Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Pubs in Aberdeen weren't giving af. They were causing the problem. In Glasgow etc... The pubs are tip top. 

I second this. The pubs and restaurants that I have been in are class in tracking, cleaning and service. It's no surprise there hasn't been a spike in cafes & pubs, the employees are working solid to keep things clean and enforcing distancing etc. I've been very comfortable going out and felt very safe.

Less can be said for the The Gym Group on Cathcart Road. Went on Monday, lasted half and hour then left and moved my membership; nothing to clean machines, no one wearing masks, no one enforcing masks, trainers not even masked up and half the machines were still not working correctly, despite them having months to get them in working order.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think you'll find it was HIM offering ME square goes on the PMs a couple of weeks ago. 😉

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We've covered that one elsewhere, toots.

I thought with all of the attention you were givin me you might want to get a room. :wub:

Either way you shat it. :)👍

Square go's in public please. 

11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

That's my 3rd holiday of the year cancelled due to lockdown. Japan in April, Germany in May and now Parkdean in Nairn wouldn't let a group of us in for out long weekend as we're from Glasgow (don't really blame them) - no refunds for this one.

Punish the people who obey the rules, while the people who caused the spike will continue to break them.

Nothing to do with Covid-19 though... Boom boom. Glasgow joke. 

AlphonseCapone

This is the sort of thing I think is creepy and is actually worthy of all the government overreach type chat, rather than shan memes;

BBC News - Covid: Australian anti-lockdown suspect's arrest draws controversy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54007824

I can see how characters like Trump could use this type of thing for nefarious behaviours. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Nothing to do with Covid-19 though... Boom boom. Glasgow joke. 

Haha tbf, after last years trip, I'm probably barred from most pubs in Moray.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'm a lover not a fighter, Alph, and a spectacular lover at that. :smuggy:

I can’t get my head around the stupid policies some organisations are putting into place.

Caught a train yesterday where it was advised to arrive early. The train was at 21:15 and in the waiting area every seat except one had been taped off on the benches leaving dozens of people stood waiting for more than half an hour. Get on the train and the booking system had 8 passengers including myself sat next to each other in the aisles with half the carriages remaining empty ?! 

What’s the point in all of the stuff in the station if you’re then going to sit me 30cm away from a stranger for 3 hours. 

25 minutes ago, graygo said:

Just put us all back in lockdown, nobody ever to leave their house again. That'll sort it out. Success!

No need when the local lockdowns are working so well. B) 

Weakened Offender
21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We've covered that one elsewhere, toots.

I thought with all of the attention you were givin me you might want to get a room. :wub:

Either way you shat it. :)👍

See. 😊

Imagine being so angry on the Internet that you resort to trying to actually fight someone. What a helmet. 😁 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Brian Dundas said:

Australia can be quite heavy handed and draconian in trying to protect its island environment, which is also peculiar as most law makers are decedents of immigrants.

Anyway, agreed this kind of behaviour does not help the situation we are in at all.

It's been a running joke for years that Australia is running a few decades behind the rest of the world.

It looks as if it's now approaching Germany in the 1940s

AlphonseCapone
18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm a lover not a fighter, Alph, and a spectacular lover at that. :smuggy:

Now we're really getting to the bottom of these PMs.... 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Did we guys decide who was biting the pillow?

Alas, we didn't even get as far as PMs. :(

What even comes before first base?

Agressive spooning?

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

What you have to accept before dipping your toe in the lunatic pool that infests this thread is that there are more than a few posters on here who have no respect whatsoever for their own country. It's not their fault neither, they're brainwashed zoomers who simply are not capable of thinking on their own.

The smallest thing about Scotland is them. 

:spoton:

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This is the sort of thing I think is creepy and is actually worthy of all the government overreach type chat, rather than shan memes;

BBC News - Covid: Australian anti-lockdown suspect's arrest draws controversy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54007824

I can see how characters like Trump could use this type of thing for nefarious behaviours. 

Yes australia  an New Zealand have lost the plot . Australia has Always been a class less / lowbrow place so not its added this to its identity . Poor woman 

2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

My experience of Greece was it is only the flight and transfers that you have to worry about, once you a there it is just as safe as staying here.

Yeah that’s the issue sitting on a plane ! I’ll prob just stay at home but it felt good thinking about being in the sun 🌞 

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes australia  an New Zealand have lost the plot . Australia has Always been a class less / lowbrow place so not its added this to its identity . Poor woman 

Quite a scathing attack on those 2 countries, just for context how long did you spend in Australia and what parts of it?

1 death reported at today’s briefing but that death occurred in mid August.

R number above 1 possibly 1.4. Indications are the virus is spreading at the moment. 

AlphonseCapone
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Tbf, government actions aside, the 3 weeks I spent in Australia were great and the people were very nice. Not a massive sample size I'll grant you. 

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

1 death reported at today’s briefing but that death occurred in mid August.

R number above 1 possibly 1.4. Indications are the virus is spreading at the moment. 

I think what's more important is what happens with hospital, ICU and death rates as opposed to the R number. Not that it isn't important but I doubt anyone really believes this thing will go anywhere now so it's all about what is happening to those getting it now. An increase in it's spread without associated hospital or death rates could be very informative. 

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

R number could be above 1 again

more important than ever that EVERYONE follows the rules of FACTS

32E67D62-1B43-4307-AB01-065E8B0D272D.jpeg

Most people are. Stop being a twit. 

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tbf, government actions aside, the 3 weeks I spent in Australia were great and the people were very nice. Not a massive sample size I'll grant you. 

Yes I was probably stereotyping I’m sure there are decent people there like anywhere just their Govt seem to be manic just now 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Most people are. Stop being a twit. 

Not everyone is though and there are some twits on here who are admitting to it

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I think what's more important is what happens with hospital, ICU and death rates as opposed to the R number. Not that it isn't important but I doubt anyone really believes this thing will go anywhere now so it's all about what is happening to those getting it now. An increase in it's spread without associated hospital or death rates could be very informative. 

Exactly 👍 there has been scientific arguments about the relevance of the R number so I wouldn’t be too concerned about it raising .

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Maybe they are just saying that to you because you're lecturing them. No one likes a lecturing twit. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Maybe they are just saying that to you because you're lecturing them. No one likes a lecturing twit. 

Well they are quite immature if that’s the case 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Hospitalisation numbers are being reviewed at the moment as it may not be an accurate reflection of why people are in hospital. Someone may be in hospital for an other ailment but tested positive a couple of weeks ago. 

28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

The more you mention it on here the more determined I am not to wear a mask. 

And for you to go around calling anyone immature considering you constantly go around calling people twits is funny. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well you are acting very childish mate 

don’t be so selfish 

jack D and coke
45 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bbvf1e5zrr4w85nesyh

Health Secretary Jeane Freeman reveals that NHS Highland will purchase the Home Farm Care Home. The home was the subject of of Care Inspectorate scrutiny amid an outbreak of Covid-19 among residents.

Makes me angry when I hear people moaning they have had their holiday cancelled. Some folks are literally queueing at food banks to survive. Folks losing jobs left right and centre. Business and whole industries absolutely crushed overnight. Families uncertain how they will pay the rent or their mortgage in the next few months. Years and decades of hard work and commitment to folks ventures and lost due to no fault of their own.

So if you holiday gets cancelled and refunded, remember some folks dont know what they will eat next week or where they will live next month.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

What I found class less that some folk referred to Proseco as champagne.

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

And for you to go around calling anyone immature considering you constantly go around calling people twits is funny. 

You could wear an invisible one. 

I'm obviously complying with all the guidelines and that but every time I see or hear that FACTS thing it breaks my spirit a little. Why do they think we need some catchy phrase, especially one that's been stretched to the absolute limit like that one, to remind us to be sensible. Brings me down it does.

22 minutes ago, Phage said:

Makes me angry when I hear people moaning they have had their holiday cancelled. Some folks are literally queueing at food banks to survive. Folks losing jobs left right and centre. Business and whole industries absolutely crushed overnight. Families uncertain how they will pay the rent or their mortgage in the next few months. Years and decades of hard work and commitment to folks ventures and lost due to no fault of their own.

So if you holiday gets cancelled and refunded, remember some folks dont know what they will eat next week or where they will live next month.

This

Plus they have been advised against booking holidays abroad just now anyway 

18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Wouldn’t know wouldn’t drink either , Instant puke up for me 

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This

Your a right bundle of fun aren’t u ? 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This

How about you book one of those one-way Space X holidays to Mars mate.

No Covid there but there'll still be plenty of guidelines for you to follow and a lot of mask wearing to keep you happy. Right up your street.

👍

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Your a right bundle of fun aren’t u ? 

Don’t be too harsh on him - he’s suffering from an unnatural disorder...

31 minutes ago, Phage said:

I get what you’re saying but folk are still allowed to be upset at their own situation.

I’m sure there are families that have lost loved ones that would be happy to swap places with someone that’s lost their job. 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Honestly just give it a rest, you are so irritating it is beyond belief.

Do you have naked pictures of all the mods or something as it’s the only explanation for how you haven’t been banned for blatant trolling.  

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Do you have naked pictures of all the mods or something as it’s the only explanation for how you haven’t been banned for blatant trolling.  

He is one of the mods.

Brighton Jambo
41 minutes ago, Phage said:

Yeah but for some they may have scrimped and saved to get away for that holiday that they had been looking forward to for months or longer.  A chance to get away from the worries and grind, a chance to give their kids a much needed change of scene.  For some folk that week away a year is what they graft for all year come rain or shine.  

You don’t know people’s situation so don’t be so judgemental.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

:naughty:

Are people actually having holidays cancelled? Thought it was just the trauma of having to stay in for a couple of weeks on return that was causing aggro. 

jack D and coke
33 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The Aussies overtook the English as the most tattooed people I’ve ever seen. 
You’ve also never seen scumbags until you’ve seen some proper bogans. Sheeeeiiit! 
Wasn’t that impressed with Oz at all tbh. 

Edited by jack D and coke

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jack D and coke said:

The Aussies overtook the English as the most tattooed people I’ve ever seen. 
You’ve also never seen scumbags until you’ve seen some proper bogans. Sheeeeiiit! 
Wasn’t all that impressed with Oz much at all tbh. 

I've been there twice visiting relatives but I get your drift.

45 minutes ago, Phage said:

So we can't moan about anything because some people in the world are worse off? So that's it, no more moans by anyone, because there's always someone else worse off.

Imagine even complaining about other posters when there's people dying in Yemen. Have a word with yourself.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic