• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The signing Wighton now £500k, English or maths not your strong point?

All told the fee plus wages etc will probably total £500k or more I’m afraid.

Probably........

Well thanks for clearing that up.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Probably........

Well thanks for clearing that up.

I did say that originally.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

He did score 6 goals in 14 games for Scotland U17.

At 16 years and 3 months, he became the youngest ever goalscorer for Dundee. This is the period that made his reputation (his Dens Park nickname was 'the wizard') - and of course Dundee United fans will remember him fondly as the scorer of the goal which relegated them. The bad knee injury in 2017 won't have helped, he was out for several months. One or two have said 'never a footballer' - this seems  harsh for someone who's represented his country at every level except full; yes, I know it's only Scotland, but there must have been something there. 

Callum Elliot was viewed as a better prospect than Steven Fletcher whilst playing for Scotland U21s. All of our young players when we were in admin played for Scotland’s youth teams, where are most of them now? It doesn’t mean much.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is the rumour " he is a footballer that Hearts paid money for "? 

FTFY

Another masterpiece Levein signing, A player who should be no where near hearts, an attacking player who can’t shoot properly!    
Don’t dislike the boy , but just not what hearts are looking for. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Callum Elliot was viewed as a better prospect than Steven Fletcher whilst playing for Scotland U21s. All of our young players when we were in admin played for Scotland’s youth teams, where are most of them now? It doesn’t mean much.

I think Elliott's problem was lack of self confidence . Think he could have been a great player for us . He did show flashes of his abilities at times .

Not seen so much from Wighton but he does have ability . I agree not a lot of use if he can't reproduce it 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The signing Wighton now £500k, English or maths not your strong point?

All told the fee plus wages etc will probably total £500k or more I’m afraid.

Only if you use your preferred figure of £250 as a signing on fee. If you use one of the other figures it’s less. Probavly somewhere between £200k and £400k I reckon. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Only if you use your preferred figure of £250 as a signing on fee. If you use one of the other figures it’s less. Probavly somewhere between £200k and £400k I reckon. 

Not quite, he will be on £2-3k a week that has cost us £2-300k so far and he’s not away yet. Add in signing on fee, agent fee on top and the final cost will be over £500k . . . . . Probably. 

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’m not saying his lack of ability is the fans fault. I’m saying that there are “fans” that can’t wait on certain individuals making mistakes so they can give them grief. So it’s neither winder Wighton looked nervous.

Wighton looked timid and nervous from his very first game - the fans didn’t make him like that - he is that type of character.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I think Elliott's problem was lack of self confidence . Think he could have been a great player for us . He did show flashes of his abilities at times .

Not seen so much from Wighton but he does have ability . I agree not a lot of use if he can't reproduce it 

What ability has he shown? He is like Elliot  in that he has no confidence. Have a look at Harry Cochrane’s social media, he basically bullies Wighton at every opportunity. He’s four or five years older ffs. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Not quite, he will be on £2-3k a week that has cost us £2-300k so far and he’s not away yet. Add in signing on fee, agent fee on top and the final cost will be over £500k . . . . . Probably. 

Why do you think he’s on £2k to £3k a week? We don’t know he got a signing on fee and his agent's fee will depend whatever the purchase price for him was. I still think you’re too high. 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wighton looked timid and nervous from his very first game - the fans didn’t make him like that - he is that type of character.

I agree, not enough fight in him unfortunately. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

With Wighton that is the case. 

He comes across very timid and chilled. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why do you think he’s on £2k to £3k a week? We don’t know he got a signing on fee and his agent's fee will depend whatever the purchase price for him was. I still think you’re too high. 

I think many posters on here are "too high". 

All can agree it was a failure tho in regards to Wighton. 

£100k, £1m he's not good enough for us. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What do we learn from this?  Not sign players from the championship until they have at least done it over a full season?  Cameron, McCann, Hartley etc  

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My mate's a Dundee season ticket holder and said Wighton was terrible. When the deal was done (Shite-on to us, Flap Jack to them), we were unsure who got the better deal.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What ability has he shown?.  He is like Elliot  in that he has no confidence. Have a look at Harry Cochrane’s social media, he basically bullies Wighton at every opportunity. He’s four or five years older ffs. 

Yes no confidence but he showed very occasional flashes . Pilloried on here after rangers game when he was one of the few who got pass marks .

Think someone else has posted more informed comments on here about his ability .

Your stuff about social media !? Feck off with that crap .

Can't believe anybody would actually post that . 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Less than £2k per week probably nearer £1500 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree he’s not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

50k, 100k, 150k, 200k, 250k, 500k. Any advances? 

It's like the new stand windae cleaning all over again! :lol:

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes no confidence but he showed very occasional flashes . Pilloried on here after rangers game when he was one of the few who got pass marks .

Think someone else has posted more informed comments on here about his ability .

Your stuff about social media !? Feck off with that crap .

Can't believe anybody would actually post that . 

Believe it, gives an insight into what’s going on. Sorry if that’s too modern for you. Wighton is a joke, no skill, no talent, no goals and costs us a fortune. 

Nelly Terraces

Wighton looked scared witless every time he took to the park in a Hearts shirt. Weak, no positional awareness & rabbit in the headlights when given easiest of opportunities. We've signed some utterly gash 'strikers' the past 13 to 14 years but he's right up there.

A 3rd tier player at best. A hopeless signing.

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

What do we learn from this?  Not sign players from the championship until they have at least done it over a full season?  Cameron, McCann, Hartley etc  

No - sign players that look like a footballer not a timid wee boy!

Heartsofgold

Cameron had already been an integral part of the Raith team that won the league cup before coming to us.  McCann was signed not all that long after he tore us to pieces in the league cup at a very cold Dens Park midweek tie.  Hartley had been played in entirely the wrong position for his skill set by his previous teams and Levein noticed this then played him in the RIGHT place turning him into the player he was.  

The common factor with all of them is that they were all ESTABLISHED 1st team players in their respective teams before we came calling.  Some of the projects/prospects we have signed recently have not been and they can't/couldn't handle the step up.

Bazzas right boot

Dunno, we could miss out with that policy. 

Reilly was worth a punt, I'd have taken Shankland as well. 

I think CL seen a decent technical player and thought if he could get mental side right we'd be on a winner. 

Problem is he just seems like he's not mentally right for full time football. 

What you need is a good core of proven 15-18 SPL players then supplement it with youth/ projects , if they work great, if not then nothing lost. 

We went to pot, various first team signings haven't worked (goalies, Damour, Whelan, maybe Maclean and Uche) and the ones that looked good got injured( Haring, Washington, Naismith, Souttar, Walker, Halkett amongst others). 

Guys like Clare and Wighton looked lost when called upon over the last year. 

Clare has obviously improved recently , Wighton has not. 

We also had too many projects of youth or potential in about the team imo. 

Mulraney 

Wighton 

Clare. 

Irvine

Hickey

A club like us, if wanting to be about the top 3 can only have 1 or 2 projects in about the team, hopefully when playing well. 3, 4, or even more is no good, they should be used sparingly, not become first team players or relied on too much. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No - sign players that look like a footballer not a timid wee boy!

Yes teams are looking for bigger stronger athletes, it's just the way the game is progressing. Like most sports. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Believe it, gives an insight into what’s going on. Sorry if that’s too modern for you. Wighton is a joke, no skill, no talent, no goals and costs us a fortune. 

Social media tells you somebody has no skill or talent ? Presumably it also tells you if they do have skill or talent ?

I'll need to modernise myself , think there's money to be made here !

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Social media tells you somebody has no skill or talent ? Presumably it also tells you if they do have skill or talent ?

I'll need to modernise myself , think there's money to be made here !

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough for you, it showed me that Wighton has no confidence or strength of character to be bullied by a wee skinny big mouth teenager four years younger than him. 

During the summer Uche was in the gym a lot, Cochrane practised his skills. They should’ve been swapped that around IMO. 

My judgement on Wighton has been through watching in despair at his pitiful attempts at playing football, a view shared by many others and our new manager it would seem. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough for you, it showed me that Wighton has no confidence or strength of character to be bullied by a wee skinny big mouth teenager four years younger than him. 

During the summer Uche was in the gym a lot, Cochrane practised his skills. They should’ve been swapped that around IMO. 

My judgement on Wighton has been through watching in despair at his pitiful attempts at playing football, a view shared by many others and our new manager it would seem. 

I never disagreed about his lack of confidence/mental strength but he does have skill . 

Your stuff about social media is beyond daft .

Yours Sincerely 

An Old Git 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I never disagreed about his lack of confidence/mental strength but he does have skill . 

Your stuff about social media is beyond daft .

Yours Sincerely 

An Old Git 

WHEN HAS HE SHOWN EVEN A MODICUM OF SKILL OR TALENT?

WHEN?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll hold my hands up with regards to Wighton.

I really thought he would be an excellent signing and I thought the likes of Naismith would bring out the best in him. 

I conclude that he is nowhere near good enough for Hearts and that I got it badly wrong. 

My name is not John Murray.....

Pep or Klopp couldn’t get a tune out of him.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

WHEN?

Think I answered that already . Not on social media mind you !

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Making up figures to suit your point... brilliant. 

Bridge of Djoum
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

WHEN?

Raging. 

Go for a walk, ease the blood pressure FFS.

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Wighton looked scared witless every time he took to the park in a Hearts shirt. Weak, no positional awareness & rabbit in the headlights when given easiest of opportunities. We've signed some utterly gash 'strikers' the past 13 to 14 years but he's right up there.

A 3rd tier player at best. A hopeless signing.

To be more scathing, yes.   

43 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

James McPake comments :lol:

20200108_161222.jpg

“Loads of interest” 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Making up figures to suit your point... brilliant. 

How do you come to the conclusion his figures are made up?

We paid £250k for him in August 2018.

The average wage as reported in the media for our first team players is £138k p.a.

So if we assume he is on the average wage then he will have been paid about £185k since he joined us.

That gives a total of £435k without any add ons such as agents fees etc, etc. so Pasquale's estimate of £500k is highly likely in my opinion.

Do you disagree with that? Tells us what you think it should be.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How do you come to the conclusion his figures are made up?

We paid £250k for him in August 2018.

The average wage as reported in the media for our first team players is £138k p.a.

So if we assume he is on the average wage then he will have been paid about £185k since he joined us.

That gives a total of £435k without any add ons such as agents fees etc, etc. so Pasquale's estimate of £500k is highly likely in my opinion.

Do you disagree with that? Tells us what you think it should be.

If you don't know the figures, by definition it's made up. It's not a concept difficult to grasp.

My made up figures would guess he wasn't earning that. It may have been performance and appearance based on top of a more modest wage. 

All speculation, chief. I'd be surprised if he was earning nigh on 150k a year. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

If you don't know the figures, by definition it's made up. It's not a concept difficult to grasp.

My made up figures would guess he wasn't earning that. It may have been performance and appearance based on top of a more modest wage. 

So in conclusion your assumptions put his cost to the club at £437k since he joined which is actually slightly more than I said.

A real bargain then would you think?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, wavydavy said:

So in conclusion your assumptions put his cost to the club at £437k since he joined which is actually slightly more than I said.

A real bargain then would you think?

Sigh. I didn't give any figures so I'm confused how you've arrived at my assumed figure of 437k.

I never claimed he was anything other than poor. My point was about making stuff up and claiming fact.

It’s actually horrible to hate so many of these players but it’s hard to argue they haven’t brought it on themselves. With that said I hope he gets a move and does well. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Raging. 

Go for a walk, ease the blood pressure FFS.

Not really just trying to help the old guy read what I actually say not what he reads into it 😃

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

So he’s on less than the average pay even though we paid a decent fee for him, do you think Clare is on low wages too 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😂?
You just made that up to suit your agenda didn’t you 😜?!?!

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Sigh. I didn't give any figures so I'm confused how you've arrived at my assumed figure of 437k.

I never claimed he was anything other than poor. My point was about making stuff up and claiming fact.

You said " I'd be surprised if he was earning nigh on 150k a year."

It is a known fact that we paid £250k for him so work it out.

We signed him in August 2018 which is more than a year ago so I calculated his estimated earnings based on the average wage paid to Hearts first team players of £138k (you said £150 p.a.)

These are reported facts.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Stendel making tangible changes at Tynecastle.

Brilliant this is what we’ve all been needing. Get the deadwood out. The reason we are in this mess!