Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

No I dont wear one. Who would have though that a healthy person not wearing a mask would become a social outcast! 😂 

DC8EEDF7-AD0F-4478-AAC8-2D39148E7F7F.jpeg

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Who isn’t doing this? I haven’t been anywhere or seen anyone or group not doing this. Still rates are rising man. 

I've seen plenty, jack. Plenty! It's as if the virus doesn't exist. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Of course it’s spreading it’s not going to disappear. Is this how it’s gonna be too? Blame some group every time things open up? Blame kids? Blame schools? Blame boozers? Blame restaurants? Be blaming football matches if you ever get into one again without wearing a bio suit. I don’t know what kind of place we’re headed to tbh. 

Perhaps we're aiming for one where we ask folk to be responsible and we call out irresponsible behaviour. Also one where we nip it in the bud as quickly as we can when such irresponsible behaviour occurs, particularly if it is causing transmission, or where folk are responsible but that isn't effective enough to prevent transmission. One where we also highlight where such problems take place so that folk are made more aware of the potential problem areas and cat act accordingly to try to remedy this (this will be what you call "blaming" but what I would call "informing us so that we can all do our bit").

Society has always worked like this. It's just that with the threat currently posed by Covid to health, we're all having to ask others to have far greater responsibility than normal. It doesn't need to lead to a dystopian future.

38 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Do you wear one because you are scared of the government or the disease? 

Why does it come down to being scared? I don't drink and drive because of the law, I do it because I'm not a fecking dafty. 

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Its almost robotic. And no i won't wear a mask as they are bad for my health and make sod all difference. You keep doing whatever Sturgeon tells you though...

See what I meant earlier about not challenging non mask wearers because of the belligerence that these people display. 

Only way these folk will listen is when they are forced to by law.

Spot fine for first offenders then jail if caught again. 😋

20 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Why is that? DO you have an underlying health condition?

His heid profile must be as misaligned as his brain cells...🛎️🦇

Edited by OBE

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good to see allowing fans into Doncaster has been cancelled, a sensible decision. 

Wait, they were going to allow some fans to get into Doncaster? I would have paid handsomely for just 1 punch at the turd. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Who isn’t doing this? I haven’t been anywhere or seen anyone or group not doing this. Still rates are rising man. 

From what I've seen, most people don't even manage to stay 50cm apart when meeting groups outside their household, never mind 2 metres.

14 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

yup - psychopathic tendencies 

https://psyarxiv.com/chgkn/

I was only talking about empathy. You can lack empathy without being psychopathic. I can see how folk who don't wear facemasks when they should do so, with no legitimate medical reason for it, are definitely lacking in empathy for those who they may infect, but stretching that to calling them psychopathic or having psychopathic tendencies is not on, imo.

21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's all about empathy, how much you care about how your actions affect others. Some people have little or none, unfortunately.

Indeed. 

23 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Why is that? DO you have an underlying health condition?

Have you not heard? Masks put so many fibres into your lungs, it's worse than covid, so it is, Man! 

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I was only talking about empathy. You can lack empathy without being psychopathic. I can see how folk who don't wear facemasks when they should do so, with no legitimate medical reason for it, are definitely lacking in empathy for those who they may infect, but stretching that to calling them psychopathic or having psychopathic tendencies is not on, imo.

This is what the study showed though - not my opinion 

they are definitely selfish twits though - no doubt about that 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Ah, sorry about that. I didn't read the article itself as it wasn't working on my browser due to my settings. I'll have a read.

Edit: Interestingly, the abstract states "Dark traits (esp. psychopathy, meanness, and disinhibition) predicted low endorsement of health behaviors and the intent to knowingly expose others to risk."

Edited by redjambo

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You dont have an opinion other than what nicola tells you. 

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

From what I've seen, most people don't even manage to stay 50cm apart when meeting groups outside their household, never mind 2 metres.

Yup. I'd say almost everyone seems to have forgotten about the 2 metre rule. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Interesting question. Very few punters seen wearing masks in April/May when the disease seemed more prevelant.

I wore a mask for 3 months driving a taxi. Whilst you and others sat on yer arse. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wore a mask for 3 months driving a taxi. Whilst you and others sat on yer arse. 

Surprised you had any business in that time. My mate drives a cab and had to furlough. 

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Is spouting pish a symptom of Covid? If so, I think we'd all better get ourselves tested, pronto. :)

Apparently I need to get tested for being a psychopath according to our Lanarkshire friend. Can I take my mobile in to my padded cell? 

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Is spouting pish a symptom of Covid? If so, I think we'd all better get ourselves tested, pronto. :)

if so the number of positive cases will go through the roof when all of jkb get tested

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The fact that she refused to move in to Bute House but commute back and forth to weegie world was total disrespect to the position of FM of Scotland and to the capital city but maybe she just didnt want to sleep in Alex bedroom 

Yes, exactly 

Samuel Camazzola
40 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

DC8EEDF7-AD0F-4478-AAC8-2D39148E7F7F.jpeg

Do you like water sports? 

Does the above work on jellyfish stings? 

Are you Coonster? 

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Boris bumbling on about mandatory health checks before you can carry on your normal life?! Nobody think this is a tad sinister? 

What’s wrong with that?

27 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You dont have an opinion other than what nicola tells you. 

See this is what it's about with your kind. 

You don't like SNP, Nicola Sturgeon or even women in powerful positions. 

Can't handle authority particularly women in authority. 

5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Boris bumbling on about mandatory health checks before you can carry on your normal life?! Nobody think this is a tad sinister? 

Health checks are sinister? I’m not really with you. When there’s a new virus, surely checks would be a helpful means of controlling it and understanding it. 

Sounds like there could be some juicy contracts to be nabbed by way of a massive,  population scale testing regime.    I'm sure the tendering process will be above board.

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

No one did though did they? Folk rightly mocked the notion people only learn social skills by working in offices. 

But nobody said that. I was referring to office workers but it equally applies to anyone working with other people, face to face, in any workplace. That helps to develop social skills in a way that sitting in your house in front of a PC won't. I don't think that is really up for debate. Just ask any employer who laments the way some people pitch up for interviews nowadays, unable to maintain eye contact etc etc

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I don’t think he likes Boris either. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Acting Like a manchild really 

21 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Surprised you had any business in that time. My mate drives a cab and had to furlough. 

40 drivers stopped. I did it because my Building site closed, no furlough, so needs must. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Health checks are sinister? I’m not really with you. When there’s a new virus, surely checks would be a helpful means of controlling it and understanding it. 

Sinister as its completely unnecessary and out of proportion.  The last figures I saw 1 in 110k people had this virus. 

We are being taken for fools. 

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Sinister as its completely unnecessary and out of proportion.  The last figures I saw 1 in 110k people had this virus. 

We are being taken for fools. 

You must stop with this encouraging others to not follow the rules - totally irresponsible and should actually be deleted from the thread

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

My kind? I dont like SNP this is true. But because of this I'm sexist. Bit of a leap of faith....

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You must stop with this encouraging others to not follow the rules - totally irresponsible and should actually be deleted from the thread

Oh sod off you Hibs Kent.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Boris has just deployed covid distance enforcers. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Ummm please refrain from name calling - it’s not big and it’s not clever 

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Is it the Hibs or the Kent part you have issue with? 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

It's all he has other than insanity and mindlessly spewing QAnon conspiracy theories than he read on Facebook. 

Just now, Sow Easy said:

It's all he has other than insanity and mindlessly spewing QAnon conspiracy theories than he read on Facebook. 

I guess so - poor guy 

7 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Aww bless he has a friend. Or is our Hibs friend talking to himself again? 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Do you not constantly refer to people as “twits”?

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Aww bless he has a friend. Or is our Hibs friend talking to himself again? 

Were both Deep State operators. We first met in Basic Winding Up Numpties training. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic