Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Might get hit by a bus on Gorgie Road. It's fine I don't want to argue about it. I will just go somewhere where it's not required.

You want the economy to open up quickly but don't want to help local businesses open safely. 

Think you might have got things all back to front in my opinion. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Might get hit by a bus on Gorgie Road. It's fine I don't want to argue about it. I will just go somewhere where it's not required.

Fair enough. I get where you’re coming from as I’m not a big believer in rules and being told what to do, I’m more concerned with passing it on that catching it if that majesty sense. I am in a high risk group in a high risk industry though. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Sounds perfect. Flexible working from home, less traffic, less pollution....simpler, less selfish times that leave a world to live in for our kids and their kids. ❤️

Yeah he says it like it’s a bad thing, imagine only being able to travel 20 miles to work ffs 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈😆?!?!

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he says it like it’s a bad thing, imagine only being able to travel 20 miles to work ffs 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈😆?!?!

I think it's the concept of making small sacrifices for future generations that irks him the most. Assuming his latest conspiracy theory is true, that is. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You want the economy to open up quickly but don't want to help local businesses open safely. 

Think you might have got things all back to front in my opinion. 

Biggest spike in cases is in France and Spain where masks are mandatory. They don't work so are pointless and just a tool used to gauge acceptance by the government that the masses will accept anything to do with covid to implement further reductions in our freedoms. So to get to the pint the last thing I want to be reminded of when going to the pub. Fortunately for your industry most people will just care that they are allowed to drink in a pub for the time being in any case.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think it's the concept of making small sacrifices for future generations that irks him the most. Assuming his latest conspiracy theory is true, that is. 🙄

I must’ve missed that . . . . thankfully 😆.

20 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Sounds perfect. Flexible working from home, less traffic, less pollution....simpler, less selfish times that leave a world to live in for our kids and their kids. ❤️

And a world full of goggle eyed zoomers with zero social skills, who know nothing other than sitting in front of a PC. Learning in an office environment is an important part of starting working life or any new job. I'm actually enjoying being in traffic jams and complaining about roadworks again.  Reassuring that we're on the road back - no pun intended- to normality.  Also talk of Rishi Sunak introducing tax incentives on airline tickets - Fly Out to Help Out. 👍

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough. I get where you’re coming from as I’m not a big believer in rules and being told what to do, I’m more concerned with passing it on that catching it if that majesty sense. I am in a high risk group in a high risk industry though. 

Yup it does make sense. It disturbs me the way this is being used to justify changes to our lifestyle when this has never been done for anything previously. Now if it was wiping out thousands a day I would understand it but that simply isn't happening. I really hope I've got this all wrong but something just isn't right about it all.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

20mins...walking or on the bike. Not 20 miles.  Keep up!

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Biggest spike in cases is in France and Spain where masks are mandatory. They don't work so are pointless and just a tool used to gauge acceptance by the government that the masses will accept anything to do with covid to implement further reductions in our freedoms. So to get to the pint the last thing I want to be reminded of when going to the pub. Fortunately for your industry most people will just care that they are allowed to drink in a pub for the time being in any case.

Some boy you. 

Enjoy your evening. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only one thing  that annoys me at the moment btw.

Pubs take your details,which is fine

But dont put down a time/duration of visit  as far as i can see.

Now i might be in your pub  in the morning and some covid + punter may nip in for a cheeky half pint at 3.00pm long after im gone.

Setting of a track n trace from said pub,but i wasnt in when he was.

Been in a 100+ plus  pubs since reopening,work sadly (never had a pint yet)

are times being recorded?

Edited by Tott

Just now, Tott said:

Now i might be in your pub  in the morning and some covid + punter may nip in for a cheeky half pint at 3.00pm long after im gone.

are times been recorded?

They should be. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And a world full of goggle eyed zoomers with zero social skills, who know nothing other than sitting in front of a PC. Learning in an office environment is an important part of starting working life or any new job. I'm actually enjoying being in traffic jams and complaining about roadworks again.  Reassuring that we're on the road back - no pun intended- to normality.  Also talk of Rishi Sunak introducing tax incentives on airline tickets - Fly Out to Help Out. 👍

Sounds like you just can't handle change. Bet you were ranting that self scan check outs would steal jobs etc. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Sounds like you just can't handle change. Bet you were ranting that self scan check outs would steal jobs etc. 

I didn't enjoy working from home to start with. I got used to it. It's just a job after all. 

Weakened Offender
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm pleased you're enjoying being in traffic jams pal, long may that continue. 😁

He makes a very valid point about social interaction. Who the hell wants to sit in the house all day looking at a screen.

New normal is anything but normal.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I didn't enjoy working from home to start with. I got used to it. It's just a job after all. 

For some industries it just makes sense. Said it before but blended models are the way to go and that's what will happen, too many benefits to companies and employees. It's not for every industry obviously. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

He makes a very valid point about social interaction. Who the hell wants to sit in the house all day looking at a screen.

Presuming we aren't living in lockdown for ever then most people will get social interaction outside work. At the end of the day you're there to do a job, not blether about x factor. 

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

It is a fair point but responsible companies will work it properly. 

Surely it should be worth looking into how it is easier for those that can't work from home to get to and from work safer and cheaper. 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

For some industries it just makes sense. Said it before but blended models are the way to go and that's what will happen, too many benefits to companies and employees. It's not for every industry obviously. 

Of course that's what will happen. The Tory Party are terrified that people that own massive office complexes will lose billions when companies move out. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yup it does make sense. It disturbs me the way this is being used to justify changes to our lifestyle when this has never been done for anything previously. Now if it was wiping out thousands a day I would understand it but that simply isn't happening. I really hope I've got this all wrong but something just isn't right about it all.

If anything it’s showed how subservient folk can be, but the daily scandals involving the current U.K. government shows that anyway. 
I think it’s how easily this can spread that’s the problem, we’ve not really faced this in modern times as much as say Asian countries have in the past. I don’t think there’s any easy way out of it though, common sense from folk unlike the guy in Aberdeen would help. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Tott said:

We are recording what time you come in, you should only be in for four hours, others should be too. We’re doing temp checks when you come in too. The details are out on a computer file for three weeks then scrubbed. We’ve changed to individual slips so others can’t see the details. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not to the detriment of developing social skills, interacting with others and working as part of a team. I've been employed, unemployed, self-employed, a small business owner and employed again. I think I can adapt to change OK. 😂

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not to the detriment of developing social skills, interacting with others and working as part of a team. I've been employed, unemployed, self-employed, a small business owner and employed again. I think I can adapt to change OK. 😂

You only learned social skills and started interacting with others when you got a job? Kinda upbringing did you have! 

You only learned social skills and started interacting with others when you got a job? Kinda upbringing did you have! 

Oh ffs. I think you know what I mean.  Develop, improve...social skills. You think someone starting their first job has the social skills of someone who has been working there for years?? 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh ffs. I think you know what I mean.  Develop, improve...social skills. You think someone starting their first job has the social skills of someone who has been working there for years?? 

Young people spend their life's interacting online. I'm sure they will cope. Time to move with the times Enzo 

10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Young people spend their life's interacting online. I'm sure they will cope. Time to move with the times Enzo 

Yes, I suppose so Notts. .The times they are a' changin, as someone once said..still can't beat the 80s and 90s though😎

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I suppose so Notts. .The times they are a' changin, as someone once said..still can't beat the 80s and 90s though😎

What I want is a test that gives results in a minute or so. That's the quickest way to open the economy up properly. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

What I want is a test that gives results in a minute or so. That's the quickest way to open the economy up properly. 

Yes, that would be a game changer. Imagine the nerves outside Tynie on Derby day though...waiting for that test result before you get into the game😂

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We are recording what time you come in, you should only be in for four hours, others should be too. We’re doing temp checks when you come in too. The details are out on a computer file for three weeks then scrubbed. We’ve changed to individual slips so others can’t see the details. 

Just as an aside I noted that when I was in mc donalds the other day kids were asked to give their details ( name and phone number ) before going into the place . Surely that’s rather dodgey ? Don’t know what weirdos may get their details.  

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, that would be a game changer. Imagine the nerves outside Tynie on Derby day though...waiting for that test result before you get into the game😂

It's a strange one. 

Look Enzo I disagree with everything you say about how to sort this but I'm sure we can agree on this. 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just as an aside I noted that when I was in mc donalds the other day kids were asked to give their details ( name and phone number ) before going into the place . Surely that’s rather dodgey ? Don’t know what weirdos may get their details.  

😂😂😂😂😂

Utter bollocks btw kids 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m no sure what the age limit is, I’ve seen a few instances in social media where folks details have been abused let’s say. It’s supposed to be kept for three weeks and deleted. You’re really putting your trust in those taking your details, it’s one reason we’re doing all we can so that people feel we are trustworthy. 

Ive looked at the guidelines and it doesn’t give an age limit so anyone that comes in needs to be able to be traced. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Plenty room on a train at the moment so can spread out along coaches but on a bus you can’t do that as buses are much busier than trains at the moment 

When trains get busier the empty seats will have people sitting in them 

👍🏻
Wonder if they’ve given thought to putting on more buses and limiting the amount of passengers so it’s spaced out like a train .

Plan to pop into the Diggers In the next week or two, plus my local.  If I don’t think either are being sensible in the way they are managing things then I’ll have the one and won’t be back for a while. There’s no risk free way but a few sensible precautions well managed helps reassure the casual alcoholic. 

3 hours ago, Tott said:

We had the same thing on Sunday while out for breakfast, no time noted.

5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Presuming we aren't living in lockdown for ever then most people will get social interaction outside work. At the end of the day you're there to do a job, not blether about x factor. 

BGT just now.

Captain Sausage

Oxford vaccine pauses due to ‘serious adverse reaction’ in a British recipient. Not great news to wake up to. 

The idea that you improve your social skills by working in an office is hilarious. Working in an office has made me more ****ing anti-social if that's possible. Lot of absolute shite. 

6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

It's a strange one. 

Look Enzo I disagree with everything you say about how to sort this but I'm sure we can agree on this. 

Absolutely Notts.👍

46 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Oxford vaccine pauses due to ‘serious adverse reaction’ in a British recipient. Not great news to wake up to. 

Agree however WHO saying standard practice to stop and investigate- given the number of people in trial apparently some will have other health issues etc and  it is very rarely a reaction to the vacine.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

A routine action made voluntary. It was made with an abundance of cation

The 'injured' person will make a full recovery.

Sounds like they want to show the World that they have the proper protocols in place and are not rushing the vaccine through

joondalupjambo

Interesting the Matt Hancock just said in BBC that the reason that people who cannot get a Covid test is because there are now too many people getting tested who do not have the symptoms.  25% of people turning up for tests do not have the symptoms but they have booked a test.  He also says he does not want to introduce eligibility criteria as tests should be driven by need and also everything is in place at record levels.

So nothing to do with lack of anything it is the people fault.  Interesting.  Is he right?

Was always going to happen and should have been planned for. Easier to just blame the public though. Probably young people that are at it. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic