Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

That was said through gritted teeth

She’s always say things through gritted teeth . It’s her default position. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not At all dear . I can’t stand her whines twang so just read up later . No tears or snotters here at all . I will continue as I have before . Judging bf other social media comments the advice is getting a massive thumbs down 

8F2ACE7E-CD12-482F-BACA-4E424034221B.gif

By not bf ! 

Poor choice of words really 

Tsunami of cases coming she said. 
For the people with anxiety problems saying Tsunami will only make them worse 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

13% of yesterday's case total multiplied by a 2.5 day doubling rate gets close to 2m in 4 weeks.

I suggest people get stocked up for scran and,  of course,  bog roll.

Dearie me ! Even by your standards 

07AB7229-16F7-4B9C-A17A-2405E9C713D5.gif

Just now, theshed said:

It’s deliberate . 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol what does that even mean ? What was the context ? I didn’t watch it hence asking 

It might replace the R number with a term to make you scared but not 100% as had to switch it off, couldn't take any more.

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

New isolation rules

Ms Sturgeon outlines new rules around self-isolating. 

She says given that Omicron is becoming dominant, the rules must change. 

From tomorrow, the advice is that all household contacts of any confirmed Covid case should isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccination status - even if they initially get a negative PCR test. 

Ms Sturgeon says this is essential to ease transmission. 

However, some exemptions will be made for critical services. 

Non-household contacts should isolate pending a PCR result. If it is negative, they can leave isolation at this point as long as they are double vaccinated. 

That's half my work going to be off over the festive period probably 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Dearie me ! Even by your standards 

07AB7229-16F7-4B9C-A17A-2405E9C713D5.gif

We could see a record number of cases in Scotland by the middle of next week, we don't have to wait too long to see the effect, if it happens........

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

It might replace the R number with a term to make you scared but not 100% as had to switch it off, couldn't take any more.

I admire you for even attempting to listen to her 

4 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

We could see a record number of cases in Scotland by the middle of next week, we don't have to wait too long to see the effect, if it happens........

Cases ! You mean infections of a mild variant ? 

Edited by JamesM48

6 minutes ago, theshed said:

Spot on, I'm going to take time out from MSM 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, theshed said:

That's half my work going to be off over the festive period probably 

That's actually an easing of restrictions really as you only have to isolate if it is in your household, if you are just a close contact you can leave isolation with a negative test.  that was not the case for Omicron until today and by next week it will be the only show in town anyway.

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Cases ! You mean infections of a muck variant ? 

Cases has been the term used for +ve tests since the beginning of the Pandemic......

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Cases has been the term used for +ve tests since the beginning of the Pandemic......

But the clinical term is actually infections . Cases sounds more ominous though 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The only certainties at the moment are these:

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely nothing to worry about is talking shite.

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely going to be catastrophic is equally talking shite.

Sensible posts are not allowed on here. This thread is for mass panic and snotters only, ironically from the posters accusing others of panicking

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The only certainties at the moment are these:

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely nothing to worry about is talking shite.

Anyone who is claiming this is definitely going to be catastrophic is equally talking shite.

And yet politicians are rushing to add more restrictions on us. Hmmmm

Dennis Reynolds

That random folk on twitter causing unnecessary panic aye? 🙄

Ingilston is absolutely rammed. Which is obviously good news but ffs the organisation is terrible. A lot of people questioning why the had to book specific appointments to then have to stand about for two hours.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

You're getting tiresome James.  A pantwetter.

My pants are very dry ! You seem to be panicking I feel . Try being positive it really helps . No use worrying abut things which may not happen. Live in the present.  Meditation 🧘‍♀️ may be of benefit? Have a good day and weekend . 

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

I thought it was clear Sturgeon wants a lockdown but can't without Westminster support. 

Seemed like that to me also.

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sensible posts are not allowed on here. This thread is for mass panic and snotters only, ironically from the posters accusing others of panicking

Yup.

It sounds to me the SG are currently relying on people using their common sense.  Oh dear.

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

I thought it was clear Sturgeon wants a lockdown but can't without Westminster support. 

It wouldn’t surprise me that she will just have one without any furlough support . This will ofcourse be designed to cause rancour re Westminster from Scottish voters . She’s that devious . A Vicky Pollard Eva Peron 

Seymour M Hersh
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You may be correct. I will re-listen to the briefing later.

If the projected proportion of Omicron cases is accurate, then Delta will have all but disappeared within the next couple of weeks.

Surely your life cannot be that ****ing sad? 

I am not sure she was clear about how long you need to isolate if you have been a close contact of someone with Omicron ?

Before that press conference it was ten 10 days no matter what but never really mentioned it there so would assume the same as England and you just need to do a PCR each day.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not as sad as those who didn't listen yet feel able to comment on what was/wasn't said, but are just going to ignore any advice regardless.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Not as sad as those who didn't listen yet feel able to comment on what was/wasn't said, but are just going to ignore any advice regardless.

Nope, sorry, rewatching Elsie spout her shite is a lot sadder. Not even a debate. 

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ouche ! 

5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I am not sure she was clear about how long you need to isolate if you have been a close contact of someone with Omicron ?

Before that press conference it was ten 10 days no matter what but never really mentioned it there so would assume the same as England and you just need to do a PCR each day.

It’s ok she wasn’t clear either as she only got the script this morning ! 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nope, sorry, rewatching Elsie spout her shite is a lot sadder. Not even a debate. 

0B762E4C-59D3-433F-99F8-F495A9CAA981.jpeg

Rupert Pupkin

Our work “Christmas Party” has now officially become a “Business Meeting” 🍺🍺🍺

Get that roond yi.. 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Get that roond yi.. 😂😂😂

Great lateral thinking 😂

11 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Get that roond yi.. 😂😂😂

Gather all the company’s employees together in one place while there’s a highly transmissive variant kicking about. Excellent logic 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Gather all the company’s employees together in one place while there’s a highly transmissive variant kicking about. Excellent logic 👍🏻

:rofl: Honestly folk like you should just never leave the house and let everyone else get on with their lives. Curtain twitching weirdo.

46 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And yet politicians are rushing to add more restrictions on us. Hmmmm

A prudent move when there is still much uncertainty.

6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You forgot to insert “ mild “ . 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

A prudent move when there is still much uncertainty.

A panic mode, knee jerk reaction without having empirical data. 

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

:rofl: Honestly folk like you should just never leave the house and let everyone else get on with their lives. Curtain twitching weirdo.

It’s indeed tragic that Some are so afraid of any risk they might not leave the house and even more concerning they happily support Govt rules to enforce rules to stop people just getting on with things . ! 

Edited by JamesM48

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

No worries mate. I’m assuming from the level of brain power on display that you don’t work in any sort of important job so you can rock on and have as many Christmas parties as you like. Those of us in essential jobs will put the greater good first as usual. 👍🏻

Already numerous train cancellations and staff shortages at an A&E after the staff caught Omicron at a social event. 

43 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Yup.

It sounds to me the SG are currently relying on people using their common sense.  Oh dear.

We are doomed.   

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

No worries mate. I’m assuming from the level of brain power on display that you don’t work in any sort of important job so you can rock on and have as many Christmas parties as you like. Those of us in essential jobs will put the greater good first as usual. 👍🏻

Already numerous train cancellations and staff shortages at an A&E after the staff caught Omicron at a social event. 

What a snooty arrogant comment ! “ essential “ workers !

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You forgot to insert “ mild “ . 

Regardless of the level of mildness, it’s at least 10 days off work for everyone infected and their close contacts. That might not be a big deal for you and your work colleagues at the U-Turn manufacturing plant but it’s a huge deal in other sectors which are critical to our  lives.

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A panic mode, knee jerk reaction without having empirical data. 

There has been a paper published today that shows the data, I linked to it earlier. 

Some folk just don’t get that there is economic reasoning behind the Christmas party advice as well as medical reasoning. Maybe if they tried listening to her and thinking for themselves rather than just going by what social media tells them to think. 

:awful:

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Regardless of the level of mildness, it’s at least 10 days off work for everyone infected and their close contacts. That might not be a big deal for you and your work colleagues at the U-Turn manufacturing plant but it’s a huge deal in other sectors which are critical to our  lives.

Only household contacts , other close contacts can now leave isolation with a negative test, if vaccinated. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic