A different perspective. The young guys perspective...

busby1985

Stendel pulled Brandon start of the week and asked him where his locker was in the first team changing room. He told him he didn’t have a locker as he’d only just broke 30 games for the first team. Stendel told him that if he trains with the first team, plays with the first team then he’s in the first team and told him to get his stuff and find a locker. 

Whelan and Berra may well be upset at being bombed but I can tell you the young boys are buzzing with Stendel. No more one rule for one, one rule for another. Everyone on the same page, everyone judged and held to the same standard. No more listening to the old heads calling out the young boys to “step up” whilst the old heads don’t train and don’t take any responsibility for their own poor performances. 

Stendel has rejuvenated the young boys. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• busby1985

• martoon

• Mr Elwood P

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, busby1985 said:

Stendel pulled Brandon start of the week and asked him where his locker was in the first team changing room. He told him he didn’t have a locker as he’d only just broke 30 games for the first team. Stendel told him that if he trains with the first team, plays with the first team then he’s in the first team and told him to get his stuff and find a locker. 

Whelan and Berra may well be upset at being bombed but I can tell you the young boys are buzzing with Stendel. No more one rule for one, one rule for another. Everyone on the same page, everyone judged and held to the same standard. No more listening to the old heads calling out the young boys to “step up” whilst the old heads don’t train and don’t take any responsibility for their own poor performances. 

Good.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Class from Stendel 

That sounds more like Stendel, strong on team work and encouragement.  I'm a bit gobsmacked that you wouldn't have a locker if you ve played 30 times for the first team.

The more I hear about what has been going over the last few seasons, the more I understand why we are bottom of the League.....

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

That sounds more like Stendel, strong on team work and encouragement.  I'm a bit gobsmacked that you wouldn't have a locker if you ve played 30 times for the first team.

I think 30 is the magic number to get into the first team changing room, something the previous manager insisted on as kind of an incentive for the young boys. It seems like Stendel has done away with it and considers anyone playing in the first team should be in with the first team. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good to read Brandon is rated. 

Has a chance with better performances since he got chance for Scotland U21s. 

Brandon impressed me in his last couple of appearances .  Bit rash at times but most young players are .

Think he's been written off on here several times .

DS does seem intent on giving youth a chance . Perhaps may have to curb that a little until we are out of the sticky stuff 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I think 30 is the magic number to get into the first team changing room, something the previous manager insisted on as kind of an incentive for the young boys. It seems like Stendel has done away with it and considers anyone playing in the first team should be in with the first team. 

I suppose it makes a bit of sense but woukd the star signing have to wait 30 games before they had a locker? Cant imagine that would go down well!

Jamboscanbevicius
4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

The more I hear about what has been going over the last few seasons, the more I understand why we are bottom of the League.....

This. Definitely some degree of conjuncture in accounts of what goes on, but nonetheless it sounds like some have taken advantage of the gaps created by CL having two roles, and stepping away from

day-to- day training each day since his heart issues.

DS could make a big difference by levelling the playing field and making us more cohesive even with the squad we have.

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Brandon impressed me in his last couple of appearances .  Bit rash at times but most young players are .

Think he's been written off on here several times .

DS does seem intent on giving youth a chance . Perhaps may have to curb that a little until we are out of the sticky stuff 

I don’t think you can under estimate how disengaged the young boys have been the past year and a bit. When you think you are making progress and your manager would rather play a half fit, old man that hasn’t kicked a ball for two seasons in your position rather than you, it gets you down. Stendel has spoke to the all and made it clear that if you work hard, commit, then you’ll be involved. 

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I suppose it makes a bit of sense but woukd the star signing have to wait 30 games before they had a locker? Cant imagine that would go down well!

Yeah it seems like an out dated approach, which doesn’t surprise me. 

That’s encouraging. 

Brandon has been one of the few positives recently. Still don’t think the kid will make it. Looked at times last year he was playing with his eyes closed. Delighted if I’m proved wrong. 

10 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Sadly this.

wattie exploited
18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

who told you this for fact :rifle:

11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Makes me despise levein even more.

21 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

great idea! Always thought that rule about the 30 games for old school. Just give him Berra’s locker then 😃

Yet again someone starts a foward facing thread about our manager and the dullards face the other way and gurn about the past.    Move on you tedious creatures.

Brandon has been excellent in recent games he was given a chance in. 

Hoping he can really kick on because the signs are promising for the first time.

Just great Busby.  Thanks for posting that.

I can't wait to see how we perform over the rest of the season.  I think we have every chance of doing extremely well under the new regime and really hit the ground running next season.

I've really got the bit between my teeth about people posting that this or that player, particularly the younger ones, are no good.  That was under the previous regime.  Let's see how they all go now.

indianajones
17 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sadly this.

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Makes me despise levein even more.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I almost feel physically sick how loyal we have been 

Its criminal that loser was allowed to gut us without having to answer to anyone. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yet again someone starts a foward facing thread about our manager and the dullards face the other way and gurn about the past.    Move on you tedious creatures.

I do kind of agree with this as this but Levein really does deserve nothing less. Its no wonder we are still angry about the situation. What an utter mess he has left us in. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

The same creatures where spouting about the previous past manager as being some sort of dictator and ego maniac.

Saft as Shite now 🤣🤣

Alex Kintner

When he was 17 I heard Brandon described as “not the most skillfull youngster but would run through a brick wall for the team.”

Would be happy with a few players like that in a Hearts jersey to complement the more creative players. Have always rated Brandon highly for that reason.

copa-mundial

I love reading this stuff. 

Everything DS is doing right now is positive.

He is transforming the old guard, and making the players and club 'unite' 

I really can't wait to get back to Tynecastle. Going to be a completely different team this second part of the season. 

25 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I don’t think you can under estimate how disengaged the young boys have been the past year and a bit. When you think you are making progress and your manager would rather play a half fit, old man that hasn’t kicked a ball for two seasons in your position rather than you, it gets you down. Stendel has spoke to the all and made it clear that if you work hard, commit, then you’ll be involved. 

This is what I can’t get my head round. Levein was all about youth but it now appears the opposite is the case.

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Thought it was quite a nice thread until you decided to litter it with one of your angry wee man posts but there you go.

Holyrood_Hearts
27 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Does that include the likes of Morrison? Haven’t seen him mentioned anywhere

been here before

Brandon has played 29 games. Give him a run out against Airdrie and its a moot point.

This tale sounds a bit bullshit to me.

Great to hear the positives, won’t see this printed anywhere. Thanks for sharing.

Before anyone is surprised there is such dated traditions at Hearts let’s remember we had pre season training at Gullane this year! That should have been CL’s final straw right there

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Brandon has played 29 games. Give him a run out against Airdrie and its a moot point.

This tale sounds a bit bullshit to me.

It’s 100% true and straight from the horses mouth. He actually has 30 first team games all ready. 

36 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I’m sure I read something similar re. Hickey. 

Yup (I think it was Hickey I read about), and at the time I remember thinking that it was weird that someone playing in the first team wouldn't have access to the same facilities, changing or otherwise, as all of his team mates - it created a sort of two-tier first team, not a great idea when team unity is so important.

48 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Good news to hear,players more likely to play for each other.

Not sure it’s that a big deal. 

No problem with what he has done. The 30 game thing was their to keep youngsters on their toes and hungry. Which is not a bad thing.

We have all seen kids come through and make 10-20 first team appearances, think they are the man, only to end up at somewhere like Raith. Did Cochrane not get to the 30 mark and get his space in the first team dressing room and then end up on loan.

Only applies to youngsters coming through the ranks but also no problem with Stendel saying nah i’ve seen enough and you are one of my first team players

now. 

As for the youngsters being demotivated previously, that is understandable. I also think bringing all the players that are on your plans into the changing room will help the team circle the wagons for the battle ahead.

4 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Thought it was quite a nice thread until you decided to litter it with one of your angry wee man posts but there you go.

Not really.   Just pointing out that the chronic bores insist on rehashing the same lament from the past.    It's time to move on.     I'm sure people would rather the threads that focus on the future remain on the future.

41 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Correct

38 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Only for academy recruits. 

Excellent OP. Really good hearing stuff like this. I’m liking what’s going on so far. Tough decisions being made and positive forward thinking moves too. The support uniting behind what is going too will help get our rejuvenated team back up to where it should be. 

Holyrood_Hearts
3 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Not sure it’s that a big deal. 

No problem with what he has done. The 30 game thing was their to keep youngsters on their toes and hungry. Which is not a bad thing.

We have all seen kids come through and make 10-20 first team appearances, think they are the man, only to end up at somewhere like Raith. Did Cochrane not get to the 30 mark and get his space in the first team dressing room and then end up on loan.

Only applies to youngsters coming through the ranks but also no problem with Stendel saying nah i’ve seen enough and you are one of my first team players

now. 

As for the youngsters being demotivated previously, that is understandable. I also think bringing all the players that are on your plans into the changing room will help the team circle the wagons for the battle ahead.

It is a big deal though, he’s trying to change things around behind the scenes & create a different atmosphere. I’ve absolutely no problem with him pressing on with this.

3fingersreid
25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think it’s more a case of comparing the different approach rather than looking backwards . 

I do find it slightly ironic tho that you say move on whilst posting under Victorian 😀😀