Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Gather all the company’s employees together in one place while there’s a highly transmissive variant kicking about. Excellent logic 👍🏻

But, but, there's only 150 dying each day and the hospitals aren't full. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

There has been a paper published today that shows the data, I linked to it earlier. 

I wouldn't call that slide show empirical. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Only household contacts , other close contacts can now leave isolation with a negative test, if vaccinated. 

Wasn’t aware of that, cheers👍🏻 Given the transmissibility of this variant it sounds like if you’re a close contact you’re more likely than not to get it anyway.

There are only 10 people in the Royal at the moment with Covid. Seems like they are panicking a bit...Sturgeon seems to like leading in the knowledge that Boris will probably be forced to follow as SAGE are hyper-cautious after being utterly remiss in Feb2020

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Ok James. Let's just say you are in charge of the current situation, what would you do, what would be your instructions policy ect. Now we all know what you would not do that is clear. Just curious to read your thoughts on how you would handle it.

7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Some folk just don’t get that there is economic reasoning behind the Christmas party advice as well as medical reasoning. Maybe if they tried listening to her and thinking for themselves rather than just going by what social media tells them to think. 

:awful:

Balls 🏀 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Things quiet over at Deliveroo ? 

I wouldn’t slag anyones job . Seriously it’s not a good look . 

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But, but, there's only 150 dying each day and the hospitals aren't full. 

Yeah 450 dying of cancer each day ! But hey who cares really 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I wouldn’t slag anyones job . Seriously it’s not a good look . 

You constantly slag everyone for everything 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, micole said:

Ok James. Let's just say you are in charge of the current situation, what would you do, what would be your instructions policy ect. Now we all know what you would not do that is clear. Just curious to read your thoughts on how you would handle it.

I’m not in charge so a completely irrelevant question . 

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

He’d never get anything delivered with all the u-turns! 😂

He'd start chatting to someone on the way and end up at the wrong house with the wrong thing , chuntering about lockdown disruption and his crash helmet steaming up cos his damn mask and Sturgeon & Boris... . 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Dennis Denuto
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wouldn't call that slide show empirical. 

Why not it is the actual data for Omicron in Scotland, hard to get more empirical than that. It is also what todays announcement was based on.

BTW an announcement that had only one new thing in it which was more of an easing of restrictions regarding Isolating

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You constantly slag everyone for everything 😂😂😂

Not their perceived occupations . That’s just vile really . It’s very judgmental and tacky 

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

James you're becoming more and more like a conspiracy theorist every day.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He'd start chatting to someone on the way and end up at the wrong house with the wrong thing , chuntering about lockdown disruption and his crash helmet steaming up cos his damn mask and Sturgeon & Boris... . 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

He can’t go to a pub or restaurant without sitting constantly posting on kickback. Surprised he manages to hold a job down!

Dennis Denuto

Not their perceived occupations . That’s just vile really . It’s very judgmental and tacky 

Are you sure about that James?? Be a shame if one of your old posts was used to make you foolish again

What about slagging someone for trying to raise awareness of domestic abuse? Would you class that as vile? How about tacky? :whistling:

Hypothetical question, but never mind I suppose It's ok to criticise but I thought at least you would have a view or opinion on how you would tackle it.

Rupert Pupkin
32 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Gather all the company’s employees together in one place while there’s a highly transmissive variant kicking about. Excellent logic 👍🏻

There is 3 of us in my small painting & decorating firm.. Going for a curry and a few beers.. I’m sure we’ll be fine.. 
Overreacting much..? 

3 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

There is 3 of us in my small painting & decorating firm.. Going for a curry and a few beers.. I’m sure we’ll be fine.. 
Overreacting much..? 

Hope you will be fine 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

James you're becoming more and more like a conspiracy theorist every day.

In What way ? Enlighten me please ? 

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

What about slagging someone for trying to raise awareness of domestic abuse? Would you class that as vile? How about tacky? :whistling:

Yes cause you present yourself as some sage about that issue with your  patronising and condescending responses to people who have made comments on this issue . 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Get a grip. 

Of what ? 

2 minutes ago, micole said:

Hypothetical question, but never mind I suppose It's ok to criticise but I thought at least you would have a view or opinion on how you would tackle it.

Ok I’d advise people that there is a virus out there which you have 99.9 % to Almost 100 💯 chance of surviving but just in case take precautions such as mask wearing in small confined spaces like buses and regularly wash your hands . Even though the jury is out regarding mask efficacy . However  we should all remember that we only have one life so it’s to be enjoyed so go out enjoy yourself but be “ cautious” sitting in the house curtain twitching is bad for one’s physical as well as mental health . So in the words of Wayne’s world “ party on dude “ 

1 minute ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Overreacting much..? 

Oh he certainly is . He’s taken over my coveted role as the drama queen 

Working in hospitality, I'm delighted at this. Christmas parties are a ****ing nightmare, full of amateur drinkers with no idea of how to act in a bar. 

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

James is absolutely in his element. Great opportunity to get that post count for the thread up to 7000.

Is it at that already ? Jesus only 3000 more to go to the magical 10,000 surely I’ll get some prize ? 

Just now, Norm said:

Working in hospitality, I'm delighted at this. Christmas parties are a ****ing nightmare, full of amateur drinkers with no idea of how to act in a bar. 

So your happy that your income will be depleted?  Strange ! 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Even Jackie Bailie, who despises Sturgeon, couldn’t find fault in her today. The feather-spitters on kickback though… :facepalm: 

Oh come on it’s bloody Labour ! What do u expect from that mob 

Yes cause you present yourself as some sage about that issue with your  patronising and condescending responses to people who have made comments on this issue . 

Glad you agree it was tacky 👍🏻

So your happy that your income will be depleted?  Strange ! 

My income will not change in the slightest. The CEO might have to cancel his yacht purchase but I'll be fine. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is it at that already ? Jesus only 3000 more to go to the magical 10,000 surely I’ll get some prize ? 

A certificate signed by the First Minister.

Ok I’d advise people that there is a virus out there which you have 99.9 % to Almost 100 💯 chance of surviving but just in case take precautions such as mask wearing in small confined spaces like buses and regularly wash your hands . Even though the jury is out regarding mask efficacy . However  we should all remember that we only have one life so it’s to be enjoyed so go out enjoy yourself but be “ cautious” sitting in the house curtain twitching is bad for one’s physical as well as mental health . So in the words of Wayne’s world “ party on dude “ 

That’s your solution to the health impacts.

What’s your solution to the employment impacts?Inevitable staff shortages in key sectors which are already starting in hospitals and transport?

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Vic will be along to give you a right telling off for that.

:interehjrling:

Well , it'll make a change from M48 spamming up the board. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

That’s your solution to the health impacts.

What’s your solution to the employment impacts?Inevitable staff shortages in key sectors which are already starting in hospitals and transport?

What are yours? 

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The "R Number" for your posts certainly seems to go up in line with rising case numbers and NS TV appearances, so it looks like you might hit 10k sooner than you think.

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What are yours? 

Stop the staff all getting together for a Christmas night out would be fairly high on my list 👍🏻

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Stop the staff all getting together for a Christmas night out would be fairly high on my list 👍🏻

Hi Elsie. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You asked, I answered. 👍🏻

What’s your plan to tackle the impact on staffing?

What impact? 

54 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Are you sure about that James?? Be a shame if one of your old posts was used to make you foolish again

Like the one last night where he called people who approved of and followed the regulations ‘morons’ and ‘half wits’?

But yes, reminding him of previous posts - some only a couple of days old - is ‘tragic behaviour’.

Not at all judgemental.

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What impact? 

A highly transmissible variant with an R number between 2-3 leading to lots of employees self-isolating. There’s already an A&E dept toiling after a load of the staff caught it on a night out.

What’s your plan?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic