Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Can't see England being restricted for a minute while Scotland are up and running. 

Your wee spot in England is pretty restricted at this present time. 😃

Edited by Savage Vince

Adam_the_legend
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not going to a football match, makes you mentally ill. And the Darts are in England, we'll see very soon what that costs them in the new year. Probably restrictions til March, while we're back up and running.

Or they are actually following “the science” and responding accordingly. We are dealing with a milder variant and highly vaccinated population, all the evidence points to sturgeon and drakeford completely overreacting with these restrictions. More positive news coming from Englands hospitals:

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Can't see England being restricted for a minute while Scotland are up and running. 

No, not a chance. 

Sturgeon will jump on the gravy train again to introduce needless restrictions. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Your wee spot in England is pretty restricted at this present time. 😃

Aye, because it got hit by a mini hurricane :hae36:

Aw naw, we cannae dae what the English are daein. 😭 

:yadayada: Sturgeon, SNP.  How dare you have a lower death rate and no let us get Ill. We demand to let us spread this before the booster kicks in. We want 13,000 deaths , now. The English have 130,000. We demand the same. :yadayada: 

Adam_the_legend

Covid deaths have continued to drop like a stone, even allowing for lag it’s clear that high cases is not a reason in of itself to panic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.737124e150581942059332707ef06892.jpeg

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Covid deaths have continued to drop like a stone, even allowing for lag it’s clear that high cases is not a reason in of itself to panic. 

While I tend to agree with your point, I’m also thinking we are in this now and we can’t change it, might as well see where it takes us and hope the graph keeps looking good. 

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aw naw, we cannae dae what the English are daein. 😭 

:yadayada: Sturgeon, SNP.  How dare you have a lower death rate and no let us get Ill. We demand to let us spread this before the booster kicks in. We want 13,000 deaths , now. The English have 130,000. We demand the same. :yadayada: 

Naw we cannae do what the English are daein.

If that means unnecessary restrictions it just shows we care more.

**** mental health though. 

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

While I tend to agree with your point, I’m also thinking we are in this now and we can’t change it, might as well see where it takes us and hope the graph keeps looking good. 

Tell that to all the businesses that go under due the the policies. How many people are jobless, or will be, due to these policies? How many forced into poverty due these policies? How many children in poverty as their parents are now unemployed? These considerations are not given enough balance by NS imo, though I’m sure she’ll find a way to blame Westminster. 

Footballfirst

There is actually one piece of good news in the UK's record 183k cases.

The 7 day average for cases in London is actually down on the last few days (22,044). Indeed cases there have been pretty flat since 22nd December (22,009) which followed two weeks of rising numbers.  If the rest of the UK follows suit then we may get away with another week of rises before it starts to plateau.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The 7 day average for cases in London is actually down on the last few days (22,044). Indeed cases there have been pretty flat since 22nd December (22,009) which followed two weeks of rising numbers.  If the rest of the UK follows suit then we may get away with another week of rises before it starts to plateau.

What caused the lag in reporting from NI, any idea?

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Amazing! It's almost like (gasp!) it is following the same trend Gauteng province in South Africa experienced.

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Tell that to all the businesses that go under due the the policies. How many people are jobless, or will be, due to these policies? How many forced into poverty due these policies? How many children in poverty as their parents are now unemployed? These considerations are not given enough balance by NS imo, though I’m sure she’ll find a way to blame Westminster. 

There are many Government policies that have caused all of the harms you list above over countless years and I couldn’t do much to change them either. 

I am certain that my solution to your problems above would not meet with your agreement either. 

I don’t agree with the current restrictions any less than you do, but I can see why they think they are necessary. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No idea, but IT reporting issues seem commonplace throughout the UK.  It may just take one large Health Board, e.g. Greater Glasgow or Edinburgh to have an issue with their data feeds that delays the publication of national figures.

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It was delayed by the traditional festive rioting season, big Christmas tradition in NI. 

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There are many Government policies that have caused all of the harms you list above over countless years and I couldn’t do much to change them either. 

I am certain that my solution to your problems above would not meet with your agreement either. 

I don’t agree with the current restrictions any less than you do, but I can see why they think they are necessary. 

Fair enough but I can’t. 

Anyone seen any data from South Africa regarding the amount of residual Delta in their figures and a comparison to their Delta pre-Omicron?  By my reckoning Scotland has about the same volume of Delta in the daily totals that existed before Omicron (approx 3,000).  

The W.H.O. has begun talking about the two as two separate entities and we could rather do without Delta going back on the road on a reunion tour.

Edited by Victorian

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No idea, but IT reporting issues seem commonplace throughout the UK.  It may just take one large Health Board, e.g. Greater Glasgow or Edinburgh to have an issue with their data feeds that delays the publication of national figures.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It was delayed by the traditional festive rioting season, big Christmas tradition in NI. 

Cheers. Option 2 sounds more exciting!

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Anyone seen any data from South Africa regarding the amount of residual Delta in their figures and a comparison to their Delta pre-Omicron?  By my reckoning Scotland has about the same volume of Delta in the daily totals that existed before Omicron (approx 3,000).  

The W.H.O. has begun talking about the two as two separate entities and we could rather do without Delta going back on the road on a reunion tour.

Small study out of SA indicates this might not be an issue. More research required but interesting nonetheless. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/safrica-study-suggests-omicron-enhances-neutralizing-immunity-against-delta-2021-12-28/

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The single day figures for S gene dropout would suggest around 3000 delta cases, but in the days leading up to Christmas the delta number had dropped to around 1,700.  There could still be an active cluster of delta cases but it will probably be better to see how the numbers go over the next couple of days to see if there are any trends.

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Small study out of SA indicates this might not be an issue. More research required but interesting nonetheless. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/safrica-study-suggests-omicron-enhances-neutralizing-immunity-against-delta-2021-12-28/

That would help.  But I still think it will be safer if it's practically eliminated.  Two and then maybe more than two co-existing variants probably isn't the best.  

Omicron in an' oot an' Delta oot.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The single day figures for S gene dropout would suggest around 3000 delta cases, but in the days leading up to Christmas the delta number had dropped to around 1,700.  There could still be an active cluster of delta cases but it will probably be better to see how the numbers go over the next couple of days to see if there are any trends.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, kila said:

Sounds like your kind of night, especially if they were Tories :whistling:

I like a bit of a rough dear...Tory Toffs  arent my cup of tea....or Labour Toffs or any Toffs really......

image-23-10-21-06-58-8.gif

Shoot me down if required, aren't restrictions not only about deaths and hospitalisations, but also about keeping services running. Making sure we have enough people to keep services running. I work in an essential service and we were pretty near bursting point a while back with 40 percent of staff isolating or off with COVID. Most returned positive tests. Myself included.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Glad to hear that. I hope you can shift it soon. I recommend numerous Hot Toddies. :)

Cheers. Ill bypass hot toddies . I dont like whiskey...:) 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Any nationality is welcome in the clubs here. One might say we've "left the light on" for the rest of the Union who still want a life.

Yes some lovely comments on FB and Twitter welcoming the " jocks" some sanctuary from Nippoleans little land. 

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I see all the SNP cucks are malding right now.

So what's the science behind keeping the darts crowds unrestricted and not football?

Why can't i sit at Almondvale stadium to watch something in the fresh air but can saunter through the Almondvale shopping centre enclosed maskless and in the vicinity of people eating with no restrictions? 

Stasi Sturgeon is full of shite she only picks what fits her narrative, playing politics with peoples mental health. Can tell she has no kids!

Think she has it in for football for some reason. Maybe too many people enjoying themselves?  

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Apart from going to the fitba 

or nightclubs and the dancing. I had just started to boogie again....

45 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

43 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

They can change it tomorrow but shes pig headed and stubborn and boxed herself into a hole with the route she has went down the last few weeks. I would have given her some respect if she changed tact but she wont. 

37 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Exactly. I honestly dont think people see the holistic damage that restrictions and lockdowns are doing to the vast majority of people. It seems to be an " I'm allright jack" mentality. 

29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Amazing! It's almost like (gasp!) it is following the same trend Gauteng province in South Africa experienced.

I know. 

image-23-10-21-11-03-3.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

But this is Scotland and we don't follow anywhere or anyone; trends in South Africa and London, so what. Jason Leitch thinks that we will not peak here until late January/early February despite being one of the first areas in the UK to have cases.   

17 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Shoot me down if required, aren't restrictions not only about deaths and hospitalisations, but also about keeping services running. Making sure we have enough people to keep services running. I work in an essential service and we were pretty near bursting point a while back with 40 percent of staff isolating or off with COVID. Most returned positive tests. Myself included.

your right of course. I’m also classified as a key worker although not NHS . I’m isolating and negative, but as long as lateral flows are ok I can go out and work but have to come straight home etc etc. 

Think that’s what the NHS staff are doing as well.  So she has changed that as of course she can. 
positives of course mean no go which is right naturally but  the whole isolating if negative for 10 days is absurd.  

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

your right of course. I’m also classified as a key worker although not NHS . I’m isolating and negative, but as long as lateral flows are ok I can go out and work but have to come straight home etc etc. 

Think that’s what the NHS staff are doing as well.  So she has changed that as of course she can. 
positives of course mean no go which is right naturally but  the whole isolating if negative for 10 days is absurd.  

Not so sure, I caught it from someone who had negative lfts for four days. He was sent home on fifth day and tested positive that night. I had worked with him for two days. He was contagious whilst testing negative as was I. 

16 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Not so sure, I caught it from someone who had negative lfts for four days. He was sent home on fifth day and tested positive that night. I had worked with him for two days. He was contagious whilst testing negative as was I. 

this is what the problem is with LFTs.  They are unreliable. My daughter was negative on them but then positive with PCR when the cough was going.  But the SG will know this but have no choice but to go with the LFs.  
so I am LF every day in isolation knowing that there’s every chance I may have it but no symptoms. But am able to go out and work as a key worker. 
It’s all a mess and I know I’m vocal about it but just so exasperated by the utter confusion and mixed messages.  I do apologise if any of my posts appear out of order but just so sick of all this.  Everybody has views and we must respect them all. Crap times when everyone’s at odds about it.

19 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Outbreak at my work. I was Ill (slightly achy and a raised temp) from 23rd PCR the day before didn’t pick anything up. Spent Christmas on my Tod, I was well enough but convinced I had Covid. Felt fine by the 27th and no LFT’s had come back positive(doing 3/4 a day) 10pm on the 27th I had a positive LFT result. PCR from 27th came back positive today. Cough only started 28th and lost sense of taste today. 

Absolute shitter of an Xmas/new year but glad I’ve not infected the fam. 

The White Cockade
19 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

If science can't be questioned it's not science, it's propaganda!

That is one of the main copy and paste phrases the tin hatters use

no ‘free thinking’ just regurgitating the same stuff over and over from tin hat central

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

😣

As bad as the posts who claim covid is fake.

Slow down stop pining for bad news ffs.

😂

Take another look.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Perhaps we should not try too hard to suppress the now dominant but much milder strain? And thus not encourage a possible revival tour of Delta?

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

That is one of the main copy and paste phrases the tin hatters use

no ‘free thinking’ just regurgitating the same stuff over and over from tin hat central

Science is fundamentally about challenging hypotheses. If a scientist says something  could or might or may happen then science absolutely has to challenge that. If you reject that principle you are the tin hatter.

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Calm doon Red :biggrin2: 

It's aimed at Macron and his cronies for playing politics with the virus.

Are you telling me that he didn't know what was coming before banning Brits?

So, he was correct to ban travel then - they certainly didn't want to import more cases did they?

4 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I see all the SNP cucks are malding right now.

So what's the science behind keeping the darts crowds unrestricted and not football?

Why can't i sit at Almondvale stadium to watch something in the fresh air but can saunter through the Almondvale shopping centre enclosed maskless and in the vicinity of people eating with no restrictions? 

Stasi Sturgeon is full of shite she only picks what fits her narrative, playing politics with peoples mental health. Can tell she has no kids!

"Cucks". "Stasi Sturgeon". I can see you have a very unoriginal line of patter. 🙄

The no kids jibe was unnecessary. 

3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Whilst I'm good at extrapolation from incomplete data, that's just a picture of some squiggly lines if you don't share the legends.  🙄

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

When you see it ...

Breaking news #COVID19 cases in English hospitals jump by 900 in 24 hours! Are we in denial?

Awesome name for a Professor. :laugh:

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And we cross live to JKB.......

68625-funny-crying-baby-snot-bubble.jpg

It’s almost funny man. They’ll go on about tag teams on anything even resembling indy threads yet theyre relentless in here all backing each other up with how terrible everything is:lol: absolutely ****ing relentless. 
It’s an exhausting read this thread and I only have a look now and again.
It proper stresses me out. 

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s almost funny man. They’ll go on about tag teams on anything even resembling indy threads yet theyre relentless in here all backing each other up with how terrible everything is:lol: absolutely ****ing relentless. 
It’s an exhausting read this thread and I only have a look now and again.
It proper stresses me out. 

I love it. 

It starts in the morning generally when one of them finds something utterly irrelevant yet supportive of their particular line of halfwittery. By lunchtime the portal of nonsense is open and the boys are starting to get a bit of a lather on. Come the evening they're in full flow and every post outdoes the last in jaw dropping fuddery and by bedtime they've got to the vinegar strokes of their own stupidity. 

It's a classic example of group think, but without the thinking. 

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

Our Health Secretary last night. 

Oh ma sides 

the snp are a complete  feckin hopeless embarrassment to Scotland 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Hospital hubs to be set up in England to increase capacity by about 4000. They hope they are never used but preparation is being made to provide increased capacity’s. 

:interehjrling:

SectionDJambo
22 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh ma sides 

the snp are a complete  feckin hopeless embarrassment to Scotland 

In other words, you don’t need to know why we are imposing restrictions on you going to work, to earn for your family, or going about your lives as you would normally do whilst taking personal choices and precautions.

Why won’t they publish any data that shows where Omicron is being transmitted so that we can make our own choices about where we go? Why won’t they tell us how many people are seriously ill, exclusively with Omicron? 
They told us to get vaccinated then boosted, which me and my family have done, so that we could live normal lives again, albeit still wearing face coverings in some situations and keeping up personal hygiene.

I can understand how some people, young people in particular, are getting a bit fed up and suspicious of not being told the full facts and thinking that they’re just being messed around by a controlling authority who appear to think that we should all just blindly believe their spin and “tsunami” talk.

Maybe the SG are doing this right, but why don’t they back up their approach with definitive data being publicly available?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Australia just cut the self-isolation period to 7 days today and redefined close contact rules as PCR testing is overwhelmed.

Maybe someone should tell Sturgeon 10 days is looking a tad excessive?

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Our Health Secretary last night. 

And there are people on here who would back that sort of performance up. Well done the journalist for asking some good questions for a change, he'll no doubt be getting a call today and told to get back in line. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )