Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

The longer this thread carries on, the lower the average IQ falls.

Could be yet another Covid symptom...

Edited by OBE

Just now, davemclaren said:

...that’s up for re-election next year. 

But regarding his other posts he is suggesting people should ignore what they are telling us - this is very irresponsible 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I can see Glasgow going into a stricter lockdown (perhaps similar to the one Aberdeen went through) very soon if the figures go the way they're going.

National lockdown? No, unless something goes completely awry, we're past that stage now. However local lockdowns could turn out to be very strict. In fact, I can see the approach becoming "strike quick, strike hard", with the idea of nipping the local infections in the bud before they have a chance to spread, implementing contact tracing and extensive testing, and then getting back out of lockdown asap.

Sorry if this is seem as "doom-mongering". I just think that those in charge will look at Aberdeen and see how well that worked. So far, Glasgow is not showing the same propensity to head in the same way, although admittedly it is early days in the local lockdown there.

So, I guess what I am saying is that you may be disappointed if you live in an area which experiences a spike or cluster and needs to be locked down because I think that the approach *may* change. All eyes on Glasgow.

👍 yes I can see local lockdowns being part of the plan for some time . 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

But regarding his other posts he is suggesting people should ignore what they are telling us - this is very irresponsible 

People can make up their own minds I'm sure! Glad you feel I have some influence on the kickback massive though! 

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

People can make up their own minds I'm sure! Glad you feel I have some influence on the kickback massive though! 

But you should not be encouraging this irresponsible behaviour- it’s really not on 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

...that’s up for re-election next year. 

Can see elections being delayed like they were in new Zealand.  For our own safety obviously! 😂

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

But you should not be encouraging this irresponsible behaviour- it’s really not on 

😂😂😂you're fecking priceless. 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He's some random on Kickback. He's not going to bring about the second wave ffs 😂😂😂😂

Oh and the irony that it's you saying this stuff is lovely. 

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Can see elections being delayed like they were in new Zealand.  For our own safety obviously! 😂

I think ‘the despot’ will be quite eager to hold them. 😎

Just now, Notts1874 said:

He's some random on Kickback. He's not going to bring about the second wave ffs 😂😂😂😂

Oh and the irony that it's you saying this stuff is lovely. 

This isn’t the point.  Spreading false information and encouraging irresponsible behaviour is very very foolish. 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

This isn’t the point.  Spreading false information and encouraging irresponsible behaviour is very very foolish. 

He has his opinion. I don't agree with it but he's hardly starting a revolution by posting it on here. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

He has his opinion. I don't agree with it but he's hardly starting a revolution by posting it on here. 

I’m expecting an email from ‘The dentist’ tomorrow. 🥴

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

It should not be allowed - all it takes is for 1 naive person here to read it and believe it is true ...  

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I've already burnt all my masks 😜😜😜

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

It should not be allowed - all it takes is for 1 naive person here to read it and believe it is true ...  

Why shouldn't it be allowed? Debate him don't ask for him to be silenced. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I got a phone call from the dentist last week to cancel my check up :P

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Encouraging what?

Making jokes about what we are being told by the Scottish government about a serious virus 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Making jokes about what we are being told by the Scottish government about a serious virus 

Even Nicola appreciates a joke sometimes. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

They should maybe add irrational feelings of outright denial to the list of watch list symptoms.   

😆

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Some boy today asked them if they'd consider using Lewis Capaldi as the face of their campaigns. 

That's a face improved with a mask tbf. 

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

Ooh we getting memes out again.....a virus so virulent and deadly...you have to be tested to know that you have it. 

A test that the inventor himself said should not be used to identify viruses. '

regarding Kary Mullis’ intention for the PCR, this is what he said:

“I’m sad that he isn’t here to defend his manufacturing technique. Kary did not invent a test. He invented a very powerful manufacturing technique that is being abused. What are the best applications for PCR? Not medical diagnostics. He knew that and he always said that.”

https://www.weblyf.com/2020/05/coronavirus-the-truth-about-pcr-test-kit-from-the-inventor-and-other-experts/

A virus that hasn't even been established yet by the gold standard of virus definition...Koch's Postulates.

And yet there going to have vaccines ready to roll come year end for a virus that has not been established yet?....good luck to all of you that want it...not for me thanks.

e9477010.jpg

Without consideration to the rest of your post, the bolded part isn't particularly relevant. You need to be tested to know you have HIV, would you say that isn't deadly? 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Think the virus will get angry if we laugh about it? 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

AlphonseCapone

Even dictators have a sense of humour. Only folk from Hamilton lacking one apparently. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

😆

That's a face improved with a mask tbf. 

Without consideration to the rest of your part, the bolded part isn't particularly relevant. You need to be tested to know you have HIV, would you say that isn't deadly? 

Think the virus will get angry if we laugh about it? 

The virus specifically targets you if you make a joke about it. Fact. 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The virus specifically targets you if you make a joke about it. Fact. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not when it comes to the seriousness of the virus.

this is very irresponsible behaviour and expected better from you aswell 

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Accusing an admin on this site of being irresponsible. Where are the mods? 

Nucky Thompson

I see there's been a big media push by the health advisors to get people back into line.

Are the new 3 deaths in Scotland being reported in the usual way, within 28 days of a positive case?

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The message being encouraged is irresponsible. Doesn’t matter who is saying it but anyone suggesting that the virus is not serious, or we shouldn’t bother following the rules, or joking about the virus is definitely irresponsible behaviour 

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You know people even had a laugh during the war? 

Wear a mask don't be a dick get on with life the best you can. 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He’s right though. I tend to laugh/joke in the face of adversity...Whether that is irresponsible is a matter of opinion.  

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

The message being encouraged is irresponsible. Doesn’t matter who is saying it but anyone suggesting that the virus is not serious, or we shouldn’t bother following the rules, or joking about the virus is definitely irresponsible behaviour 

What do you suggest we laugh about instead? 

AlphonseCapone

He’s right though. I tend to laugh/joke in the face of adversity...Whether that is irresponsible is a matter of opinion.  

He's not right. Laughing isn't irresponsible. 

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because the chicken behind it didn’t know how to socially distance properly.

:D Settle down. If you don't mind me saying so, you're actually doing the responsible measured approach to coronavirus a disservice by your attitude. Your concern is understandable but if you keep pissing people off, no-one is going to listen to a word you say.

I can see why some people think you are a troll. I don't, but I do feel that you don't realise how the arguments that you offer actually suffer from the way you present them. I wouldn't go so far as to say that your approach is going to encourage people to be irresponsible, because we're all adults here and can come to our own judgements, but you're certainly not going to win hearts, minds or arguments if you carry on like that.

Unfortunately, in a democracy, people are allowed some rights to disagree  

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What do you suggest we laugh about instead? 

Prince Andrew? Probably best steer clear incase it encourages noncing though. Irresponsible. 

Nucky Thompson

2420 new Positive cases in the UK. A big drop from the previous 2 days

30 new deaths, catching up from the weekend lag where 2 and 3 were reported.

Still 757 people in Hospital with 77 in ICU

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see there's been a big media push by the health advisors to get people back into line.

Are the new 3 deaths in Scotland being reported in the usual way, within 28 days of a positive case?

Yes. The data sheet that comes with today's figures (http://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-trends-in-daily-data/) defines a confirmed Covid death as "an individual who dies within 28 days of their first positive Covid-19 laboratory report".

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Out of 7.8 billion people. The global numbers are very very low, and those in ICU represent about 0.00008% of the population if your numbers are correct. I bet there’s more folk in ICU with non-COVID related illness globally. 

What people tend to forget on here, and in the wider population,  is that if you stand and pontificate every lunchtime and read stats about any illness at all, people will be scared and brow beaten. 

There are 1.2million over 65s in Scotland and we have suffered 4.5k deaths of all age groups. That is 0.075 % of the population,  many of whom would, unfortunately, be included in the 60k who die each year in Scotland.  Most of the deaths occurred in care homes, pattly because of the catastrophic political decision to empty hospitals and the virus into the homes. That decision was made on the back of the flawed scientific modelling that both govts were in thrall to at the time. We now know, instead of 80% of the population being infected, around 1% have been. The human immune system of course will fight off infections in the vast majority of cases.  Unfortunately,  those with comorbidities were most vulnerable, as they are to all colds, flus etc.  

With all the hysteria surrounding Covid, the one thing that has been lacking through all the flawed, modelling, scaremongering about 2nd waves etc is a bit of perspective. There are many more dangerous illnesses out there than Covid and the figures in any country, continent or worldwide reflect a tiny proportion of the number of people on the planet. 

The data in Scotland and the UK does not support the idea that the increased cases will follow through in to hospital admissions and deaths. Hopefully that continues and, indeed, once the overstated hospital figures, are reduced accordingly, the picture will be even clearer.. 

8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He's not right. Laughing isn't irresponsible. 

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because the chicken behind it didn’t know how to socially distance properly.

:D

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

2420 new Positive cases in the UK. A big drop from the previous 2 days

30 new deaths, catching up from the weekend lag where 2 and 3 were reported.

Still 757 people in Hospital with 77 in ICU

Testing has hit capacity with people unable to get tests and labs unable to deal with the volume of tests. So in that respect a drop in case numbers does not really mean much, it could be significantly higher than the figure quoted. 

3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

3 deaths of people who had a 96% chance of having an underlying condition or were over 80. 

Were we immortal before covid? Get the despot and her dentist accomplice off the telly and stop scaring the weak and vulnerable. 

**** sake. 

This guy needs help 🙄

It's better to look at the percentage of positive cases resulting from the number of tests performed,  plus the daily rolling average over 7 days.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic