Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Deaths have never stopped coming through. Or even slowed much. People with serious underlying conditions have continued to die with or without Covid19. Others are dying and will die because of the NHS neglect of those without Covid 19.

Take a day off. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Take a day off. 

A telling and convincing response. Or not. I'll let others judge but for me the word pathetic springs to.mind.

36 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I agree.I think we will all have our spell of it as well as no doubt Edinburgh will face similar at some point.

Finally, a positive of living out in the sticks. 👍

49 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Tell you what. You do that and the rest of us will have a life.

I kind of have a feeling lockdown did not make much difference to your lifestyle. 

Bet you wear a mask when you're on the laptop....

To be fair , he’s been wearing a mask and gloves when picking up women for years. Not sure what the zip ties are all about though

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Pathetic

That's how it's done, son. 😉

Edited by Weakened Offender

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

People will rightly ignore it.

It's put in place for a good reason. 

If you and your pals ignore it and have house parties that contravene the rules I hope you get hammered in fines. 

Maybe a wee spell in jail as well. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some people are hell bent on sending us back in to the kind of strict lockdown they continually moan about. 

Nicola being one of them

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Tell you what. You do that and the rest of us will have a life.

I kind of have a feeling lockdown did not make much difference to your lifestyle. 

Bet you wear a mask when you're on the laptop....

Well that’s an absolutely shocking attitude.  I hope you get caught and heavily fined or more.

dont act like a ignorant selfish twit and follow the rules in place 

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some people are hell bent on sending us back in to the kind of strict lockdown they continually moan about. 

Mainly Sturgeon and her cult followers.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Nicola being one of them

Aye. She's enjoying the power trip.

Two daily briefings. the 2nd to tell us that weegies can't visit each others houses.

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Well that’s an absolutely shocking attitude.  I hope you get caught and heavily fined or more.

Yep , it’s attitudes like these that will see us back in full lockdown. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep , it’s attitudes like these that will see us back in full lockdown. 

Exactly

some on here think they are cool if they break the rules when actually they should be banned from here for breaking laws 

11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

More people will die as they are not getting treated for other serious illness but you dont care about this.

So you can feck off with the moral high ground.

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Exactly

some on here think they are cool if they break the rules when actually they should be banned from here for breaking laws 

😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

More people will die as they are not getting treated for other serious illness but you dont care about this.

Scaremongering etc

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Exactly

Banned from JKB for breaking laws? 

You've lost it, bud! 😂 

q8= q8=

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

The outcomes for cancer patients in the next few years could be very bad, I think I saw that there could be 3500 deaths that could have been preventable in the next two years due to COVID impact. The other issue is that cancer patients are very vulnerable to the virus and covid, it has been a tough situation, but treatments have continued and been adapted to allow them to continue. 

Part of opening up is also ensuring these people are protected.

You would think that the last place that cancer patients and others with pre existing medical conditions wanted to be at the height of the pandemic was in hospital. People are forgetting that staff at hospitals were getting infected and anyone who's life was not in immediate danger had to be kept away from hospitals. 

It's unrealistic to expect services to jump back to normal already after the strain that has been placed on NHS. 

Regards your last sentence I had an appointment at the Eye Hospital yesterday and the staff are brilliant but due to safe distancing the waiting area has lost about two thirds of its seating capacity. 

This is bound to have an effect on waiting lists for appointments and no doubt other clinics will be affected in the same way. 

The only way the NHS can get back to its previous efficiency levels is if social distancing is scrapped. 

That is a completely different argument of course. 

6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You can jerk right off with your ignorant selfish attitude 

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You can jerk right off with your ignorant selfish attitude 

You've not answered the point. It never gets answered. Why? 

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You've not answered the point. It never gets answered. Why? 

Umm no one is stopping people getting the treatment they need are they 

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

You’re well and truly rattled tonight.

:)

Haha you might be right.....this is a poor replacement for going to Tynie and letting off steam there! 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Haha you might be right.....this is a poor replacement for going to Tynie and letting off steam there! 

At least we’re still unbeaten.

9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

People are now being treated for serious illnesses. 

Do you honestly believe people with pre existing medical conditions should have been allowed to continue their treatment in hospitals during a pandemic. 

The NHS is trying to catch up but covid had to be prioritised as it would have wiped out the weakest members of the community if strict measures hadn't been taken. 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Referrals down 60% treatment 20%. BBC for April stats. Sure they will be fine though.

22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Two daily briefings. the 2nd to tell us that weegies can't visit each others houses.

Perhaps she could pop round to Govanhill and explain it in person. She was obsessing for an entire year about Brexit in 2019 and now Covid, and independence of course, in 2020. Mundane as it would be, to someone who sees herself as something she isn't, surely she must be due a constituency visit at some point. 

AlphonseCapone

Not sure why everything is so polarised. I played football yesterday for the first time in almost half a year. Was amazing. Went to the cinema on Sunday. Wore my mask in the cinema as that was the rule. Went to the shop. Didn't wear my mask walking there. Wore it inside as is requested. I'm doing things and going places and following the rules as asked. It's starting to feel a bit more normal outside. I'm finding it easy enough to do things I did previously and follow whatever guidelines are in place. Most folk seem the same. Come onto JKB and you think it's close to a revolution with two opposing sides facing off. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What world do you live in?. There is a huge and still growing backlog in treatment of non-coronavirus cases tests and treatments.

13 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Because some people in three areas can’t go to each other’s houses? Have a word man

When you say more what do you mean? More than what? If there has never been a virus? If we let them catch the virus? 

I never mentioned it in context of people visiting other houses?

My point is that all the focus on Covid is causing more damage than it solves.

jack D and coke
49 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

But they can all leave their houses and meet up in the pub instead? 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
She’s doing my ****ing nut in. 

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You would think that the last place that cancer patients and others with pre existing medical conditions wanted to be at the height of the pandemic was in hospital.

Infinitely preferable to being in a coffin though.

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Greece added to Scotland's quarantine list wef 4am Thurs

My folks flew out to Crete this morning.

The old man will be delighted.

Fortnight on the bevvy followed by a fortnight on the bevvy.

Jammy *******.

24 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not sure why everything is so polarised. I played football yesterday for the first time in almost half a year. Was amazing. Went to the cinema on Sunday. Wore my mask in the cinema as that was the rule. Went to the shop. Didn't wear my mask walking there. Wore it inside as is requested. I'm doing things and going places and following the rules as asked. It's starting to feel a bit more normal outside. I'm finding it easy enough to do things I did previously and follow whatever guidelines are in place. Most folk seem the same. Come onto JKB and you think it's close to a revolution with two opposing sides facing off. 

Exactly, this is the way most people in the real world are living.  I had a game of 5s yesterday and it was brilliant to be out playing football again. 

Think some people need to start trying to have a bit of a life again.

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Greece added to Scotland's quarantine list wef 4am Thurs

It won't effect many people as the summer season is coming to an end and most families will have had their holidays.

The FCO advice hasn't changed yet for Greece, so I would still go if I was booked up

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That wee noddy-head thing she does while she's getting us telt from the pulpit triggers my Mrs to ****.

I've started tuning in more regularly and even flip over to the the nightly Nicola highlights show on the BBC Scotland channel at 9pm.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

But they can all leave their houses and meet up in the pub instead? 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Evidence is showing that it's spreading in homes more than pubs. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Because that is where transmissions

are occurring. If pubs were the source they’d get shutdown. 

We are in a targeted, nuanced stage of control measures, all designed to prevent another lockdown. If we follow the rules we get normality back sooner. 

She's winging it. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It won't effect many people as the summer season is coming to an end and most families will have had their holidays.

The FCO advice hasn't changed yet for Greece, so I would still go if I was booked up

I'd imagine it'll impact thousands. Out of the popular (European) holiday locations, only Greece, Cyprus, Turkey and Portugal currently have an FCO green light. 

I posted this on the Holiday thread but the Scottish Government's actions are likely to create problems with peoples insurance policies if the FCO guidance still permits travel. 

22 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I never mentioned it in context of people visiting other houses?

My point is that all the focus on Covid is causing more damage than it solves.

Just follow the rules 

no excuse not to 

AF1BFC50-7F9C-44E1-A187-F487703C69A2.jpeg

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd imagine it'll impact thousands. Out of the popular (European) holiday locations, only Greece, Cyprus, Turkey and Portugal currently have an FCO green light. 

I posted this on the Holiday thread but the Scottish Government's actions are likely to create problems with peoples insurance policies if the FCO guidance still permits travel. 

Surely insurance polices will be valid until the FCO changes it's advice?

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Just follow the rules 

no excuse not to 

AF1BFC50-7F9C-44E1-A187-F487703C69A2.jpeg

Always good to question something when you don't agree with it. Don't you agree?

16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Infinitely preferable to being in a coffin though.

My folks flew out to Crete this morning.

The old man will be delighted.

Fortnight on the bevvy followed by a fortnight on the bevvy.

Jammy *******.

Hope they have a good time Guv. I'm sure they'll still be tuning in every lunchtime to Naughty Nikki's Head Nodding Clampdown

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surely insurance polices will be valid until the FCO changes it's advice?

From the perspective if someone can no longer travel as it's not feasible for them to quarantine upon return. A lot of airlines are making their decision to fly or not based on FCO guidance. On Thursday (and beyond) if the FCO still deem the Greek Islands ok to travel to, flights from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Greece will still depart. The airline won't be obliged to offer a refund and insurers will not pay out as they'll take a steer from FCO. 

This seems to be a similar problem the Scottish Government created with Spain in July. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hope they have a good time Guv. I'm sure they'll still be tuning in every lunchtime to Naughty Nikki's Head Nodding Clampdown

Greece is still below 20 cases per 100,000 but have been put on the quarantine list because a passenger flew into Glasgow from Zante with covid.

Sturgeon and her motley crew have lost the plot :rofl:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic