Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Exactly, this is the way most people in the real world are living.  I had a game of 5s yesterday and it was brilliant to be out playing football again. 

Think some people need to start trying to have a bit of a life again.

How great did it feel to kick a ball about again eh? Was genuinely buzzing for hours after it. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

This seems to be a similar problem the Scottish Government created with Spain in July. 

Aye and they made themselves look foolish with that fiasco 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

How great did it feel to kick a ball about again eh? Was genuinely buzzing for hours after it. 

I started back again last week, legs still haven't forgiven me

:sob:

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hope they have a good time Guv. I'm sure they'll still be tuning in every lunchtime to Naughty Nikki's Head Nodding Clampdown

:D

I'm sure they will Enzo. 👍

35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Greece is still below 20 cases per 100,000 but have been put on the quarantine list because a passenger flew into Glasgow from Zante with covid.

Sturgeon and her motley crew have lost the plot :rofl:

She should really count to 10 and phone Boris, before making these wrong headed decisions. 

Weakened Offender
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She should really count to 10 and phone Boris, before making these wrong headed decisions. 

Contender for the most moronic post on this thread. 😐

Dennis Reynolds
51 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Greece is still below 20 cases per 100,000 but have been put on the quarantine list because a passenger flew into Glasgow from Zante with covid.

Sturgeon and her motley crew have lost the plot :rofl:

Scotland's chief medical officer Dr Gregor Smith said: "There is a compelling public health risk around importation of the virus, especially given the number of imported cases linked to the Greek islands.

So not just one passenger from Zante... 🤔

Willie Hamilton genius
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Contender for the most moronic post on this thread. 😐

Nope, winner by a mile!

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

She tried to count to 100, but can't get past 45 for some reason.

🤣. Hopefully that's as far as she ever gets👍

13 hours ago, graygo said:

Bloke turns up for work with a temperature and you call him "a prick with Covid"?

That's a hell of a jump.

I was reporting as it happened. Someone with symptoms going to a building site with between 50 to 100 workers. Aye, I'd say he's a prick. 

At least the temperature test works. You don't need to have covid to be prick. 

Captain Sausage
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I was reporting as it happened. Someone with symptoms going to a building site with between 50 to 100 workers. Aye, I'd say he's a prick. 

At least the temperature test works. You don't need to have covid to be prick. 

Mind in Feb/March when you were bragging about what a man you were because you had the flu but went to work on site anyway?

Aye, me too. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Mind in Feb/March when you were bragging about what a man you were because you had the flu but went to work on site anyway?

Aye, me too. 

I had the flu, way before corona was here.(Or I'd be patient 1)

Anyway, I work on my own way above everyone else and come to think of, I wore a mask for a laugh and for HSE reasons. 

If i had any symptoms now, I'd stay in the hoose. End of! 

And I can work through any illness, unlike the wimps on here. 

Edited by ri Alban

44 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Aye, me too. 

The rules weren’t in place then 

different now

if you turn up to work with a temperature then you are a twit 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

The rules weren’t in place then 

different now

I do feel like shit, when I think back. If I tried that now, I would be up to see big Innes. 

Luckily I wore my dust mask from van to roof. :thumb:

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Everyone going to work today will have a temperature.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Most people don't know that they're running a temperature, that's why chemists sell aural thermometers 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You don't need to have covid to be prick. 

As many of us so ably demonstrate.

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

As many of us so ably demonstrate.

Why I said it, bud. I'll put my hauns up. 🙌 :D

Update on the prick situation. It was two pricks. The grun workers hit a cable, and the two sparks who came to repair it should have Been isolating for 2 weeks as their third man had tested positive for Covid19, yet they continued to work and walked on site. 

Note: I'll get all the facts first, before posting next time. 

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Sound advice for any Scottish Nationalist.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

What’s a grun

It's whit ye staun oan wi yir fit. 

Baith the left yin an the right yin.

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's whit ye staun oan wi yir fit. 

Baith the left yin an the right yin.

It’s wan no yin big man👍🏼

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Update on the prick situation. It was two pricks. The grun workers hit a cable, and the two sparks who came to repair it should have Been isolating for 2 weeks as their third man had tested positive for Covid19, yet they continued to work and walked on site. 

Well that's just not how the internet works at all. 

Riddley Walker
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Oddly enough, I'm pro-independence. However, the way NS has acted over the past six months has given me pause for thought. Not that London does it any better - but the way she has manipulated the situation to give herself political advantage is very shady.

Without taking this thread too much off track, it always surprises me when people base their opinion on independence on how much they like/dislike the SNP. There would be an extremely healthy political landscape post-independence IMO. Scottish Labour would thrive, and perhaps the Scottish Tories too. Voting independence doesn't mean you're stuck with the SNP forever. 

5 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Without taking this thread too much off track, it always surprises me when people base their opinion on independence on how much they like/dislike the SNP. There would be an extremely healthy political landscape post-independence IMO. Scottish Labour would thrive, and perhaps the Scottish Tories too. Voting independence doesn't mean you're stuck with the SNP forever. 

Wasting yer time wi chat like that.

Jimmy Krankie, boooo.

Scottish Nazi Party, boooo.

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Wasting yer time wi chat like that.

Jimmy Krankie, boooo.

Scottish Nazi Party, boooo.

You're probably right tbh. I don't even look at the politics threads on here as they're insufferable. 

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s wan no yin big man👍🏼

Ahm nae yin ae they Paisley phannies.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

You'd like to think so but I doubt it very much, especially in the short to medium term.

The SNP would carry a lot of undeserved milage as the party who rent asunder the shackles of union and delivered us unto utopia.

We'll soon see.

Riddley Walker
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You'd like to think so but I doubt it very much, especially in the short to medium term.

The SNP would carry a lot of undeserved milage as the party who rent asunder the shackles of union and delivered us unto utopia.

We'll soon see.

I think they'd get one term and the knives would be out. Scottish Labour would become progressive without the shackles of Westminster IMO. But who knows really. 

Asda at Newhaven getting a bit of stick ATM.

Boy that works on the Deli counter went on holiday with mates, they all came back with symptoms. The boy got a test done but continued to work on the Thursday and Friday, before then receiving his positive result on the Saturday.

Apparently ASDA did a deep clean of the Deli counter after finding out the positive result but not the rest of the store.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-asda-worker-scared-angry-18852879?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Boy that works on the Deli counter went on holiday with mates, they all came back with symptoms. The boy got a test done but continued to work on the Thursday and Friday, before then receiving his positive result on the Saturday.

Apparently ASDA did a deep clean of the Deli counter after finding out the positive result but not the rest of the store.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-asda-worker-scared-angry-18852879?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

What a selfish twit

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Everyone going to work today will have a temperature.

😆

45 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

It's a very short sighted way to look at it. Same with the folk that voted last time on the basis of how they felt about Eck. 

27 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Hope the managers get sacked.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hope the managers get sacked.

They will just be following orders from much higher up. As usual with these things, the real problem is right at the top. Penny might have dropped about half way through that article though 

“They’re worried, they feel like all the store cares about is making money.”

Nucky Thompson
45 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Terrified staff member, wants to remain anonymous, heard from a friend who heard from a friend, blah, blah, blah 

We're going to hear loads of those stories in the coming weeks

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

I suspect any Scottish party in power post independence will toil given the economic situation that independence would likely bring.

If independence was successful I would hope the SNP would remain to take responsibility of the  situation they have engineered.

I said suspect and likely as no one really knows. But they should take full responsibility/credit for the good or bad that transpires.

Nucky Thompson

94% of people who died from covid in the US had underlying health conditions with each on average having 2.6 conditions.

Edited by Nucky Thompson

46 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They will just be following orders from much higher up. As usual with these things, the real problem is right at the top. Penny might have dropped about half way through that article though 

This is probably true. As long as the Manager has followed whatever process/guidance is in place at ASDA then cannot really blame him. 

Does the Govt have specific advice for supermarkets if staff member tests positive? Surely this is not the first supermarket worker who has tested positive for CV, but then I do not think I have heard of any supermarkets shutting for a day or two to do cleaning. 

Riddley Walker
35 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I suspect any Scottish party in power post independence will toil given the economic situation that independence would likely bring.

If independence was successful I would hope the SNP would remain to take responsibility of the  situation they have engineered.

I said suspect and likely as no one really knows. But they should take full responsibility/credit for the good or bad that transpires.

I mean yeah, there will be an election so whoever is voted in will be there to assume responsibility. 

And do you know how many countries don't have a huge deficit? A handful. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

This is probably true. As long as the Manager has followed whatever process/guidance is in place at ASDA then cannot really blame him. 

Does the Govt have specific advice for supermarkets if staff member tests positive? Surely this is not the first supermarket worker who has tested positive for CV, but then I do not think I have heard of any supermarkets shutting for a day or two to do cleaning. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/lidl-statement-staff-positive-coronavirus-18194240.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiA-5L_tcrrAhWEs3EKHbAPD-QQFjADegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0eFuATyuhgV_NN5O3n4Wq9&ampcf=1

28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

And it’s true

Well we don't know do we. Before we judge the bloke it appears Asda are pressuring staff not to take time off. Possibly he has a family to support and needs to put food on the table. It's not always black and white is it? 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Well we don't know do we. Before we judge the bloke it appears Asda are pressuring staff not to take time off. Possibly he has a family to support and needs to put food on the table. It's not always black and white is it? 

No, it's not always black n white, but in this case it is, he's of work with full pay allegedly.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic