'New Stand update'.well an update

CJGJ

29 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

I don’t have time to go back on all your points but the corporate box issue is a complete red herring. Just because other people have it doesn’t mean we need to have the same. Given the current laws in this country you can’t have people being seen to drink alcohol during a game and these boxes are therefore somewhat redundant. We have facilities they just don’t overlook the pitch. 

I also remember that adding a row of boxes in the middle of the stand significantly increases the cost of the stand given the small footprint and height restrictions in place. Even a row at the back was prohibitive. 

Cmon now corporate box’s redundant ?? This stadium could be used for lots of different things other than and you don’t need to drink at the football during the match  in them either. Tell me one stadium you know of built in the last ten years that has no corporate box’s. I’ll stand corrected if you name some or even one.  

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

Independence
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A handy FAQ for those hard of thinking...

Are we staying at our home in Gorgie - Yes

Do we have a new main stand - Yes

Is it over the initial budget - Yes

Are we in a lot of debt because of it - No

Will it generate additional income for the club - Yes

Is it better than any other club's main stand in Scotland - Hampden apart and IMO - Yes.

Will the last floor be completed when we have funds to do so - Yes

Why are folk pissing and moaning about it then - Feckd if I know!

This! Some on there also have very short memories. Hindsight is a great tool!!!

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is it better than any other club's main stand in Scotland - Hampden apart and IMO - Yes.

spot on i was in the Skyline lounge for the Hogmanay party and it was a brilliant experience and a great asset to the club and will make us money in the long term, moaners will be moaners i'm certain if were doing better on the park we wouldn't be hearing a squeak from the doom and gloom merchants.

Fxxx the SPFL
26 minutes ago, sam? said:

Cmon now corporate box’s redundant ?? This stadium could be used for lots of different things other than and you don’t need to drink at the football during the match  in them either. Tell me one stadium you know of built in the last ten years that has no corporate box’s. I’ll stand corrected if you name some or even one.  

Ulan Bator FC built corporate tents (not boxes) in their new stand fans complained because the tassels and pennants got in the road.

3 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

spot on i was in the Skyline lounge for the Hogmanay party and it was a brilliant experience and a great asset to the club and will make us money in the long term, moaners will be moaners i'm certain if were doing better on the park we wouldn't be hearing a squeak from the doom and gloom merchants.

I think one of the problems is that some on here complaining about the quality of the new stand complex have not been lucky enough to visit the corporate lounges or seen the quality of the dressing rooms, etc.

30 minutes ago, sam? said:

Personally I hate watching football behind glass.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think one of the problems is that some on here complaining about the quality of the new stand complex have not been lucky enough to visit the corporate lounges or seen the quality of the dressing rooms, etc.

Or ever been in the stadium.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

What has Ann contributed financially? Where does the club's working capital come from?

Not going through it again. 

46 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just about sums it up perfectly 

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Personally I hate watching football behind glass.

Personally love it for a special occasion but its a choice thing

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

oot going through it again. 

Well I'll answer for those like me who missed the answers you gave before. 

What has Ann contributed financially? Nothing as far as I am aware apart from a loan which is now club debt.

The club's working capital is derived largely from what fans spend.

(The magic words "from the club's working capital" remind me of Corbyn's answer to the question of how the promised enormous increase in spending would be funded … "from reserves" as if the UK was sitting on a mountain of money rather a mountain of debt)

Edited by Francis Albert

Mr Brightside
46 minutes ago, sam? said:

I went to a main stand tour in August and it was mentioned that boxes similar to the tv studio were going to be retrofitted to the stand.

I think it makes sense to add them to the stand if there is enough demand.

With regards to fit out, other than the skyline lounge I wasn’t impressed with any of the corporate facilities. Colour schemes, light fittings, furniture all seemed pretty basic.  However, this can all be upgraded in due course.

Overall the new stand is a massive improvement and will / does generate additional income for the club. 

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think in general the stadium is grand and the quality certainly is there, but this is a football forum where opinions are given on their football club its not an inditement of the club being shit its observations, I contribute £40 per month to help fund the stand and  forums such as this is the only avenue to discuss it other than the pub. Ive found out this morning several things that were very informative about the glass facade from other posters and the constraints that lead to the way its been completed. 

Don't get too hung up on the criticisms it's only club footie chat.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Well I'll answer for those like me who missed the answers you gave before. 

What has Ann contributed financially? Nothing as far as I am aware apart from a loan which is now club debt.

The club's working capital is derived largely from what fans spend.

(The magic words "from the club's working capital" remind me of Cprbyn's answer to the question of how the promised enormous increase in spending would be funded … "from reserves" as if the UK was sitting on a mountain of money rather a mountain of debt)

Five plus years as ceo without taking pay is a significant financial contribution Every penny handed over by FoH for the purchase of her shares has been re-invested in the club as loans at very low or no interest rates. Time will tell if these loans are ever repaid. Benefactors money unlikely to be coming in without Budges leadership. Working capital is generated by every business, not sure many customers of companies believe they are helping to generate the companies working capital but twist it that way if you like. Did the fans also generate the tv money, commercial contract income, prize-money? 
I’m out of this pointless, backward looking debate which is probably on rev X by now. If people want to say we spent £25m+ on a new stand then I can only feel sorry for them. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Five plus years as ceo without taking pay is a significant financial contribution Every penny handed over by FoH for the purchase of her shares has been re-invested in the club as loans at very low or no interest rates. Time will tell if these loans are ever repaid. Benefactors money unlikely to be coming in without Budges leadership. Working capital is generated by every business, not sure many customers of companies believe they are helping to generate the companies working capital but twist it that way if you like. Did the fans also generate the tv money, commercial contract income, prize-money? 
I’m out of this pointless, backward looking debate which is probably on rev X by now. If people want to say we spent £25m+ on a new stand then I can only feel sorry for them. 

Source?

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Some maybe but by no means all.

I was a couple of times a season visitor to the Gorgie Suite and was always impressed.  It always had a sense of occasion and some distinction. The opening at the front giving a view of the pitch and other stands was a nice and possibly unique touch that always impressed first time visitors.

We were moved to the European Directors Suite last time and I found it a big disappointment. A plain square room with white walls and a few pictures the only decoration. No club crests that I could see. A not very distinct bar - looked like a table at the end of the room. No clear position for presentations and interviews - when he began speaking it took me a little time to spot Scott Wilson standing outside the kitchen door with his hand held microphone - no dais or background display. A view of the windswept Plaza for those with table near the windows

In the room and on my way to it from reception got no sense that what I saw was the result of a £6m fit out with high quality finish.

Food and service excellent though.

Sorry just my honest impression and opinion.

The Fans Bar which we visited before was about as basic as a bar can get.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I was a couple of times a season visitor to the Gorgie Suite and was always impressed.  It always had a sense of occasion and some distinction. The opening at the front giving a view of the pitch and other stands was a nice and possibly unique touch that always impressed first time visitors.

We were moved to the European Directors Suite last time and I found it a big disappointment. A plain square room with white walls and a few pictures the only decoration. No club crests that I could see. A not very distinct bar - looked like a table at the end of the room. No clear position for presentations and interviews - when he began speaking it took me a little time to spot Scott Wilson standing outside the kitchen door with his hand held microphone - no dais or background display. A view of the windswept Plaza for those with table near the windows

In the room and on my way to it from reception got no sense that what I saw was the result of a £6m fit out with high quality finish.

I agree that the new corporate facilities do seem a bit bleak but hopefully that can be improved over time. However, I was very impressed with the Skyline Facilities. Decent offer for anyone to try that for the Airdrie cup tie. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/scottish-cup-hospitality-packages-1

I've got a hobo in law who has been to a wedding at both tynecastle and the cowp  he says that ours is a lot better.  

It looks like it is starting to bring in a lot of income on non match days   we can argue about the cost etc, but it is going to bring us in a lot of money   even more once the team starts doing well.  

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree that the new corporate facilities do seem a bit bleak but hopefully that can be improved over time. However, I was very impressed with the Skyline Facilities. Decent offer for anyone to try that for the Airdrie cup tie. 

Thanks we will try that next time.

I should add that though unimpressed by the new suite the package was good value and superior to most corporate type hospitality I have experienced.

I assume the Gorgie Suite will still.be the big match experience venue for bigger games.

Not read every post on this thread. I for one congratulate the club on having the strategic thinking to invest in our new stand. The old stand (which I sat in for years) was well past its sell by date. It cost several thousands of £s every year just to keep it maintained to an acceptable standard ( I used to have to negotiate access/egress via a dark stairwell and I was often concerned as to what might happen if someone lost their footing.) The old stand had very basic corporate facilities and the players changing areas were inadequately small. The turnaround has been dramatic - less maintenance cost, increased capacity for corporate and ordinary supporters and potential for hosting international etc matches all leading to additional revenue.

I still feel a sense of pride as I turn off Gorgie Road into McLeod Street and the new stand/Foundation Plaza comes into view and I remember how this used to look from the 1960s onwards. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Surely they should be the required standard now they are brand new. Ok I know you can't get everything right first time but that takes the biscuit.

2 hours ago, sam? said:

The stadium IS used for lots of things. I was at one recently and there were EIGHT other events happening in Tynie.

Been to a couple of the new stand venues for private functions found them to be of a pretty good standard, decor nothing special. However range of venues,  with the second floor still to come , is far superior to the old stand. Not visited the skyline but fully intend to this year.

My only gripe with the stand is that at the end nearest Gorgie road has a few columns of restricted view seats, ie you can't see all of the goal line/net. Mate checked it out at the stenhousemuir league cup game this season, as we were debating the issue  , we were sat about ten seats further away from the Gorgie end.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Took my wife to the Skyline lounge recently and was really impressed. Lovely airy and light atmosphere with good food and drink. The only problem was my wife drank enough champagne to sink the Titanic and had to be helped out of the stadium at the end.

Colonel Kurtz
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

In respect of not taking a penny

Budge has cartainly oaid her cronies and family enough

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Nothing wrong with stating your opinion. The points you have made can easily be sorted with further decoration and photographs I would have thought a relatively small cost.

Have you had a chance to visit the dressing rooms, media centre, warm up area, etc? All very impressive IMO.

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely they should be the required standard now they are brand new. Ok I know you can't get everything right first time but that takes the biscuit.

That’s just my personal opinion. Others may like the decor and layout. I probably meant stark rather than bleak. 

highlandjambo3
19 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Took my wife to the Skyline lounge recently and was really impressed. Lovely airy and light atmosphere with good food and drink. The only problem was my wife drank enough champagne to sink the Titanic and had to be helped out of the stadium at the end.

A new “like getting your moneys worth” advert in the making 😄

27 minutes ago, jambali said:

The stadium IS used for lots of things. I was at one recently and there were EIGHT other events happening in Tynie.

Sorry I was meaning other events on pitch similar to the concert thing where a corporate box would be desirable for a pop concert or boxing match or similar. Not disputing for one second the utilisation of the facility’s, this is a b part of the plan we have got right. 

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Alternatively they've been lucky enough to attend a lot of other 'premium' events and at similar expensive facilities and don't think those on offer in the new stand compare that well.

Certainly can't speak for the dressing rooms of course.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Alternatively they've been lucky enough to attend a lot of other 'premium' events and at similar expensive facilities and don't think those on offer in the new stand compare that well.

Certainly can't speak for the dressing rooms of course.

My point was that some criticising on here may not have had the chance to view our stand facilities first hand - if they have visited other stadiums facilities but not ours how can they compare?

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nothing wrong with stating your opinion. The points you have made can easily be sorted with further decoration and photographs I would have thought a relatively small cost.

Have you had a chance to visit the dressing rooms, media centre, warm up area, etc? All very impressive IMO.

No to your last question. The vastly improved player facilities seem if anything to have had a negative effect on the "product" on the pitch so far! As for the media I'd be inclined to stick them in a Portakabin at Riccarton with a poor quality feed to Tynie. Apparently the Directors Suite where Ann entertains her guests on match days  is the best in the country according to other club chairmen and executives. Again not a big priority for me.

48 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The complaints seem to be centred on the spartan decor of the lounges and not the actual layout of the structure. So I would suggest the Club got that right first time, however the decor needs improved by some wall paper and wall hangings?

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

No to your last question. The vastly improved player facilities seem if anything to have had a negative effect on the "product" on the pitch so far! As for the media I'd be inclined to stick them in a Portakabin at Riccarton with a poor quality feed to Tynie. Apparently the Directors Suite where Ann entertains her guests on match days  is the best in the country according to other club chairmen and executives. Again not a big priority for me.

The poor current team performances are temporary - the quality dressing rooms are permanent.

Match sponsors are entertained in the Directors suite adjacent to the Skyline before joining others in the Gorgie Suite - it is impressive.

I believe they slide back the dividing partition on non match days for private functions.

I agree with your comments on the media by the way.

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The complaints seem to be centred on the spartan decor of the lounges and not the actual layout of the structure. So I would suggest the Club got that right first time, however the decor needs improved by some wall paper and wall hangings?

👍

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The poor current team performances are temporary - the quality dressing rooms are permanent.

Match sponsors are entertained in the Directors suite adjacent to the Skyline before joining others in the Gorgie Suite - it is impressive.

I believe they slide back the dividing partition on non match days for private functions.

I agree with your comments on the media by the way.

OK. My post was a bit tongue in cheek. 

Except when it came to the media. The fact they get drenched when it rains is a brilliant bit of design!

Overall i absolutely love the new stand ,my only criticism is the grey panelling , really don't like it . Makes the exterior look dated instead of modern imo . 

Just a personal opinion though . 

Where do I sign up to live in the utopian world that some people seem to think exist?  The level of ill-informed assumptions and "should've done it this way experts" is staggering.

It was a rush job because it had to be.  Undoubtedly there have been issues, but Ann Budge didn't ride into town proclaiming to be some building expert and has clearly got some things wrong.  It would seem she and the board were very badly let down by the QS and the architect.  As for engaging her Brothers company, quite right too.  If I was spending a fortune, I'd want someone in there that I could trust, especially if I'd been let down by other professionals.

A lot of the complaints seem to be on décor and colour scheme.  Hardly a surprise - most of us will decorate our house different to each other. 

We've got a very good base in the main stand now.  One that is nearly paid for and that can evolve with us as a club and be tweaked along the way to suit our needs. 

It looks immense from my seat in the Wheatfield and the times I've sat in the new stand I've liked it.  The seats seem to be more roomy than my 25 year old padded platinum one in section D.  

I fully recommend that everyone goes on the stadium tour to get a full appreciation of the stand and its facilities - just take Sarah Beeny with you if you're fussy over trivia like wallpaper and hangings.   

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There’s no disputing the upgrade in quality. It’s the cost we’re talking about. At a time when the management of the club is in question, it’s more than realistic to ask questions about it.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s no disputing the upgrade in quality. It’s the cost we’re talking about. At a time when the management of the club is in question, it’s more than realistic to ask questions about it.

What “exactly” do you hope to achieve by discussing the cost?

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Its amazing how some get aggressively defensive for asking questions.  Just answer them without playing the haters of hobo card   surely as fans who helped fund it, posters are allowed to query things.  I dont know why they see a problem with that.  

7 hours ago, ramrod said:

For the record your post are the funniest on this thread by a country mile . 

Your last paragraph sums  up your contribution to this thread perfectly. 

Do continue. 

So you think 12 million of extras on a single tiered stand is acceptable? What about 30 million, or 40? Should Ann Budge just be allowed to piss money up the wall for fun? The Hearts support has some of the most subservient fans in Scotland, the Levein supporter types, sticking up for him until the bitter end.

It's not heresy to suggest that a stand that was estimated to cost 12 million and that still not been finished (taking longer than Spurs did to build a whole stadium), and has no actual finish date, is  total embarrassment to the club. 

Too many supporters are apologists for failure, willing to accept anything that Hearts as a club say or do without question, and it's got the club to where it is now - Adrift at the bottom of the league, a play-off place being the clubs target, a squad full of absolute dross, a new manager (and a good manager) struggling to get his assistants in, and a stand that is still a mess, with a press box not fit for purpose and a lot of restricted view seats.

All of this is on Ann Budges watch and it is pathetic. You and your ilk are enablers of failure, it has become endemic within the club and we can only hope Stendel can save her skin, because if you think this is bad then wait and see what happens if Hearts get relegated. This will be a tea party by comparison.

A disgraceful situation for Hearts to be, and all of Budge and Leveins making.

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

What “exactly” do you hope to achieve by discussing the cost?

What "exactly" do you hope to achieve by asking that question?

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

What "exactly" do you hope to achieve by asking that question?

Some people on this thread are allergic to numbers. Big ones. Undeniable ones. Tragic.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Some people on this thread are allergic to numbers. Big ones. Undeniable ones. Tragic.

Allergic to any questioning let alone any criticism of the Budge / Levein regime. 

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

With respect some on here have been questioning the quality

Same old questions from the same posters.

Here's a thought, you won't get the answers you are looking for on here no matter how many times you ask.

24 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

So you think 12 million of extras on a single tiered stand is acceptable? What about 30 million, or 40? Should Ann Budge just be allowed to piss money up the wall for fun? The Hearts support has some of the most subservient fans in Scotland, the Levein supporter types, sticking up for him until the bitter end.

It's not heresy to suggest that a stand that was estimated to cost 12 million and that still not been finished (taking longer than Spurs did to build a whole stadium), and has no actual finish date, is  total embarrassment to the club. 

Too many supporters are apologists for failure, willing to accept anything that Hearts as a club say or do without question, and it's got the club to where it is now - Adrift at the bottom of the league, a play-off place being the clubs target, a squad full of absolute dross, a new manager (and a good manager) struggling to get his assistants in, and a stand that is still a mess, with a press box not fit for purpose and a lot of restricted view seats.

All of this is on Ann Budges watch and it is pathetic. You and your ilk are enablers of failure, it has become endemic within the club and we can only hope Stendel can save her skin, because if you think this is bad then wait and see what happens if Hearts get relegated. This will be a tea party by comparison.

Offfttt 😆

26 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Why do you want to be one of us?