• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Lockdown but not lockdown. How do you monitor how many times people have been out for exercise. It's half arsed again.

Give it a rest, this is about as extreme as any country has done.  

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Can be out in pairs.

Still don't see an issue with it. People are trying to find any little thing to complain about. Excercise is a necessity to keep minds healthy

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

It's a 100% lock down, maintaining essential services. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Its not half arsed. Unless you put army on street, you will never get more than this. Thought he came over reasonable well, and I am no lover of him or Conservative party.

It is up to the public now.

It is half arsed. People still have an excuse to go out to exercise 'once a day'. People can still go to work even if they aren't key workers.

Boris Johnson has stunned millions of Britons with a momentous and tough lockdown announcement to tackle coronavirus: stay at home or face a fine.

In a dramatic and historic TV address to the nation, the prime minister said all shops apart from food stores and chemists must close immediately, meeting friends will be banned - but one form of exercise a day will be allowed.

The lockdown, which will be in force for at least three weeks, follows growing pressure in recent days from the government's top medical advisers and senior politicians for a lockdown.

Announcing powers not seen since wartime, Mr Johnson declared: "From this evening I must give the British people a very simple instruction - you must stay at home.

"Because the critical thing we must do is stop the disease spreading between households."

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I mean that is patently nonsense. It isn't even close!

My boss was musing about us being classed as essential.    We're not.    But he'll probably know better than the authorities.

gashauskis9

I’ve got to hand it to Boris.  He could have gone full blown Italian on us, but instead he’s gone down the German route which at least allows the sensible amongst us who live on our own to still get some exercise and keep our distance.  

Malinga the Swinga

If you compare him to a certain president, he actually sounded statesmanlike and authorative. We are announcing lockdown whereas US consider relaxing rules because money is more important than lives in the mighty USA.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Nah sorry far to many will just take the ***** out of this. 

You just risk causing deaths then. 

Not in any way a conservative voter, however I have to say credit to Boris Johnson. I don't necessarily agree with 100% of what he says or does, but for someone who's pretty new to the job having to deal with this, I tip my hat.

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I mean that is patently nonsense. It isn't even close!

Okay smart arse it’s as strict as anywhere in Europe.  Even Italy didn’t prevent excercise till yesterday 

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

My boss was musing about us being classed as essential.    We're not.    But he'll probably know better than the authorities.

Same in my factory mate. The place will not close until the government actually spell it out to them that it is non essential work.

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Lockdown but not lockdown. How do you monitor how many times people have been out for exercise. It's half arsed again.

Its easy, just stop being a cock.

Radio Ga Ga

Thought Boris came across very well. There will always be roasters who will stick two fingers up at the instructions and risk infecting the innocent. (Without naming names there are a couple of JKB members in that)

Brighton Jambo

NS saying the same as Boris but surprised she said going out for food shouldn’t be more than once a day, surely you don’t need to be going food shopping every day unless in exceptional circumstances.  

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It is half arsed. People still have an excuse to go out to exercise 'once a day'. People can still go to work even if they aren't key workers.

Go on admit it, you wanted martial law, army on street and curfew. We don't have the numbers of police and army to enforce what you want, unless of course you want to encourage us to start phoning police when we see someone outside.

We have Boris, Nicola S, the Welsh and Irish leaders agreeing to an unprecedented peace time situation. Personally they have my support.

Fire_At_The_Disco

I’m going to have to go out to work for 4 hours tomorrow as I have left a client without a window (boarded up) I know its not totally critical but as self employed the 4 week payment I’m due for job is going to be needed. Once it’s done I will fully adhere to government instruction  

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Go on admit it, you wanted martial law, army on street and curfew. We don't have the numbers of police and army to enforce what you want, unless of course you want to encourage us to start phoning police when we see someone outside.

We have Boris, Nicola S, the Welsh and Irish leaders agreeing to an unprecedented peace time situation. Personally they have my support.

Aye that's what I wanted.

Bollocks, everyone had to go and ruin it for those of us being responsible. My partner and I don't live together and now it will be against the rules to go to each other's houses which after a week of self-isolating (barring 1 trip to the shop) to make sure neither of us had it is pretty depressing.

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Asking for my brother in-law here did he say only essential workers should work ?

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

@AlphonseCapone
 Not sure where your getting your info.

If possible, would be good to separate Scotland England Wales NI.

Good to see trends are differing through out uk

If I can get a hold of death figure trends by each country I'll do that. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

labour shadow health secretary agrees with the new measures

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Okay smart arse it’s as strict as anywhere in Europe.  Even Italy didn’t prevent excercise till yesterday 

What about France where for the past week or thereabouts you have had to fill in a form before each time you leave your house?

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Not in any way a conservative voter, however I have to say credit to Boris Johnson. I don't necessarily agree with 100% of what he says or does, but for someone who's pretty new to the job having to deal with this, I tip my hat.

It's credit to Dominic Cummings who is behind this. 

But yes, credit to all the leaders. 

He didn't mention walking dogs. My dogs need out more than once a day to exercise their sphincters. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Bollocks, everyone had to go and ruin it for those of us being responsible. My partner and I don't live together and now it will be against the rules to go to each other's houses which after a week of self-isolating (barring 1 trip to the shop) to make sure neither of us had it is pretty depressing.

On the other hand, if one of you gets it and one of you doesn’t...

feel for you though. Difficult situation  

Captain Lithuania
Just now, Taffin said:

Same situation here. We just need to keep calm and wait it out. 

I don’t know what to say anymore. 

Need to go to the supermarket tomorrow for supplies...

Wondering what it's going to be like. I'm the sort who buys enough for a couple of days. Hopefully that'll still be possible and the panic buyers are restricted even more. Wouldn't mind the army on patrol at the entrances and folk limited to one of the smaller trollies.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Go on your exercise with a bag on your back tomorrow and stay there for the 3 weeks then.

1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

He didn't mention walking dogs. My dogs need out more than once a day to exercise their sphincters. 

Is there more than one person in the house?

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Don't let this weekends goings on and the charade that "if youndon't behave it will need to get tougher" fool you.

This was always inevitable. From 2 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

Thoughts please

I live in a block of 6.

Can I go from my flat down to our own fenced off part of the back garden?

I'd be going down 1 flight of stairs to back door (gloves on) to do a bit gardening? 

Or am I just by doing that putting people at risk? 

Cheers

You can do that still.

I wish my block had a garden. Got 40 space car park instead... I despise it.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Need to go to the supermarket tomorrow for supplies...

Wondering what it's going to be like. I'm the sort who buys enough for a couple of days. Hopefully that'll still be possible and the panic buyers are restricted even more. Wouldn't mind the army on patrol at the entrances and folk limited to one of the smaller trollies.

I went to to Asda at the Jewel today about 4pm and it was practically normal, if anything - actually bit quiet.

Got everything I wanted easily.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I’m still confused.

Can people can still go to work??

Yes. You should only do it if 'absolutely necessary'. But you get to decide that yourself.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, kila said:

You can do that still.

I wish my block had a garden. Got 40 space car park instead... I despise it.

similar to me . live in block and we have communal back garden so I assume i can " exercise" there or just get fresh air.. also I think you can meet a friend and jointly " exercise"....( walk around a park).

Francis Albert

Why is it essential for tv journalists and cameramen  to travel to Downing Street or Kings cross to talk to us?

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic