• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No it isn't, ya fecking hypocrite. From total shite bag to fecking Gallus. 

Let's see how brave you are, if a real second wave does hit. I was hoping we'd conquered the virus, but I'll take the second wave just see you piss yer pants. 

Wow.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I just keep thinking to myself there must be a real risk that governments are taking the measures they are.Cause no way they want the economy to keep tanking and keep seeing the job losses.

Thats my thought process anyway.

the economy will continue to open up with a few bumps and adjustments that’s the priority - boris can’t come out and say 10000 jobs and livelihoods are worth more than 5000 lives but in the big picture he might actually be proceeding on that basis but can’t be seen to be doing it

sturgeon seems to be trying to save some lives at all costs perhaps partly for perceived political gain - if so that will change when furlough ends

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Earlier on this thread you appeared tho be your own person but recently you seemed to have changed quite a bit.

That’s your perogative.

Best wishes.

I think I am still my " own person" , i wrote a post earlier about my evolution from being a "  shitebag" to being more enlightended...

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s been brainwashed by Enzo Chief and Walter Bishop.

From shitebag to He Man. 

Francis Albert

I think there is legitimate concern about the impact of Covid 19 and the response to.it on the mental health of the nation. Researchers could do.worse than start on this thread.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, ri Alban said:

From shitebag to He Man. 

if i was a " he man" i would be totally reckless...not wearing masks in shops , buses etc , not socially distancing etc..I still do both, just more able to assess the risks and make an informed , intelligent decision to live my life.  Whats wrong with that? 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I think there is legitimate concern about the impact of Covid 19 and the response to.it on the mental health of the nation. Researchers could do.worse than start on this thread.

🤣🤣👍

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Im basically getting ripped apart on this by some  because my mental health has improved.... Bizarre 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Presumably you’d only want that second wave to affect England?

Following the lead of the great leader it doesn't matter as long as it affects Scotland a wee bit less than England.

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Lots of job losses and store closure announced today in the UK.My brother has just been made redundant from his job at Edinburgh Airport after 20 years service. Its going to keep happening and governments have no real idea how to deal with it as i said dammed if they do dammed if they dont.

Reality is starting to bite for a lot of folk jist how shit things are.

That's really crap mate, sorry for your brother.

Miss JJ is currently sitting hoping she doesn't get an email from Easyjet, because if she does it means that she's on the short list for redundancy, they started to hear at 5pm this evening, several of her friends have had the dreaded email, but she thus far hasn't heard anything, it is literally no news is good news at this moment in time.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Hopefully, your daughter job is safe👍 Can’t be easy for her or people in this position right now.

When all this shit is over for good, there won't be enough planes to take everyone who wants to travel abroad.

The aviation industry should bounce back fairly quickly.

Edited by Nucky Thompson

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Don’t think its that. It’s more your ‘perceived’ criticism of the SNP that caused the subsequent hyperbolic pile on. Your mental health just became fair game from those civic nationalists you triggered.🤷🏻‍♂️

I think so,  yet would you   believe I support Independence and will support it again ! I just don't follow blindly every policy of the SNP like some do. I have been critical of many of their policies , in no particular order :

*  when they attempted to get rid of the " Not proven " verdict" 

*  when they attempted to get rid of " corroboration " evidence for criminal cases

* the failed " Named person" fiasco

* the    infantilization "  of " children changing the legal age of " children from 16 to 18 in some areas

*  "          "           policy of supporting ex care leavers up until 25 ( some good aspects to it but tends to promote dependence from an  already dependent group of people )

Other that than issues Im fine with Nicola et al  :) 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Miss JJ is currently sitting hoping she doesn't get an email from Easyjet, because if she does it means that she's on the short list for redundancy, they started to hear at 5pm this evening, several of her friends have had the dreaded email, but she thus far hasn't heard anything, it is literally no news is good news at this moment in time.

and Virgin are now making redundancies too. Sad times. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

and Virgin are now making redundancies too. Sad times. 

Pleading poverty as well.

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No it isn't, ya fecking hypocrite. From total shite bag to fecking Gallus. 

Let's see how brave you are, if a real second wave does hit. I was hoping we'd conquered the virus, but I'll take the second wave just see you piss yer pants. 

:lol:

Yer losing the plot ya big calved whanker.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Weakened Offender
29 minutes ago, weehammy said:

‘The UK Government’s Prime Minister’?
Simpler just to say ‘The Prime Minister’. We’d all know who you meant.

PS: I hear Dominic Cummings and a bunch of Tory barstewards went en masse to that Aberdeen boozer just to screw up the blessed Nicola’s plans.

On a par with your usual utter drivel. 🙂

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Pleading poverty as well.

True he needs to take a one way flight to outer Mongolia and take Tim Martin with him

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Its hardly re-writing history for goodness sake.   There is no need to be so dramatic.  The point I made was that party politics were put aside at the start (for a greater good) and that was refreshing.  

Any evidence at all that this actually happened? 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

True he needs to take a one way flight to outer Mongolia and take Tim Martin with him

Sadly it’s the workforce that suffers.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sadly it’s the workforce that suffers.

Yes my friend has now lost her job as Air hostess She's in her mid 50s

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes my friend has now lost her job as Air hostess She's in her mid 50s

Who was she with?

18 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Any evidence at all that this actually happened? 

Just my take on matters.

You may disagree. You are free to do so.

The Canaries want tourists.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Canaries-signs-travel-insurance-agreement

The Government of the Canary Islands has signed an insurance policy by which it becomes the first Spanish community that guarantees tourists that they will have all expenses covered derived from a coronavirus incident, ie, repatriation, medical expenses and their stay in quarantine on the island.

The policy covers both Spanish tourists (including island tourists) and foreigners, on the condition that the traveller didn’t know prior to travelling that they had contracted Covid-19, the Ministry of Tourism said in a statement.

The agreement has been signed by the regional Minister of Tourism, Yaiza Castilla, on behalf of the public company Promotur Turismo de Islas Canarias, and AXA Seguros, represented by the director of the Canarias, Auxiliadora Expósito.

Castilla said that, by signing this policy, "the Canary Islands are making further progress in their commitment to strengthen and increase the safety and piece of mind of tourists."

In her point of view, this travel assistance insurance constitutes "one more attraction of the destination, which already stands out for its health security, before those people who are currently deciding where to spend their holidays."

As a result of this agreement, the insurer AXA will make an exclusive telephone hotline available to the Canary Islands Government, to attend to any circumstance related to this policy.

The protection of tourists through this insurance is effective from this week and will initially be valid for 12 months, excluding the circumstances known before the start of the trip and under the conditions set by the policy, the Ministry specifies.

With this policy, she remarked, tourists "will be guaranteed travel assistance coverage by Covid-19, with medical expenses, health repatriation and extended quarantine stay."

Rodger Mellie
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The Canaries want tourists.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Canaries-signs-travel-insurance-agreement

The Government of the Canary Islands has signed an insurance policy by which it becomes the first Spanish community that guarantees tourists that they will have all expenses covered derived from a coronavirus incident, ie, repatriation, medical expenses and their stay in quarantine on the island.

The policy covers both Spanish tourists (including island tourists) and foreigners, on the condition that the traveller didn’t know prior to travelling that they had contracted Covid-19, the Ministry of Tourism said in a statement.

The agreement has been signed by the regional Minister of Tourism, Yaiza Castilla, on behalf of the public company Promotur Turismo de Islas Canarias, and AXA Seguros, represented by the director of the Canarias, Auxiliadora Expósito.

Castilla said that, by signing this policy, "the Canary Islands are making further progress in their commitment to strengthen and increase the safety and piece of mind of tourists."

In her point of view, this travel assistance insurance constitutes "one more attraction of the destination, which already stands out for its health security, before those people who are currently deciding where to spend their holidays."

As a result of this agreement, the insurer AXA will make an exclusive telephone hotline available to the Canary Islands Government, to attend to any circumstance related to this policy.

The protection of tourists through this insurance is effective from this week and will initially be valid for 12 months, excluding the circumstances known before the start of the trip and under the conditions set by the policy, the Ministry specifies.

With this policy, she remarked, tourists "will be guaranteed travel assistance coverage by Covid-19, with medical expenses, health repatriation and extended quarantine stay."

Good info, my folks will be pleased. They live in in Lanzarote for most of the year and this will help put their mind at ease a little.

Just now, jonesy said:

People who willingly change and acknowledge that fact make those who dig in early feel a bit foolish. 

It sounds like he's simply following the current guidelines, which is all anyone asks. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Great gesture by the Canaries. I'm going to Lanzarote in February so all good

we are going to Tenerife in October. Renewed our travel insurance today and we are cover through that as well. Fortunately we booked when travel ban was lifted. Lets hope Easyjet are still flying then🙏

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

People who willingly change and acknowledge that fact make those who dig in early feel a bit foolish. 

Yes 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Virgin

Not good.

Looking like Miss JJ is ok, for now, but who knows what's down the line.

I can respect someone who is brave enough to admit they have changed their opinion or views, same as someone who can admit they were wrong.

Respect. 👍

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Im basically getting ripped apart on this by some  because my mental health has improved.... Bizarre 

And yet you call those with genuine concerns about rising infection numbers (and inevitably increased morbidity and mortality) “pant wetters” and “drama queens”?

Pretty poor show IMHO.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Hopefully she doesnt hear anything mate but if she does hoping its good.

The Internet
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

:lol: indeed. 

36 minutes ago, FWJ said:

And yet you call those with genuine concerns about rising infection numbers (and inevitably increased morbidity and mortality) “pant wetters” and “drama queens”?

Pretty poor show IMHO.

You're way off mark mate. James responded to the lockdown in Aberdeen with a certain amount of cynicism along with empathy for the workers who would suffer. Immediately the usual suspect stepped up to say he was the most ignorant person on the planet and that such idiotic views would result in mass infection rates and deaths. Then two others unearthed a quote from James from two months ago, when he clearly wasn't in a great place mentally, and started high fiving and shouting boom like the bullies we now know them to be. To cap it all, out resident Rob Roy jumped in with some shite about hoping the second wave was coming so James would catch the virus. This place was a disgrace today but accusing someone of being a drama queen was way down the list of poor behaviour. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

You're way off mark mate. James responded to the lockdown in Aberdeen with a certain amount of cynicism along with empathy for the workers who would suffer. Immediately the usual suspect stepped up to say he was the most ignorant person on the planet and that such idiotic views would result in mass infection rates and deaths. Then two others unearthed a quote from James from two months ago, when he clearly wasn't in a great place mentally, and started high fiving and shouting boom like the bullies we now know them to be. To cap it all, out resident Rob Roy jumped in with some shite about hoping the second wave was coming so James would catch the virus. This place was a disgrace today but accusing someone of being a drama queen was way down the list of poor behaviour. 

Perfectly summarised .  Thank you.  

Jambo-Jimbo
25 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Hopefully she doesnt hear anything mate but if she does hoping its good.

No news was good news, and she's heard nothing, so looking good, so far, others though haven't been so fortunate.

9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

So calling people bed-wetters and drama queens isn't bullying behaviour but people unearthing quotes is. Cool. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So calling people bed-wetters and drama queens isn't bullying behaviour but people unearthing quotes is. Cool. 

I do regret using those terms as I never usually resort to comments like that .  I was only responding like for like i.  I sank to some posters very low levels.   I'm sure the snoopers on this will be able to confirm i've never used language like that before.  However its fairly mild comments compared to getting called a  "shite bag " etc . Over and out....

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Great gesture by the Canaries. I'm going to Lanzarote in February so all good

Canaries are perfect January /February. 😎

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more bullying behaviour imo.

Shut it chicken legs!

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more bullying behaviour imo.

You wanting a slap :vangry:

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I think your mental health has deteriorated. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think your mental health has deteriorated. 

Ok Dr Melfi 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Perfectly summarised .  Thank you.  

He's wrong though. I'm not a "bully" but you deserved to be called out for calling people pantwetters when yours were soaking for months.

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Series 1-3, sexiest thing on the Roger Mellie. 😍

Dr Melfi : “ it’s been a long odydessy with your mother  “ ?        Tony :  “ Yes the last 5000 years have flew past “ !                       👍👍👍

Lone Striker

Back on topic ... did anyone else see the BBC documentary "Surviving the Virus" tonight about the real front line of ICU staff treating COVID patients ?    It was a stark picture of incredibly ill people, half of whom end up dying. Even the survivors developed lots of unexpected health issues around lungs, kidneys, brain, heart (some suffer strokes) - all of which are still not understood by medical researchers.     So, when most of us just look at the headline detected infections stats (and fatalities) which until recently had fallen to relatively low levels, the range of disabling repercussions which folk can suffer from for many years afterwards is quite worrying.

Dafties won't care though - they're immune ..... apparently,

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic