'New Stand update'.well an update

CJGJ

5 hours ago, sam? said:

Cmon now corporate box’s redundant ?? This stadium could be used for lots of different things other than and you don’t need to drink at the football during the match  in them either. Tell me one stadium you know of built in the last ten years that has no corporate box’s. I’ll stand corrected if you name some or even one.  

Well to an extent (and in our circumstance) they are. However it’s not black and white, but I’d ask myself how much more revenue would we deliver from these facilities if they overlooked the pitch...it’ll be a small amount. If the cost of having them or not was £2m+ (I don’t have an exact amount, but I remember this point being discussed in an evening news article about the stand at the time, it might have been considerably more) then over 20years having the boxes would need to increase the profit margin by more than £100k a year to even pay for themselves. So that’s on top of what the current facility will make us. I don’t think there is the demand to make them viable. 

For example, week to week if people are wanting meeting rooms etc cost, location, size and facilities on offer will be higher up the list than a view of an empty football stadium. 

On a match day the windows need to be covered or alcohol can’t be visible.  Again having rooms/lounges with nice facilities and easy access to a seat are more important than a pitch view. 

I’ve always thought at Easter Road and Pittodrie the boxes often look half empty meaning their obviously not fully sold out and for us I’m sure half the home games a season there wouldn’t be a demand for hospitality that would be refused on the bases of not having a pitch via during the game...given the current legal position. 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Same old questions from the same posters.

Here's a thought, you won't get the answers you are looking for on here no matter how many times you ask.

A lot of the questions are rhetorical questions.

Few of us expect answers from the ultra loyalists.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why do you want to be one of us? 

What is "one of us"? Someone who agrees with you? Pathetic really.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A lot of the questions are rhetorical questions.

Few of us expect answers from the ultra loyalists.

Who do you expect them from? 

Ricardo Shillyshally
27 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Some people on this thread are allergic to numbers. Big ones. Undeniable ones. Tragic.

Any credibility you had on numbers evaporated when you suggested the new stand did not increase capacity

35 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

So you think 12 million of extras on a single tiered stand is acceptable? What about 30 million, or 40? Should Ann Budge just be allowed to piss money up the wall for fun? The Hearts support has some of the most subservient fans in Scotland, the Levein supporter types, sticking up for him until the bitter end.

It's not heresy to suggest that a stand that was estimated to cost 12 million and that still not been finished (taking longer than Spurs did to build a whole stadium), and has no actual finish date, is  total embarrassment to the club. 

Too many supporters are apologists for failure, willing to accept anything that Hearts as a club say or do without question, and it's got the club to where it is now - Adrift at the bottom of the league, a play-off place being the clubs target, a squad full of absolute dross, a new manager (and a good manager) struggling to get his assistants in, and a stand that is still a mess, with a press box not fit for purpose and a lot of restricted view seats.

All of this is on Ann Budges watch and it is pathetic. You and your ilk are enablers of failure, it has become endemic within the club and we can only hope Stendel can save her skin, because if you think this is bad then wait and see what happens if Hearts get relegated. This will be a tea party by comparison.

A disgraceful situation for Hearts to be, and all of Budge and Leveins making.

It depends what the £12m of extras are and how much income that will generate is over the extra 20 odd years. 

It’s staggeringly simple to be honest. 

I think supporters are quite entitled to ask for an explanation of the spiralling costs. There could be good reasons for it, or it could be gross negligence. We don't know. 

I ask our FoH reps on the Board to ask for a full report.

9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I think supporters are quite entitled to ask for an explanation of the spiralling costs. There could be good reasons for it, or it could be gross negligence. We don't know. 

I ask our FoH reps on the Board to ask for a full report.

Aye but see if I now post 100 times asking you if there are good reasons or if it's gross negligence is that ok? Even though we both know that you have no idea.

Edit: That was rhetorical, I'm not looking for an answer. I will only post it once though.  ;) 

Edited by graygo

What I get. Blind faith.

Of course you do. Some people will support the club through thick and thin, ups and downs regardless of what is going on. Or blind faith as you call it.

That's not a new thing or that surprising.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Of course you do. Some people will support the club through thick and thin, ups and downs regardless of what is going on. Or blind faith as you call it.

That's not a new thing or that surprising.

Why do you assume I don't support the club in the way you describe? I have been doing so for over 50 years.

Why do you assume I don't support the club in the way you describe? I have been doing so for over 50 years.

I'm not assuming anything. I am describing what I think blind faith means.

BTW you seem to have misread my post when you replied about blind faith.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I'm not assuming anything. I am describing what I think blind faith means.

BTW you seem to have misread my post when you replied about blind faith.

I wouldn't describe my support (nearer 60 years  in fact) as blind faith. Far from it. I care enough to.criticise or at least question the way the club is run . Now is certainly a lot better than for most of those 60 years. But still deserving of criticism or questioning.. I mean the faith in Levein for example? A 100% overspend on the new stand? Sorry "stadium redevelopment".

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I wouldn't describe my support (nearer 60 years  in fact) as blind faith. Far from it. I care enough to.criticise or at least question the way the club is run . Now is certainly a lot better than for most of those 60 years. But still deserving of criticism or questioning.. I mean the faith in Levein for example? A 100% overspend on the new stand? Sorry "stadium redevelopment".

Not sure what your argument with me is here FA, you support the club but you don't show blind faith. What is wrong with that statement?

Sorry, re-read the page before submitting this post. I wasn't suggesting that you don't support the club through thick and thin, ups and downs, or at least that wasn't my intention.

SectionDJambo

I realise that you have to be a shareholder to attend the AGM, but, due to all the various share issues of the past, many fans can go. Why do people ask these questions on here, when they must know they won't get the answer,  instead of going along to ask Ann Budge herself?

Go along and challenge her on it, by all means. You would be doing us all a great service, in that we'd get the answers, instead of arguments. I'm assuming that the desire for clarity is the motivation for the questions, so go ask her next time.

This would mean foregoing the advantage of anonymity, but surely fear isn't a factor in not asking face to face? 

57 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What is "one of us"? Someone who agrees with you? Pathetic really.

Agree, your stalking/trolling on  here is pathetic 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not sure what your argument with me is here FA, you support the club but you don't show blind faith. What is wrong with that statement?

Sorry, re-read the page before submitting this post. I wasn't suggesting that you don't support the club through thick and thin, ups and downs, or at least that wasn't my intention.

OK maybe a misunderstanding. You seemed to be suggesting blind faith was a good thing. Apologies if I got that wrong..

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree, your stalking/trolling on  here is pathetic 

Stalking/trolling?

I will leave it for others to decide what is pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK maybe a misunderstanding. You seemed to be suggesting blind faith was a good thing. Apologies if I got that wrong..

Not a good or a bad thing, just a thing.

It is you who is suggesting it's a bad thing. You even give it catchy names like "ultra loyalists"

Edited by graygo

Heartsofgold

The 22+ million is NOT just for the stand!!!  It covers all the infrastructure spend, the pitch, the Wheatfield undercroft, the plant room under the Roseburn and everything in between.  Christ sake this have been covered over ad over.  Yes we have spent more on the stand than we budgeted to but NOT double the ****ing budget.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Stalking/trolling?

I will leave it for others to decide what is pathetic.

You came back to me about a post when all I did was ask another poster why he wanted to be a Hearts supporter when he had just ranted negatively about nearly everything to do with the club. Other posters have also commented about his views and questioned why he would support Hearts if his views are accurate. Why would you support a club if you thought just everything to do with it was broken? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

You came back to me about a post when all I did was ask another poster why he wanted to be a Hearts supporter when he had just ranted negatively about nearly everything to do with the club. Other posters have also commented about his views and questioned why he would support Hearts if his views are accurate. Why would you support a club if you thought just everything to do with it was broken? 

Like a marriage, when it gets to that stage it's probably better to call it a day and move on to something else.

Like a marriage, when it gets to that stage it's probably better to call it a day and move on to something else.

Correct 

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

The 22+ million is NOT just for the stand!!!  It covers all the infrastructure spend, the pitch, the Wheatfield undercroft, the plant room under the Roseburn and everything in between.  Christ sake this have been covered over ad over.  Yes we have spent more on the stand than we budgeted to but NOT double the ****ing budget.

As had been said often the original estimate was for stadium redevelopment not just the new stand.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As had been said often the original estimate was for stadium redevelopment not just the new stand.

I think Cruikie’s numbers are the most interesting and realistic ones to base an any analysis on. 

highlandjambo3

As a glass half full person (and a FOH contributor), I’m pleased with OUR new stand and it’s cost...... all you neggy persons can fk off.......simple.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not a good or a bad thing, just a thing.

It is you who is suggesting it's a bad thing. You even give it catchy names like "ultra loyalists"

The catchy name accurately reflects my view of those who supported Levein up to.the end ('well not the end for another 6.momths) and don't question an overspend of 100% on the stadium.redevelopment

Heartsofgold

As had been said often the original estimate was for stadium redevelopment not just the new satand.

The original stand budget was £11 million with a £1 million overspend budget.  Since then we have done the pitch at £1mil+, the Roseburn plant fit out and the Wheatfield (although I think this may have, rather foolishly, been included in the £11million budget).  We have refitted all the kiosks in the stands and replaced numeous seats due to vandalism.  There are plenty of other jobs that have been done.

To be perfectly honest I've always believed that the stand budget was unreasonably small.  It was ALWAYS going to be higher.

The catchy name accurately reflects my view of those who supported Levein up to.the end ('well not the end for another 6.momths) and don't question an overspend of 100% on the stadium.redevelopment

You're doing a grand job of proving my point as round and round we go.

There has not been an overspend of 100% on the stadium redevelopment no matter how often you say it and how often it is pointed out to you you are wrong.

Bad Religion

You're doing a grand job of proving my point as round and round we go.

There has not been an overspend of 100% on the stadium redevelopment no matter how often you say it and how often it is pointed out to you you are wrong.

Franny is convinced the truth will unveil something more sinister. He isn't however, brave enough to convey his thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Franny is convinced the truth will unveil something more sinister. He isn't however, brave enough to convey his thoughts.

Perfect summary of this thread and why it’s run to 10 pages 

5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

A sleekit wrong un is a better description. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

@TheTrumpet

Have I got you confused with someone else, or did you say you've no affiliation with Hearts really? Sorry, if I have.

Just quite surprised at the vehemence in your posts regarding the stand, Budge & Levein. Spencer (you may not know that particular rat) used to post stuff like you have above. "Subservient" "ilk" "endemic" and so on. Strong stuff. 

Funny that , I was torn between Spencer or Hendricks , a couple of right wallopers  them to . 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

@TheTrumpet

Have I got you confused with someone else, or did you say you've no affiliation with Hearts really? Sorry, if I have.

Just quite surprised at the vehemence in your posts regarding the stand, Budge & Levein. Spencer (you may not know that particular rat) used to post stuff like you have above. "Subservient" "ilk" "endemic" and so on. Strong stuff. 

Right, for the last time - I like Hearts, enjoy seeing them do well and genuinely want to see them challenging at the top of the table. Am I a PHM, no, do I go to games? Very rarely and not for a long time. I stayed in Westfield St when I first moved up here and drank in the Station Bar (this is all elsewhere on this site). I'm not a f*%king Hibs fan, I'm not from Edinburgh at all. 

F*$k me, anyone that doesn't tow the party line and accept whatever Budge says is Hibs Vermin (a really f*"king awful word to use, way too much of a Nazi vibe).

I get heated up because I think too many on here just bend over and take it whatever happens, defend the indefensible. If Hibs had built a single tier stadium that was 12 million over budget and not finished after almost 3 years, what do you think these self same posters would be saying? Well done? I'm sure it''ll pay for itself in 20 years? No, they'd be tearing them a new one and rightly so.

I mean, imagine what Craig Levein could have done with that extra 12 million (and rising)? A whole new medical department for the ward full of crocks and project buys he'd have made...hm...maybe the stand is value for money! 😎

Anyway, as I said, there are none so blind etc. I think the whole new stand has been appallingly handled from start to, eventual, finish.

There are too many on here that, if Ann Budge came round to their house and shat on their cornflakes they'd say 'Thanks for the topping!' and tuck in. 

You usually seem like a reasonable poster - Do you think the stand has been developed at a reasonable cost?

Edited by TheTrumpet

4 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Right, for the last time - I like Hearts, enjoy seeing them do well and genuinely want to see them challenging at the top of the table. Am I a PHM, no, do I go to games? Very rarely and not for a long time. I stayed in Westfield St when I first moved up here and drank in the Station Bar (this is all elsewhere on this site). I'm not a f*%king Hibs fan, I'm not from Edinburgh at all. 

F*$k me, anyone that doesn't tow the party line and accept whatever Budge says is Hibs Vermin (a really f*"king awful word to use, way too much of a Nazi vibe).

I get heated up because I think too many on here just bend over and take it whatever happens, defen

d the indefensible. If Hibs had built a single tier stadium that was 12 million over budget and not finished after almost 3 years, what do you think these self same posters would be saying? Well done? I'm sure it''ll pay for itself in 20 years? No, they'd be tearing them a new one and rightly so.

I mean, imagine what Craig Levein could have done with that extra 12 million (and rising)? A whole new medical department for the ward full of crocks and project buys he'd have made...hm...maybe the stand is value for money! 😎

Anyway, as I said, there are none so blind etc. I think the whole new stand has been appallingly handled from start to, eventual, finish.

There are too many on here that, if Ann Budge came round to their house and shat on their cornflakes they'd say 'Thanks for the topping!' and tuck in. 

You usually seem like a reasonable poster - Do you think the stand has been developed at a reasonable cost?

You're definitely Hibs  m8 . Come on now , you are though aren't you 😬

5 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I get heated up because I think too many on here just bend over and take it whatever happens, defend the indefensible. If Hibs had built a single tier stadium that was 12 million over budget and not finished after almost 3 years, what do you think these self same posters would be saying? Well done? I'm sure it''ll pay for itself in 20 years? No, they'd be tearing them a new one and rightly so.

I'm not of a mind to pick out all the holes in that but I will point out that £12 million would not have found it's way into Craig Levein's war chest had we not spent it on the stand.

I suppose only a Hearts supporter would know that to be fair to you.

1 hour ago, DalryJambo said:

It depends what the £12m of extras are and how much income that will generate is over the extra 20 odd years. 

It’s staggeringly simple to be honest. 

And can you give me the answer to those questions? It should be staggeringly simple.

Just now, Barack said:

I was merely asking, as your posting departed from its usual. Not suggesting you're this, that or t'other. 

I can't comment on the stand really, as I'm far from qualified to do so. Nor have I taken an active serious interest in the stand's financial minutiae. I don't think Budge has been brilliant in everything,  and I suppose I can see arguments for concern over costings. However, at this moment in time and until we're safe from relegation, I'm surprised it's foremost in some people's minds. Certainly not in mine.

Seems to be more pressing issues afoot.

It's called the winter break - No footie to talk about and the devil makes work for idle typists. 😏

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not of a mind to pick out all the holes in that but I will point out that £12 million would not have found it's way into Craig Levein's war chest had we not spent it on the stand.

I suppose only a Hearts supporter would know that to be fair to you.

That part was a joke. I suppose only an intelligent person would know that to be fair to you.

We are very lucky things didn’t go horribly wrong for us with this overspend. Project management for the new stand build has been appalling. It’s unbelievable that the club had not worked out what they could do with the space created in the main stand before they started building it.  It turns out lucky for us that more space was created than they had thought. It could easily have gone the other way and we could have ended up with a stand not big enough for what we need.  The initial budget appears to have been based on building a shell that would be fitted out at a later date.  If this was a normal company Budge would have been fired for this lack of over sight and negligence.

Bad Religion
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We are very lucky things didn’t go horribly wrong for us with this overspend. Project management for the new stand build has been appalling. It’s unbelievable that the club had not worked out what they could do with the space created in the main stand before they started building it.  It turns out lucky for us that more space was created than they had thought. It could easily have gone the other way and we could have ended up with a stand not big enough for what we need.  The initial budget appears to have been based on building a shell that would be fitted out at a later date.  If this was a normal company Budge would have been fired for this lack of over sight and negligence.

:berra:

Just now, Bad Religion said:

How old are you?

Old enough to work out you are not smart enough to come up with a written argument against what I have said.

Coburg Hearts
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

Your whole post was a joke ya fecking trumpet.

No way would a non-Hearts fan get so worked up about our new stand, like the Trumpet does,  unless he was a Green Ginger kind of Hibby.

28 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Who is your "favourite" team and where are you from? Seeing as you're being all open and transparent.

Why would a neutral care enough to be as hyper critical of everything Hearts as you appear to be?