Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh well . Never mind. People change in life. Thats what life is about. Im sorry that you consider i " lap" up every thing Jonesy or Enzo say. I would say I agree with them. You in turn " lap up" what a number of posters say on this. Its natural to appreciate and agree with people who are on the same wavelength as oneself.   Its hardly brought the worse in me  . Its completely invigorated me and opened my eyes to the negligence of this current Govt. 

And there's a good hint as to why it is that you have started believing what you do. You've found a way to combat your fear of Covid by finding folk to agree with who not only have a good old enemy, the government and the scientists, but their main tenet is that the thing you fear, Covid, is not to be feared after all! It, and everything that is being done to combat it, is in effect fake news or at the least very exaggerated news. What could be handier? Nothing to be afraid of any more.

QAnon, MAGA, anti-vaxxing, Covid denial, and so on. All built on mobilising fear and uncertainty into a form of almost religious certainty and anger that invigorates folk who need invigorating.

In saying that, it's not healthy to have long-running disputes, so I'll let you have a final pop or pops at me, and then I'll just keep you on ignore and let others rightly take you up on the stuff that you come out with. On a personal, non-Covid related level, all the best James. :thumb:

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And there's a good hint as to why it is that you have started believing what you do. You've found a way to combat your fear of Covid by finding folk to agree with who not only have a good old enemy, the government and the scientists, but their main tenet is that the thing you fear, Covid, is not to be feared after all! It, and everything that is being done to combat it, is in effect fake news or at the least very exaggerated news. What could be handier? Nothing to be afraid of any more.

QAnon, MAGA, anti-vaxxing, Covid denial, and so on. All built on mobilising fear and uncertainty into a form of almost religious certainty and anger that invigorates folk who need invigorating.

In saying that, it's not healthy to have long-running disputes, so I'll let you have a final pop or pops at me, and then I'll just keep you on ignore and let others rightly take you up on the stuff that you come out with. On a personal, non-Covid related level, all the best James. :thumb:

Oooooooft 😁

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

patronising ****

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:jjyay:

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Smackdown :wow:

11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And where exactly did you study psychology ? Is it a degree or BSA or an online course ? Sorry Red but that’s patronising clap trap . Cod psychology . You know zero about me to make any assessment of me and vice versa. It’s actually ok to have disagreements with others on this , or as you say “ disputes “ . It’s what these forums are about at times . I’m sorry but since your coming at me you might look in the mirror and consider being less passive in your “ disputes “ on this as I’ve noted that when you “ argue “ with someone you often put a smiley face at the end !  That’s my amateur psychological assessment of you . I’ll get  ripped to pieces by the usual suspects on this fir daring to challenge the wise Red !  I don’t care , I get ripped to pieces daily on this . As the old line from a film goes “ don’t let those *******s grind you down “  or “ never let anyone dim your light “ ! Your a decent guy from what I can gather on this so you take care too ! ( if you can read this ) Ta ta 

27 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Just as I had posted about stalling numbers of positive tests (not cases just for you James) today we see the 7 day average figure fall to 766, now apart from a couple of days just before Christmas when it all took off again, that is the lowest number since mid October!!! It is only one day but it is still encouraging, especially combined with the continued fall in Hospital/ICU and Deaths. (Those figures are still way off October numbers)

Good news ! 

joondalupjambo

Ok so we are now looking at Vaccine passport debates.

Can anyone confirm how that works for any vaccines that are required at the moment for things like Yellow fever, Polio etc?    Is it in paper format?

Also if somebody gets vaccinated your health record is updated, and that is in an electronic format for everyone in the UK?  I am assuming so.  Then I am assuming that at the moment that record is not currently being uploaded to your passport record and then from that record your electronic passport is not being updated, i.e. when you swipe it at point of entry or exit to a country it will not show your vaccine record?  I may be wrong.  Good if I am.

To me if you cannot swipe your passport as the answer to any Covid evidence when going overseas then how would a Covid vaccine be recognised on the point of entry to any country?  A paper copy can be scammed, not everyone uses or wants to use a smart phone and even then that level of technology QR codes and bar codes and even apps can be scammed.

I am therefore thinking electronic passport swiping is best solution but it will not be available in the short term.  Also think about Government IT projects, how drawn out they are and how much they cost.  Brexit being a good recent example of needing a new one.  Health ones in the past have been problematic.  In addition the UK would need to organise any Covid vaccine solutions in relation to evidence with all other countries who ask for it.  Nightmare.

In the short term paper certificates could be issued but that would have a level of risk.  I think politicians are blowing a bit of hot air at the moment about this issue anyway just to make sure more people take up the vaccine.  The low level of up take, after all ages have been offered the jab is now looking very high, much higher than people thought it would be according to news reports.  By saying you might need evidence, regardless if you will or not gets those wanting an overseas holiday this year worried and potentially up's the vaccine takers numbers.

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

everything spouted by jonesy (who should know better) and Enzo (who I strongly suspect does know better).

:lol:

Look guys, I wouldn't have said what I did if I didn't like James and wasn't sad to see how his attitude to Covid has progressed during the pandemic.

I look forward to his reply and don't mind taking pelters.

58 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

What’s the point of her broadcast now. We are locked down till April 

Unless something changes between now and then there is no point in her repeating herself over and over again.

It’s a daily party political broadcast - no way is she giving that up. 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I know lol completely 

would have come across better if he had put it in a wee spreadsheet and posted that.

53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why?  Dont like what i write scoll by .  You must be into censorship if you dont like others views or observations unless they allign with yours.. hard lines. 

Just bored with your constant whining. 

If the FM riles you so much why do you tune in to her live updates ? 

I don't think I have ever watched the updates live I just content myself with the evening news bulletin. 

Then again I'm not looking for things to be raging about. 

You need to get a life you are a crashing bore. 😴

6 minutes ago, cheetah said:

would have come across better if he had put it in a wee spreadsheet and posted that.

Savage ! 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Just bored with your constant whining. 

If the FM riles you so much why do you tune in to her live updates ? 

I don't think I have ever watched the updates live I just content myself with the evening news bulletin. 

Then again I'm not looking for things to be raging about. 

You need to get a life you are a crashing bore. 😴

I watched the update today as I suspected she might change policy or at least give me clarity from yesterday and she did which is good . I’m not so sure I’m a “ crashing bore “ others who know me might strongly disagree with that !  Take care 

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, cheetah said:

:jj:

11 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Total     Result
😁 😉
:waiting: :seething:

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Get these statistics published pronto.

Out at 2pm. Takes me 20 minutes or so to sort them out over a cup of coffee and the noise of next door's repairs.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Do you honestly believe that? I mean, seriously?

Pausing and, in far too many cases, ruining perfectly viable lives to maybe extend - but not very well anyway - the lives of people who have had a fair crack of the whip?

It was never only about those kinds of people.  The sheer scale of susceptibility in the younger,  healthier population was always such that lockdowns had to happen to flatten demand on hospitals.  Suppression is a regulator of pressure on resources.  It's not simply about saving lives.  

Just now, jonesy said:

I'll hud the jaickets. Yous go fur it. The rest of us can watch, but someone will need to Periscope it for Ray and Vic, 'cos they're following the guidelines :)

Pretty sure a pagger with one person from another household, round the back of the Wheatfield, actually falls within the current rules...or as near to as is needed.

First one bleedin' or beelin' has to eat the bat soup.

😂😂😂😂😂

Scottish numbers: 24 February 2021

Summary

• 798 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+143]
  • 23,519 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 3.9% of these were positive [+7,488; -0.9%]
  • 47 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-9]
  • 93 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 1,018 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-58]
  • 1,488,077 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 50,121 have received their second dose [+22,836; +6,918]

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 24 February 2021

Summary

• 798 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+143]
  • 23,519 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 3.9% of these were positive [+7,488; -0.9%]
  • 47 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-9]
  • 93 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 1,018 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-58]
  • 1,488,077 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 50,121 have received their second dose [+22,836; +6,918]

Thanks for this and all your other posts today, Red. 😊

2 hours ago, Gards said:

Why - if you've been vaccinated they pose no threat to you?

That isn't proven - they could result in new variants that the vaccine doesn't protect from.  Don't want the vaccine then no pub, no football, no cinema, no gigs, etc - stay at home.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

What's the stats for people <80 y.o. with no underlying health issues (either previously known or discovered thanks to their Covid treatment) dying as a direct result of their Covid infection?

It doesn't matter.  It's a low rate.  But the important thing is scale along a timeline.  It's not just about mortality either.  More importantly it's hospitalisation.  Lots of people don't die due to being treated.  A lot would die without treatment.  

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That isn't proven - they could result in new variants that the vaccine doesn't protect from.  Don't want the vaccine then no pub, no football, no cinema, no gigs, etc - stay at home.

If they have variants that the vaccine doesn't prevent, won't everyone need new vaccinations again then?  Where does it end?  Nonsense.

Dennis Reynolds
35 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ok so we are now looking at Vaccine passport debates.

Can anyone confirm how that works for any vaccines that are required at the moment for things like Yellow fever, Polio etc?    Is it in paper format?

Also if somebody gets vaccinated your health record is updated, and that is in an electronic format for everyone in the UK?  I am assuming so.  Then I am assuming that at the moment that record is not currently being uploaded to your passport record and then from that record your electronic passport is not being updated, i.e. when you swipe it at point of entry or exit to a country it will not show your vaccine record?  I may be wrong.  Good if I am.

To me if you cannot swipe your passport as the answer to any Covid evidence when going overseas then how would a Covid vaccine be recognised on the point of entry to any country?  A paper copy can be scammed, not everyone uses or wants to use a smart phone and even then that level of technology QR codes and bar codes and even apps can be scammed.

I am therefore thinking electronic passport swiping is best solution but it will not be available in the short term.  Also think about Government IT projects, how drawn out they are and how much they cost.  Brexit being a good recent example of needing a new one.  Health ones in the past have been problematic.  In addition the UK would need to organise any Covid vaccine solutions in relation to evidence with all other countries who ask for it.  Nightmare.

In the short term paper certificates could be issued but that would have a level of risk.  I think politicians are blowing a bit of hot air at the moment about this issue anyway just to make sure more people take up the vaccine.  The low level of up take, after all ages have been offered the jab is now looking very high, much higher than people thought it would be according to news reports.  By saying you might need evidence, regardless if you will or not gets those wanting an overseas holiday this year worried and potentially up's the vaccine takers numbers.

A good few years ago I had to get a yellow fever vaccine to go abroad and was given a wee vaccination booklet that I was to present if asked. Was never actually asked for it when I arrived tbh. Recently got a similar thing after my cat got his vaccines. 

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That will not work in practical terms would it or at least if it was it would take donkey's years to implement correctly surely?

Paper copies of anything can be scammed and not all people have smart phones if it was an app so how would you see it working?

National ID cards?

Popped up an Twitter the 50 or so mistakes they government made with the pandemic.

Of one of them, it's only 7 weeks since the PM telling parents it was safe to send their kids back to school when out and about on the Monday morning, only to call a press conference that night to say lock down was back again with the some kids only having that day back.

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, LMc said:

A good few years ago I had to get a yellow fever vaccine to go abroad and was given a wee vaccination booklet that I was to present if asked. Was never actually asked for it when I arrived tbh. Recently got a similar thing after my cat got his vaccines. 

Lol a wee vaccination booklet, we could all carry them round next to our over 60's bus pass :lol:

Ah so we could mix up the pussy's vaccine booklet with ours, would we get into a pub then though that is the million dollar question? :lol:

The latest 7-day stats. We've reached a milestone today in that the national cases have now been reduced to the point where we were before the festive surge. That reduction is not spread evenly over the councils, some faring better and some worse than they were back then, but overall it's great news.

Other good news in the 7-day stats includes the positivity rate dropping to 4.6% and hospitalisations continuing to drop steadily. Deaths and ICU patients are also decreasing but more gradually.

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     22 Feb 21 Feb 20 Feb 19 Feb 18 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     98 104 -6   106 103 105 106 105 ... 98
Falkirk 4 2 209 224 -15   224 214 217 234 233 ... 60
Clackmannanshire 4 3 167 165 +2   188 188 198 213 221 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 166 175 -9   187 182 184 202 205 ... 120
West Lothian 4 3 165 180 -15   188 203 231 215 198 ... 83
North Lanarkshire 4 3 157 180 -23   180 179 172 175 166 ... 119
Glasgow City 4 3 139 142 -3   145 130 132 134 130 ... 129
East Ayrshire 4 3 138 178 -40   179 186 210 238 278 ... 153
Stirling 4 3 132 137 -5   131 137 150 158 158 ... 70
Midlothian 4 3 129 129 0   143 135 118 111 105 ... 136
Renfrewshire 4 3 126 140 -14   154 154 164 162 173 ... 116
South Lanarkshire 4 3 118 128 -10   129 127 130 138 138 ... 120
East Renfrewshire 4 3 116 127 -11   134 118 137 136 111 ... 101
North Ayrshire 4 3 111 119 -8   126 128 124 126 122 ... 175
East Lothian 4 3 108 107 +1   107 89 78 74 70 ... 148
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 95 93 +2   86 72 71 67 64 ... 70
Edinburgh City 4 3 93 97 -4   95 89 84 79 75 ... 109
Fife 4 3 71 67 +4   73 73 71 67 70 ... 97
South Ayrshire 4 3 62 67 -5   66 60 64 66 59 ... 98
Perth & Kinross 4 3 60 59 +1   61 63 56 64 64 ... 126
Dundee City 4 3 59 55 +4   54 53 53 53 50 ... 113
Moray 4 1 56 64 -8   75 68 62 64 71 ... 13
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 52 51 +1   53 52 56 51 49 ... 32
Highland 4/3 1 52 53 -1   52 54 52 51 53 ... 17
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 52 52 0   45 52 64 67 109 ... 22
Angus 4 2 46 52 -6   52 52 52 57 55 ... 37
Inverclyde 4 2 37 46 -9   49 57 54 62 84 ... 59
Aberdeenshire 4 3 36 37 -1   36 31 34 40 37 ... 88
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 35 41 -6   42 50 50 56 61 ... 29
Scottish Borders 4 1 30 39 -9   41 40 38 30 28 ... 85
Fit Like Min City 4 3 25 24 +1   25 26 30 35 32 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 4 0   4 4 4 9 18 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     19180 19297 -117   19088 18743 18151 18490 17912 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     4.6 4.9 -0.3   5.0 5.0 5.2 5.2 5.4 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1046 1088 -42   1131 1172 1215 1256 1290 ... 975
ICU     97 98 -1   99 99 100 101 104 ... 50
Deaths     32 35 -3   34 34 33 36 41 ... 25
All Vaccinations     28245 29044 -799   30448 32766 36952 41139 45314    
1st Dose     24000 25320 -1320   27185 29738 34171 38932 43746    
2nd Dose     4245 3724 +521   3263 3028 2781 2207 1568    

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats. We've reached a milestone today in that the national cases have now been reduced to the point where we were before the festive surge. That reduction is not spread evenly over the councils, some faring better and some worse than they were back then, but overall it's great news.

Other good news in the 7-day stats includes the positivity rate dropping to 4.6% and hospitalisations continuing to drop steadily. Deaths and ICU patients are also decreasing but more gradually.

Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     22 Feb 21 Feb 20 Feb 19 Feb 18 Feb ... 20 Dec

7-day averages                          

Some turnaround for Aberdeen.

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Lol a wee vaccination booklet, we could all carry them round next to our over 60's bus pass :lol:

Ah so we could mix up the pussy's vaccine booklet with ours, would we get into a pub then though that is the million dollar question? :lol:

It honestly looked like something from the 40's 🤣

Done for a trip but wouldn't trust having to use it for any meaningful length of time. I'm sure it'll be an app or something this time round tbh. Or I'll just use the cats.....

14 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

That will not work in practical terms would it or at least if it was it would take donkey's years to implement correctly surely?

Paper copies of anything can be scammed and not all people have smart phones if it was an app so how would you see it working?

National ID cards?

They are talking of adding a feature to the NHS track and trace app.  Could take a couple of weeks.

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

7-day averages                          

Brilliant! Good to see Edinburgh going down again from a purely selfish point of view! 

19 minutes ago, Gards said:

If they have variants that the vaccine doesn't prevent, won't everyone need new vaccinations again then?  Where does it end?  Nonsense.

We will, like we get seasonal flu vaccinations for new variants.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

It does matter.

Viruses affect different groups of people differently. Governments around the world did two things last Feb/March. First they saw that China had done what totalitarian regimes can get away with. Then, they shat the bed and implemented their own damaging lockdowns. They then posited enough fear from their cherry picked projections to justify the continuation of the lockdown because to do anything otherwise would have been to admit over-reaction in the first place. Or, that's the way I see it. Appreciate others may see it differently.

Far more people have contracted CV19, passed it onto equally unsusceptible people, and then recovered - possibly never knowing they've even had the virus. No problem with people receiving treatment, but damaging the majority's lives to save a few doesn't add up for me.

Still, the temperature in here appears to be rising, which probably means lockdown is really starting to get to folk, and have a negative impact on their physical and mental health. Won't prod any further on this for the moment to allow folk with different views to return to their cosy bubbles.

'To save a few' 

121k deaths and counting. 

433k hospitalised. 

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some turnaround for Aberdeen.

It is indeed. Very surprising. The number of cases in the city actually jumped up to 23 today but has been more or less in single figures for the last few days.

joondalupjambo
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They are talking of adding a feature to the NHS track and trace app.  Could take a couple of weeks.

Oh aye that won't work then because as I said not everyone has a smart phone and even then, mine for instance does not allow the track and trace to down load because of the old operating system.  In fairness the UK Government is saying it is "looking" at vaccine passports but they confirmed that this is more in relation to International travel.  I await that report with interest but as for not getting into a pub without being vaccinated for example, sorry I just cannot ever see how that would work.  We would all need to use something like an electronic National ID cards where we swiped them onto a reader.  And that will never happen in my lifetime.

Edited by joondalupjambo

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

7-day averages                          

😄

Edited by The Real Maroonblood
👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic