all about empathy, how much you care about how your actions affect others. Some people have little or none, unfortunately.

People either have empathy or don't. It cant be acquired. Unfortunately ive met a few who have not any. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The governments of the UK have really ramped up the fear through the media this week. All to keep the youngsters in line.

No conspiracy theories here, but they try and influence how people think and react.

I was listening to radio Forth and they trotted out a guy in his 20's who had 'long covid'

They said that before he got the virus months ago he was 'relatively' fit. Now the use of the word relatively makes me wonder if although he never had any listed health conditions, he could have been a 30 stone pie eater.

They obviously couldn't find a fully fit person in their 20's

Yes i wondered about that too. The word "relatively" being used.  The Govt have only themselves to blame for undoing some of the restrictions ie pubs etc and saying it was ok to go to them but now they are in the blame game regarding young people. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just seen one of the thickest ***** ever to win cash on Tipping Point.    Think his next gig is posting on here.

Haha some on here would be good for that!

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wore a mask for 3 months driving a taxi. Whilst you and others sat on yer arse. 

You have a wonderful way with words... :) 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

C1986195-A9BC-48BF-961C-65F389861D33.jpeg

Thanks. And I can't disagree with it. Hopefully we get our act together before we have the same. 

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You should have said it's 0 in every 1,000,000.    Just as bullshit but sounds better.

Can you tell me the up to date figures then?  If I'm wrong I will apologise for misleading anybody.

Making shit up as they go along. They have no ****ing idea what they are doing. Would be comical if it wasn’t so ****ing serious. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

You have a wonderful way with words... :) 

Well, thank you! I'll try to watch my mouth, Jimbob, but some things just need saying, sometimes. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Making shit up as they go along. They have no ****ing idea what they are doing. Would be comical if it wasn’t so ****ing serious. 

You're more than welcome to have a go. 

The floor is yours. 

10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Boris talking well and laying it out pretty simply.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 to simple for some. 

* too 

The Mighty Thor

Another stellar performance by the bumbling buffoon. 

He should just announce a lockdown for the under 25s and let the grown ups crack on with life 👍

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Well, thank you! I'll try to watch my mouth, Jimbob, but some things just need saying, sometimes. 

Keep it up makes me chuckle.. :) 

Stay apart but go to work but stay apart at lunchtime if you go out of the office but use the tube and bus and train but when you go home stay apart but all go down the pub together but households don't have to stay apart any more but no more than 6 of you can meet up but go to school but stay apart but you can go to church and weddings and sports but stay clear of each other

Glad that's cleared up.

:fonzie:

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Can you tell me the up to date figures then?  If I'm wrong I will apologise for misleading anybody.

Do your own research.   Tip for you though... it's usually better to research first and then contribute your figures to the debate.   Making up random shite out of thin air and then asking what the actual figures are only makes you look like a total goon.

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Stay apart but go to work but stay apart at lunchtime if you go out of the office but use the tube and bus and train but when you go home stay apart but all go down the pub together but households don't have to stay apart any more but no more than 6 of you can meet up but go to school but stay apart but you can go to church and weddings and sports but stay clear of each other

Glad that's cleared up.

Crazyness. Cases are rising so let’s blame the public for it and punish them they can be seen to be doing something about it. Then if it goes really tits up then they will go further and furth with restrictions and treat us like *****. 

I highly suspect Johnson has had his hand forced by someone senior within the scientific community.    It's markedly different to the usual M.O. for him to be trying to urge caution.    Would not be at all surprised if someone with heavy scientific clout threatened to resign unless he sobered up the messaging 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

They are trying to limit the amount of close contact people have with each other and make it enforceable, isn't that a good thing? 

Any excuse to blame the public and punish folk for essentially being the social animals that we are. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

You can see how ultra cautious Sturgeon is. No chance we will be getting crowds any time soon. Winter comes around and the merry go round starts again. 

You didn’t answer the question, would you go or be happy that members of your family would go to Doncaster today? She has allowed small crowds in to a few events, looks ok so far. Would it be better to flip flop like that utterly useless man totally out his depth that’s somehow become PM? A habitual liar with an unknown amount of children by however many women, who left his first wife for his mistress who was pregnant, who became his second wife who he left whilst she had cancer for another woman he had impregnated? It’s like an unbelievable reality tv show. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Crazyness. Cases are rising so let’s blame the public for it and punish them they can be seen to be doing something about it. Then if it goes really tits up then they will go further and furth with restrictions and treat us like *****. 

How's business, bud? I meant to ask. All good, I hope! 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

It's all about empathy, how much you care about how your actions affect others. Some people have little or none, unfortunately.

I think i am an empathic person. Well i know i am. I wear a mask just in case I might have the virus and pass it on but also aware that it might be a waste of time.  But if it helps people with their anxiety about the virus then thats fine with me.

I have even greater empathy for the countless millions who may lose their jobs due to lockdowns and the snowball effects to their mental health, family life, relationships, housing situation etc .  In my line of work we are seeing countless referrals for support regarding financial issues as well as mental health issues and family breakdowns / domestic violence  etc  all exacerbated  by the lockdown. I dread to think what another full lockdown would do. Yes localised lockdowns which are time limited are not an issue as such but its the uncertainty of it all which is affected peoples mental well being.  

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Glad that's cleared up.

96FB1151-49C3-4522-9FF5-FEC602BAE6BE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How's business, bud? I meant to ask. All good, I hope! 

Been fine. Have been quiet lately but just glad to be out again. Gig side of it all is still ****ed lol mostly English folk with a few tourist dotted about. Still very different to pre Covid. 

Met and played for Tyson fury yesterday which was braw haha he was here calling out some wwe guy. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I highly suspect Johnson has had his hand forced by someone senior within the scientific community.    It's markedly different to the usual M.O. for him to be trying to urge caution.    Would not be at all surprised if someone with heavy scientific clout threatened to resign unless he sobered up the messaging 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's clears that up then. 

Some slaver.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Wait, they were going to allow some fans to get into Doncaster? I would have paid handsomely for just 1 punch at the turd. 

You could pay off the UKs trillions of debt if you auctioned a shot at him 😆

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You are getting quite good at finding things on the internet these day, well done.

At least we won't have to put up with your endless idiotic questions.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Been fine. Have been quiet lately but just glad to be out again. Gig side of it all is still ****ed lol

Met and played for Tyson fury yesterday which was braw haha 

Ya dancer. What's he like, apart from being a giant. Any footage, bud.??? 

17 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

We keep getting told the virus doesn't discriminate...why does it not affect you when playing team sports or at work?

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

You are getting quite good at finding things on the internet these day, well done.

At least we won't have to put up with your endless idiotic questions.

Why? 

::troll::

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You didn’t answer the question, would you go or be happy that members of your family would go to Doncaster today? She has allowed small crowds in to a few events, looks ok so far. Would it be better to flip flop like that utterly useless man totally out his depth that’s somehow become PM? A habitual liar with an unknown amount of children by however many women, who left his first wife for his mistress who was pregnant, who became his second wife who he left whilst she had cancer for another woman he had impregnated? It’s like an unbelievable reality tv show. 

Course I would go if I was interested in horses running about. It's outside and so the chances of getting a virus is extremely low. 

As I've said many times Johnson is a bumbling fool. This is nothing to do with political leaning.

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks. And I can't disagree with it. Hopefully we get our act together before we have the same. 

Here’s hoping mate 

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

:laugh4: I'm just happy Christmas has been cancelled

Nawwwwwwwww!!!! I was looking forward to it 😭

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We keep getting told the virus doesn't discriminate...why does it not affect you when playing team sports or at work?

the team sports is the organised ones wo there is specific rules in place for them (testing twice a week etc). For workplaces they should have rules to maintain social distancing or measures to reduce the chances of transmission if social distancing is not possible. all of this should be in a risk assessment and clearly communicated to employees

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's clears that up then. 

Some slaver.

It's not.   Whitty and Vallance are government paid civil servants not free to speak their minds.   The last thing Johnson needs is Whitty or Vallance at liberty to tell the truth.  Pre or post inquiry.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

More sinister developments. Covid marshals! Gets more like East Germany every day.

Where's that, then? 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Where's that, then? 

Was on the BBC. Presumably only England at the moment. Now what sort of person would apply for that.....

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Was on the BBC. Presumably only England at the moment. Now what sort of person would apply for that.....

Dunno.   Auld grannies with Lollipop woman experience?

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Saw that but thought it might be petty to point it out! 😊

One of my pet hates, that and dog shit on the pavement and people when write " on route" on Facebook argghhh

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic