A different perspective. The young guys perspective...

busby1985

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I think 30 is the magic number to get into the first team changing room, something the previous manager insisted on as kind of an incentive for the young boys. It seems like Stendel has done away with it and considers anyone playing in the first team should be in with the first team. 

30’s basically an entire season, though. Could understand if it were 10 games!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• busby1985

• martoon

• Mr Elwood P

Back to 2005
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Sadly this.

It takes unbelievable incompetence to be bottom of the league in this country with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget. 

Fair play to Levein and Budge....it shouldn't even be possible. 

Bazzas right boot

I'm gonna think outside the box on this one. 

The solution is to install more ****ing lockers, everyone has one. 

Nah greeting and swapping keys, not an issue. 

The big issue with our younger players must have been witnessing the utter dirge that was brought in and played the season after they got into the starting line up. Lee, Bozanic and Edwards bought that summer after Cochrane and Macdonald had broken through. Top that up with the utter imposter Damour and the 6 year old child masquerading as a man Whelan. That must be incredibly dispiriting. Good to hear everyone being judged equally. 

Edited by Jodami

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

It takes unbelievable incompetence to be bottom of the league in this country with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget. 

Fair play to Levein and Budge....it shouldn't even be possible. 

Tbf, we weren't bottom when CL left. 

26 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

You wonder how many truly great Scottish players over the years have been turfed because of this "too big for their boots" thing. Who cares? What is this fascination with keeping your feet on the ground, not getting ahead of yourself, knowing your place etc. Maradona and Ronaldo are two of the greatest players of all time and they're deluded, arrogant twats. 😄. If they were Scottish they'd have been sent on loan to Cowdenbeath when they were 19 to "give them a reality check". 

Maradona, like Messi, would have been emptied by a Scottish team age 15 for being too small.

pettigrewsstylist

Always thought you just didnt move people onto first team status till they actually were consolidated as such. 30 games was a figure a previous regime set as consolidation complete.

Seem to recall back in the day that being in the pre season "official" first team photo was the big accolade.

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Maradona, like Messi, would have been emptied by a Scottish team age 15 for being too small.

At a lower level they would have had legs broken for 'fancy shit' that they tried. I had the joy of the highland league for 2 years. I spent one whole training session on how to hurt opponents or wind them up without being noticed.

God help anyone doing a stepover when I played.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a mixed bag this. 

Do I have an issue with youngsters having to earn their pkace- no, keeps them grounded and working hard. 

Do I think this could de motivate them? 

Possibly, but if thats demotivates you then maybe football is the wrong career. 

CL gave Brandon game time, CL isn't someone who grinds down youngster's. 

He's the opposite of that. 

Hickey, Irvine, Cochrane, MacDonald have all been given an opportunity. Maybe too young. 

Souttar, Mulraney, Wighton were all signed, all young. 

At Utd he got young lads coming through. 

I don't doubt there is a different vibe or buzz around the place don't think it's to do with lockers or the way CL treated the youngsters so badly before. 

Likley just the general change and new mgt team. 

Some individuals will have reacted well, some Meh, some not so well. 

Half the folk celebrating this have spent time on here ripping Brandon and saying he's shite for months and on match day line ups CL has been ripped for picking him. 

The way posters twist everything that CL done and does is bad is getting ridiculous. 

I'm behind Stendel, as many said about CL tho, results count, so time will tell if all these changes are positive or not. 

I've always liked Brandon, think he's a good RB. 

CL told Brandon, who had been told by the club doctor and his own doctor not to, that if he didn’t attend the Gulane Sand dunes with the rest of the first team then he wouldn’t be a first team player, a month after he’d recovered from an ACL injury. CL tried to loan Brandon last January, Brandon said he’d prefer to stay and fight for the first team, CL sin binned him until injury forced CL’s hand. Brandon approached CL in the summer and asked for a loan or a move away as he wasn’t featuring and wanted game time, CL said no as he was part of the plans. CL then played Hickey as a right back instead of Brandon for weeks. Either CL just didn’t like Brandon or Brandon’s treatment will be par for the course. He’s another little tit bit for you. When CL asked Brandon to go out on loan last January, to Dunfermline by the way, he also asked Cochrane to go. Both said no, both got sin binned. Where did Cochrane end up on loan 5 months later........Dunfermline. Almost as if someone was trying to make a point about who is boss. 

I agree about the vibe tho. I don’t think Stendel has done anything majorly different. I just think it’s making a big difference to the players only having one voice. Berra even alluded to this in his moan. He said, on Stendel thinking he wasn’t good enough, “that’s just one mans opinion” as if anyone else’s opinion matters. 

I also agree, as we done on another thread, that all this means nothing if we don’t see results. I’ve loved everything Stendel has done so far. I love how he speaks and I love how he wants us to play. We are bottom of the league tho and he hasn’t won a match. He has to get results and fast. If we lose or are unconvincing in the cup then all the negativity ramps up another level. He has to get results. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂 that made me laugh. Have a changing room like the commonwealth pool. 

Absolute Scenes

I think that’s absolutely class from my Daniel. 

I hold my hands up and say I’d written off Brandon and said some pretty shady things about him as a player... but Daniel seems to be bringing the fringes back into contention and I like it. Really hope he kicks on. It’s funny this has been brought up too as me and my mate were talking about this and he didn’t believe me that young players have to play a certain number of games before their allowed in the first team changing room. First rule of building team work, make everyone feel like their part of the team, despite how many games they’ve played. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

CL told Brandon, who had been told by the club doctor and his own doctor not to, that if he didn’t attend the Gulane Sand dunes with the rest of the first team then he wouldn’t be a first team player, a month after he’d recovered from an ACL injury. CL tried to loan Brandon last January, Brandon said he’d prefer to stay and fight for the first team, CL sin binned him until injury forced CL’s hand. Brandon approached CL in the summer and asked for a loan or a move away as he wasn’t featuring and wanted game time, CL said no as he was part of the plans. CL then played Hickey as a right back instead of Brandon for weeks. Either CL just didn’t like Brandon or Brandon’s treatment will be par for the course. He’s another little tit bit for you. When CL asked Brandon to go out on loan last January, to Dunfermline by the way, he also asked Cochrane to go. Both said no, both got sin binned. Where did Cochrane end up on loan 5 months later........Dunfermline. Almost as if someone was trying to make a point about who is boss. 

I agree about the vibe tho. I don’t think Stendel has done anything majorly different. I just think it’s making a big difference to the players only having one voice. Berra even alluded to this in his moan. He said, on Stendel thinking he wasn’t good enough, “that’s just one mans opinion” as if anyone else’s opinion matters. 

I also agree, as we done on another thread, that all this means nothing if we don’t see results. I’ve loved everything Stendel has done so far. I love how he speaks and I love how he wants us to play. We are bottom of the league tho and he hasn’t won a match. He has to get results and fast. If we lose or are unconvincing in the cup then all the negativity ramps up another level. He has to get results. 

Good info. 

I have no doubt that conversations like that happen at all football clubs all the time tho. 

Loaning out youngsters is hardly a bad thing, most  times it's to give game time. 

Happens a lot. 

For example Brandon wasn't displacing Smith. 

Players can fight and be bit part or go on the premise that playing at a lower level will result in more game time. 

Doesn't always work out tho. 

It's not a big thing. 

Pretty common. 

Personal to Brandon, right now he'll be happy as he's been elevated. 

Again, with every new manager that will happen with some, while others get treated different. 

Your thread is actually a good story, it's the hijacking of the thread to turn into a CL hate frenzy which is boring. Unsure if you meant for it to go that way, I don't think you did. You just posted a story from an individual that was positive. 

I missed out Clare on my previous list as well. 

If CL had Clare and Brandon in a line up 3 months ago, it was ripped on here.

Suddenly it's all good these guys are getting elevated. 

Folk that Litterally would've binned Brandon at the drop of a hat are now using this as a way to further slag cl. 

This thread really hits home how personal some are in regards to CL. It's silly. 

They are also basing their hopes on nothing but blind faith, something they accused the happy clappers of doing. 

It's fascinating tbh. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

😂😂😂 that made me laugh. Have a changing room like the commonwealth pool. 

50 lockers.. 

😂😂

The changing room is ****ing massive, cost us £12m or somthing. 🤔

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Stendel pulled Brandon start of the week and asked him where his locker was in the first team changing room. He told him he didn’t have a locker as he’d only just broke 30 games for the first team. Stendel told him that if he trains with the first team, plays with the first team then he’s in the first team and told him to get his stuff and find a locker. 

Whelan and Berra may well be upset at being bombed but I can tell you the young boys are buzzing with Stendel. No more one rule for one, one rule for another. Everyone on the same page, everyone judged and held to the same standard. No more listening to the old heads calling out the young boys to “step up” whilst the old heads don’t train and don’t take any responsibility for their own poor performances. 

Stendel has rejuvenated the young boys. 

Players Stendel likes:

Brandon 

Bozanic

MacLean

Dikamona

Players Stendel doesn’t like:

Uche 

Berra 

Whelan 

Mulraney 

Not convinced by any of this ...

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Players Stendel likes:

Brandon 

Bozanic

MacLean

Dikamona

Players Stendel doesn’t like:

Uche 

Berra 

Whelan 

Mulraney 

Not convinced by any of this ...

Yeah, am not convinced either but I also don’t think Stendel plans on building his new look Hearts around the players listed. If the likes list was the new starting 11 then I’d be worried. I think his likes/dislike list is just people with and without the right attitude etc. For what it is worth, I haven’t heard of anything about Stendel not liking Uche. From what I know, he just wants Uche to work harder. 

53 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

You wonder how many truly great Scottish players over the years have been turfed because of this "too big for their boots" thing. Who cares? What is this fascination with keeping your feet on the ground, not getting ahead of yourself, knowing your place etc. Maradona and Ronaldo are two of the greatest players of all time and they're deluded, arrogant twats. 😄. If they were Scottish they'd have been sent on loan to Cowdenbeath when they were 19 to "give them a reality check". 

Excellent post, you've opened my mind with this. I've always believed in the "keep them grounded" approach but it's probably what's cost this nation players that can express themselves. We're desperate for goalscorers and flair players yet as a nation we despise people who "get to big for their boots ".

Confidence is massive in football and we really should be doing all we can to install it in our youngsters..... 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

50 lockers.. 

😂😂

The changing room is ****ing massive, cost us £12m or somthing. 🤔

Maybe that’s why the main stand costs have spiralled. The full unfinished floor is just one huge changing room. Budges hibs supporting brother has designed it......

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Amazing that a proper coach can actually improve players, eh. Craig Levein can GTF. 

There's not been much improvement in the results. (yet) 

Seymour M Hersh

Just imagine, Curtis Jones would not have been given a locker here yet Herr Klopp plays him in the Merseyside Derby where he scores the winner. If this is the German method of getting the best out of players then I'm all for it. If the 30 game thing is true it just shows you haw backward thinking Scottish football is (appreciate this is a Hearts thing but I'll bet most other clubs in the PL have similar crap going on). 

10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah, am not convinced either but I also don’t think Stendel plans on building his new look Hearts around the players listed. If the likes list was the new starting 11 then I’d be worried. I think his likes/dislike list is just people with and without the right attitude etc. For what it is worth, I haven’t heard of anything about Stendel not liking Uche. From what I know, he just wants Uche to work harder. 

I thought Uche was on the eight man hit list?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

There's not been much improvement in the results. (yet) 

True. This easn't an easy fix though. We were left in a right state. We need to stop messing around  and get some players in. Mastermind Levein left him with Uche as striker and Mulraney and Morrison as our only wide players.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The results are now worse ...

You seem pleased. 

Is restoring Cwaigywaigy to his positions the answer? 

Just now, martoon said:

You seem pleased. 

Is restoring Cwaigywaigy to his positions the answer? 

What Specific word have you managed to imply please from?

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good info. 

I have no doubt that conversations like that happen at all football clubs all the time tho. 

Loaning out youngsters is hardly a bad thing, most  times it's to give game time. 

Happens a lot. 

For example Brandon wasn't displacing Smith. 

Players can fight and be bit part or go on the premise that playing at a lower level will result in more game time. 

Doesn't always work out tho. 

It's not a big thing. 

Pretty common. 

Personal to Brandon, right now he'll be happy as he's been elevated. 

Again, with every new manager that will happen with some, while others get treated different. 

Your thread is actually a good story, it's the hijacking of the thread to turn into a CL hate frenzy which is boring. Unsure if you meant for it to go that way, I don't think you did. You just posted a story from an individual that was positive. 

I missed out Clare on my previous list as well. 

If CL had Clare and Brandon in a line up 3 months ago, it was ripped on here.

Suddenly it's all good these guys are getting elevated. 

Folk that Litterally would've binned Brandon at the drop of a hat are now using this as a way to further slag cl. 

This thread really hits home how personal some are in regards to CL. It's silly. 

They are also basing their hopes on nothing but blind faith, something they accused the happy clappers of doing. 

It's fascinating tbh. 

I think it's just that people realise that having appointed the new manager he needs to be backed.

This is our only chance of avoiding the drop.

CL is yesterday's chip paper should be forgotten about in any meaningful capacity.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The results are now worse 

I don't understand why you seem to be rejoicing in that.

Don't worry I'm sure it's only a temporary situation now that the manager has stamped his authority on the team.

Part and parcel of a new regime is to almost remove all the old regime as a way of saying who’s in charge now.

I enjoy hearing about the changes implemented but a lot of these changes are so obvious that they needed changed as opposed to DS being some sort of miracle worker.

He has his own man, he will get his own players and he will improve/inspire current players who now know poor attitude and performance will result in contracts being ripped up. I personally feel the treatment of Berra was deserved but believe it was symbolic of DSs time here.

I really want this to work and if players are buzzing they now need to show it on the pitch. I was a supporter of CL and although I felt he was to blame for almost everything going wrong players needed to look at them self and if DS can’t motivate or improve them neither CL or DS are at fault (ignore signing them) it’s the players

What Specific word have you managed to imply please from?

Nice try at deflection and avoidance, Mr E. Levein's apologists are very good at that. 

You, and the gang, clearly cannot accept criticism of Levein. 

Why? 

N Lincs Jambo
20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just imagine, Curtis Jones would not have been given a locker here yet Herr Klopp plays him in the Merseyside Derby where he scores the winner. If this is the German method of getting the best out of players then I'm all for it. If the 30 game thing is true it just shows you haw backward thinking Scottish football is (appreciate this is a Hearts thing but I'll bet most other clubs in the PL have similar crap going on). 

In a nutshell Mr Hersh!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

To be fair - whilst I love what Stendel was doing - this is why the “boot room” philosophy is a good one and why it is in principle a good idea.

Getting decent coaches in place at the various levels of a club coaching to a club style of playing means that as and when a manager or head coach moves on you don’t have to clear out a load of players and get a load of players in every time you change a manager - which must on average be around every 3 years.

It is undeniably hugely disruptive.

I guess, however, it’s just like socialism - a decent ideology but one which simply doesn’t work in the real world.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tenaciousdandy
3 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

I love reading this stuff. 

Everything DS is doing right now is positive.

He is transforming the old guard, and making the players and club 'unite' 

I really can't wait to get back to Tynecastle. Going to be a completely different team this second part of the season. 

This in spades, impressed with what stendal is doing with rejuvenating the squad, onward and upwards for the rest of the season I think 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Maybe that’s why the main stand costs have spiralled. The full unfinished floor is just one huge changing room. Budges hibs supporting brother has designed it......

You mean it's painted green as well? 

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Nice try at deflection and avoidance, Mr E. Levein's apologists are very good at that. 

You, and the gang, clearly cannot accept criticism of Levein. 

Why? 

Nobody Is talking about Levein. I stated a fact that the results are now worse. Only team in history not to get a new manager bounce of any description...

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I don't understand why you seem to be rejoicing in that.

Don't worry I'm sure it's only a temporary situation now that the manager has stamped his authority on the team.

What indicated that I was rejoicing? I merely stated a fact. We’ve got 3 games in 8 days, starting a week on Saturday. The whole squad is currently getting ripped apart and we don’t have any concrete new arrivals. Surely someone else is worried about all this?

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nobody Is talking about Levein. I stated a fact that the results are now worse. Only team in history not to get a new manager bounce of any description...

What indicated that I was rejoicing? I merely stated a fact. We’ve got 3 games in 8 days, starting a week on Saturday. The whole squad is currently getting ripped apart and we don’t have any concrete new arrivals. Surely someone else is worried about all this?

1 point from 15 with what Levein left behind is as much bounce as could be expected. 

Do you want Stendel removed? 

If so, replaced by whom? 

Craig? 

Bazzas right boot

Your last paragraph is a correct. 

In amongst all the changes happening, we have no new players in. 

Wighton, Whelan I won't miss. 

Mulreny, although not great was our best winger. 

Berra, although struggling a bit is imo still at least on par with Dikamona and Halkett. 

If true about Uche we are left with Maclean as our only fully fit striker. 

Haring and Souttar are still injured. 

Naismith and Walker unknown atm

We played better v Aberdeen, but drew with a team that can't buy a win at Tynecastle, even in recent seasons and had Cosgrove out. 

We have dropped further since CL left, have a sc tie against *******ing Airdrie and then rc away and rangers at home. 

There is a more positive vibe, but I am also concerned as things stand. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, martoon said:

1 point from 15 with what Levein left behind is as much bounce as could be expected. 

Do you want Stendel removed? 

If so, replaced by whom? 

Craig? 

Not true. 

Last season, we beat Aberdeen, beat St Johnstone and drew with hibs in the like for like fixtures last season. 

The defeat of celtic was a win for us last season as well 

The draw with livi was the same. 

Killie away was worse. We won away ti them. 

We also beat Hamilton away first time round. 

Since CL left, v the same fixtures last season under CL are far worse in all honesty. 

Not blaming Stendel--not his team( Macphee was in charge too) , just stating that since CL left, like for like fixtures have got worse. By quite a bit tbf. 

I thought December would have pulled us away based on results v the teams previously, the reverse happened. 

57 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Klopp played an 18 year old as part of a team of youngsters in a game he was clearly willing to risk losing. Hearts played a 16 year old in a cup final as his second ever start. Really don't think the locker thing is good evidence Hearts weren't willing to trust youngsters pre-Stendel. Neither is Curtis Jones a good counter example given he made his debut a year ago and since then has made 4 appearances in the cup and a single sub appearance in the league.

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think it's just that people realise that having appointed the new manager he needs to be backed.

This is our only chance of avoiding the drop.

CL is yesterday's chip paper should be forgotten about in any meaningful capacity.

Agreed. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ridiculous 

Do you know Jones has a locker?

Do you know how Liverpool treat thier youth players?

Do only Hearts and Scottish teams have rituals like this? 

I'd wager - no. 

Ffs, we played a 16 year old in a cup final. 

Another 16 year old played when we skelped the champions. 

We played more youth in lc games just this season. 

Brandon himself was given his chance and game by cl several times. 

Sit doon, think about it. 

Klopp, Liverpool..... 

****ing hell. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ridiculous 

Do you know Jones has a locker?

Do you know how Liverpool treat thier youth players?

Do only Hearts and Scottish teams have rituals like this? 

I'd wager - no. 

Ffs, we played a 16 year old in a cup final. 

Another 16 year old played when we skelped the champions. 

We played more youth in lc games just this season. 

Brandon himself was given his chance and game by cl several times. 

Sit doon, think about it. 

Klopp, Liverpool..... 

****ing hell. 

That doesn't even rhyme.  Mad Smiffy oot!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

That doesn't even rhyme.  Mad Smiffy oot!

😂😂

If you read it in an Irish accent it rhymes. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

Excellent post, you've opened my mind with this. I've always believed in the "keep them grounded" approach but it's probably what's cost this nation players that can express themselves. We're desperate for goalscorers and flair players yet as a nation we despise people who "get to big for their boots ".

Confidence is massive in football and we really should be doing all we can to install it in our youngsters..... 

Yeah, it's bugged me for a long time. What elite athlete gets told to compete within themselves, see their ability as not better than other people's, and not to show arrogance? We even have a slang phrase for it - Billy big baws. You can be arrogant with your ability without being disrespectful to your opponents. We are terrified of arrogance in Scotland. Drives me nuts. I want to see players that play with swagger and think they're the best player on the park. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

With a significant overspend on the main stand?

We need to get real and align to the business world.

1.4 people per desk-locker, work from home* (but always a Friday), flexible working hours, mobile bluetooth headphones always on listening to music 95% of time and so on.

*Why do so many folk WFH on a Friday when you can knock off around 3 if not earlier to go to boozer....